Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahoganyMan View Post
As per Transport Canada you need to have your quad within eyesight. You must have some serious eyesight?, I have seen most of your videos and you DO break most of the current rules that are in place as per Transport Canada and now new rules are going to be in place starting next week.

The most important thing here to take away from this thread is to LEARN the rules, especially here in 2016 whereas you will need to prove you have $100,000 liability insurance while flying your hobby craft. These NEW rules are in place because of people going out and flying their quads like "Boneheads"!!

And Yes I am an Expert and have been in the hobby for longer than some of the posters on this thread have been alive I can only assume.
You have seen most of my drone videos and I do break most of the current rules . Are you the drone police ? I'm so sorry sir
Old 12-28-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levigne25 View Post
You have seen most of my drone videos and I do break most of the current rules . Are you the drone police ? I'm so sorry sir
This is the classy response I expected, clearly it's YOU first sir.

Last edited by MahoganyMan; 12-28-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Banned

I just want one of these to film some stuff for hunting, a few cool shoots of my climbing a tree or walking through a bog. Sounds like quite the hassle to fly one of these. Might pick up the Phantom 3 professional.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
I just want one of these to film some stuff for hunting, a few cool shoots of my climbing a tree or walking through a bog. Sounds like quite the hassle to fly one of these. Might pick up the Phantom 3 professional.
I wanna do the same , you can get some good video footage for a hunting video . Also be cool to get a scope cam so you can add the video of inside the scope of the reticle and target , then a cool aerial view. It's no hassle , the haters make it sound like a hassle , they come here acting like there all Police , they can't mind there own buisness and gotta start telling you all the rules . Don't pay attention to those idiots , get your drone and don't worry about them

Last edited by levigne25; 12-28-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by levigne25 View Post
I wanna do the same , you can get some good video footage for a hunting video . Also be cool to get a scope cam so you can add the video of inside the scope of the reticle and target , then a cool aerial view. It's no hassle , the haters make it sound like a hassle , they come here acting like there all Police , they can't mind there own buisness and gotta start telling you all the rules . Don't pay attention to those idiots , get your drone and don't worry about them
Oh I won't lol Once I got a drone I certainly won't post about it on here as someone will run the videos through a program to try and find something I did wrong then notify the RCMP I am some sort of Air criminal lol
Old 12-28-2015, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh I won't lol Once I got a drone I certainly won't post about it on here as someone will run the videos through a program to try and find something I did wrong then notify the RCMP I am some sort of Air criminal lol
I'm not worried lol
Old 12-28-2015, 10:40 PM

lol except the only problem with taking "hunting videos" is;

1. The drone gives off sonar which drives animals nuts, as in they won't be anywhere near you or your drone while "hunting". I'm guessing you haven't flown one with your dog around (levigne25 - you are old enough to own a dog, arnt you??)

Maybe you'd like to take some secluded videos of you walking around by yourself in the woods??

2. Flying a drone around wildlife would be the same as harassing them, which would be illegal as well.

Seems the hobby has attracted quite an intelligent crowd.

Sigh.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
lol except the only problem with taking "hunting videos" is

1. The drone gives off sonar which drives animals nuts, as in they won't be anywhere near you or your drone while "hunting". I'm guessing you haven't flown one with your dog around (levigne25 - you are old enough to own a dog, arnt you??)

Maybe you'd like to take some secluded videos of you walking around by yourself in the woods??

2. Flying a drone around wildlife would be the same as harassing them, which would be illegal as well.

Sigh.
Get over yourself. Having a drone film me from up high walking through a field or erecting a ladderstand is not going to scare away the animals or be considered harassing wildlife.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol except the only problem with taking "hunting videos" is;

Sigh.
I have flown my drone around my dog , it don't bother him . If you know anything about filming well it won't affect wildlife , because I don't need to use my drone while I'm hunting . I can get video footage of the area I hunt and add it to other video clips to complete a video , I don't even know why I'm explaining myself , most people can figure it out
Old 12-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Get over yourself. Having a drone film me from up high walking through a field or erecting a ladderstand is not going to scare away the animals or be considered harassing wildlife.
He's a trouble maker , he try's to drag people into an argument to get them suspended . The sad thing is there a lot guys like that on here and they seem to get away with it , it's the guys who stick up for themselves who gets in trouble
Old 12-28-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Why exactly would *anyone* be interested in seeing video, quote "from up high, walking through a field or erecting a ladderstand " exactly??

Sounds like some intense video footage.

And yes, purposely flying over wildlife would be the same as harassing, still illegal.

Levigne, where do you hunt?? I'd love to sit a quarter section over from you when you flush all the game my way. Cheers man.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why exactly would *anyone* be interested in seeing video, quote "from up high, walking through a field or erecting a ladderstand " exactly??

And yes, purposely flying over wildlife would be the same as harassing, still illegal.

Levigne, where do you hunt?? I'd love to sit a quarter section over from you when you flush all the game my way. Cheers man.
336 please come find me
Old 12-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

It's part of the video, the whole experience. From the set up and scouting to the harvest of the wildlife. Why do you seem to care so much? There is videos of two girls pooing in a cup, that seems to draw interest. Maybe you should go worry about that instead of being concerned with me filming myself in the setup stages of a hunt.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:18 PM

Too much work to clean this up a second time. Some people have the personality of sand paper. Will be short lived
Closed Thread