Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Smartest thing said so far regarding this subject. Hope it all ends up well.
Same here. How anyone could wish for anything but a happy ending no matter what circumstances lead to this escapes me. Here's hoping for a happy reunion with friends and family.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:04 PM

Default The search continues

My name is Rod Sinclair. I rarely post anything other than the odd picture on this site but thought I would provide a few facts regarding the search for Taylor. I have been sharing the role as acting Volunteer Search Team Lead with one other person in Taylors disapperance. We have had up to 50+ people in the begining looking for Taylor in conjuction with PCSAR and RCMP. The RCMP flew the 5km+ radius area near Taylors home. Dogs were brought in also to find clues starting at Taylors home. Niether effort turned up any clues and as a result the authorities have stood down as of Saturday Dec 7th but they fully support the volunteer efforts that continue on. We were finally able to get a chopper in the air this past Thursday for two hours before the winds shut us down however no clues were found. We also had support from IsisGeomatics from Lethbridge with thier drones but wind conditions kept them grounded for the most part. We and his family have been out searching every day in every known place Taylor might have gone to along with the entire area south to Wateton Park, north to Porcupine Hills east to Brocket and west into the Crownest Pass for the past 13 days. Weather has been a major hinderence but we continue to search including today with more plans tomorrow Dec 15th. For those of us with boots on the ground our foucus has not been on the why's but the where.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:18 PM

Your a good man Hoofsandhorns. Wish I could help. Good on you.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofsandhorns View Post
My name is Rod Sinclair. I rarely post anything other than the odd picture on this site but thought I would provide a few facts regarding the search for Taylor. I have been sharing the role as acting Volunteer Search Team Lead with one other person in Taylors disapperance. We have had up to 50+ people in the begining looking for Taylor in conjuction with PCSAR and RCMP. The RCMP flew the 5km+ radius area near Taylors home. Dogs were brought in also to find clues starting at Taylors home. Niether effort turned up any clues and as a result the authorities have stood down as of Saturday Dec 7th but they fully support the volunteer efforts that continue on. We were finally able to get a chopper in the air this past Thursday for two hours before the winds shut us down however no clues were found. We also had support from IsisGeomatics from Lethbridge with thier drones but wind conditions kept them grounded for the most part. We and his family have been out searching every day in every known place Taylor might have gone to along with the entire area south to Wateton Park, north to Porcupine Hills east to Brocket and west into the Crownest Pass for the past 13 days. Weather has been a major hinderence but we continue to search including today with more plans tomorrow Dec 15th. For those of us with boots on the ground our foucus has not been on the why's but the where.
^

After all the *&^%$#@ BS that has gone on in this thread ... finally someone makes a post of real true substance. Thank-you Hoofsandhorns!

All 'The Best' to all the volunteers ... God speed!

Mac
Old 12-14-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger CS View Post
Your so up your a_ _ I doubt you know what day it is. He is not the kind of guy who would be afraid of a scolding, nor is he the kind of guy who would put his friends and family through this kind of hell. And all you have to worry about is who is paying for this. Get a life!
when I posted this ,the only info was ,teenages not talking. now somepeople are talking ,now it`s back to a lost teenager and not a spoiled kid hiding from his deads. so now that it is appearing to be a legitamite LOST. then may they find him safe, If it`s a scam ,well.P.S. you are very perseptive I do not know what day of the week it is until I get on here.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:30 PM

Hoping for the best for you guys and the family. Stay safe and good luck.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:10 AM

I know this forum has its fair share of post *****s but wow. I really hope Taylor realizes what happened is not that big of a deal and just comes home. Thanks to all that are helping out and making a difference. Not just sitting in their chairs and criticizing.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 AM

Hope hes found safe, Kudos to all the searchers,
and Pincherguy, hope your son is okay, I know when I knew I screwed up, the last person I wanted to talk about it to was the person I respected most and wanted to dissapoint the least, make sure he knows you love him, and that he is not responsible for the other young mans decision, feeling guilty about him being out there would be a terrible burden.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
Hope hes found safe, Kudos to all the searchers,
and Pincherguy, hope your son is okay, I know when I knew I screwed up, the last person I wanted to talk about it to was the person I respected most and wanted to dissapoint the least, make sure he knows you love him, and that he is not responsible for the other young mans decision, feeling guilty about him being out there would be a terrible burden.
Very well said. +1
Old 12-15-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
there is no deception here. The only thing his friends are doing is search franticly for him. Please keep these kind of comments to yourself
I believe one of the first comments,was one of the teenages ,knew stuff and refused to tell his dad about it. The issue I`m interested in is that ,he may be camped out in town getting patied up ,while people risk their lives looking for him...If all the people on here now ranting ,had stepped to the plate at the start ,the people on here would be on the same page,THE early deseption laid out there is what has made people ,get a reserved attitude.I know that country well, I was one of the outfit that made all the campgrounds and trails .for the tourists to go play on.If he is smart enough to hole up he will survive.Lots of broken bones in that country,so he could very well be in trouble.There is no way to change,deseption to compassion. But he needs to get foiund..because he is a human. let the law sort the rest of it out.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:25 PM

