Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
Funny, that's the way I feel about Danielle...

ARG
almost like they stacked the deck in PPs favour putting 2 traitors in the mix, like he needs help

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-13-2022, 10:31 AM

Climate change is where Trudeau will focus, hes saving the world and pp just wants to save us from useless taxes that do nothing and has no plan to save the world. And the east will believe him like always. Remember folks canada took on massive debt so we wouldnt have to, hes got our backs. Pp is our only hope and I hope its sooner than later.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
The MSM and TruAnon crowd is already out in full force. They don't need to dig hard, they're recycling his support for the Convoy and interactions with who the left describes as white supremacists. Throw in the overused and overstated use of the word "populist" comparing him to Trump, the campaign to gaslight Cdns into believing that Poilievre is the boogy man is in full force.

Sad that so many will allow themselves to be gaslit by the left.
I thought the turd said a few weeks back, the Canadian's would not, should not and must not hurl derogatory remarks at one another. We should be inclusive and accepting of different points of view.

BW
Old 09-13-2022, 11:34 AM

Wait and see what happens, if he can get into PMO, great, I hope he does, but, not really holding my breath on it. Even if he gets in, it absolutely has to be a majority gov't, and he has to either restack the Senate or dissolve it in order to get anything real accomplished. As well as fight whatever provincial gov't is in BC and Ont and Que. It'll be interesting, if it happens. In the meantime, sure it won't be dull.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:38 AM

Populism is a funny thing.
When it works in favour of the left it is accepted as the will of the people. When it works in favour of the Right aka not the Liberals. Then it is a dirty word and thought of as the realm of the uneducated knuckle dragging class of voters who don’t understand what’s best for them .
Old 09-13-2022, 05:29 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Prime Minister Pierre Poilievre is something to look forward to

Poilievre’s liberal critics are all red-faced with the idea he cozies up to dangerous extremists, that he is a Canadian avatar of Donald Trump-style politics. What is in their cereal? Do they think A Handmaid’s Tale is a blueprint? They confuse a childish paranoid fiction with a serious reality.

These fantasies do not explain his massive win, nor the unprecedented crowds that gathered for him coast to coast during the campaign.

A whole lot of Canadians, and not just Conservatives, have grown exceedingly irritated, beyond mere annoyance, at the perpetual, smug self-righteousness and cloying preachiness of the ultra-woke “we always know best” Liberal leadership.

As for the current Liberal batch, with their incomprehensible incompetence, their deliberate choice to use a pandemic as a political lever, for calling an election in the middle of one, to describing those who challenged their undebated vaccine mandates as “racists” and “misogynists” and a “fringe minority,” it has all become so tiresome, even boring.

It would be nice to be regularly proud of Canada again. That alone might be motivation enough for a change in government. And have an election on just such a theme.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...ook-forward-to
Old 09-13-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Climate change is where Trudeau will focus, hes saving the world and pp just wants to save us from useless taxes that do nothing and has no plan to save the world. And the east will believe him like always. Remember folks canada took on massive debt so we wouldnt have to, hes got our backs. Pp is our only hope and I hope its sooner than later.
Normal people don't worry about wealth transfer schemes when it’s difficult to do the day to day things, like eat, fill up your car, etc. which is why trudolt just announced billions more in spending for low income people. Let’s just put more gas on the inflation fire shall we? More vote buying & smoke/mirrors. PP can’t take over soon enough.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
How should conservatives respond to climate attacks.

I think they need a well thought out message along the lines of doing what we can without destroying the economy, seriously harming our standard of living and protecting jobs… all of which is needed to fight climate change.

If the Medicine Trudeau is pushing causes more harm than good… people will look for a common sense approach.

Especially since destroying our economy by putting us in massive debt… all to tackle our 2% share of CO2 emissions when our number is the US and Chinese rounding error… should be understood by voters.

Enough people are being financially harmed to care this time around.

When the pain is someone else’s problem… everyone agrees… when the harm falls directly on you and your family… you think and vote differently.

As long as there is a good alternative answer to the problem.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-13-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
How should conservatives respond to climate attacks.

I think they need a well thought out message along the lines of doing what we can without destroying the economy, seriously harming our standard of living and protecting jobs… all of which is needed to fight climate change.

If the Medicine Trudeau is pushing causes more harm than good… people will look for a common sense approach.

Especially since destroying our economy by putting us in massive debt… all to tackle our 2% share of CO2 emissions when our number is the US and Chinese rounding error… should be understood by voters.

Enough people are being financially harmed to care this time around.

When the pain is someone else’s problem… everyone agrees… when the harm falls directly on you and your family… you think and vote differently.

As long as there is a good alternative answer to the problem.
He should just ignore the wealth transfer scheme IMO. Bigger issues at play. This purposeful wedge issue just isn’t top of mind for people. Maybe a simple sound bite to the tune of “unlike the lieberals, we’ll do what we can responsibly do without destroying everyone’s livelihood and driving the nation apart”. Rinse, repeat.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
He should just ignore the wealth transfer scheme IMO. Bigger issues at play. This purposeful wedge issue just isn’t top of mind for people. Maybe a simple sound bite to the tune of “unlike the lieberals, we’ll do what we can responsibly do without destroying everyone’s livelihood and driving the nation apart”. Rinse, repeat.
The current government has done a great job along with the media of driving the narrative.

