Banned

I like paragraphs!

Necrothread.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
I like paragraphs!

Necrothread.
May be a Necrothread but has a very current piece of information.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:35 PM

Default Report

I'm sorry for your lousy experience guys, maybe report him to APOS so you can feel just a little more frustrated and ignored! Tongue in cheek.
Dream hunts gone bad are the worst, I feel for you and have been a part of one or two.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMhuntress View Post
On September 8th-13 2016 We went on a Guided Elk hunt in Hinton Alberta with Canada West Outfitting ( OWNER CHRIS DAVID) PLEASE REMEMBER THE NAME OF THIS OUTFITTER AND SHARE THIS REVIEW AS WE FEEL WE WERE COMPLETELY DECEIVED AND FRAUD BY THIS PERSON. Let me start by saying that we paid $10,000 for this adventure! and this is what we got, which was not what we were told we were getting. The outfitter had months before messaged and said he was ill, but led us to believe that there would be no issue that his guide would look after us, if he could not, or perhaps the new owner! up until days before we were to fly to Edmonton, he told us that he was still ill, but did not say anything about rescheduling. said his guide would be there. The day we arrived in Hinton and met with him, we gave him the final balance of the cost of the hunt and we were off to the log cabin(which is what we thought) He brought us to a campsite near a busy highway and private airfield where private planes and helicopters were over head constantly. When we arrived I was looking for the Log cabin, but only seen an RV, 2 white wall tents and a small 2 man tent, a picnic table and a fire pit. We were introduced to his guide and he begun to show us where the archery targets were set up for us to shoot our bows and then put his hand to his brow and said he did not feel very well, he was gone so quickly we didn't even have time to ask about the log cabin. There were other people in camp that I choose not to involve in this review, but one of the people he said was to be the cook, which was not the case. We started to feel something was not right and started asking questions. The guide was not a professional guide and had no experience.
There was no cook provided as he stated there would be, which was supposed to be included. the bathroom facility was in the RV which the floor was covered in mice crap and so was the kitchen cupboards where we were to use utensils and eat. There were no towels to clean/shower with, we had to use lysol wipes to clean our hands, the one towel that was in the bathroom was full of mice crap! Toilet was full, so could not use the facility( and I don't mind using the great outdoors but point being, I paid for something totally different) this guy does most of his hunting on the road in his truck, stopping here and there and giving a call now and then, We were told that we would have really sore knees from walking the hills and mountains, that wasn't the case. He told us that his success rate was 80%, there was another hunter in camp that only lasted 2 days( he was hunting Moose,Bear and Elk and as us he was provided a guide with no experience. We were deceived by Chris David, for those who are looking at booking a hunt of a lifetime, DO NOT BOOK WITH CANADA WEST OUTFITTING, (CHRIS DAVID) We have suffered a very difficult lesson and hope that anyone out there that see’s this review, should make it known as well, if you’ve been deceived like we have. This guy should not be in business! The lesson here, never give your balance for the hunt to the outfitter until you get to camp and see that you are getting exactly what you paid for! And by the way CHRIS DAVID, IF YOU SEE AND READ THIS POST, NOT ONLY DID YOU RUIN ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED HUNTING ADVENTURES FOR US, YOUR WALL TENT AND WOOD STOVE, WHICH WE WERE NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE IN, THIRD NIGHT INTO OUR STAY, THE STOVE PIPE LET GO IN THE WIND AND SMOKED UP THE TENT SO BAD AND THICK, AND ALL OUR HUNTING GEAR AND CLOTHING ARE PROBABLY RUINED WITH THE STENCH OF SMOKE, SO NOT ONLY DID YOU SCAM US OUT OF 10 GRAND FOR THE HUNT, BUT ANOTHER 5 GRAND IN GEAR. Don't let this guy fool you, he’s good at it!
So very disappointed and disgusted by such an unprofessional outfitter.

Lisa and Terry, Nova Scotia, Canada
Outfitters for Black bear in New Brunswick and Moose, Blk Bear and caribou Newfoundland, Canada
Call APOS I am sure they will help lol. Really sorry about your experience.

