Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2017, 08:59 AM

Smile Another Calgarian

Hello all. Came across this site a few years ago and peeked in occasionally. After a bit of moving around I'm back in Calgary with a bit more time to enjoy. Hoping to pick up suggestions on outdoor activities to explore the province. Cheers
Old 08-03-2017, 11:36 AM

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi before I get started. I did quite a bit of hunting and fishing with my dad until I was about 11 or so but haven't in the 24 years since so I'm essentially brand new to it all.

Just starting to take my own son (8) out fishing and camping and so far we're loving it! We live in Calgary and tend to stick in the Southern/Central Alberta area just due to travel time constraints.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:48 PM

Been lurking here for a few years, bought quite a few items from the Buy and Sell. As my name implies, I have been hunting sheep mostly in BC for close to 50 years now. Happy to be a member
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 PM

Default New from BC

Hey outdoorsmen! New guy here from Kamloops BC. Heard about the forum through the rookie hunter podcast. Interested in everything from moose, Elk and deer to salmon and trout. Happy to be here!
Old 08-05-2017, 12:12 PM

Default Ahoy!

Hey everyone,

Edmonton born and raised. Always lived in the city and enjoyed camping when I could. I've recently got approved for my R/PAL (after 6 months and a stern phone call) and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival in the mail. I've always camped in designated camp sites and am looking to do some back country exploring and hunting.

It seems as though there are many knowelgable memebers on this forum. I'd be happy to get to know everyone and be grateful if anyone would take a new hunter under their wing.

See you in the forums ladies and gentlemen,

-GrizzlyBeard
Old 09-08-2017, 12:26 AM

Default Hello

Hello all,
I'm Alice a new member of this forum from USA, California. I love online gaming and I just want to tell you guys that It is my passion. I always have a desire to play new and latest games on my gaming monitor. If someone knows the latest game then tell me please.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:51 PM

Default Introduction

Hi I am new here. I am a 38 year old female with limited outdoors experience. I am trying to learn and experience more.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Banned

Hi everybody. Kinda new to hunting and fishing. Been into guns a while now. Early 40's dude from Calgary. Into a lot of sports and looking forward to learning how to fill a freezer each fall and possibly meet some people.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:59 AM

Default New member Intro

Hello new member for United States, been lurking on the site for a while now, actually learnt a lot, finally decided to register.. feels good to be here.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:05 PM

Hey guys,

I'm located in Saskatoon but grew up in Lloydminster, so hopefully I'm welcome here!
Old 12-04-2017, 02:27 PM

Default Hello

Hello all. I am new here, and to forums, so... real newbie here. Northern Alberta boy, hunting and fishing all my life, and pack in the mountains on horseback. For fun. One day I will make it a hunting trip, but for now it's just the most work-intense holiday you could know.
Always been a lever gun guy. (If anybody knows anybody looking to give away an original Winchester 1886 in 45-70 I would give it a loving home in my saddle scabbard) but my eyes are getting worse, so I have been moving into the bolt action scoped rifle world.
Also recently acquired a brand new fishing boat! No more dragging one to the shore, packin the motor fuel tank and such.... back er in and go. Now pretty upset the water went stiff... anyway, i hope thats enough for now.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:26 AM

Default Hello Hello!

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Nowell, I'm a 25 year old avid waterfowl and predator hunter from Viscount Saskatchewan. I work as an Industrial Electrician around Western Canada.

Being raised on the farm I took a big interest in hunting right off the hop. My grandfather took me under his wing and showed me a few tricks of the trade. Ive always been into decoying animals wether it be ducks/ geese or predators it never seems to get old, I try and let my friends do the shooting, although it is fun to get a bit of trigger time myself.

I hope to meet a few people on this forum who are as passionate about the sport of hunting as I am. If anyone lives in the Saskatchewan area don't be afraid to message me, good hunting partners are tough to come by these days.

