Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post

I wonder who the boss at Sunnysite would vote for to be leader.
What is Sunnysite and who is there boss?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Banned

His plan from the beginng with help from Kline by appointing him as successer , was to just sit in the house till he has enough years to collect the huge pension they pay themselves , amen.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:07 PM

Morton
Dining
Redford
Blackett

All considering running.
There is talk tonight Ed was pushed out.

Even talk to get WRP to merge with the Tories and Daniel run the whole shebang
Old 01-25-2011, 11:14 PM

Default Na na ,,na na Good bye eh hey eh

Good riddance and take Morton with him, they have done more harm to Alberta then anyone in the past twenty years before them!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
That's the first thing I thought...this was not his decision. His replacement and everything leading up to the next election will be carefully orchestrated by the PC power brokers and puppet masters.

Quote:
They are scared....very, very scared!

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 01-26-2011, 12:07 AM

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1882290/
Old 01-26-2011, 01:18 AM

As barrack obamah is learning stateside......no one man is bigger than the machine.

I always found it interesting how both Eddie and stephane dion's paths mirrored each other. Both winning their leaderships on the same day. Both being the third place choice coming up the middle and both being totally inept at their unexpected positions. Musta been a full moon that weekend.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkmakemecrazy View Post
In my opinion the Conservative party, in my lifetime at least, will always be in power. I know Minister Morton finished third in the last leadership race and I heard he is not fairing so well in some online poll, but he will be the next Premiere even after an election. Morton has the best handlers money can buy and his machine will push him and the Conservatives to another huge majority.

In the last election the WRA was supposed to become a "strong" opposition voice and look what happened. They won 1 seat and were not even an official party after the election. I say we just give him a chance and I think all Albertans will be happy.

As far as Morton not being outdoorsmen friendly. Really? As SRD Minister he did more for outdoorsmen than the 5 previous ministers combined.
If you think the WRA is not going to be serious competition for the PCs, you are dreaming. The WRA was in it's infancy during the last election. Not so for the next one.
Premier Stelmach would not be stepping down if there wasn't serious fear about the next election.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 AM

Now I'm curious to know if this internal rift will cause some PC MLA's to jump ship?

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
In my opinion the Conservative party, in my lifetime at least, will always be in power. I know Minister Morton finished third in the last leadership race and I heard he is not fairing so well in some online poll, but he will be the next Premiere even after an election. Morton has the best handlers money can buy and his machine will push him and the Conservatives to another huge majority.

In the last election the WRA was supposed to become a "strong" opposition voice and look what happened. They won 1 seat and were not even an official party after the election. I say we just give him a chance and I think all Albertans will be happy.

As far as Morton not being outdoorsmen friendly. Really? As SRD Minister he did more for outdoorsmen than the 5 previous ministers combined.
You must be one of those guys that thinks Sunday hunting and the Hunting Heritage Act (which wasn't Mortin's idea) outweighed selling out our true hunting heritage that was based on wildlife being a public trust and too valueable to be placed under control of private ownership payable to the highest bidder and excluded from the general public. That was mortin's carrot to landowners before he screwed them with LUF legislation. That's politics!!!

As for Sunnysite its a colony down south and the boss is the field boss who has a very interesting story about a recent SRD minister and a UofC prof. I'm sure if you ever find yourself down that way he'd be more than happy to tell you.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
Morton
Dining
Redford
Blackett

All considering running.

Not surprising back room dealing is how this province works. Power is the most important thing to these clowns nothing else.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
He sure did. Morton tried to privitize game tags and introduce paid access. He reduced funding for enforcement of the wildlife act. He had a hand in drafting the new proposed Parks Act, a bill which will give ministers absolute power to sell our parks without legislative or public consultation. And his greatest coup, he succeeded in taking away private land rights.

