Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default Otherwise known as

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppercarbide View Post
And that... is what is wrong with this province. That right there.

'BERDA!!!!
"The Alberta advantage"...
Old 03-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Banned

That is all you can add to this discussion? What is your problem with Alberta anyway? Why are you here if you feel that way about this province?

If anyone should be banned from this forum it is you.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I think that reply brings us back to the thread on eugenics, and why the province didn't do more to prevent the wide spread Delta Bravo effect we see going on here. Then again, I suspect a good bit of the Delta Bravo effect migrated in from other parts of this fine country. But carry on, I'm still hoping Karma gets around to bitch slapping those who dearly need it.
I love it ^^^^^

Dodger.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoPerchWrestling View Post
I'm in aww of posts I've read in the short time I have been here.How does asking for info on HID lights turn into name calling and childish behavior? Why would anyone write anything that wasn't a tip on a light choice ,after all he is obviously upgrading. Very combative forum.
It's pretty simple really. Most of us have experienced it. That Delta Bravo guy who has retina searing HID/LED lights, that aren't aimed properly, not in proper projector housing, not legal, coming at you and blinding the living hell out of you so you can't see the road or anything else going on, and ruining your night vision while you are just trying to get to work or home to your family. Or they are behind you in their jacked up truck, riding your bumper because you are going too slow if you aren't doing 25 kph over the speed limit, and again blinding the living hell out of you and endangering your life. So when people come on the forum and ask for advice on how to be That Guy, we tend to react a little because we hate That Guy with a burning passion, because he is ignorant and cares about no one but himself, and doesn't care if he endangers me, my wife, my kids, or you and your family. Does. Not. Give. A. Flying. Moment of Procreation. Zero respect, and more screw you attitude than Donald Trump. So you see this as combative? I see it as expressing the viewpoint of the driver who is constantly being abused by That Guy, in town, on the highway, everywhere. If you shine a laser light at a pilot trying to land, you can go to jail for it, but if you use illegal lights all the damn time, because you are an entitled Richard Noggin who loves to feel invincible, don't expect the rest of the driving public to celebrate your choice of eye killing Screw You lights. So that is my 'tip' for you. The childish behaviour is not those who responded in this thread, but those who feel that they have the right to abuse others for their own damn convenience. Hope that clears it up nicely. And please, PLEASE Karma, it's time to start squaring some of this up.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-03-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
Pure AO gold....we need a separate section for these.
Just you wait, I'm expecting a PM from a Mod any minute now explaining the terms of my vacation.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-03-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
It's pretty simple really. Most of us have experienced it. That Delta Bravo guy who has retina searing HID/LED lights, that aren't aimed properly, not in proper projector housing, not legal, coming at you and blinding the living hell out of you so you can't see the road or anything else going on, and ruining your night vision while you are just trying to get to work or home to your family. Or they are behind you in their jacked up truck, riding your bumper because you are going too slow if you aren't doing 25 kph over the speed limit, and again blinding the living hell out of you and endangering your life. So when people come on the forum and ask for advice on how to be That Guy, we tend to react a little because we hate That Guy with a burning passion, because he is ignorant and cares about no one but himself, and doesn't care if he endangers me, my wife, my kids, or you and your family. Does. Not. Give. A. Flying. Moment of Procreation. Zero respect, and more screw you attitude than Donald Trump. So you see this as combative? I see it as expressing the viewpoint of the driver who is constantly being abused by That Guy, in town, on the highway, everywhere. If you shine a laser light at a pilot trying to land, you can go to jail for it, but if you use illegal lights all the damn time, because you are an entitled Richard Noggin who loves to feel invincible, don't expect the rest of the driving public to celebrate your choice of eye killing Screw You lights. So that is my 'tip' for you. The childish behaviour is not those who responded in this thread, but those who feel that they have the right to abuse others for their own damn convenience. Hope that clears it up nicely. And please, PLEASE Karma, it's time to start squaring some of this up.
Simply beautiful.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow, thats quite the rant Twisted. It's obvious that you are passionate about this subject and have an enormous amount of pent up anger towards "those guys". If I were you I would take down the licence # of that guy who is "constantly abusing" you and report him to the proper authorities. Believe me, if you have a lic# and a legitamate complaint, they will look into it.
I would like to respond to your rant with 2 points...
... I am against banning things simply because some idiots abuse them. Are all the white headlights that I see on the roads and hwys illegal? Lights/lazers don't blind people, stupid people using them do.
... It's one thing to have a heated discussion or argument about something but my "tip" to you is try not to get too worked up. Your going to give yourself a heart attack. I'm serious, lifes too short.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Wow, thats quite the rant Twisted. It's obvious that you are passionate about this subject and have an enormous amount of pent up anger towards "those guys". If I were you I would take down the licence # of that guy who is "constantly abusing" you and report him to the proper authorities. Believe me, if you have a lic# and a legitamate complaint, they will look into it.
... I am against banning things simply because some idiots abuse them. Are all the white headlights that I see on the roads and hwys illegal? Lights/lazers don't blind people, stupid people using them do.
... It's one thing to have a heated discussion or argument about something but my "tip" to you is try not to get too worked up. Your going to give yourself a heart attack. I'm serious, lifes too short.
And exactly how in the hell do you get a license plate, when blinded by the oncoming A hole, with his dirty plate on the back of his vehicle that you will never see, or when he is behind you, plate on the back of his vehicle again that you will never and could not possibly see?.....your recommendation is so obviously impossible and pointless as to be ludicrous. As far as 'they' looking in to it? I've had so many tools stolen from my job sites on so many occasions and reported it, and not once has it ever been 'looked in to'....you are obviously not in touch with the realities of policing. I'm certainly not going to have a heart attack over it, but for certain I am seriously provoked by this, and I am certainly not the only one. If anything was done to curb this type of dangerous, ignorant and antisocial Delta Bravo behaviour, I'd be cool about it, but there is obviously no remedy as you suggest. Maybe we need to start a Chapter of Mothers Against Dirtbag Drivers? As far as banning things? These lights used in this manner are already illegal, they don't need to be banned, we just need enforcement for the safety of driving public. Kind of like getting drunk drivers off the road, or ticketing those who drive 40 over the limit in school zones....

