Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Lougheed!! Sold us out to Trudeau and Lalonde, he was a COWARD!!
Worse than that, my friend....

He told us he was promised a floor price of $18/bbl and we should take the short term pain for our long term gain. I remember his television address.

We took the pain. The last figures I saw were around 1999 when that promise, with prime interest, had run up to $80B.

He sold us down the river.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
as far as the teachers go, yes, she responded swiftly with 107 million tax payer dollars that you and I have paid....with not yet a whiff of where that came from, when the richest jurisidiction in North America is running a deficit?????...hope, really hope you're just trolling and not that incredibly naive
trolling and naive because his opinion differs from hal the allmighty !!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
quite troubling that this is the same party that ran ads a couple weeks ago saying " we are not your fathers PC"s???" WTF!!!!!!!
Good call, Hal. That requires a bold highlight now that Alison is reaching out for Peter Lougheed's endorsement.
Banned

Darius my friend, you are one of the best promoters of the Wild Rose Party that I have ever seen.

God Bless you my son.

Keep up the posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer123 View Post
Thirty years ago, Premier Peter Lougheed presented a vision that inspired Albertans to think bigger than ever before. This vision inspired a young Alison Redford, then president of the Progressive Conservative Youth Association, to envision an Alberta that was a leader in Canada and the world.
Yes and at one time we had dinosaurs,both they and the PC party have served their purpose and are a thing of the past.

Loughed kissed Trudue butt and then left us Getty,thats a heck of a legacy to be proud of. Its time to let a new party have a go,they will make their mistakes,everbody does,but as a new party hopefully they wont so arogant as to ignore them
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
trolling and naive because his opinion differs from hal the allmighty !!
Thank you....now ..take a hike,,,just so you know, since you've retired Oprah is NOT off the air, she has her own network,you might want to check it out???.....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you....now ..take a hike,,,just so you know, since you've retired Oprah is NOT off the air, she has her own network,you might want to check it out???.....
laffin at all the slingin of " troll ' word because some guys don 't agree verbatim with the wr platform .

thanks for all the laughs folks .!

do you guys run around at night kickin over pc and liberal signs as well ?

ps - whos oprah ?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Why so grumpy these days, Horse? Too much time on the fishing forum? You and Chubb have a quarrel?
No not grumpy at all, in fact things could not be better lots of work so just sit in the office watch he money roll in go for lunch check out a couple buildings life is good. just ordered a new trailer for bass fishing in BC. Was just talking to chubb and mike about a fishing trip. I know if I bug HAL a little bit more he'll blow a vein and won't see him for a week or to so all is good. any other questions......
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
This link tells you pretty much all you need to know.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/searc...archid=7072164

You'll be hard pressed not to find some sort of non-troll comments.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
The Progressive Conservative party believes that the government needs to be accountable for using your tax dollars wisely. This is why Premier Redford didn’t call an election until the budget was passed – to be transparent and open about the intentions of the government so the voters could make a truly informed decision.
This is the biggest joke I heard during this campaign to date. I think above statement is making me noxious. I got to go empty my stomach right about now.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Potato Farmer?
Now THAT'S funny!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
Try to contribute something at least. Its not really that hard. Is it ???
I gather your asking ME because you sure haven't managed to contribute.
So no it is not hard try it some time ....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
laffin at all the slingin of " troll ' word because some guys don 't agree verbatim with the wr platform .

thanks for all the laughs folks .!

do you guys run around at night kickin over pc and liberal signs as well ?

ps - whos oprah ?

don't have to kick them over, as you will be busy next Tuesday picking them up....remember you have only so long to get all 4 of them off the roads
Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Worse than that, my friend....

He told us he was promised a floor price of $18/bbl and we should take the short term pain for our long term gain. I remember his television address.

We took the pain. The last figures I saw were around 1999 when that promise, with prime interest, had run up to $80B.

Actually Rock I don't want to get on your bad side but it was Joe Clark who won a minority, then holed up in Jasper Park Lodge for a couple of weeks, scared spitless, curled up in his jammies crying for his mommy.
Then came up with his "short term pain for long term gain" brainwave.
Trudeau came out of retirement and crushed him in the next election. After which Marc Lalonde sprung NEP. And Lougheed swallowed the Kool-aide.
Either way Redford's two heros aren't exactly bulletproof.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonH View Post
This is the biggest joke I heard during this campaign to date. I think above statement is making me noxious. I got to go empty my stomach right about now.
Re-read his post next week at this time, I have a feeling you will feel much better about it then....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
don't have to kick them over, as you will be busy next Tuesday picking them up....remember you have only so long to get all 4 of them off the roads
you make so many wrong assumptions . .

just cause im not spitting all over my shirt proclaiming my political opinion is the only one ?

you make assumptions based on my silence . .

very funny how this plays out . .
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Waugh View Post
Actually Rock I don't want to get on your bad side but it was Joe Clark who won a minority, then holed up in Jasper Park Lodge for a couple of weeks, scared spitless, curled up in his jammies crying for his mommy.
Trudeau came out of retirement and crushed him in the next election. After which Marc Lalonde sprung NEP. And Lougheed swallowed the Kool-aide.
actually I thought Joe blew it after nine months with his gasoline tax increase??? Chretien smeared him and then pretty much doubled the 9 cents that Joe had envisioned???...or are my eyes crossed too much from trying to understand D's. posts????
Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Thirty years ago, Premier Peter Lougheed presented a vision that inspired Albertans to think bigger than ever before. This vision inspired a young Alison Redford, then president of the Progressive Conservative Youth Association, to envision an Alberta that was a leader in Canada and the world.
Is that you Alison ??
If so too little too late. The property rights bills cost you rural Alberta but the education bill didn't help either.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Darius my friend, you are one of the best promoters of the Wild Rose Party that I have ever seen.

God Bless you my son.

Keep up the posts.
find one post where i have proclaimed who i support politically .
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
actually I thought Joe blew it after nine months with his gasoline tax increase??? Chretien smeared him and then pretty much doubled the 9 cents that Joe had envisioned???...or are my eyes crossed too much from trying to understand D's. posts????
That is what I remembered, Hal, except Neil was correct in that it was Turdo that came out of retirement and doubled the gas tax after rubbing Joe Clark's sucker face in it.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 PM

Robbie can go ahead and cancel that password. I think that's the last we'll hear from the Fake Farmer.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Waugh View Post
Nope.

The NEP was in MacEachern's 1980 Liberal budget. It was delivered October 28, 1980. That was Black Tuesday in Alberta. Trudeau was the mastermind behind it. He was trying to ape what Venezuela had done. Marc LaLonde was his henchman. I heard years later that LaLonde admitted one of their motivations was to stem the flow of capital from Toronto to Calgary. Regardless, it was an economic tsunami and it was done on purpose.

Our Premier on Black Tuesday (and for 4 more years) was Peter Lougheed.

May I respectfully suggest you find and read a book called "Oil, the State and Federalism" written by a Norwegian Ph.D. student named Fossum. The editors made him tone it down a lot out of fear of starting civil unrest in Alberta, but it's a decent story of what happened, how and why.

edit: Were you maybe thinking about Clark's support for Petro Canada? I think he did get behind that and, in that sense, supported the N.E.P. Anyway, I certainly agree with your assessment of Joe Who as a bottom feeder who also pawned himself off as a "conservative". He urged CPC members to vote for Paul Martin in the 2006 Federal election because Harper was too "scary". Arrrghhh.

Last edited by Rocky7; 04-16-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Joe Who?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned

They say that politics make strange bed fellows so I think I will leave you guys alone before you start kissing ......man the priest is going to hate you ....WOW
Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
PC election promises have been fully costed and are available on there website. Not all parties have done this. It is important to keep in mind that the 2012 budget as passed remains intact. All campaign pledges are for future years, and do not threaten there ability to start running a surplus next year. Also, some promises are dependent upon surpluses in future years, so that they do not risk running a deficit.
Farmer,
Is this comment to be taken as Pc truth?

If so, I would then have to call the comment a Pc Lie, or yet another example of Pc Hypocrisy.

No party has provided a cost to all of their promises. The Liberal party has come the closest to satisfying this evaluation of promises. Whether the party evaluations are valid is another discussion.

See all the data in pdf at this link.
http://taxpayer.com/alberta/ab-provi...n-spend-o-thon
Old 04-16-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
They say that politics make strange bed fellows so I think I will leave you guys alone before you start kissing ......man the priest is going to hate you ....WOW
So who are you trading horses with tonight...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

since we are derailing ;

there is only one party that said they would reduce the seats from 83 to 65 .
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 PM

Exclamation wth

I've been reading alot of the posts in this thread and many reports on various people and issues.

Either the derailing quits, and members stop acting like teenagers taking shots on one another, or this thread WILL be shut down and infractions WILL be handed out to specific individuals. Come on people

Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
No not grumpy at all, in fact things could not be better lots of work so just sit in the office watch he money roll in go for lunch check out a couple buildings life is good. just ordered a new trailer for bass fishing in BC. Was just talking to chubb and mike about a fishing trip. I know if I bug HAL a little bit more he'll blow a vein and won't see him for a week or to so all is good. any other questions......
Yeah......can I come too?

Glad to hear all is well.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Yeah......can I come too?

Glad to hear all is well.
Ya but ya gota get outa that tree first......lol