The details are really none of anyone's business and people should keep their noses out of it and shut up. So yeah... difficult to help if people don't really know what's going on.

I emailed the rcmp about a good hiding spot. No reply so not sure if they cared.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Here's a question for the guys doing the search: Is it possible he crossed the border into Montana? Has anyone checked with the border guards?

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 12-15-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
Here's a question for the guys doing the search: Is it possible he crossed the border into Montana? Has anyone checked with the border guards?
Always figure if you truly want to find someone, you've got to put out all the relevant facts. the Homey outdoors pictures at the beginning of this thread look like a Red Herring. Sounds like they're actually looking for someone freeing responsibility and doesn't want to be found. Let's cut the crap.

Grizz
Old 12-15-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Always figure if you truly want to find someone, you've got to put out all the relevant facts. the Homey outdoors pictures at the beginning of this thread look like a Red Herring. Sounds like they're actually looking for someone freeing responsibility and doesn't want to be found. Let's cut the crap.

Grizz
We are looking for a scared young man, for what ever reason he is missing is not crap. He is missing and we need to find him. Anyway thanks for your comment if nothing else it bumped this to the top again.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Banned

Why isn't teenage son who knows something talking by now? I think if this kid is worried about impaired driving causing his crash he should be good and sober by now.

When I was a teenager and something like this happened I'd be singing like a canary once it got this serious. If not I think my dad would of kicked my ass all over town until I did.

Whatever he did doesn't really matter now. In comparison to being missing for so long it's nothing.

His poster is up around Cochrane, but I agree I think the full facts need to be heard so people can make an informed decision on how to look for him.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
Why isn't teenage son who knows something talking by now? I think if this kid is worried about impaired driving causing his crash he should be good and sober by now.

When I was a teenager and something like this happened I'd be singing like a canary once it got this serious. If not I think my dad would of kicked my ass all over town until I did.

Whatever he did doesn't really matter now. In comparison to being missing for so long it's nothing.

His poster is up around Cochrane, but I agree I think the full facts need to be heard so people can make an informed decision on how to look for him.
And just how is knowing the full story gonna help find a missing man any faster when nobody knows where he is? Thats the main objective here.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
Having worked LE in Montana, most times if someone is lost they will put out an ATL (Attempt to Locate) the individual to the surrounding counties/states. I know I've received Amber Alerts from Alberta when I was stationed down on the MT-WY border. Can't say in this case as I'm not involved but its a possibility the RCMP has shared the info with local authorities cross the border. If they did that I imagine the Border guards have that info as well.

We had a search for a guy this spring that lasted over a month... I hope this story has a better ending than ours did.... Good luck to all the searchers and prayers for the family/friends of the lost man.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:

With all due respect it is about finding where the young man is, not why he is there. It is not about anything or anybody else. There are many people close to him who are hurting badly and need to stay as positive as possible.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
And just how is knowing the full story gonna help find a missing man any faster when nobody knows where he is? Thats the main objective here.
Having spent close to half my life working in a job that often required me to look for missing people I can say one thing with certainty, the small details are everything.
If teenage son isn't talking, who knows what is being withheld. The mere fact he isn't talking suggests there's a lot more to this. And that fact would drastically change how I would co ordinate a search.
I'm not saying they need to be posted here. But the facts do need to be found. And they do need to be given to those actively searching for him.
Most police agencies with any real experience will have set questions to be answered at the outset. Unfortunately Canadian police agencies are about 50 years behind in this respect.
The biggest line of enquiry from the details posted so far lie with getting the full story from this son who won't talk.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
With all due respect it is about finding where the young man is, not why he is there. It is not about anything or anybody else. There are many people close to him who are hurting badly and need to stay as positive as possible.
The best way to find where someone is, is normally to find why they are there.
There is always a why. And if that's not know then it makes the rest bloody difficult.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
The best way to find where someone is, is normally to find why they are there.
There is always a why. And if that's not know then it makes the rest bloody difficult.
Quick question.
And not just to the above quote.
Who here would be down south burning leather looking for this guy if they had more answers?

