Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps View Post
Its a tradeoff - lightweight means giving something up, that something in the Tikka is plastic parts. I don't really like the look of the gun or the barrel length but for what your gaining (good accuracy out of the box, adjustable trigger, and decent price) I'd say its a pretty good tradeoff. I have been trying to find a reason to buy one to round out the cabinet.
One gun that meets your requirements with no plastic is the BSA majestic featherweight. Probably one of the first and best liteweight bolt guns made. If you can find a good used one, it would look better in your cabinet. Plus, it's wood and metal
Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 PM

Very satisfied Tikka T3 owner here. Bought a 30-06 two years ago and am real happy with the accuracy. It did take some testing of different factory loads to find the best fit, as I do not load my own. I've found the Nosler Ballistic Tip 165 grain give me the absolute tightest groupings. The bolt is amazingly smooth as well. I've done lots of trekking through some harsh conditions and have no complaints. If you're looking for value, the Tikka T3 is a great option.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't really like the look of the gun or the barrel length but for what your gaining (good accuracy out of the box, adjustable trigger, and decent price) I'd say its a pretty good tradeoff. I have been trying to find a reason to buy one to round out the cabinet.
What's not to like about the look? 22-250 in front, 30-06 in back.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

Arrow

Love em........all 4 that I own
Old 12-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky View Post

Looks don't really matter. But the stocks do look bulky. And the front one doesn't "look" like a rifle.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Nothing is worse then a savage,some of them might be accurate,like all sako's and weatherbys are,but they are junk,they are cheap and you get what you pay for.tikka's in my opinion are way above savage.Savages are the only rifles that i wont buy.Savage junk
I'm sure that by now we all know how you feel, I'm thinking that Savage Junk ought to have been your alias name . Although I like Savage guns, I'm not at all offended by your opinion, we're all entitled to our own. My next door neighbour and friend owns a Sako 75 that he paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1700.00 to $1800.00 for. To this day, his go to gun is a Tikka M65. He will openly admit that he'd love nothing better than his Sako to shoot as well as my junky Savages or Tikka. I'm just curious as to why you feel that they are junk? They shoot great, they're reliable and have a good smooth action. Is it the plastic or the price, or what is it that you find so offensive.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
Looks don't really matter. But the stocks do look bulky. And the front one doesn't "look" like a rifle.
So you're like an "all wood guy" or nothing? Can't blame ya, wood guns are nice, no doubt. Here's my .308.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Not bad, but it's a semi-yukomatic
Old 12-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Guess we won't be trading gun cabinets. I best put the camera away.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Geronimo,
I just so happened to find yet another link for your reading pleasure.
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=417164
Old 12-17-2009, 03:57 PM
sheephunter

LOL...guessing you don't want to read any of the several hundred threads regardinging issues with the Mark V but just in case you do......

http://www.weatherby.dk/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Old 12-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
LOL...guessing you don't want to read any of the several hundred threads regardinging issues with the Mark V but just in case you do......

http://www.weatherby.dk/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Sorry,
I thought Geronimo's question was about Tikka's, my mistake.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
I thought Geronimo's question was about Tikka's,.
It was, you brought up Weatherby...that link was for your reading enjoyment!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
It was, you brought up Weatherby...that link was for your reading enjoyment!
You are correct. I brought up Weatherby. But I never suggested anyone buy one. (unless you had a gunbearer)
Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not really sure I'd say I'm a big fan. Just looking objectively at them, I'd say they are a great firearm for the money just as many others are.
Not a fan, but the best gun for under $900, according to you.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Not a fan, but the best gun for under $900, according to you.
Tonto/sniper, whatever name you're using these days, I really enjoy having a discussion about guns and will offer my opinion and am even happy to add more to or defend statements I made but I typically find that once I have to start defending statements that I never made that the discussion has pretty well run its course.......this one has reached that point....

Last edited by sheephunter; 12-17-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 PM

I now have two T3 lites and really like them. Nice and light with excellent accuracy. I would have no problem buying another one. First one I tried was a 243 camo synthetic, ss barrel. Really liked it so went out and bought a grey laminate, ss barrel in 204. Been very pleased with that one as well.

