Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
It seems to me that the large majority of people who are for vaccines want everyone to get vaccinated and those who aren't don't care if others do or not, they just don't want the shot themselves. The irony is if you get the shot, and it works as intended, why do you care if I get sick or not? Isn't it basically admitting that the shot doesn't work and the only way not to get sick is to have zero contact with someone who is?

Think you are slightly incorrect. Those that are for vaccines couldn't care what anyone else does, but do not want their children exposed to those of anti-vaccers! It is the individual choice but the global health is important aspect to consider. Sure it's their right not to have their children vaccinated but what if... Why should their choice possibly effect those of others. It doesn't go both ways.

Those vaccinated pose no risk to those that aren't! But vise versa.... Possible exposure is there

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 03-30-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
you are vaccinated for a certain disease which is why people still get the flu after a flu shot.

flus rapidly mutate and change so you could have been given a vaccine for a different strain.

that's not to say the vaccine didn't work it was just for a different strain.
Thats one way to look at it. Another way is that buddy gets the flu shot and still gets the flu, try telling him how the vaccine worked.

What does it imply when people get the measles shot and still get measles, or the chicken pox shot and still get the chicken pox?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
You sure about that rugatika? A CTV article:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canadia...toll-1.2249491

Indicated "330,000 MMR doses given in Ontario last year, there were just 49 reports of side-effects" most mild, and "between 2000 and 2011, Canada recorded five deaths from the disease."

Just seems odd that with 330k doses given and 49 reported side effects, tripling the number of doses wouldn't possibly increase the severity of side effects in more than one person. Also, with 1 in 500 chances and five deaths, that would indicate 25,000 cases of measles in the 2000's, a number that seems really high to me.
Its science, so there is no comparative table if no vaccination was given. Wonder who would volunteer on the "no vaccination" side of it.

I just find this ironic. People on third world would move heaven and earth to be vaccinated as it will cost them more If they get infected.The medical cost if they get infected, can either be the entire livelihood of the family.People on the first word question vaccination but they also have free health care.

I always go with "Prevention is better than cure"

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...-20048334?pg=1

And no its not Wikipedia either
Old 03-30-2016, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thats one way to look at it. Another way is that buddy gets the flu shot and still gets the flu, try telling him how the vaccine worked.
the "flu" is not a disease but rather a grouping. kind of like trout; not everything is a rainbow trout
Old 03-30-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
So why are vaccinated kids still getting sick? Vaccinated does not mean immune.

I am immune to chicken pox, measles, mumps etc cause i've had it all. I've had to take care of kids that were sick with these childhood diseases when the "vaccinated" parents were told to take precautions and leave the home. What does that tell you?

I don't know what's right or wrong when it comes to vaccinations. I'm not taking sides here, just questioning.
To me, it's the simple fact that some people simply cannot fight as well as others. Even with vaccination, they can still get sick. Without the vaccination - how many would die? What I do know, is that the epidemics that happen, happen in places where there's no vaccinations - third world countries, or in the case of North America - groups that don't believe in vaccinations - like the Amish group in Ohio a couple years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
I'll take my natural immune system and if for some reason it fails, I have no one to blame but myself.
And there's the issue. What about all the folks that you spread it to that are impacted - do they get to blame you? To what end? Again, just because you aren't showing symptoms, does not mean that you are not infected, and infecting others. It's about protecting others as much as it is about protecting yourself!

Cheers
Old 03-30-2016, 01:54 PM

Ugh
Old 03-30-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorot View Post
Its science, so there is no comparative table if no vaccination was given. Wonder who would volunteer on the "no vaccination" side of it.
I just find this ironic. People on third world would move heaven and earth to be vaccinated as it will cost them more If they get infected.The medical cost if they get infected, can either be the entire livelihood of the family.People on the first word question vaccination but they also have free health care.

I always go with "Prevention is better than cure"

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...-20048334?pg=1

And no its not Wikipedia either
worth repeating .. good stuff
Old 03-30-2016, 02:02 PM

http://youtu.be/B_hCLWtEHL8
Old 03-30-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
the chemical was mercury and it was a preservative(?)

it hasn't been in vaccines in canada since like 2000. so about 16 years assuming i have my dates right
Old 03-30-2016, 02:24 PM

more public , social media hype ..WHO cares what he says ..get real and get a life ..get vaccinated or keep your problems at home ....
Old 03-30-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
more public , social media hype ..WHO cares what he says ..get real and get a life ..get vaccinated or keep your problems at home ....
You obviously don't get what he's saying. Read his first sentence again
Old 03-30-2016, 02:29 PM

If people don't want to get their kids vaccinated that's cool by me. That child though is a Canadian citizen and if in the event the child gets sick, the parents should be criminally charged with endangering their child. If that child that does not get vaccinated infect a person who has been vaccinated (it happens vaccinations are not 100%) they should be criminally, and financially responsible as well. I also have a big issue with the Medicare costs of treating a person who or their parents have chose not to vaccinate and they end up getting sick.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Huntnfish View Post
You obviously don't get what he's saying. Read his first sentence again
YOU read it again ..that's what starts social media BS ..... some big movie star ..
Old 03-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
If people don't want to get their kids vaccinated that's cool by me. That child though is a Canadian citizen and if in the event the child gets sick, the parents should be criminally charged with endangering their child. If that child that does not get vaccinated infect a person who has been vaccinated (it happens vaccinations are not 100%) they should be criminally, and financially responsible as well. I also have a big issue with the Medicare costs of treating a person who or their parents have chose not to vaccinate and they end up getting sick.
if people actually wanted to take responsibility for their decisions that would be the case.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Yep, from what I understand...in order to make enough flu vaccine they have to start producing the vaccine well before the flu season gets going. Sometimes they predict close enough, and sometimes they don't.
Pretty much. One issue is the virus will mutate once enough generations are exposed to said vaccine. That is why a new flu shot for example is needed every year it seems. Health professionals look at what people are becoming sick of and adapt to that strain, the vaccine is made and it becomes the new headline of the year.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
If people don't want to bubble wrap their kids that's cool by me. That child though is a Canadian citizen and if in the event the child gets hurt, the parents should be criminally charged with endangering their child. If that child is not bubble wrapped and a person who is bubble wrapped gets hurt (it happens, bubble wrap is not 100%) they should be criminally, and financially responsible as well. I also have a big issue with the Medicare costs of treating a person who or their parents have chose not to bubble wrap and they end up getting hurt.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Gone Hunting