The political alternative has to be well thought out and explained and then protected from attack with facts and logic.

Will see how the next phase of the political battle fares.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-14-2022, 11:09 AM

Have you guys seen this idiot from Global News heckling PP yesterday? What a disgrace of a journalist! I am surprised that PP simply didn’t tell him to shut his mouth. PP has class and patience… The Global guy should be fired and publicly shamed. Apparently, he apologized later for his behaviour.
If you havnt seen that- it’s all over the net…
Old 09-14-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Have you guys seen this idiot from Global News heckling PP yesterday? What a disgrace of a journalist! I am surprised that PP simply didn’t tell him to shut his mouth. PP has class and patience… The Global guy should be fired and publicly shamed. Apparently, he apologized later for his behaviour.
If you havnt seen that- it’s all over the net…
I saw that. David Akin was the reporter. Apparently he even told Poilievre to F-Off. Classless. The interuption was disgusting!!
Old 09-14-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
I saw that. David Akin was the reporter. Apparently he even told Poilievre to F-Off. Classless. The interuption was disgusting!!
Apparently the F-off was meant to another guy who was telling him to shut up. That’s what the msm version was…
Old 09-14-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
NDP has to be fearful. They gave up power to Trudeau so if they cause an election… will any liberals move to NDP? Did they lose votes to greens and liberals.

Neither leader holds a candle to Pierre’s presence.

Will be interesting.

Pierre. 68%
Charest. 16%
Lewis. 9%
Baber. 5%
Aitchson. 1%

Pretty commanding win.

Politics has changed in Canada. Pierre can put French Trudeau in any speech or debate.
Comment I heard was that it may force the Liberals to take more of a Center position. Can't see that happening.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 09-14-2022, 12:43 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Comment I heard was that it may force the Liberals to take more of a Center position. Can't see that happening.

Grizz
Your point reported from the CBC even!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lib...woke-1.6566633
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 09-14-2022, 01:36 PM
Banned

Talking

You can't make this stuff up!!

Liberal MPs want Trudeau to be “less woke” amid Poilievre’s leadership victory

https://tnc.news/2022/09/13/liberal-mps-less-woke/
Old 09-14-2022, 07:27 PM

We know Trudeau will never be centrist on much of anything but he’s pushed so far left any pause on the rapid push left will have the cbc praising him for being pragmatic and centrist, such is the media environment we are in.
Old 09-14-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
We know Trudeau will never be centrist on much of anything but he’s pushed so far left any pause on the rapid push left will have the cbc praising him for being pragmatic and centrist, such is the media environment we are in.
That is correct. Just slowing the speed at which he moves left is considered centre. Ridiculous. The liberals are running scared.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:51 AM

B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9A8014FB-86F0-466B-9315-6E002A699632.jpg (24.2 KB, 124 views)
Old 09-15-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
You can't make this stuff up!!

Liberal MPs want Trudeau to be “less woke” amid Poilievre’s leadership victory

https://tnc.news/2022/09/13/liberal-mps-less-woke/
Hehe...and his activist Environment & Climate Change Minister recently said he doesn't know what "woke" means...

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...heres-a-primer
Old 09-15-2022, 07:02 AM

His Environment and Climate Change Minister also doesn't know what "business" means.

Recently in Newfoundland he stated that they should be building wind farms in order to generate carbon credits, which one assumes might be sold on some ethereal market that would allow someone else to emit CO2 instead of you. (I'm missing the point somewhere here)
Apparently the concept that investing in a wind farm to generate electricity that can be sold to consumers at an affordable rate doesn't feature into his calculations.

He has said that the government will block any attempts to provide Europe with LNG, this even though it would displace coal.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
B
Old 09-15-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
That is correct. Just slowing the speed at which he moves left is considered centre. Ridiculous. The liberals are running scared.
The liberals are afraid that as more and more Canadians don't have enough cash to pay their mortgage/bills at the end of the month, they will stop caring so much about being politically correct, and about the green initiatives. When the cash runs out, people will vote for whomever can help them to pay their bills.
You can expect the liberal funded media, to try and do what they can to make Pierre appear to be a radical villain, because the liberals can't win the next election with their policies.
Old 09-15-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The liberals are afraid that as more and more Canadians don't have enough cash to pay their mortgage/bills at the end of the month, they will stop caring so much about being politically correct, and about the green initiatives. When the cash runs out, people will vote for whomever can help them to pay their bills.
You can expect the liberal funded media, to try and do what they can to make Pierre appear to be a radical villain, because the liberals can't win the next election with their policies.
X100 Elk .Canadians are already in big trouble ,when full out panic hits JT will be shaking so hard his smile will slide out his arrs. I can't wait for that day .
Old 09-15-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:

^^^^^^^
Absolutely! This winter is going to be tough on many Canadians, few that are feeling the pinch now will come out the other end unscathed. BOC is poised to raise it's rate .75 at its earliest opportunity. Home heating, groceries, life necessities will all go up. Carbon tax increase coming in the new year, MP raises in the new year will be an added sting to the equation.

