Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchammer View Post
Blast out that Muslim morning prayer thing you always here in the movies right at the break of dawn.
Then he will have a cat problem.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykuch View Post
Self control is something that is learned and few are able to master. I demonstrated great restraint. If I was to harm him I would be in court, possible job loss ect. I have a family to support............ THINK about it.
Yep, you are right. If it ended up your word against his, opinion would be against you right away given your age and build. If you would have left a mark on him and they asked/found out about your training you would be done. Then you'd have to worry about your bonded job, firearms possession, etc. This is Canada.

The fact that you didn't go into fight mode immediately, or react offensively via muscle memory tells me you are at an advanced level. And you've had a decent instructor that explained the consequences of using your training on the street.

As far as your problem goes, you've reported him so you're on the radar - if something happens to his place you'll probably be suspect no1 now. Looks like the law or the olive branch are the two options left ..... ?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson12 View Post
..If they asked/found out about your training you would be done. The fact that you didn't go into fight mode immediately, or react offensively via muscle memory tells me you are at an advanced level..
I on the other hand question the word 'advanced training'. Taking a
punch could easily turn fatal if it lands 'just right'..if i'm approaching
anyone with words of "can you rather do such an such please", a trained
person has better foresight on outcomes/possbilities.
If i have just taken a punch,something most definatly has gone awry
with abilities reading body language/position,demeanor.

Last edited by tri777; 07-05-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrand View Post
If you and him had an interaction that got physical going over there is now out of the question.

You have the Right ( yes Right ) to " quiet peaceful enjoyment " of your property. If there is no noise bylaw and there is no other option and there is as you describe, an on going problem with noise that prevents you from your Right to quietly and peacefully enjoying your property your neighbour is committing Mischief (criminal code offence). Contact RCMP and ask them what information they want to prove the offence and start gathering that.

Don't go face to face with buddy if has has ready assaulted you.

I am not saying that every loud party or noise issue can or should be dealt with as a Mischief. But a prolonged intentional issue that has had reasonable opportunity to be corrected that keeps going can fit the Criminal Code Mischief.

Rotten situation to be in.
Good to see someone as an understanding and respect for the rule of law.

If the town/county/district employs peace officers I would contact them over the RCMP as the RCMP are actors playing two parts, enforcement and maintaining the peace, where the peace officers jurisdiction 'should' only extend to maintaining the peace.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-06-2014, 01:11 AM

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Clay mentioned that he is fairly punctual about the music shutting down at 11:00 seemingly to follow a bylaw. I have never heard about any noise bylaws allowing noise at that hour. After 7:00 PM is the norm.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson12 View Post
Yep, you are right. If it ended up your word against his, opinion would be against you right away given your age and build. If you would have left a mark on him and they asked/found out about your training you would be done. Then you'd have to worry about your bonded job, firearms possession, etc. This is Canada.

The fact that you didn't go into fight mode immediately, or react offensively via muscle memory tells me you are at an advanced level. And you've had a decent instructor that explained the consequences of using your training on the street.

As far as your problem goes, you've reported him so you're on the radar - if something happens to his place you'll probably be suspect no1 now. Looks like the law or the olive branch are the two options left ..... ?
Excuses for a man that could not act when he should.
Now he is on here lookin for support because he still can not make a decission when he need to.
With his "advance" self defence trainin I am sure that some one might have told him how to restrain and what legal right he has.
That is common when a person take fight classes and advance self defence or offense trainin.
He should have put the old man in a hold, arrested him and called the cops.
It is that simple as long as you do do not use too much force and that should be easy for a guy with advance trainin.
Any good instructor would be able to tell you that.

Be a man make decission not excuses.

Last edited by Stumpjumper; 07-06-2014 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpjumper View Post
Excuses for a man that could not act when he should.
Now he is on here lookin for support because he still can not make a decission when he need to.
With his "advance" self defence trainin I am sure that some one might have told him how to restrain and what legal right he has.
That is common when a person take fight classes and advance self defence or offense trainin.
He should have put the old man in a hold, arrested him and called the cops.
It is that simple as long as you do do not use too much force and that should be easy for a guy with advance trainin.
Any good instructor would be able to tell you that.

Be a man make decission not excuses.
I was wondering why he would take martial arts training if he is not willing or able to use it when needed. When I was younger I learned how to box, the reason being that I was tired of getting the crap kicked out of me. If he would have hit me he still would be picking gravel out of his teeth. Man up and do what you need to do to solve this problem or sit back and enjoy the music. I don't condone violence but if needed I don't have a problem. He hit you in the face, leave a mark? There are lots of places to land a blow that doesn't leave a mark. If he increases the violence then you got him. Get a witness to back you up and talk to him again. Make sure you leave someone at home while you are gone or GRC will take your guns while you are not at home.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Walk around naked on the road, when the music starts shake your money maker....
Alright phase two needs to be put into place if this does not work grasshopper!
Insure you have your black belt snugly tied around your naked midsection, stand in his driveway, face your adversaries direction, take the praying mantis stance and wait until he is within striking range...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-06-2014, 12:40 PM

Clay,
The way to solve it is to confront him again. Only this time have a dash camera.
This way when he hits you, you will have proof to charge him. Your reason for the dash cam when asked it for car accidents.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 07-06-2014, 12:46 PM

Quite the friendly neighbourhood. The guy sounds a little unstable.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:21 PM

I would probly go to his house at 3am and take his speakers smash them on his front door step and light them up. Walk away and then call in a fire at the nabours house from a pay as you go phone. If that dosent work the next set of speakes would have the magnants removed then reinstalled.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lgreenback View Post
Quite the friendly neighbourhood. The guy sounds a little unstable.
Wouldn't you be a bit unstable to if you were subjected to constant music all day?