If answers would get you searching, speak up.
If your never going to help, perhaps it's best if you just wish everyone good luck and safe travels.

Jamie
Old 12-15-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Quick question.
And not just to the above quote.
Who here would be down south burning leather looking for this guy if they had more answers?

If answers would get you searching, speak up.
If your never going to help, perhaps it's best if you just wish everyone good luck and safe travels.

Jamie
Well put Jamie

In reading through this thread, it's obvious that it has a high population of Little Ol' Ladies who want to know all the details and the whys, but have no intention of putting their boots on the ground

Last edited by Gray Wolf; 12-15-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Well put Jamie

In reading through this thread, it's obvious that it has a high population of Little Ol' Ladies who want to know all the details and the whys, but have no intention of putting their boots on the ground
As I said above, I don't personally think the facts need to be told here.
Equally so, I think the people here who are willing to assist deserve to not have contradicting stories. Sure don't them all the details, but give them a straight answer to start from.
But the teenage son should be made to talk to the people actively looking for the missing guy. I'm surprised the kid hasn't been dragged in by the RCMP by now for some firm questioning.
There is a lot of expertise in various fields on here. So getting the story out, by whatever means, may just put one of those people in a position to help.

I would love to assist in anyway I can. I have a lot of experience and would be willing to offer that in anyway I could. Not knowing that area at all heading down there wouldn't help. However, I would be willing to assist in other ways if that would be useful.

Having an objective view can often lead to breakthroughs that those closer involved don't see.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
As I said above, I don't personally think the facts need to be told here.
Equally so, I think the people here who are willing to assist deserve to not have contradicting stories. Sure don't them all the details, but give them a straight answer to start from.
But the teenage son should be made to talk to the people actively looking for the missing guy. I'm surprised the kid hasn't been dragged in by the RCMP by now for some firm questioning.
There is a lot of expertise in various fields on here. So getting the story out, by whatever means, may just put one of those people in a position to help.

I would love to assist in anyway I can. I have a lot of experience and would be willing to offer that in anyway I could. Not knowing that area at all heading down there wouldn't help. However, I would be willing to assist in other ways if that would be useful.

Having an objective view can often lead to breakthroughs that those closer involved don't see.
Pincherguy already stated that his son was talking. Just not to him.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
Turns out my kid is just not talking to me, he is cooperating with everyone else
Taylor does not have a sister, they were drinking and they hit a light pole. They made a run for it until the truck quit and he left on foot from there. My kid stayed put and waited for the RCMP. If there was a police chase it was not a high speed one. As far as I know he has never been in trouble and I have known him for 19 of his 22 years.
Right here.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Banned

All I know is that if I ever go missing... I sure as hell hope nobody posts it on this forum.
I'd rather be dead than have a bunch of hens pecking away at me like this.

Unbelievable folks.

I do believe that as impossible as it might have seemed...we've reached an all time low.

There must be a dozen missing persons threads here every year.

I suppose that it was inevitable that eventually one would go sideways but wow...who ever would have imagined that it would morph into an online lynching by a bunch of guys looking to entertain themselves.

Some of you...should be ashamed of yourselves.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
Pincherguy already stated that his son was talking. Just not to him.
Ah. Fair enough. I missed that.

That's good.
Well hopefully he's found soon.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 AM

Some real winners on here sometimes.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
All I know is that if I ever go missing... I sure as hell hope nobody posts it on this forum.
I'd rather be dead than have a bunch of hens pecking away at me like this.

Unbelievable folks.

I do believe that as impossible as it might have seemed...we've reached an all time low.

There must be a dozen missing persons threads here every year.

I suppose that it was inevitable that eventually one would go sideways but wow...who ever would have imagined that it would morph into an online lynching by a bunch of guys looking to entertain themselves.

Some of you...should be ashamed of yourselves.
I agree with your post...very well said.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-16-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_dave View Post
The details are really none of anyone's business and people should keep their noses out of it and shut up. So yeah... difficult to help if people don't really know what's going on.

I emailed the rcmp about a good hiding spot. No reply so not sure if they cared.
I would hope he`s on a drunken binge with many young ladies,BUT have the rangers checked on the caves down there, if he crawled into one to get out of the weather, it may of been occupied.There is lots of em in that country.Do they have any collered critters there that show as bedded down for the winter.