There just might be more marching on the hill than the woke government allows!

BW
Old 09-15-2022, 11:48 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Rex Murphy: Poilievre’s Star Rises as the Liberals Fumble and Falter

There wasn’t much drama to the event.

Ever since the Conservative leadership race was announced, it was clear from the crowds that showed up at Pierre Poilievre’s rallies that he was the enthusiastic favourite, and by a long shot. He did not merely win. He was a rocket. The rest were Volkswagens.

Secondly, he also demonstrated from the first he was serious, by which I mean the tone and substance of his speeches gave indication this was a guy ready and eager to take on the current leader. He found both a theme and manner that kept the crowds swelling till the very end. Turnout had the excitement level of a general election, and there is no reason whenever the next election occurs—if and when Jagmeet Singh uncouples his diminished NDP from the Liberals—that excitement will abate. In fact, it will be greater.

Justin Trudeau, should he hang on, will go into it as the underdog, and should he drop out before the challenge, Chrystia Freeland will not be the challenger so many in the media have been pretending or building her up to be. Ms. Freeland will be carrying Mr. Trudeau’s baggage, and the only good thing about that is that it won’t be at Pearson Airport.

The Liberals, after their long and dreary tenure, are at present a roaring catastrophe. They are stumbling in every conceivable direction. They cannot maintain even the most basic and routine of government functions. They have made a mess of issuing Canadian passports—the passport being the most significant and symbolical instruments of citizenship. At the same time, their precious monomania about “systemically racist” Canada has Heritage Canada and the CRTC blindly doling out over half a million dollars to a certified antisemite (not even resident in Canada) to teach “anti-racism”!

They were a mess at the beginning of COVID, maintaining—as always with the Liberals—that it would be “racist” to ban flights. Now at its end or expiry they impose the wantonly useless arriveCAN app and are still uselessly forcing passengers on flights to mask up (between meals) to add two more miseries to the nightmare that is getting in or out of major Canadian airports.

A great country in Europe, under an energy siege from Vladimir Putin, comes to Canada to see if our country can help with its extensive supplies of oil and gas, and is turned away empty handed. Because Canada under Green Justin has done everything but declare the the oil and gas industry a criminal activity. Instead, that German chancellor is given the promise of a “hydrogen facility” in Stephenville, Newfoundland, which if it ever should develop will come at least a decade past the current crisis. Trudeau gave Greta Thunberg, the teen scold, a better welcome.

We haven’t had a real Parliament in nearly three years, and the promise is that when it resumes fairly soon, this too will be a “Zoom” production. Every other public event, from concerts to sports shows to conferences, are back to normal, but the Liberal-NDP absentee parliamentarians insist face-to-face House of Commons sittings are a health hazard. No one believes this, but the NDP and the Liberals shamelessly insist on it anyway.

Still, full cabinets can fly to B.C. for special meetings. Do you think that when the PM and the cabinet fly they are wearing masks? Were they wearing masks when they convened for lunch and dinner in B.C.? Does Trudeau wear masks on his many foreign jaunts? Parliament is not functioning as it should and must when members are virtual ghosts, when the whole of Parliament, physically, does not meet. This “health-risk” is just opposition avoidance. The Ottawa press gallery should be pushing this point with force and relentlessly, but alas, no.

Finally, the whole style of this government—apart from its incompetence, its aimlessness, its evolution into nasty and divisive rhetoric, and its resort to “wedge” issues (Trudeau’s cant against the unvaccinated in last summer’s election)—has an even bigger problem.

It has become annoying. The virtue-speak, the always cloying telling Canadians what they are thinking, the endless moralizing homilies always reflecting self-congratulatory lights back on the speaker, whether the PM, the environment minister, or heritage or diversity. A little smug glow on first entering office is a forgivable folly. But it wears thin in seven years after a trail of ethics breaches, grossly gaudy foreign adventures (the Great Costume Tour of India), numerous still-unfinished inquiries, and above all the Liberals’ manic absorption with global warming.

The government is tired. And it is annoying. It would not take a campaigner of Pierre Poilievre’s now-proven skills to take it down. It is an old and true maxim in politics that opposition parties do not win, governments defeat themselves. And this one over the last year in particular has an unwonted keenness in preparing for its own departure.

Poilievre will be attacked remorselessly. The larger part of the media will not make it easy for him. But his leadership campaign displayed both focus and energy. Whenever the contest comes he will enter it with eagerness, facing a defensive and exhausted opponent.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:00 PM

Rex on point as usual. Too bad the msm won't touch it.
Old 09-15-2022, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
Rex on point as usual. Too bad the msm won't touch it.
I second that!...
Old 09-15-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Mom & Dad are about to take away the spoiled kid’s credit cards. David Akin’s meltdown is just the start. Writing is on the wall, party is over, & the bill is sitting on the table. Shouldn’t be long before more whimsical knobs (snowflakes) start breaking down.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:27 PM

Too bad the media doesn't realize that Poilievre might be paying their wages soon and it might be a good idea to get on his good side and start telling some truthful stories.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk