Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2022, 03:07 PM

Yah you nailed it Bat . We had 130 yds passing . If the D and special teams never stepped up again would of been a sad loss.
The one interception Jesus thru was just another head shaker.
Four beatings coming up.........
Old 08-22-2022, 08:38 AM

Well as anticipated BC pounded the lifeless Riders. But at a cost , Rourke needing foot surgery. Hope he is back before end of season as he makes any game entertaining.
Fjardo not getting much help from O Line... but he's a wash , making $509,000 this year, What a joke.
Rob Vanstone who covers the Riders for Leader Post, regarding the Grey Cup in Regina , "Forget about the Riders representing the West unless there is a pie eating contest "
Yup
Old 08-22-2022, 09:01 AM

No cup for you! --CFL soup Nazi

Cody's days are numbered finally, the latest is he has PSTD from hits with no protection ? He should have been benched 3 games ago when his knee was injured the decision to go with a wounded QB was a bad one.

Like back in the 80's "it's a rebuilding year"
Old 08-22-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Like back in the 80's "it's a rebuilding year"
Hahahahaha. No kidding. Game one of the season, first drive of the season; “oh well, maybe next year!!!”

The 90s were like that too.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:37 AM

Riders are done for the year. Maybe can squeak out a crossover playoff game and one and done. Fajardo is a lame duck and should be on the 6 game. No confidence in the backup QB’s. Duke Williams out 2-3 weeks but he’s been pretty invisible this year. The RB Morrow is out 6-8 weeks. Not that it really matters as Mass never used him anyways. He was getting almost 6yds/carry last week. I think he touched the ball 6x. It’s a shame really. Hosting the Grey Cup and basically out of it in August. Need a new QB, a new OC, a new O-Line. Maybe a new HC and possibly a new GM.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:41 AM

Trouble has been brewing for a while and more and more fans have been losing faith as the weeks go by. I think too many were complacent while Fajardo was winning ugly and unwilling to acknowledge that there were some obvious issues. I've heard far too many times that "he just wins games". Dude has so many apologists. It's the receivers, it's his knee, it's Maas, it's the o-line. Excuse after excuse. There was definitely a mass exodus from the Fajardo bandwagon this week though.

I'm not going to say that there aren't issues with Maas, or the o-line. But any problems that exists are being exasperated by a quarterback who can't read a defence, has a noodle for an arm, locks onto his first read and starts running aimlessly in circles like a scared puppy when he sees pressure coming. He's only comfortable throwing the ball into the flat, anything else is an adventure. Not a $500k quarterback. Not even close. It is unfortunate that the offence is so inept because the special teams are decent and the defence is plenty solid.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:25 PM

By the responses on this thread, I picked a good weekend to be busy helping silage.
Old 08-22-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Trouble has been brewing for a while and more and more fans have been losing faith as the weeks go by. I think too many were complacent while Fajardo was winning ugly and unwilling to acknowledge that there were some obvious issues. I've heard far too many times that "he just wins games". Dude has so many apologists. It's the receivers, it's his knee, it's Maas, it's the o-line. Excuse after excuse. There was definitely a mass exodus from the Fajardo bandwagon this week though.

I'm not going to say that there aren't issues with Maas, or the o-line. But any problems that exists are being exasperated by a quarterback who can't read a defence, has a noodle for an arm, locks onto his first read and starts running aimlessly in circles like a scared puppy when he sees pressure coming. He's only comfortable throwing the ball into the flat, anything else is an adventure. Not a $500k quarterback. Not even close. It is unfortunate that the offence is so inept because the special teams are decent and the defence is plenty solid.
Yeah we said the same thing about Collaros, Burris…..
Old 08-22-2022, 02:43 PM

Another indication the Rider faithful are losing confidence is the labour day game is not sold out first time as long as I can remember
Old 08-22-2022, 04:45 PM

The Rider's problems start at the top in President Craig Reynolds and GM Jeremy O'Day, period.

The best Sask can hope for is a crossover spot and some playoff magic. I'm envisioning an ESF loss to Mtl, Ham or Toronto. Offence is High School level at best right now. Dark times. //S//
Old 08-24-2022, 12:40 PM

As most probably suspected Lions QB Rourke is done for the season. Something in foot called "Lisfranc ligament" requiring surgery then no weight on it for 6-8 weeks ..then he starts re-hab.
Not sure how good the new starter Michael O'Conner is ?
C'mon Riders it ain't over till it's over , maybe you can do some magic in the West now. And maybe pigs can fly.
Old 08-27-2022, 07:34 AM

Riders played a better game, Cody getting benched last week must have flipped a switch he threw over 300 yards pretty good considering he was sacked 7 times. A win is a win next week will be the real test
Old 08-27-2022, 02:28 PM