If you would like to know more, check out our youtube channel, here you can catch a glimpse of the waterfowl hunting we enjoy.
Regards,
Nowell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc..._as=subscriber
Old 03-19-2018, 09:40 AM

Default repair guy

I'm Jerry, working with a truck repair company, love the outdoors. Takin my canoe out and fishing or hunting are the best.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:46 AM

Default Intro

Been following AO for a while. Glad to be part of a great information forum. Enjoy t he outdoors in general. Hunting and fishing.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:57 PM

Hello,

My name is Brodie and I am brand new to this site and hunting as well. I am originally from New Brunswick but have not lived there in 18 years. I am here for work and hoping to get lot's of hunting and fishing under my belt.

Cheers
Old 08-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Hello everyone!

Would like to introduce myself and my newly wedded wife as of July 28th, 2018!
We have always been eager campers and rather spend our time in the bush than being anywhere in the city. We camp and quad a lot, and went out hunting for our first time last year with a few friends and were hooked!
We might be new but would love to listen to any input and advice.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:42 AM

Thumbs up Hi there

Howdy boys (and maybe some girls)!

Just registered today.

Looking forward to some good reads!
Old 12-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Default Hello

new to this site. hope to wheel and deal soon.

take care.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:56 PM

Default Introduction

Hey my name is William.
I’ve been hunting since I was legal to do so with my dad. Mostly deer elk and moose. I’m getting into sheep hunting so if anyone has any tips for a new sheep hunter please feel free to pm me.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbkkcc View Post
new to this site. hope to wheel and deal soon.

take care.
yeah, aren't we all right.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:18 AM

Default Introduction

My name is Travis. I have just got into hunting and fishing this year and hope to be able to use this forum as a resource to learn more.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:14 AM
Banned

Default Greetings

I wish someone is going to see this. I am just want to make moment to introduce myself to this amazing forum. My name is Nicholas. I am an avid hunter and love shooting. Greetings!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2019, 08:55 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm from Airdrie, and have been hunting for 3 seasons, and this past season has marked my first successful one with a mule doe. I am looking forward to many more years and experiences in the field.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:32 PM

Default My intro.

Hi Everyone,

Been a lurker here for a while, really enjoy this forum. Have lived in Parkland County for close to 30 years, grew up in northern Alberta. Love fishing, snowmobiling, canoeing, anything outdoors. Bit of a self taught mechanic, love to fix things and anything auto related.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Banned

Default Nice meeting you all!

Hi everyone! It's great to be here and meeting you folks.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:48 AM

Default Just another Newbie

Hello to all,

Fairly new to Alberta, having moved to the Foothills (212) just a few months ago. Looking to improve my fishing and get into some hunting, though I am a newbie for sure. Have lots of field experience from my military time, but hunting itself is a new game for me.

I have a very small 3 acre piece of land in the Foothills MD and trying to figure out what my options are for bow hunting in the area or even on my property. I have Elk and White tail pass through daily. Also plenty coyotes.

Fairly new to Bow, so I need to improve these skills first. Also looking to expand my knowledge on hunting birds and other game in AB. I am probably too late for this season, but there might still be a chance.. Safety training done (Texas) and am working on my WIN etc.

Still a little confused about some of the rules as they relate to 212
Old 12-10-2019, 09:53 PM

Default Greetings

I am new to Traditional archery and lived in Calgary for a yr and a half. Looking forward to learning and improving my archery skills and maybe collect a few bows along the way when my wife doesn't object . I am a former farmer and an entomologist and enjoy the outdoors and nature. Hopefully I will gain invaluable insights from this forum.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:39 AM

Default Hi Everyone

Sort of new to hunting, used to hunt grouse when I was quite a bit younger.
Just starting to get back into it. Just finished up getting all the required documentation in order.
Going to head out this summer for a few scouting trips around the Calgary area, see if we can locate some potential spots.
If nothing else it is a good excuse to get out and explore our province, and enjoy time with friends and meet new ones.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:44 AM

Default Hello fellow outdoorsman

Hello all

My names Justin and I'm an avid hunter. I hunt with both compound bow and rifle. Honestly love hunting with my bow much better. I am also an avid fisherman.. I love fly fishing and I tie all my own flies. I center pin fish in BC alot for Salmon and Steelhead!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Last edited by Rx1hunter; 12-05-2019 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to add about fishing
Old 01-14-2020, 04:57 PM

Default New here

hi everyone I’m new here.