If a person doesn't want to vaccinate their kids, that is their choice. With choices comes responsibility...if your child gets ill, it's on your plate, not the systems. Anybody ever think it's weird that you can't take your dog to a kennel when you're going on vacation unless it's shots are up to date, but the anti-vaccine crowd thinks it's their "right" to send their kids to school and other public areas? We are in a screwed up society....
Old 03-30-2016, 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=hal53;3188078]If a person doesn't want to vaccinate their kids, that is their choice. With choices comes responsibility...if your child gets ill, it's on your plate, not the systems. Anybody ever think it's weird that you can't take your dog to a kennel when you're going on vacation unless it's shots are up to date, but the anti-vaccine crowd thinks it's their "right" to send their kids to school and other public areas? We are in a screwed up society....[/QUOTE]

no chit
Old 03-30-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
To me, it's the simple fact that some people simply cannot fight as well as others......

Cheers
x2

People react differently to everything, vaccines included..

When I get the flu and that is a rare thing I usually just feel like crap and get the runs. My brother on the other hand is half dead with high fever..

My wife had chicken pox as a kid, she also got shingles when she was 21... It's just the law of nature some people have better immune system then other.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocyte View Post
Depends on which strains they are protected against. It is not a case of shot = protection against all. Viruses are incredibly sophisticated when it comes to mutations. Medicine can try their best to create vaccinations against the most recent troublesome strain but it is a constant battle.

I am pro-vaccine. If you choose not to vaccinate your child fine, but do not be surprised when other parents show their disapproval. I do believe a child should build their immunity by being outdoors getting dirty and such but things are different now and I do believe additional protection is warranted via vaccinations.
I agree with you.
Moreover people don't realize the reality behind vaccines, you're being injected with just a dead "shell". People say they get sick after recieving a vaccine and blame it on the vaccine.. Maybe it's due to people who are already infected exposing the virus to others at the clinic. Something to think about on such a controversial subject (which is shouldn't be).
Old 03-30-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercreek View Post
Generation Rescue is a nonprofit organization that advocates the incorrect view that autism and related disorders are primarily caused by environmental factors, particularly vaccines.

Founder: Jenny McCarthy - Noted scientist and immunuologist
My wife keeps bugging me to get a flu shot. I tell her no Fn way, they cause Autism.

Grizz
Old 03-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Banned

I am thankful that when I was young there was no such thing as the internet and parents used common sense to ensure the health of their children by having them vaccinated.
Now we use the internet and the advice of experts like Jenny Mccarthy and Robert DeNiro to ensure the health of our children.
I still remember as a kid having friends and teachers with polio, etc nowadays nothing.
But with the internet and the knowledge of these experts we can be assured that it will make a come back and be worse because of the way we of how we house our kids in daycare etc.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:18 PM

Our kids haven't had any shots. 13 and 9, had measles and chicken pox. Still alive and well...
Old 03-30-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K View Post
Our kids haven't had any shots. 13 and 9, had measles and chicken pox. Still alive and well...
But are the people they exposed to the disease ?

Grizz
Old 03-30-2016, 05:07 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I get whatever is required to travel the globe.
Don't want a freak thing happening that I could have prevented.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-30-2016, 05:12 PM

Default Naysayer

Know what if this naysayer would have volunteer during outbreak of the ebola, SARS .... this would have been the end of this discussion. Any takers
Old 03-30-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
I am pro-Vaccine but do think kids are given to big of doses in a short time frame. Autism rates are exploding, vaccines or not something needs to be done. Canada and the USA gives the most Vaccines in the world to kids under the age of 6, upwards of 30 different vaccines and has the highest rates of Autism in the world. We also don't fair that well in infant mortality compared to a lot of first world countries that give half the vaccines we do.
Japan at one time maybe still banned the MMR vaccine as Autism rates really increased after they were introduced.

http://www.rescuepost.com/files/gr-a...al_report1.pdf
There is no connection to vaccinations and autism. Just a false study that itself was proven to be faked and false.

People hear it and believe it is true without researching the facts.

In turn they go on blogs and spread the disease of ignorance.

Vaccinations save lives. They are necessary and a huge medical advancement that without it would be a scary world.

Who wants polio?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-30-2016, 05:26 PM

My flu shot last year turned me into a newt! (I got better.)
Old 03-30-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
I'll take my natural immune system and if for some reason it fails, I have no one to blame but myself.
Flu vaccines are not a choice. Polio, measles etc is a potential choice to potentially kill someone else.

Some people have a legitimate reason why they can't be vaccinated.

Their only hope is those around them don't catch it and expose them. If a percentage don't vaccinate then the exposure risk becomes deadly.

You coming salmon fishing this year?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 03-30-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownguy View Post
My flu shot last year turned me into a newt! (I got better.)
oh Monty....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone