Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 06:40 PM

What's going on ???

I don't speak Canadian politics ........ something on tv , but again I don't comprehend these ducks

Someone explain as you would a 12 year old please. Thanks. Hoping Turdo gets dropped ( in more ways than one )is my interest in this

And this isn't political.

I caught 3 rainbow trouts beginning of January on stock pond with my set and flag holder thingy
Old 02-27-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Nothing will happen

Canadian apathy will kick in

The RCMP will do nothing

People will watch all the media and lap it up then puke up another Trudeau victory in the next election.
Sadly you’re right on all accounts!

BW
Old 02-27-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Nothing will happen

Canadian apathy will kick in

The RCMP will do nothing

People will watch all the media and lap it up then puke up another Trudeau victory in the next election.
The RCMP will do nothing unless the top brass figures that Scheer will be the PM next fall. If they feel that is the case, they will go into self preservation mode, and go after Trudeau, to try and save their jobs.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:01 PM

You won't have to aggravate the Quebecois too much to get their attention.

Everyone votes with their WALLETS. Even Quebec.

All you have to do is demonstrate that the 20 Mill in Bribes paid by SNC to get the McGill Health Center Contract was the end of the bribes. The Bribes were an EXPENSE, not an INVESTMENT!!!

There is NO WAY that SNC or its connected people received any bribes or kick backs from the successful bidder on the Concrete contract!

There is NO WAY that SNC or its connected people received any bribes or kick backs from the successful bidder on the Structural Steel contract!

There is NO WAY that SNC or its connected people received any bribes or kick backs from the successful bidder on the Electrical and HVAC contract!

Quebec Tax Payers got good value for the 1.4 Billion Health Center SNC built for them!

And I am certain that there was no trickle down to any local politicians in Quebec either!

Trudeau and the Federal Liberals have NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

And if you tell me otherwise, I won't believe you!!!

All you have to do is look at ADSCAM under the Creten Liberals to see what integrity in Quebec is all about!!!

All the Liberal back room boys really learned a lesson the last time scandal was afoot. They would never do THAT AGAIN!!!

Drewski
Old 02-27-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
You won't have to aggravate the Quebecois too much to get their attention.

Everyone votes with their WALLETS. Even Quebec.

All you have to do is demonstrate that the 20 Mill in Bribes paid by SNC to get the McGill Health Center Contract was the end of the bribes. The Bribes were an EXPENSE, not an INVESTMENT!!!

There is NO WAY that SNC or its connected people received any bribes or kick backs from the successful bidder on the Concrete contract!

There is NO WAY that SNC or its connected people received any bribes or kick backs from the successful bidder on the Structural Steel contract!

There is NO WAY that SNC or its connected people received any bribes or kick backs from the successful bidder on the Electrical and HVAC contract!

Quebec Tax Payers got good value for the 1.4 Billion Health Center SNC built for them!

And I am certain that there was no trickle down to any local politicians in Quebec either!

Trudeau and the Federal Liberals have NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

And if you tell me otherwise, I won't believe you!!!

All you have to do is look at ADSCAM under the Creten Liberals to see what integrity in Quebec is all about!!!

All the Liberal back room boys really learned a lesson the last time scandal was afoot. They would never do THAT AGAIN!!!

Drewski
Love the sarcasm!

BW
Old 02-27-2019, 07:09 PM

Quebec, the Canadian headquarters for both the mafia and Hells Angel's. SNC fits right in with these criminal organizations. As for a second term for Trudeau, it should be a prison term.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:17 PM

Talking

The only thing she could have done to make her testimony better - would have been to call the PM ... 'Justiin'
Old 02-27-2019, 07:29 PM

This isn't just about SNC. No way. The pressure to give SNC a DPA was openly talked about for months and months. Inside the party, squabbling about an issue that could make or break them in the next election is gonna get talked about. A LOT.

She basically said "up to this point I thought the pressure was legit, then after it started to annoy me, boom then it is unethical."

Whaaat?

I'm sure the entire liberal party, the entire caucus was saying "What the hell Judy, you're going to torpedo the whole show!"

2 things, first what is this really about, the indigenous framework thing? The pipeline? Cause it sure ain't just SNC

Second, I don't fault the liberals for crapping their pants about SNC, think of what a conservative party would do if their AG was going to torpedo a oil pipeline company for getting into a bribery scam in Nigeria over some oil development. Pretty much the price of doing business in those kinds of countries. No, I fault Justin for putting himself in this is stupid position, for being duped and stupid in general, that's why he needs to go.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:08 PM

I don't know a lot about Canadian politics so sorry if it's a stupid question.
If Trudeau would step down, what would happen next? Early new elections? Or would he be replaced by someone from his party that leads Canada until the next election?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:10 PM

I don’t think Trudeau did anything ethically wrong and he should have come out against jwr like she has come out against the liberal inner circle. This lets people see however how Trudeau just wings it however he wants things to turn out. I am disappointed in scheer I haven’t heard any honest commentary from him he just piles on wherever the media takes him. He should should think about the precedent to blow up cabinet secrecy over something like this and the lavalin prosecution is still on. It’s ordinary dirty politics as far as I can see and scheer is posing way to far above it to be real
Old 02-27-2019, 08:14 PM

You lost me completely at 'I don't think Trudeau did anything ethically wrong'....seriously? Trying to politically interfere in a prosecution, having no respect for the rule of law, all that good stuff isn't ethically wrong? Wow Marxman, I have no words...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-27-2019, 08:19 PM

Why didn't she leave the party after being treated badly? So if Trudeau steps down, and Morneau and others are also incriminated, who takes over as leader and PM? Does anyone else see possibly becoming PM as a reason for her staying in the party?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 PM

Trudeau would never step down. Far too arrogant and entitled.