I will refrain from 'ranting' further about the matter, and do my best to extend my life span as you so wisely recommend. But in my wicked heart, I wish for great pain and suffering to befall those insensitive, entitled, disrespectful Delta Bravos who endanger the well being of myself and family with their never ending quest to outshine and blind everyone else on the road. If it was up to me, vehicles would come with these as factory equipment to deal with light bars, HID and LED lights, and fog lamps that are designed to blind everyone else on the road. I'm sure I'd be using them on a regular basis. I'd happily mount them on my front and back bumper, so as to most effectively ameliorate the effect of those lights. And, as far as your comment about my 'enormous amount' of pent up anger....you can take your dime store psychology and stuff it in your HID projector.....

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 03-03-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:

Kind of hard to get a license plate when they are going the other way and even if we had 2 plates(back and front) cant see it because of blinding lights.

Point one- unfortunately it is more and more using them. If stock doesnt work on highway/roads maybe you/they shouldnt be driving.

The problem shouldnt be made out to be the ones not buying hid/led, but the ones that are buying and creating the problem!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
And exactly how in the hell do you get a license plate, when blinded by the oncoming A hole, with his dirty plate on the back of his vehicle that you will never see, or when he is behind you, plate on the back of his vehicle again that you will never and could not possibly see?.....your recommendation is so obviously impossible and pointless as to be ludicrous. As far as 'they' looking in to it? I've had so many tools stolen from my job sites on so many occasions and reported it, and not once has it ever been 'looked in to'....you are obviously not in touch with the realities of policing. I'm certainly not going to have a heart attack over it, but for certain I am seriously provoked by this, and I am certainly not the only one. If anything was done to curb this type of dangerous, ignorant and antisocial Delta Bravo behaviour, I'd be cool about it, but there is obviously no remedy as you suggest. Maybe we need to start a Chapter of Mothers Against Dirtbag Drivers? As far as banning things? These lights used in this manner are already illegal, they don't need to be banned, we just need enforcement for the safety of driving public. Kind of like getting drunk drivers off the road, or ticketing those who drive 40 over the limit in school zones....