Actually in all seriousness I would report to APOS. Long shot but they may be able to help you somewhat but there reputation for discipline outfitters is abysmal. Better chance Chris will be elected to executive.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Better chance Chris will be elected to executive.
If they call it in, he surely will be elected to the executive. Being convicted of a wildlife offense or offenses is a prerequisite, isn't it?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Interesting first post....I don't have WildTV so not really familiar with the show.

LC
You are not missing much. 10 minutes of programming and 20 minutes of comercials. I only have it so my dog can watch it while I`m at work. She loves it. She`s a hunting show junkie.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:35 PM

Chris David was to be in court today for sentencing.
He had been found guilty in a Saskatchewan court of hunting without a licence, unlawful possession, unlawful export, giving false information on a document, and under a federal charge of unlawful export.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
Chris David was to be in court today for sentencing.
He had been found guilty in a Saskatchewan court of hunting without a licence, unlawful possession, unlawful export, giving false information on a document, and under a federal charge of unlawful export.
Any idea on what came of his house being raided in Hinton last year? My friend watched the whole thing go down but never heard much of what happened
Old 03-20-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
You are not missing much. 10 minutes of programming and 20 minutes of comercials. I only have it so my dog can watch it while I`m at work. She loves it. She`s a hunting show junkie.
Hey, same here lol. He loves to watch all the animals run around.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
This the guy that was posting why Hunting shows need commercials ?

Grizz
Old 04-11-2017, 12:55 PM

An Alberta hunting television personality has been fined $5,600 for an illegal hunt in Saskatchewan./ Saskatoon StarPhoenix​

A former hunting television personality has been fined $5,600 after being convicted of several charges under the province’s Wildlife Act and Regulations.

The charges stem from a 2011 investigation that found Jason David — known as Chris David on hunting programs such as the Hunting Chronicles and No Limits TV — shot a white-tailed deer illegally near the town of Grenfell.

Saskatchewan conservation officers found that the buck had been taken in the wrong wildlife management zone and illegally transported back to Alberta, the provincial government said Tuesday in a news release. David was convicted in Broadview provincial court.

David, 43, was fined for hunting without a license, unlawfully possessing and exporting wildlife, and falsifying his big game draw application. In addition to the fine, David will also receive a one-year hunting suspension, according to the government.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:13 PM

Peanuts ,Shoulda made an example of him.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogirl73 View Post
Only the big man upstairs can judge a person.
Not true. I judge people all the time.

edit: whoops! responded to a very old comment - but I'll leave it here anyway.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
This the guy that was posting why Hunting shows need commercials ?

Grizz
No. Mr. David is from Hinton, the guy you are thinking of lives in Millet.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-12-2017, 02:44 AM

Google found me this;

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ewan-1.4065846

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/sa...81616713936513

He made his bed, now he has to sleep in it if guilty of course.

Last edited by Huntsman; 04-12-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:39 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev78 View Post
Yes it was reported and his account was closed immediatly
like I said just discussing what I thought was a fairly important issue being that a mentor to kids and a promoter of the sport is doing these not so good things

Just thought I would post something interesting off the shot but whatever just delete it if it's gonna cause a **** storm!!!
Hey rookie, that's how this place rolls from time to time, you'll learn quickly to wash the jibber off real quick here or have a mental breakdown...kinda like the hockey playoffs.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-12-2017, 05:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedogg View Post
An Alberta hunting television personality has been fined $5,600 for an illegal hunt in Saskatchewan./ Saskatoon StarPhoenix​

A former hunting television personality has been fined $5,600 after being convicted of several charges under the province’s Wildlife Act and Regulations.

The charges stem from a 2011 investigation that found Jason David — known as Chris David on hunting programs such as the Hunting Chronicles and No Limits TV — shot a white-tailed deer illegally near the town of Grenfell.

Saskatchewan conservation officers found that the buck had been taken in the wrong wildlife management zone and illegally transported back to Alberta, the provincial government said Tuesday in a news release. David was convicted in Broadview provincial court.

David, 43, was fined for hunting without a license, unlawfully possessing and exporting wildlife, and falsifying his big game draw application. In addition to the fine, David will also receive a one-year hunting suspension, according to the government.

If true that is not a mistake made by not knowing the rules etc, seasoned vet and all...lets see how this spins out...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...