Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I don't know why you'd hunt deer on a road allowance with private property on both sides that you don't have permission for. Hunting grouse I could see but not deer.
Finally someone that makes sense! That's reasonable access I would say. I would allow that. Well said
Old 12-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteysonly View Post
Ahhh No 100% wrong WTF are fish and wildlife going to do on private land if I choose to not let you on my land so be it that's my land see the problem is city guys think they can do what ever they want in the country if someone were to trespass on my posted land which they have I send out my 2 german shepherds and they will bring back a trophy for me the arm from your hunting jacket. It's attitudes like yours that's the problem
Huh kind of a rude post just stating my opinion.Also just so you know I grew up in the country and still live in the country my whole life and yes I do feel some people's frustration with the whole thing just some people take it to far.if you have a problemm with someone on a road allowance by your house do yourself a favour and go talk to them like a friend tell them you would rather them not be there and if they are going to use it to use consideration instead of being rude and screaming in there face and telling them they have no right to be there
Old 12-04-2011, 06:07 PM

I would bet .. 90 percent of AO members on this forum would LOVE to hunt this powerline.. Up north.. UNBELIVABLE BUCKS!! ..gotta know how to bring em outta the field And bush..(luck helps!) ..5 day hard hunt ..might spend 1 day there the rest chasin cutblock bucks..ALLWAYS see n get HUGE bucks not far from my house.. On a 66 ft powerline!! Check Bdarlings profile deer..183ish .. Seen Way bigger buck than his on that line ..spun n gone.. People don't judge
Old 12-04-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
It would be Illegal for a Land owner to TAG an Animal to which they did not shoot with out gaining permission from F&W.
Also this is not true.If I'm walking through the woods on crown land and find a dead deer I can legally put my tag instead of going to get a permit not to say you would have a reason to put your tag on a deer that you didn't shoot but a landowner may
Old 12-04-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Finally someone that makes sense! That's reasonable access I would say. I would allow that. Well said
Grow up!! Sick dogs on people!! They Might get my sleeve..you're gonna be out to stupid mutts!!...YOU ARE FROM SOUTH ALTA..!!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:35 PM

I thought it was illegal to shoot along or across a road, does this not apply to road allowances?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I thought it was illegal to shoot along or across a road, does this not apply to road allowances?
You might want to read up on the regulations,as this would not be considered a road that the regulation applies to. It doesn't apply to all roads. And a person hunting game birds with a shotgun is exempt.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Banned

Hey I farmed but , Just out of curiosity , IF the deer had no monetary value or impressive racks , would there be such a discussion going on? 40 years ago you could hunt almost anywhere , NOW because everyone wants a large trophy , there suddenly comes a problem of trespassing etc. Doesnt seem to bother owners that oil leases get developed on their land! The damage inflicted by a half ton pickup or the bootprints of a human does not compare to an invasion of oilfield equipment , not to mention the noise and pollution !Could it be because of the money? YEAH I think so!:So is there a legitimate reason to deny access to owned property?
One would have to say affirmative ,There are those who hunt that would vandalize and destroy , BUT consider this mr landowner , when you go to town , are some of these same deniers of access guilty of the same ? You darned tootin buckshot, like pi--ing in the street, driving their heavy duty Rams with loud mufflers through neighborhoods with a belly full of beer, or their sons , Think about this for a second!What exactly would you do at two in the am IF some city slicker roared down your driveway pulling powerturns by your house , have I hit a nerve yet?
On the average most landowners are very considerate, BUT there are some in every crowd! Good reasons come to mind are selfishness, jealousy, and greed!
Case in point 1976 Rockyford AB , in the bar: Have you let anyone hunt on your place yet? NAH , Why? Magoo answers : and he has a few under his belt , I don,t let them on cause I like to keep the deer for myself! HA HA hA , Big joke!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Whiteyonly didn't like that last comment of yours Pedro. Whiteyonly It looks like you live in sturgeon county which is very close to Edmonton so I do feel your pain because I have some land just outside Calgary with a road allowance running right through my section and always kicking "city folk" off. and yes I would not advise the whole thing with your shepards
Old 12-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Default Road allowance