I will refrain from 'ranting' further about the matter, and do my best to extend my life span as you so wisely recommend. But in my wicked heart, I wish for great pain and suffering to befall those insensitive, entitled, disrespectful Delta Bravos who endanger the well being of myself and family with their never ending quest to outshine and blind everyone else on the road. If it was up to me, vehicles would come with these as factory equipment to deal with light bars, HID and LED lights, and fog lamps that are designed to blind everyone else on the road. I'm sure I'd be using them on a regular basis. I'd happily mount them on my front and back bumper, so as to most effectively ameliorate the effect of those lights. And, as far as your comment about my 'enormous amount' of pent up anger....you can take your dime store psychology and stuff it in your HID projector.....

Guess it's my own fault. You should never argue or discuss things with fools and fanatics.
Good thing I run factory lights. Wouldn't want to be there when you have your breakdown and explode.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Got me all wrong ALL. I was just summing up all the negative replies this question has produced. The OP wants some better headlights to increase his safety while he's driving at night, and suddenly he's some kind of outlaw. Too funny.
Yep, I would defenitly instal better headlights on my truck, and wouldn't feel guilty about it for 1 second.
Understood. Do it, you will not regret it. Projectors can be had on flea-bay for about $200. They are not the high end projectors like on jags and BMW's but they work fine and have the all important cutoff shield
Old 03-03-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Guess it's my own fault. You should never argue or discuss things with fools and fanatics.
Good thing I run factory lights. Wouldn't want to be there when you have your breakdown and explode.
Fools and Fanatics...? That's funny. Don't worry about me exploding, I'm a mature adult.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Banned

All kidding aside people, could someone please answer me a simple question? Are these bright lights really illegal to own? I see more and more of them all the time, and of course they annoy me at times, but c'mon now, are they really ILLEGAL?? I find it hard to believe that just about every 10th vehicle out there is flaunting the law so conspicuously. Even semi trailer trucks are running them now and I know they get inspected regularrly. I see them pulling into weigh stns. all the time. You would think the authorities there would notice those lights. I also notice them more and more on new vehicles. I always thought they were factory installed.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
All kidding aside people, could someone please answer me a simple question? Are these bright lights really illegal to own? I see more and more of them all the time, and of course they annoy me at times, but c'mon now, are they really ILLEGAL?? I find it hard to believe that just about every 10th vehicle out there is flaunting the law so conspicuously. Even semi trailer trucks are running them now and I know they get inspected regularrly. I see them pulling into weigh stns. all the time. You would think the authorities there would notice those lights. I also notice them more and more on new vehicles. I always thought they were factory installed.
As per the Alberta Highway Traffic Act:

Section 5 AR 122/2009
VEHICLE EQUIPMENT REGULATION
(g) SAE Standard J581 applies to driving lamps marked
SAE Y.
(2) A lamp on a vehicle, wherever it is located,
(a) must comply with the appropriate standard under the
Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada) on the date it is
incorporated in or attached to the vehicle, or
(b) must comply with the SAE standard applicable on the date
on which the motor vehicle is manufactured.
(3) A lamp or replacement lamp on a vehicle complies with this
section if it
(a) meets the manufacturer’s specification for the vehicle it is
incorporated in or attached to, or
(b) has a mark or label on it that indicates in words or
symbols that the appropriate standard has been met.
(4) A person shall not drive or operate a vehicle that has a lamp
unless the lamp is required or allowed by this Regulation or another
regulation under the Act.

