Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-11-2019, 05:32 PM

The province got behind on infrastructure in a bad way. No rink or rec facilities were built, schools and road infrastructure was way behind. Falling behind on infrastructure balances your budgets for a while but. Then eventually you need to pay. I do believe in being fiscally responsible. Which no political party does. Kenny and Klein found places to cut that will cost us 10 gold in the long run.

Wildland fire fighting
Tax breaks for small industry's and start ups.
Fireing the elections commissioner
Just off the top of my head

Then there is the
Insurance de-regulation
Corporate tax cuts for big oil
The last 2 aren't bringing any jobs, but one is going to have us pay much more than a carbon tax, to private business, proubably have to shut down more than a few small schools. and the other takes a smaller tax intake and gives a huge amount away, without any guarentee of jobs.

Were going to be hurting unless the hamburglar changes his diet!
Old 12-11-2019, 05:35 PM

Kenny is looking four years ahead. WHEN WEXIT garners political party status it’s like to split the vote in the next provincial election and the NDP win again.

BW
Old 12-11-2019, 06:05 PM

Our former next door neighbor was an RN. After Klein had cut nurses and they went abroad, she was hired and at considerable expense, was sent to the USA and around the world, to try to entice nurses back to Alberta.

I agree that debt cannot go on forever (unless you are the USA). Having said that, we never seem to ever get any balance at all. Our spend then cut roller coaster only equalled by the roller coaster that is oil revenue.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
One look at his username explains it all... Flatearther...
Learn to read
Old 12-11-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
Learn to read
I had always skimmed it and thought it read: "Flatlan Diver", I figured you as a scuba fan who lived on the prairie
Old 12-11-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I had always skimmed it and thought it read: "Flatlan Diver", I figured you as a scuba fan who lived on the prairie
That’s a little closer to the truth 👍
Old 12-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Ha! I always thought it was - Flat land diver! But yeah, a guy on the prairies who liked diving!
Old 12-11-2019, 08:27 PM

Always thought it says flat land liver, ie a dude who lives in the prairies?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Alberta’s economy has been slow for quite a while with the province racking up debt hoping things would turn around and We have had a anti energy idiot running Canada into the ground.

I really would not want to be in Kenny’s shoes an up hill battle with a PM trying to turn things around and a lack of $ coming in to run the province. Of course he is going to be stuck making choices that will **** people off under these conditions

Pretty sure like the rest of Alberta he was betting on Cons wining the federal election and now his original plans are a mess with a liberal minority
Theres no other person who hoped harder than Kenney that the cons would lose. He wants nothing more that to return to his home province and all his buddies in Ottawa. You'll see him run federal again.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Kenny is looking four years ahead. WHEN WEXIT garners political party status it’s like to split the vote in the next provincial election and the NDP win again.

BW
Wexit wont gain any traction. Its filled with racists and bigots. Tainted already it is!
Old 12-11-2019, 08:47 PM

Default Thanks for the label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Wexit wont gain any traction. Its filled with racists and bigots. Tainted already it is!
Maybe I’ll return the favour some day when the shoe is on the other foot.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
So anyone that thinks that Alberta would be better off on it's own, is a racist or a bigot?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Default Typical argument winner line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So anyone that thinks that Alberta would be better off on it's own, is a racist or a bigot?
That’s how they roll.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Yup never confuse them with alternatives to their narrow point of view...they just resort to name calling.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You should feel embarrassed that you wrote that. You're better than that. Nowhere did I even infer that. Look at the wexit gatherings and the Facebook posts. No way that movement will gain real momentum.

Hence the tainted comment.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Same debt.
Less services and more unemployed, but at least we don’t have to pay a carbon tax.....O wait.
But it's ok the big Corp got a 50% reduction in ab Corp tax. Priorities. What's next attack the seniors . Oh wait 45000 just got disqualified for prescription meds . Kenney was a trojan horse . Enjoy.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Learn to read
learn to spell
Old 12-11-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
You should feel embarrassed that you wrote that. You're better than that. Nowhere did I even infer that. Look at the wexit gatherings and the Facebook posts. No way that movement will gain real momentum.

Hence the tainted comment.
Not at all embarrassed , your post stated that the Wexit movement was full of bigots and racists, as if that was part of the ideology behind the movement. The movement may not go anywhere, but it won't be because the people behind it are all racists and bigots.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:53 PM

Default #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Cause it’s flat out wrong and I know wayyy more bout this than you possibly ever could. Maybe you could try to listen to more than one news source like a possibly educated person. Or just listen to stuff you already agree with cause yea... dats truth on thet thar radiomaphonie....

And riiight..... I’m a liberal.... you keep bein you.

