Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuntley12 View Post
Guessing these would probably be sold out by now?
Only one way to find out. Call one of the ticket sellers listed on page 1 of this thread.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:19 PM

I bought my tickets over 3 weeks ago and havent go anything in the mail yet. Any of you guys get anything back yet?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I bought my tickets over 3 weeks ago and havent go anything in the mail yet. Any of you guys get anything back yet?
I got mine in the mail no problem. Only took a week or so.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Yep...had mine on the fridge for a while now!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
SO, HFT SUCKS???
Lets see, they basicly run a organisation on Volunteer power and becouse you didnt get your 2 tickets, they SUCK??

Why not step up and help them rather than slag them in a publiuc forum.

Jamie
When I first contacted HFT and was told to use the phone number they had on the web, that is what I tried when it didn't work I e-mailed them and asked if there was a correct number. To this day I'm still waiting for that e-mail also! If a organization wants to be in the public eye than maybe they should address the people that are trying to support them...don't ya think Jamie? When the RMEF was doing the raffle I sold several books of tickets each year and I wasn't even a member. Is that stepping up? I also did three years ( VOLUNTEER) on a board for another non-profit organization that is all about helping our wildlife. Do ya think that is stepping up Jamie? When someone in the public eye does a crappy job then the public should hear about it! I sure hope you are stepping up becuase our wildlife needs all the help they can get.

Try thinking next time before you open your cake hole.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovis40 View Post
When I first contacted HFT and was told to use the phone number they had on the web, that is what I tried when it didn't work I e-mailed them and asked if there was a correct number. To this day I'm still waiting for that e-mail also! If a organization wants to be in the public eye than maybe they should address the people that are trying to support them...don't ya think Jamie? When the RMEF was doing the raffle I sold several books of tickets each year and I wasn't even a member. Is that stepping up? I also did three years ( VOLUNTEER) on a board for another non-profit organization that is all about helping our wildlife. Do ya think that is stepping up Jamie? When someone in the public eye does a crappy job then the public should hear about it! I sure hope you are stepping up becuase our wildlife needs all the help they can get.

Try thinking next time before you open your cake hole.
Yah the RMEF thing worked out real well now didnt it....They ran from this country and they ran hard. I wonder just how much $$$ they took out of Alberta so guys in the states could hunt elk in Kentucky??
(I must say I dont really know the internal workings, but I know that when big charitys have smaller offices, the smaller offices have to give a portion of what they raise back to the head office)
Perhaps you should think before you open your CAKE HOLE

Its Volunteer labour. If you see a problem, offer to help fix it.. Dont come on a computer and complain.. Go do something.
Myself.. I was helping AHIEA load trailers this AM in order to get the word out at the Sportsmen show.. I hadnt planned on helping, I was just driving by and noticed they needed a hand. Do I desirve a Medal.. NO.. I was just trying to help in the small way I could.

BTW, they still had tickets sitting on the counter here in Calgary. Perhaps pick up the phone and call them.
While you at it, ask to speak with someone and explain your problem, perhaps if they know about it they can help prevent it from happening next year.

Lots of good looking draws this year, some real nice shotguns and a combo Citori trap gun I would love to get my hands on.

Good luck with your draws.

Jamie
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 PM

Good on you Jamie.

I just bought 5 mule deer tickets over the phone at the 403 252-8474 phone number supplied on the 1st page of this thread. Charged to my VISA.
The lady there- Karen was helpful and competed the sale in under 4 minutes, she said they'd mail the tickets out right away.

She also siad that in addition to mule deer, they still have sheep and elk tickets available, and that they will for sale at the Calgary Sportsman Show this weekend as well.

Pretty simple boys & girls!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Yah the RMEF thing worked out real well now didnt it....They ran from this country and they ran hard. I wonder just how much $$$ they took out of Alberta so guys in the states could hunt elk in Kentucky??
(I must say I dont really know the internal workings, but I know that when big charitys have smaller offices, the smaller offices have to give a portion of what they raise back to the head office)
Perhaps you should think before you open your CAKE HOLE

Its Volunteer labour. If you see a problem, offer to help fix it.. Dont come on a computer and complain.. Go do something.
Myself.. I was helping AHIEA load trailers this AM in order to get the word out at the Sportsmen show.. I hadnt planned on helping, I was just driving by and noticed they needed a hand. Do I desirve a Medal.. NO.. I was just trying to help in the small way I could.

BTW, they still had tickets sitting on the counter here in Calgary. Perhaps pick up the phone and call them.
While you at it, ask to speak with someone and explain your problem, perhaps if they know about it they can help prevent it from happening next year.

Lots of good looking draws this year, some real nice shotguns and a combo Citori trap gun I would love to get my hands on.

Good luck with your draws.

Jamie
First off I already have my tickets for this year. I'm not bad mouthing AHIEA, they had my tickets to my door in a week! Great job. I was referring to HFT last year.
Secondly how could I offer a suggestion when no one would reply to several e-mails? Silence usually means something.
Thirdly what should I have thought about before I opened my CAKE HOLE with regards to the RMEF? Not quite sure where that came from. Do you think that everyone that had anything to do with RMEF are bad and should keep their CAKE HOLE shut to? I know a bunch of people that spent a lot of their time volunteering year after year thinking that what they were doing was something really great for our wildlife only to get burnt in the end!! I’m not sure where you’re coming from. Enough said.
Bye
Old 02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovis40 View Post
First off I already have my tickets for this year. I'm not bad mouthing AHIEA, they had my tickets to my door in a week! Great job. I was referring to HFT last year.
Secondly how could I offer a suggestion when no one would reply to several e-mails? Silence usually means something.
Thirdly what should I have thought about before I opened my CAKE HOLE with regards to the RMEF? Not quite sure where that came from. Do you think that everyone that had anything to do with RMEF are bad and should keep their CAKE HOLE shut to? I know a bunch of people that spent a lot of their time volunteering year after year thinking that what they were doing was something really great for our wildlife only to get burnt in the end!! I’m not sure where you’re coming from. Enough said.
Bye

Ovis of course I didnt slam all those who worked hard for RMEF.
As for the CAKEHOLE.. I was just throwing it back at you

The thing that irked me a bit was you wondering why the sheep foundation didnt get to run this...Therby insinuating AHEIA and HFT do not do a good job with the $$$$

I for one would like to see all the cash stay here in Alberta, not be skimmed off by a another country.

BTW HFT and AHEIA go hand in hand.

Take care
Jamie
Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned

Tickets still left at the AHEIA both as of this afternoon.
I bought 2 Sheep and 2 Mule Deer
Along with 2 on a Trap gun.

You guys are all going to lose

Jamie
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Tickets still left at the AHEIA both as of this afternoon.
I bought 2 Sheep and 2 Mule Deer
Along with 2 on a Trap gun.

You guys are all going to lose

Jamie
Thats okay Jamie....you'll need to hire me as a guide to show you where all the big mulies and rams are hiding anyways.....heh
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Just ordered two for mule deer, two elk and one for the shotgun. I see someone had a bad experience with HFT last year. I just ordered them from there. Guess we'll see what happens
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 PM

By all means that money should stay in Alberta!!! If it is responsable for a couple more critters for us to enjoy than we are all winners!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckay View Post
Just ordered two for mule deer, two elk and one for the shotgun. I see someone had a bad experience with HFT last year. I just ordered them from there. Guess we'll see what happens
Not the trap gun I hope!!

Everyone stay away from that fine piece...ITS MINE, ALL MINE!!!

Ok Trev you can help guide me to my 200`Ram and my 200 Mule deer.

I might even let you pet them

Good luck every one

Jamie
Old 04-28-2009, 03:08 PM

Drum rollllllllllll. The draw for the trap gun is today. Anyone know where to find the results of who won?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm sure someone will post it on here tommorow.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:23 PM

do u think maybe old gunsnlinger can win it two years in a row. come one baby.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Gone Hunting

Stop yer dreamin and droolin slinger, shes mine this year!

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Anyone know how we can find out who won? I'm sure I just missed the phone call
Old 04-29-2009, 04:55 PM

i think the draw is in augest isnt it
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 PM

The Minsters Special Licence Poster says that "The rams are in the rut then, and there will be only four other licensed sheep hunters in Alberta during November and the first two weeks of December". Are there 5 chances to get drawn?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Banned

i beleive there is only two lottery tags for sheep one resident and one non resident and the other tags are resident draw tags for cadomin
Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 PM

Are the 3 extra sheep tags new ones that will be in 2009 draws? Nothing in the 2008 draws with hunts in Dec. and no info on the fish and wildlife site posted for 2009 draws?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Banned

they are draws for november. The minister tags and the draws for sheep all end the end of Nov.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:43 PM

Nope, not draw tags, there were 9 2008 438 draw tags for rifle sheep hunts that happened in November. The link at Hunting for Tomorrow says the raffle is one of 5 rifle sheep tags that are allowed to hunt in Nov. and in the first 2 weeks of December.

http://www.huntingfortomorrow.com/HF...oster%2009.pdf

I know that 1 is the raffle and 1 is the Minister's Auction Tag. What would the other 3 be ( and there not part of the 9 tags in the 438 draws - which are Nov. only)?

Anybody know what the other 3 rifle sheep tags that get to hunt in November and the first two weeks of December?
Old 05-10-2009, 06:52 PM

very weird, i am kinda confused as to this, i was only aware of this drawing,and the minsters tag that was sold at fnaws, i would also be very interested to know where the other three tags come from and where there sold, unless this is misinformation.

i thouhgt that there was of course the 9 tags drawn for residents then the alberta hunters draw,and the fnaws ministers tag, where did the other three come from?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Banned

The only November sheep tags that were available in 2008 were
Zone 438 - 9 tags
410 - 50 tags archery only
408 - 7 tags archery only
and 2 ministers permits 1 resident and 1 non resident
I beleive these numbers are correct and i havent herd of any more being added for 2009
Old 05-10-2009, 10:27 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
The only November sheep tags that were available in 2008 were
Zone 438 - 9 tags
410 - 50 tags archery only
408 - 7 tags archery only
and 2 ministers permits 1 resident and 1 non resident
I beleive these numbers are correct and i havent herd of any more being added for 2009
You are correct other than the two Minister's permits are valid until December 15. Also, both Minister permits are available to residents and the auction tag has in fact been bought by an Alberta resident twice that I personally know of. One is sold at auction and the other through raffle with only Alberta residents permitted to buy tickets.

Last edited by sheephunter; 05-10-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Banned

Is is auctioned off at the alberta Fnaws? When did they stop auctoning off the non resident tag?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 PM
sheephunter

No, it's auctioned off at the national FNAWS convention.

There never has been a non-resident auction permit. It's just an auction permit available to the highest bidder regardless of residency. Most years it is bought by a non-resident but two of the last three it's gone to an Alberta resident.