My weekend CFL highlight was watching Argos DB Eric Sutton junk punch Ti-Cat receiver Kiondre Smith after a punt return
Old 08-27-2022, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
My weekend CFL highlight was watching Argos DB Eric Sutton junk punch Ti-Cat receiver Kiondre Smith after a punt return
Mine was hearing Edmonton has lost 13 straight at home, going back to October 2019. Two more and they set a record, here's hoping!
Old 08-28-2022, 07:39 AM

Good win for the Riders .
A few good plays for the EE's, but they needed quite a few more.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:48 AM

Impressed with Frankie Hickson that is filling in for injured Jamal Morrow , he is a tough tackle , got good wheels.
Big test on Labour day.
** NFL teams have to finalize their 53 man roster by Aug 30th so be a few boys heading North. Riders could use a few gorillas for O line.

Last edited by Ackleyman; 08-29-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Impressed with Frankie Hickson that is filling in for injured Jamal Morrow , he is a tough tackle , got good wheels.
Big test on Labour day.
** NFL teams have to finalize their 53 man roster by Aug 30th so be a few boys heading North. Riders could use a few gorillas for O line.
In the next 2 days, 864 players will be cut in the NFL. With expanded practice rosters, 512 of those will end up on NFL teams. Leaves 352 guys looking for employment. Is there enough incentive to come up to Canada to play less than 1/2 a season on a pro-rated contract in Canadian dollars? I don’t think there will be too many emergency guys headed north unless Canada is home. I agree the Riders need some O-Line help bad but I’m thinking who they have is who they have.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:40 AM

Riders sign American Quarterback Levi Lewis.
Lewis was signed by Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent following the 2022 NFL draft and attended rookie camp with the team.
He spent five seasons at University of Louisiana-Lafayette leaving with a 35-7 record and leader in passing TD's. He is only 5' 10" ....but so was Ronny Lancaster.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Riders sign American Quarterback Levi Lewis.
Lewis was signed by Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent following the 2022 NFL draft and attended rookie camp with the team.
He spent five seasons at University of Louisiana-Lafayette leaving with a 35-7 record and leader in passing TD's. He is only 5' 10" ....but so was Ronny Lancaster.
Good to hear we could use some fresh blood as QB,
When Lancaster started my Dad said he needed to stand on an apple box to throw a pass, Ronny proved him wrong
Old 09-07-2022, 09:21 AM

Well they say the CFL season starts on labor day. Most teams usually have it somewhat together by then.

Riders headed to sold out IG Stadium in Winnipeg for the Banjo Bowl. 35,000 Rider hating fans. It took everything in my power not to throw a beer can at flat screen last game. Ughhh . I could swallow a loss if it guaranteed Mickey Mass gets punted.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Most I could swallow a loss if it guaranteed Mickey Mass gets punted.
1st and 5 on the 28 yard line, down two points, 2 mins. left let's throw the ball?

The first 57 minutes was a great game Winnipeg didn't win the game we lost it
Old 09-07-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
1st and 5 on the 28 yard line, down two points, 2 mins. left let's throw the ball?

The first 57 minutes was a great game Winnipeg didn't win the game we lost it
Hey, when Mass coached Eskimos, he kicked a field goal when we needed a touch-down in a West Final. He called the play based on his experience as a HC/OC.

BW
Old 09-07-2022, 05:44 PM

Some team from the west is heading east.
BC and Winnepeg are looking good.
Calgary and Saskatchewan both have as good or better record than any body in the east.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Some team from the west is heading east.
BC and Winnepeg are looking good.
Calgary and Saskatchewan both have as good or better record than any body in the east.
Hopefully, you mean the ELKS !!
Old 09-10-2022, 09:36 PM

Edmonton ties the record for consecutive home losses in the CFL. One more Baby!

Another note I found interesting, Calgary has put up more points at Commonwealth this year than Edmonton has. Ouch!
Old 09-11-2022, 12:01 AM

Well that sucked.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:06 PM

I think I’d have to go back to the 90s to see the riders play this poorly. Pathetic.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:08 PM

Just pathetic.
Old 09-17-2022, 08:31 AM

Not easy being green
They finally reached some consistency everybody played terrible...what a mess a couple more sacks they could have beat the record, most quarterback sacks by one team in one game is 10
Old 09-17-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Not easy being green
They finally reached some consistency everybody played terrible...what a mess a couple more sacks they could have beat the record, most quarterback sacks by one team in one game is 10
This was the third time this season sask allowed fajardo to be sacked 8 times. That entire o-line should be released today. Probably half of those sacks were on 3 man pressure.