Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-19-2013, 09:15 PM

Calgary cops were recently stealing bicycles from people and forcing them to prove ownership all because some bikes were being stolen by other crooks. Wake the **** up people, since the B.N.A. was replaced with the trudopian constipation, Canadian citizens lost all rights to own property.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:54 AM

New Slogan for the RCMP, "We'll take your property when ever we wish, now prove you own it"...... Don't care if your documents were destroyed in a flood, NOAH kept a record didn't he? Guess you shouldn't have voted out the registry, imagine if was still in place, we'd already know who's guns we've stolen.[/QUOTE]

There's also a new RCMP emblem floating around the internet some place that shows their crest with "search and seizure at your leisure" written on it.

Quite fitting since they kept folks out of their homes with spike belts and barricades while they ransacked the houses of High River!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 AM

Fight now or loose everything within five years, that's my oppinion.
If you stay silent because you aren't a service rifle shooter or collector of military style rifles you loose as well.
No more infighting, stand and be heard or be silent forever.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman99 View Post
The law requires you keep the PAL # of the person you sell any firearm to.

I always wondered why, but if they kept the LGR records they could trace any firearm with us as individuals keeping a LGR of what we sell...
I believe we are required to check if they have a valid pal, I'm unaware of an obligation to keep records. Could you point me to the legal requirement.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:

I always wondered why, but if they kept the LGR records they could trace any firearm with us as individuals keeping a LGR of what we sell...
There is NO requirement to record PAL/RPAL information when selling a firearm. Check the license, if your think it may not be valid call the CFC and confirm it is valid. That's it, that's all.

AGAIN:

There is NO requirement to record any PAL/RPAL info. Check for valid license, that's it.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 12-20-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Calgary cops were recently stealing bicycles from people and forcing them to prove ownership all because some bikes were being stolen by other crooks. Wake the **** up people, since the B.N.A. was replaced with the trudopian constipation, Canadian citizens lost all rights to own property.
If you believe that, you need to learn how to read. The Charter is probably the only thing preventing the RCMP from charging people in mass about unsafe storage of firearms.

The BNA provides 0 protection for property. The only thing that does is the Bill of Rights and even that garbage piece of legislation only applies to the federal government and their delegated powers.

Stop drinking the koolaid and look into things for yourself.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
There is NO requirement to record PAL/RPAL information when selling a firearm. Check the license, if your think it may not be valid call the CFC and confirm it is valid. That's it, that's all.

AGAIN:

There is NO requirement to record any PAL/RPAL info. Check for valid license, that's it.
You're absolutely correct. But I'll add my own home grown charter of rights if you will. If you look like a gang banger or shady in any way, you ain't getting it. Period.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
So after the RCMP's actions and lack of openess to answer questions about their actions what kind of opinion or faith should the general public have in them
The same faith they had before the gun theft...zero.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post
I believe we are required to check if they have a valid pal, I'm unaware of an obligation to keep records. Could you point me to the legal requirement.
It doesn't exist. Iceman is incorrect. The law says you can call and verify the PAL. Doesn't say you are required to keep a record of anything. If you are satisfied with the PAL card, then you are fine. The above applies only to non restricted though.....
Old 12-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Maybe this will help.

http://www.cpc-cpp.gc.ca/cnt/decisio...30705-eng.aspx
Old 12-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
You're absolutely correct. But I'll add my own home grown charter of rights if you will. If you look like a gang banger or shady in any way, you ain't getting it. Period.
I like it. Absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of profiling.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 12-21-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csteeves View Post
If you believe that, you need to learn how to read. The Charter is probably the only thing preventing the RCMP from charging people in mass about unsafe storage of firearms.

The BNA provides 0 protection for property. The only thing that does is the Bill of Rights and even that garbage piece of legislation only applies to the federal government and their delegated powers.