If the lamp doesn't have the proper certification and meet manufacturer's specifications, it isn't legal. Many of the lights being installed do not meet this requirement, and even 'legal' lights are required to be installed and aimed properly.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Back in my day we ran steel tires, wooden wheels greased with bear fat every trip, and single flame reflective lamps. At 6 mph we were hungry, cold and miserable and we liked it fine that way!

Then some yahoo in town bought a horseless carriage... Don't even get me started on incandescent lamps.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 03-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Banned

Well guys, I can see where enforcing the headlight reg. would be a huge problem.
However, I am going to share a little practicle tip that I have been doing for years and if you want to do something similar then have at'er. I am the fellow that always cruises on the hwy. at the speed limit or a few klicks under. Yep, I'm the guy that just about everybody ends up passing, so I'm used to headlights in my mirrors.
I have a small piece of corrugated plastic under the passenger visor that is cut to fit the countour of the drivers door/window. At night/early morning i slide that "visor" in place so that my side mirror is blocked. I don't do it in the city, but on the Henday or hwy. it does not affect my ability to know when someone is approaching in my blind spot. If I have to enter the left lane I know that well ahead of time and by simple pulling my head back a couple inches and I can see my mirror. Best of all, when someone comes up behind me or follows me for a long time I don't have his headlights in my side mirror (rear mirror is of course in nighttime mode). This makes driving at night so much more relaxing. Added bonus is that when sun comes up on the way to Calgary I can slide my personal visor into position to block sun from bothering me. Try it before you knock it. Completly safe and relaxing.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Banned

mommy the lights are in my eyes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby_crying_closeup.jpg (5.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-03-2016, 08:30 PM

No worse than the clown with an overloaded pickup, 45 degree angle to the sky and driving with the high beams on for no apparent reason.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you Delta Bravo, your opinion has been noted and filed. You are That Guy, and your post count is coming right along. Karma will be along shortly to book an a life changing appointment with you. Hopefully.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Now that right there is damn funny.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you Delta Bravo, your opinion has been noted and filed. You are That Guy, and your post count is coming right along. Karma will be along shortly to book an a life changing appointment with you. Hopefully.
Hey guys we have the same problem in B.C. but it will never be solved until the fine for illeagal lights is the same as it is for speeding in B.C we call it revenue generating crime 190.00 fine for speeding no fine and a take those lights off with no fine who do you think they are going to pull over. I think we should all pack a ball pein hammer and walk thru our hotel parking lots and smash every LED light bar we see.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
That about separates the men from the whiners.
Well played SPW.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
And Karma may some day b slap you and say "suck it up princess".
Old 03-03-2016, 10:03 PM

I can't wait for the cops to start enforcing and handing out fines. I've wrote letters to several MLA's about this.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 PM

Other popular purchases by guys who bought HID conversions:

Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
And Karma may some day b slap you and say "suck it up princess".
Does that mean I'll have to drive a big Ram truck with a light bar and wear white oakleys with my hat on backwards and a Metal Mullisha sticker in the window?

I'm curious when being ignorant on a daily basis, in the real world, became a virtue? In the internet world, I think it's always been that way so we won't go there.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Does that mean I'll have to drive a big Ram truck with a light bar and wear white oakleys with my hat on backwards and a Metal Mullisha sticker in the window?

I'm curious when being ignorant on a daily basis, in the real world, became a virtue? In the internet world, I think it's always been that way so we won't go there.
If your ready for a full size truck, go for it.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:11 PM

God forbid someone has high-capacity assault headlights
Old 03-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellero View Post
I can't wait for the cops to start enforcing and handing out fines. I've wrote letters to several MLA's about this.
Really,who has time to whine about lights and write an MLA?
WWW.WHINEROUTDOORS.COM

Don't sportsman go sporting?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:53 PM

Sign the petition

https://www.change.org/p/rcmp-ban-th...hts-fog-lights
Closed Thread