Sorry.... booze talkin

I’ll tap out here... stick to hockey
I vote this to be the most hilarious post of 2019!
You honestly make it sound like you are the only edumicadud people kind on this forum.
Gold.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Yea
Drunk responses never are a good look. Drunk and ****dd off... def worse.

Wadaya gonna do. I knew the fellow had his facts wrong.

My bad. Feel free to jump on if it makes ya feel better.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-11-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan View Post
Klein couldn’t help but look like a hero, oil was rolling a real estate was making money,
You coulda put anyone in that position and they woulda looked good.
Klein is probably the greatest significant politician to be in power in my lifetime. You couldn't have put anyone in that position to make them look good. With the energy, mineral, timber, agriculture, and fishing resources available to this country, every PM and premier in the land should look good. Yet very, very few of them do.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
I thought Albertans wanted Alberta to be out of debt.

Sorry to say it, but to get out of debt. The gov is going to have to do alot of budget cuts. If not, increase taxes on every single individuals on this province to maintain the current welfare. Not corporate tax, but individual tax.

And we all know Albertans are not a big fan of increase in individual taxes. So the gov can get out of debt by cutting spending.

Just love it when people show their short term interest. Love it. Can't wait for this province to go into massive debt again after the UCP booted out due to Albertans moaning and groaning about the solution to the Albertan made debt problem.

Hope selling your kids' future was worth it.
Alberta is in the ****ter and the type of people who complain about their son getting laid off will never see the bigger picture or understand how their own actions contributed to it. A large enough population of idiots will run the country and province into the ground, exactly as we're observing, until they eventually bring upon a war which will result in most of the idiots dying and a new system being created by the intelligent survivors. Enjoy the decline.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:55 PM

This thread is a

Why don’t we all self regulate and just not reply anymore?
Old 12-11-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Learn to read
Learn to take a joke..
Old 12-12-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Learn to take a joke..
Politics brings out the worst in me sometimes. It was kinda funny.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterdon View Post
Alberta is in the ****ter and the type of people who complain about their son getting laid off will never see the bigger picture or understand how their own actions contributed to it. A large enough population of idiots will run the country and province into the ground, exactly as we're observing, until they eventually bring upon a war which will result in most of the idiots dying and a new system being created by the intelligent survivors. Enjoy the decline.
Sad, but true, we are running huge deficits, and the debt is building, and we can't sustain this for long. The problem is, that to eliminate the deficit, and reduce the debt, cuts have to be made, and those cuts mean that we will lose some benefits, and some government employees will lose some money, and even their employment, just as many private sector jobs were lost. There is no easy way to stop the downward spiral we are in, but the sooner we start making cuts, the less severe the cuts will be . Either some public sector employees go through what the private sector has been going through now, or many public sector employees will suffer later, because there will be no money to pay them. The fact is, that the private sector pays the public sector wages, so the only solution, is to encourage private sector employment, and investment, which is the exact opposite of what the past provincial government was promoting.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:49 AM

The government at all levels has ballooned into a monster.
Top heavy and totally unstatanable. There needs to be cuts, not front line, but in the back end. Middle and upper management. Huge cuts.
This should start at the municipal level. Why do we have county superintendents making over $200,000 a year? Plus expenses? with a company car? Are they on call 24/7? No they are not.
Stop government funding of programs like WCB, make it private and allow competition.
Huge building in every area for the school board with massive amounts of people getting paid by the tax payer, why?
There should be zero government employees' doing manual labour(labours,truck drivers all of them) this could be contracted out and we would save a pile of cash in the long term.
Get rid of huge severance packages and sick leave? No private industrie employee gets the monster packages that are in every level of government management. 30 weeks sick leave??? What the hell
Get rid of unions(they are in there essence communism) I know flame on, but its true, you get paid the same for the same job, where is the incentive to do good work? Good workers get laid off because a crappy worker has 1 month more time served. Unions were put in place to protect the worker from a employer that exploits them. Where is that happening today? Especially in government.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Theres no other person who hoped harder than Kenney that the cons would lose. He wants nothing more that to return to his home province and all his buddies in Ottawa. You'll see him run federal again.
He just may want to go back to federal politics but I would bet he would have much rather had an easy time having a successful turn around with Alberta’s economy working with federal Cons instead

It would do a lot more for his political resume to show a flawless success as Alberta’s premier than a non stop battle that may to get results.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:20 AM

When natural gas and oil prices were high "Any Fool" could run Alberta and look like a hero and thats what we had when we let a drunk run the province.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
When natural gas and oil prices were high "Any Fool" could run Alberta and look like a hero and thats what we had when we let a drunk run the province.
what was the oil price when he was premier?