The Canadian Bill of rights was replaced by the charter of rights and freedoms in '82. Please tell where it says Canadian citizens have the RIGHT to own property. I'll have another Kool-Aid in the meantime.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Banned

I was talking to a lady the other day about her job she works at ct in the gun section selling rifles she told me every month or so the RCMP come in and take the info recorded with the owners name and pal and which gun they purchased.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwhiskey View Post
Well, it appears it is a useful tool as proof of ownership, after the RCMP has kicked in your door and stolen your property
New Slogan for the RCMP, "We'll take your property when ever we wish, now prove you own it"...... Don't care if your documents were destroyed in a flood, NOAH kept a record didn't he? Guess you shouldn't have voted out the registry, imagine if was still in place, we'd already know who's guns we've stolen.
X2...I could easily see the government using that "reasoning" to bring it back....after all they are just trying to help poor citizens who do not properly look after their important documents.
Please public help us bring back the registry cause the big bad gun owners are nit looking after paperwork, just think the care they are probably not doing with the guns, geez so many were just laying around when we "randomly" went into the flooded homes. Big brother will protect you.

I do hope that the heavy sarcasm is evident from what I wrote as everything I wrote is probably going to be someones b.s campaign speech!!!

Silkwhiskey...ya hit it in the head!!!!

Disgusting!!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:33 AM

Quote:
I was talking to a lady the other day about her job she works at ct in the gun section selling rifles she told me every month or so the RCMP come in and take the info recorded with the owners name and pal and which gun they purchased.
That would be enough reason for me to never purchase a firearm from them. It also constitutes an illegal registry, for which the RCMP officer that is ordering this should be dealt with.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That would be enough reason for me to never purchase a firearm from them. It also constitutes an illegal registry, for which the RCMP officer that is ordering this should be dealt with.
If that is the case then someone needs to be taking that complaint to a judge and the privacy commission.

The RCMP are a f ing joke. Well most police here are, I should know I was one. And if anyone believes the registry was deleted you're kidding yourselves. I still had access to it last summer long after the law changed.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

At canadian tire they sell guns and I know a lady that told me they come an pick up all there documents of the guns sold there every month. She says they take all the info. She says about once a month they come. She told me they keep it on file so they know who owns what!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Banned

Can't believe they think we're stupid
Old 01-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhunter123 View Post
At canadian tire they sell guns and I know a lady that told me they come an pick up all there documents of the guns sold there every month. She says they take all the info. She says about once a month they come. She told me they keep it on file so they know who owns what!
It's bull**** they can do that
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That would be unreasonable search of the folks on those pages...me thinks.
Afterall... what crime would all of them be suspected of that he might be investigating?

Which Canadian Tire?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
It's bull**** they can do that
Quoting and commenting on your own posts? Is that like carrying on a conversation with yourself
Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I don't believe this happens for a second.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csteeves View Post

Try again... when we lost the BNA we also lost British Common law and THAT was chaulk full of things refering to the right to own property, castle law and protections from unreasonable search.

It also disallowed anything to be considered a crime unless actual harm could be demonstrated.

What does that mean?

Well maybe we should start a list of things that are now crimes that could not be then.

It would be a pretty long list when one considers how many things you can now be charged with although... no harm actually occured.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
That would be unreasonable search of the folks on those pages...me thinks.
Afterall... what crime would all of them be suspected of that he might be investigating?

Which Canadian Tire?
Still wondering what Canadian Tire.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
What a pile of BS. Too funny.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:

This is incorrect. Even businesses are not required to.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...703-81-eng.htm
Old 01-03-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I believe certain gun shop employees will give all sorts of interesting reasons to justify recording information which is unnecessary.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:22 AM

Default what adds up

I have found over the years that everything always adds up. When things don't add up it is because you have a lie or are missing some pieces of the story.
This is not conclusive but the RCMP's story just does not add up. The story's being told by the people of High River and other people that have be effected by the actions of the RCMP, tend to add up.
Every thing about this says to me that the RCMP are not telling the whole truth at best and are out right lairs and crooks at worst.
Some times you may never get the whole story and you may never get things to add up, that just means you have been lied to or not told the whole story,because when the truth all comes out,if it ever does, THINGS ALWAYS ADD UP.
There is nothing I can think of that the RCMP could add to their story that would make it add up, so for my money I am saying they are lairs,I could be wrong but I doubt it.