Yes! I live in southern Alberta with alot of road allowances that belong to the taxpayers of Alberta. The land on either side does not belong to the people of Alberta it usually belongs to a farmer which we have no access to without permission whether it is POSTED or NOT! If the land adjacent to a road allowance is not fenced they usually do not mind if you hunt with respect for their property. But if you assume it is okay to hunt and are caught without permission you can be charged with trespassing, dead animal or not! If you have a downed animal shot off a road allowance, where you have every right to be, and it ends up on private property you have to have permission to retrieve it, if for some reason they say no, you pack you sh#t and leave. F&W can plead your case to the owner but they can not enter private property unless the owner has them to come and remove your sorry beehind, or there has been a crime commited and an investigation is going on. In Southern Alberta you can not be denied access to road allowances, but you can be from land owners, this Road allowance info comes from our County land man. The rest of it is an no brainer
Old 12-04-2011, 07:23 PM

ya know what it comes down to ? i shouldn't have been spending the last day of the season helping a kid look for his deer ( that was gutshot) on our 80 acres.... yes no permission where it was shot. till tonight....cause no one wants to cause any **** in the neighborhood... so now they have permision... so much bull****.... and it is gonna stay that way till some of my neighbors are willing to say enough is enough...... this is where is live sw-03-93-21 w5...and the nieghbors let me hunt in many spots.... i ASK... and i have permision where i go
Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I don't know why you'd hunt deer on a road allowance with private property on both sides that you don't have permission for. Hunting grouse I could see but not deer.
x2
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
x2
BECAUSE all you need is a deer to jump the fence onto the allowance which happens all the time and if you hit them in the spot you are supposed to they will drop in their tracks.Ive done it several times and once I got a 183" whitetail and it was a great time
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
BECAUSE all you need is a deer to jump the fence onto the allowance which happens all the time and if you hit them in the spot you are supposed to they will drop in their tracks.
But since most of us can't place every single shot perfectly to ensure that the animal drops on the spot, that deer just might make it onto private land that you don't have access to. Then the fun begins. Take that chance if you want, I am just not willing to risk the fallout if things don't go perfectly.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
But since most of us can't place every single shot perfectly to ensure that the animal drops on the spot, that deer just might make it onto private land that you don't have access to. Then the fun begins.
To some people Elkhunter11 thats neither here nor there....

LC
Old 12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarling View Post
BECAUSE all you need is a deer to jump the fence onto the allowance which happens all the time and if you hit them in the spot you are supposed to they will drop in their tracks.Ive done it several times and once I got a 183" whitetail and it was a great time
Yeah, me too but not everytime. Why put yourself in a potential situation where the deer quite possibly could end up on private property? There are allot better places to hunt deer.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
To some people Elkhunter11 thats neither here nor there..
But unfortunately, those people are the ones that are likely going to eventually end up having a very negative experience with a landowner, and hunters as a whole lose whenever that happens.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
But unfortunately, those people are the ones that are likely going to eventually end up having a very negative experience with a landowner, and hunters as a whole lose whenever that happens.
...exactly my point...

Sorry guys but I can't see hunting a 50ft wide strip of land......I like more wide open spaces......if thats for you blow your hair back.

LC
Old 12-05-2011, 11:40 AM

I don't see any difference with shooting down a road or a road allowance with a centerfire. They are there for access and should be treated the same.

I feel the need to respond to parfleche as attitudes like his are not helping access issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
On the average most landowners are very considerate, BUT there are some in every crowd! Good reasons come to mind are selfishness, jealousy, and greed!
The same can be said about hunters. I think we found the one on this board.

Quote:
...40 years ago you could hunt almost anywhere , NOW because everyone wants a large trophy , there suddenly comes a problem of trespassing etc.... So is there a legitimate reason to deny access to owned property?
10 years ago asking for access here was granted 99% of the time. Now it's closer to 5%. The number of hunters looking for these trophy animals has exploded and increased tresspassing/damage to get them has caused land to be closed off. So who is really to blame for that?
There are many legitimate reasons to deny access. Most of the farmers I know are trying to harvest in the fall, not answer phone calls and babysit hunters. If you got endless stream of vacuum cleaner salesmen coming to your door while you're trying to work at home, you would eventually start slamming the door.

Quote:
Doesnt seem to bother owners that oil leases get developed on their land! The damage inflicted by a half ton pickup or the bootprints of a human does not compare to an invasion of oilfield equipment , not to mention the noise and pollution !Could it be because of the money?
Some won't allow it. Others realize it's not an issue for an oil company to move 1/4 mile away to drill a well. And oilfield companies DO pay if they rut up fields or otherwise cause damage.

Quote:
BUT consider this mr landowner , when you go to town , are some of these same deniers of access guilty of the same ? You darned tootin buckshot, like pi--ing in the street, driving their heavy duty Rams with loud mufflers through neighborhoods with a belly full of beer, or their sons , Think about this for a second!What exactly would you do at two in the am IF some city slicker roared down your driveway pulling powerturns by your house
If they were ****ing in my yard, or driving across my lawn I would call the police. The same would apply if they were driving like idiots tearing up the streets. If they have a belly full of beer they will be dealt with. But remember, they have a right to drive down your street any time they want to. It's public property just like any back road or road allowance regardless of if that road is next to your home. What exactly would you do if someone started shooting 200 yds from your house at first light that didn't realize there is a house behind that little patch of bush in the line of fire? When people start shooting in your neighborhood on a daily basis we'll be on the same page.

Quote:
Case in point 1976 Rockyford AB , in the bar: Have you let anyone hunt on your place yet? NAH , Why? Magoo answers : and he has a few under his belt , I don,t let them on cause I like to keep the deer for myself! HA HA hA , Big joke!
It probably was a joke. Guessing you had a few in you at the time too and didn't realize someone was pushing your buttons.
BTW You do realize that was 35 years ago.... don't you?

Last edited by j m; 12-05-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

Default Quit with the threats get down with business

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro96 View Post
Grow up!! Sick dogs on people!! They Might get my sleeve..you're gonna be out to stupid mutts!!...YOU ARE FROM SOUTH ALTA..!!
First of all I live in the north pal and I never said I was going to sick my TWO not to ( must be from Newfoundland ) champion line purebred shepherds on you unless your on my property then yes they will take your arm home to me and not only a sleeve if anyone were to take a shot at my dogs YOU would be out 4 tires as well as a few other things I will not write here if you catch my drift why are you trying to argue a point that your wrong so stay in your city condo buy meat from Safeway make me some money city boy!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
First of all I live in the north pal and I never said I was going to sick my TWO not to ( must be from Newfoundland ) champion line purebred shepherds on you unless your on my property then yes they will take your arm home to me and not only a sleeve if anyone were to take a shot at my dogs YOU would be out 4 tires as well as a few other things I will not write here if you catch my drift why are you trying to argue a point that your wrong so stay in your city condo buy meat from Safeway make me some money city boy!
Umm whiteyonly.The thing is, is that if your dogs attacked Pedro he could legally defend himself however if you slashed his tires you would be charged. There is a difference there and if I were you I would keep you mouth shut from now on.Just sayin
Old 12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarling View Post
Umm whiteyonly.The thing is, is that if your dogs attacked Pedro he could legally defend himself however if you slashed his tires you would be charged. There is a difference there and if I were you I would keep you mouth shut from now on.Just sayin
Jesus I thought this was over I will try one more time for you and your boyfriend Pedro ok If you were trespassing on my land you will not be walking out period how would I be charged when your the one doing the illegal act does that make any sense I have a right to defend my land my livestock and most of all my family end of story oh and keep my mouth shutBif you were me I am a Canadian I have freedom of speech if you would like to discuss a problem with me in person PM me and we can arrange a meeting
Old 12-05-2011, 02:40 PM

Awesome!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:44 PM

Runaway train here.
Maybe I'll start the thread again.

TBark
Old 12-05-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Jesus I thought this was over I will try one more time for you and your boyfriend Pedro ok If you were trespassing on my land you will not be walking out period how would I be charged when your the one doing the illegal act does that make any sense I have a right to defend my land my livestock and most of all my family end of story oh and keep my mouth shutBif you were me I am a Canadian I have freedom of speech if you would like to discuss a problem with me in person PM me and we can arrange a meeting
I wish I had my law degree. You would make for a great client.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Dude your dumber than a sack of hammers.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Dude your dumber than a sack of hammers.

My sack of hammers is offended....

LC
Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

My sack of hammers is offended....

LC
Hehe...good one.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-05-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Whiteys...ONLY?? You sound like a Homophobic Rednecked Racest!! Lighten up!!..Might head south of here cuz sounds like baby needs a BaBa!!
Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro96 View Post
Whiteys...ONLY?? You sound like a Homophobic Rednecked Racest!! Lighten up!!..Might head south of here cuz sounds like baby needs a BaBa!!

LC