Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Fishing Geek.
I am sorry to hear about your experiances out this way. Lets try and make this up to you guys.
You have a PM

Jamie
Thanks jamie for the pm. Was in sask this weekend destroying the monster pike. lol. havent been able to read my messages. If we do plan a trip this year or next it will definetly be with you guys or serengetie for shure. just gonna be really busy this year with some filming with espn and facts of fishing, may even get fly nation down also and hopefully april vokey . keep our fingers crossed. lol.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:28 PM

i just picked up a 23 ft sea ox and am rigging it up. have an early trip up to rupert planned but also want to do a trip out to vancouver island. can you guys tell me a good place to stay in or around tofino for 2 or 3 couples and a few small kids? i was looking online and it looks like you have to morgage your first born to stay out there. or is there another town with great fishing like tofino that has stuff for the wifeys and kids to do while we are out on the water? had also thought of going to port hardy but not sure if there is much to do . cant wait to get the new boat wet.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:14 PM
AO Sponsor

Would love to have ya out here FG. Know you'd probably catch a monster hali or Chinook especially with your track record!

There's a bit for them to do out of Hardy bard, but depends on how many days stay and what kind of activities you're looking for...lots of outdoor stuff but not too much technology wise (modern kid stuff) etc.
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
AO Sponsor

Also...April Vokey I'll come visit when she's there...
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 01-27-2012, 02:34 PM

well plans have changed. girls don't want to come so we got 4 guys and 8 days to go anywhere on the coast.date is 3rd week in july. im open to suggestions. have an earlier trip to rupert planned for june and i hear the chinooks are starting to tail off by second week of july so was wanting to mabe try somewhere else. hardy? tofino? queen charrlottes? open to anywhere. what to do what to do? where is everyone else going that time of year? side note. when does the early reports come out to how the season should go. found some from the last few years and they came out about this time of year
Old 01-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardfromedson View Post
well plans have changed. girls don't want to come so we got 4 guys and 8 days to go anywhere on the coast.date is 3rd week in july. im open to suggestions. have an earlier trip to rupert planned for june and i hear the chinooks are starting to tail off by second week of july so was wanting to mabe try somewhere else. hardy? tofino? queen charrlottes? open to anywhere. what to do what to do? where is everyone else going that time of year? side note. when does the early reports come out to how the season should go. found some from the last few years and they came out about this time of year
Bard, those dates seem ok to me for fishing Chinooks. Will be more than a few Cohos around as well.

Jamie