Id like to see another convoy go to Ottawa, plus one.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:27 PM

One of the key political principals that separates us from a dictatorship is the separation of legislative and judicial powers. This is an incredible and repugnant overstep and misuse of power in order to protect oneself's political interest. However, sadly I think this has been going on for quite some time, not only in the Liberal government but in many others. It is high time that our Attorney General was separate from the government.

Between Raybold and Cohen I can't take my eyes of the moral implosion that is the Canadian and US governments.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:31 PM

Absolutely right about that HS.

The sad thing for me is, I don't have that much faith that a Conservative PM Scheer, and Kenney as Premier, will make a damn bit of difference anyway. Just a different flavor of politician, and so far the only honest one I've seen is Jody Wilson Raybould....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-27-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
You lost me completely at 'I don't think Trudeau did anything ethically wrong'....seriously? Trying to politically interfere in a prosecution, having no respect for the rule of law, all that good stuff isn't ethically wrong? Wow Marxman, I have no words...
We don’t know that there is an ethical problem with letting lavalin off the the hook with the legislation the liberals passed for that purpose only that jwr thinks it inappropriate that she was pressured. Which is ridiculous in my opinion and why isn’t anybody arguing over whether what Trudeau and his cronies wanted to do is in itself unethical instead of how they pushed for it
Old 02-27-2019, 08:34 PM
Banned

It's time to write a canadian constitution.

Now!

Yesterday!!!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Banned

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/tr...vQ0nSuhG90AGVg

Protecting canadian jobs one pump at a time.....
Old 02-27-2019, 08:47 PM

Canada is just one of the many Banana Republics of the world.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 02-27-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
We don’t know that there is an ethical problem with letting lavalin off the the hook with the legislation the liberals passed for that purpose only that jwr thinks it inappropriate that she was pressured. Which is ridiculous in my opinion and why isn’t anybody arguing over whether what Trudeau and his cronies wanted to do is in itself unethical instead of how they pushed for it
If the legislation was not passed until after the actions by SNC took place, then it would be unethical to try and apply the legislation to deal with the actions by SNC. You don't change the laws to excuse crimes that have already been commited.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 PM

We are acting as if the Liberals were trying to bribe a judge to find SNC not guilty. We are talking sentencing, not the judgement. Do you punish them this way or that way.

Just imagine in your wildest dreams what Alberta would be saying if one of our oil companies got caught bribing some jerk in Nigeria, and the AG chose to punish them so that they had to cancel an upgrader HERE. Suddenly 1000 construction jobs just went POOF. They shut down their offices in Calgary. Well thank goodness, Calgary can't cope with so many corporate office jobs, they're bursting at the seems.

We would all howl for her head on a silver platter. If Scheer were in that position he would do the same damn thing.

No, Justin is an idiot for ever allowing himself to be in this position. And again, no way JWR tries to take down the whole government based on SNC alone. She wanted something, didn't get it, and she's gonna make Justin pay. I don't trust her, and Justin is an idiot.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:54 PM

JWR could have quoted Clint Eastwood: This is a cluster **** sir.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Banned

I thought politic threads warren an automatic suspension?? Or is this ok because everyone hates Trudeau?

It's actually a crazy story to follow. Should be an interesting couple weeks as they sort out what to do.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:05 PM

Just imagine all the stuff this lier will promise us before the election.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:14 PM

Keep it clean and lay-off the snide comments and it will continue. Only takes one to make this thread go poof
Old 02-27-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
I don’t think Trudeau did anything ethically wrong and he should have come out against jwr like she has come out against the liberal inner circle. This lets people see however how Trudeau just wings it however he wants things to turn out. I am disappointed in scheer I haven’t heard any honest commentary from him he just piles on wherever the media takes him. He should should think about the precedent to blow up cabinet secrecy over something like this and the lavalin prosecution is still on. It’s ordinary dirty politics as far as I can see and scheer is posing way to far above it to be real
You will continue to Be blind to anything that is against the way you vote. That’s alright. You have a right to an opinion.

How are they going to have over 14 different people dismiss what she said?

14 different people. If she wanted to lie, she would not have brought in that many stories to defend.

It’s pretty clear what happened here. You don’t need to believe it. That’s ok.

And Justin can continue giving non answers. Trust me. People outside of Alberta will get real tired of that soon.

His arrogance is outstanding. In his his press conference he kept saying voters will have a chance to determine his fate in the next election. I guess him lying and backing presssure on herbto do his will has nothing to do with anything.

Unbelievable.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:46 PM
Banned

Here’s what I got from Justin:

It never happened, JWR is a liar.......but if I did do it it’s because I was protecting jobs.

Never pass on an opportunity to pander to Quebec voters!

On another topic.......As a Veteran I have been following the Vice Admiral Mark Norman court case. There may have been political interference from the highest levels of the PMO (Butts, Telford and Justin himself). Hopefully, this will turn out to be the other shoe dropping.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...u-senior-staff
Old 02-27-2019, 09:57 PM

“Quebec jobs”

Just unbelievable
Closed Thread