Aim Small Miss Small
Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=46228

Check first response. I hope you wouldn't suggest something that you didn't think was best for the money.
I'm gettin' really good at these link things

It's flattering that you think I am a good shot.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 PM

I love my Tika T3 270wsm in fact I have just sold my Sako M995 so I can get a Tika T3 in 300wsm. Had a Rem model 700 for years and still T3 is the gun of choice for me.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=46228

Check first response. I hope you wouldn't suggest something that you didn't think was best for the money.
I'm gettin' really good at these link things

It's flattering that you think I am a good shot.
Please read post #76 above....ugh
Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 PM

I own a tikka T3 hunter in 270WSM. LOVE IT!!!!. awesome accuracy, nice weight, very durable, SMOOTH action. The T3 action puts my savage and my dads Weatherby to shame. You will not be dissapointed by the tikka for sure. Its funny how mainly the bashers do not own them. lol
Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Tonto/sniper, whatever name you're using these days, I really enjoy having a discussion about guns and will offer my opinion and am even happy to add more to or defend statements I made but I typically find that once I have to start defending statements that I never made that the discussion has pretty well run its course.......this one has reached that point....

Some people here have multiple acounts on here. That is funny and sad at the same time.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky View Post

I picked one up and it just didn't look right, reminded me of tupperware. I do have to admit though your black tikka with the scope looks good, just not a fan of them up close and personal. I see them as accurate utility rifles not flashy cabinet queens.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
One gun that meets your requirements with no plastic is the BSA majestic featherweight. Probably one of the first and best liteweight bolt guns made. If you can find a good used one, it would look better in your cabinet. Plus, it's wood and metal
Did they produce it in left hand? Nice looking gun from what I could pull off the net.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:14 AM

This is my T3 Lite. I'd cry if it was one of my wood guns. But it isn't, this gun has been through hell and just keeps on tickin like new. S/S and powder coated, I could probably throw it in the river overnight and it'd still shoot fine like it always does...

Old 12-19-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
With this logic, it would be ok if the paint on your brand new car peeled off?
Like you have said before and i agreed, all guns have there issues, except weatherby,. Just seems to me that plastic has contributed to Tikka's issues.
I got a weatherby shotgun that fell apart after two boxes of light bird shot you can buy. Plastic junk it is with the " weatherby" name on it. Any company that would put there name on that shotgun i don't trust. My close friend had a weatherby rifle forget model but the cheaper one and the trigger fell apart within 40 rounds. And after he got his new trigger installed and finished break in could not group with any load, and we triied every factory load we could get our hands on better than 2inch @ 100 yards with 3 different scopes clean unclean barrel 5 different shooters. JUNK!! My tikka t3 lite 30.06 on the other hand for around same price shoots most factory ammo 1inch or better, Clean or dirty. Rain or shine. I would and will buy another tikka. But wouldn't even look at a weatherby. So up yours guy.lol

Last edited by jaybull; 12-19-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGO GUY View Post
Some people here have multiple acounts on here. That is funny and sad at the same time.
Ya more pathetic i'd say. Web tough guys and no it all's that hide behind other names so they can get the pot sturring then join the bashing them selfs. Must have a lot of time on there hands.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Great rifles. Light, the shoot well and are durable...pretty much all you can ask of a rifle. You'll hear people knock the polymer magazine....don't listen, it's as strong as steel.....

Lots of guys and gals shoot them on here.
That about says it all.
I have shot quite a few of the newer Tikkas in all their configurations, and they are accurate rifles for sure.
Very smooth bolts as well, and decent triggers.

Cat
Old 12-19-2009, 12:07 PM

I didn't know he was asking about a weatherby?If you like plastic junk then go out and get your self a tikka or savage.Most new guns shoot well so blah,blah,blah on that, if you like plastic chit, then go for it.Look into savages,stevens and the sako A7 all "tack drivers" but the plastic in my opinion makes them look and feel chitty.No plastic on my weatherby and it's a "tack driver".
Old 12-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did they produce it in left hand? Nice looking gun from what I could pull off the net.
I don't think left hand was invented when BSA were making guns.