Crazy elk, Is Morton threatening to take away your home and land without compensation?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Morning Ted.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 AM

Regarding Iron Brew's link. Fisrt thanks for putting it up. I think the final line where Danielle Smith dismisses the idea of her leading the Cons is right on the mark. I think that rumours of her joining the PCs and rumours of Ted Mortin joining the WRA are baseless. I think the WR would love to see the PCs fly apart at the seems and that would open up all kinds of opportunities for them and have a lot of pc rats jump ship over to their party which is what has already happened to a few upset PCers. THey want to build a party out of the ashes of the PCs - not take them over.
According to the article it looks like Steady Eddie stole Mortin's thunder by resigning first. Only in politics could that work - I will trump my chief rival by resigning before he gets a chance to resign. Really a shame how it played out. I would have preferred to see the Eddie can Mortin and watch the party fly to pieces. still it should be interesting.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM

lord help all us hunters and others
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

You guys are dreaming if you think WRA will make up the next government. I would be very surprised if they even got 10 seats.

Alberta is and always will be a Conservative party province and I think Minister Morton is the person who will be leading that party come the next election.

Come election night Premier Morton will be smiling as he enjoys a nice glass of port with his supports and Mrs. Smith will be sitting around wondering what went wrong.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Alberta is and always will be a Conservative party province
That is true, when the conservatives, were conservatives. They look more like liberals masquerading around as conservatives right now.

And I've got to disagree with the 10 seats comment. People are fed up with these clowns that call them conservatives and we finally have a viable alternative.

If you're so confident in a landslide victory for the cons, when don't you tell the big boys to call an election right now? Being such a staunch supporter you must have some pull with the powers that be. Or do you live in a constituency like mine where the con MLA won't return your calls or meet with you because he's got his head so far stuck in the sand that he can't pull it out?

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Looks like Ted got his way. His budget is passed now. Ed steps down after there was contention over the budget. Ted squashes any rumours that he was going to step down over the long delayed contentious budget. I can't wait to see what cuts are in the budget. We need fresh leadership and I believe that Ted and the rest of the cabinet are past their best before date.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:48 AM

Highest paid premier in Canada ,Eddy is walking away with a cool $968,000,,and leaving this provence in shambles .The price where gone to pay for that .PST is next''
Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Highest paid premier in Canada ,Eddy is walking away with a cool $968,000,,and leaving this provence in shambles .The price where gone to pay for that .PST is next''
Who cares if he is the highest paid premier in Canada, he should be, we are the richest province in Canada, geez there is some small business owners that can make a million bucks. The province in shambles??, I don't see all that much change over the last few years, sure there was a world recession and a drop in natural gas prices, but how is that the Premiers fault.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
Who cares if he is the highest paid premier in Canada, he should be, we are the richest province in Canada, geez there is some small business owners that can make a million bucks. The province in shambles??, I don't see all that much change over the last few years, sure there was a world recession and a drop in natural gas prices, but how is that the Premiers fault.
Bills 36 and 50 are his fault though.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
Bills 36 and 50 are his fault though.
True enough, the wording in those bills need to be tweaked a bit.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
True enough, the wording in those bills need to be tweaked a bit.
I'd rather see them repealed all together. That legislation is scary.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-27-2011, 12:02 PM

Small business is way over regulated,,to many rules ,,next thing one well have to fart in a bottle.I was going to start up a auto body shop' that as all changed just not worth the headacks ...I no of 4 auto body shops that shut down last year. Alberta was the riches provence.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Default Latest sign of the armaggedon

Just heard that Ted turned in his resignation and will seek the leadership of the party. He also encouraged the others in the cabinet to also resign if they wanted to enter the race. That guy makes me sick. I think it is Mortin that is to be blamed for the land bill.
I'm sure the oil guys will be happy, as I am sure he will try to change the royalty review back to the way it was so he can get the big money support from the patch.
Danielle Smith said the other day that since he finished third the last go around that the PC's have already rejected him. I guess we will see.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 PM

Default Morton steps down.

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/calgary...entid=27437295

This guy makes my skin crawl.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM

Isn't he an american?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Owlseye View Post
Isn't he an american?
I don't know where he was from. Obviously he's a Canadian now to be able to hold office. Either way idiots come from all over, and he happens to fall into that category.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Owlseye View Post
Isn't he an american?
POS isn't even Canadian let alone Albertan!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Morton
Old 01-27-2011, 05:01 PM

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1885320/