Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 05:20 PM

Good. Sounds better if a call up goalie loses.
Even better if they win.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
You think McDavid would be that upset if the return was good? Absolutely Edmonton couldn't blow this trade.

Buffalo got a pretty good return for Eichal, and Draisitle would probably command more then Eichal, not to mention less risk assuming he is healthy and not looking for a new surgery.

something like Zegras, Gibson, a top prospect either forward or D and a first round pick.

Anaheim isn't making this trade today, based on current standings, however, it really is probably in the neighborhood of what Draisitle would fetch on the open market. I am assuming the top prospect would be someone that is NHL ready and able to contribute either middle 6 forward or 2nd pairing defense.
Draisaitl is under contract for another 3 years after this year at 8.5 million per year

Have a look at the list of players that make more...

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/

Draisaitl may a limit on what he can do or how good he could become, where McDavid almost seems limitless. But over the last 3 years, and taking into account to the cap, goals scored, defensive play, faceoffs and the power play, Draisaitl has been more valuable to the Oilers than McDavid.

So no, I do not think they will trade Draisaitl.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Sorry if the Flames are in better shape that they can make a pass in game without needing to be put on the LTIR...

I hope for your sake when Smith comes back he lights it up, I suspect you are going to be sorely disappointed, based on his stats over the last 5 years.

Every team deals with injuries throughout the year, your rebuttal always seems to be well the Flames have done this etc. Pretty sound logic. I notice you didn't mention Vegas and Pittsburgh being ahead of the Oilers in the standing, they have both been decimated with injuries. The fact that you are using the Flames as your measuring stick says alot....

As for trading Draisitle, I honestly believe big picture, if the Oilers do not go deep in the playoffs this year or next, Connor is going to ask for a trade. So if they Don't make the Playoffs or get ousted in the first round, Holland really does need to consider this. It will be his best opportunity to fill the holes in the roster with good young prospects, and be able to fill out some good veterans with the opened cap space.

Obviously, the organization knows better then I do about Connors feelings. That said NO ONE trains as hard as him to lose over and over. IMO losing Draisitle or McDavid, I would keep McDavid every time. Every year from the outside looking in, they tell him we will get you help, but it always seems to be the same thing. Another depth forward, another depth defence and better goaltending. At some point Connor is going to say yeah I have heard this tune before, and I want to win....

P.S. 5 on 5 metrics don't show that its Kosk
P.P.S. no one expected Anaheim to be where they are in the standings good for them, they are fun to watch for sure. If either the Oilers or Flames lose their Playoff spots to the Ducks that will suck. That said Anaheim deserves to be where they are.

You should just worry about 1 team. 57 games to go and s Flames fan figuring his team is something special. Go figger.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:19 PM

PPG coming up. GO OIL!!
Whoaa. 2 mins 5 on 3
Old 12-16-2021, 07:21 PM

Thank you. Wheeewwee
Old 12-16-2021, 07:23 PM

Thank you x 2..
Old 12-16-2021, 07:24 PM

Pool party with a pair, man it's about time

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:28 PM

Relief. Deep sigh of relief.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You should just worry about 1 team. 57 games to go and s Flames fan figuring his team is something special. Go figger.
My number is actually Pittsburgh, and it has been that way since Joe Mullen was traded to the penguins in 1990 whe. I was about 12 years old. Would you like tonlist the reasons why the Oilers are better then my number 1?

That would be 5 v5 but at least some of there cups have come in this cenrury. Both their generational players have hoisted the cup multiple times.

Not all of us are an ignorant fan like you

Edmonton needed those power play goals. They need to hang onto this league.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:31 PM

And again, nice

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:32 PM

Deeper sigh of relief. It’s been hard boys. It’s been hard.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:38 PM

Deep sighs here too..
Old 12-16-2021, 07:41 PM

3-0!!!

Lookin good boys!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-16-2021, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Draisaitl is under contract for another 3 years after this year at 8.5 million per year

Have a look at the list of players that make more...

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/

Draisaitl may a limit on what he can do or how good he could become, where McDavid almost seems limitless. But over the last 3 years, and taking into account to the cap, goals scored, defensive play, faceoffs and the power play, Draisaitl has been more valuable to the Oilers than McDavid.

So no, I do not think they will trade Draisaitl.
WOW !!! What an INCREDIBLE eye opener !!! Drai is way BETTER than any of those top 8...He's under paid..as of today...
Many thanks for the link Sir
Old 12-16-2021, 07:52 PM

Mcdavid and Drai have pretty good contracts franchise wise. People said it was ridiculously high. Ask again in 3 years if the are over paid.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:00 PM

What I like about tonight is that even though they lost the last game, the coaching staff didn't bring out the blender.

I sometimes wonder if the forwards on the Oilers other than McDavid and Draisaitl actually have an identity.

So many forwards are moved to so many different roles. How many teams have multiple players wondering every game whether they are going to be on the 1st line or the 4th line. I understand injuries and covid, but it seems the blender is on in Edmonton all the time, whether they are winning or losing.

Good game tonight so far, lets hope they keep up the pressure.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
My number is actually Pittsburgh, and it has been that way since Joe Mullen was traded to the penguins in 1990 whe. I was about 12 years old. Would you like tonlist the reasons why the Oilers are better then my number 1?

That would be 5 v5 but at least some of there cups have come in this cenrury. Both their generational players have hoisted the cup multiple times.

Not all of us are an ignorant fan like you

Edmonton needed those power play goals. They need to hang onto this league.
Im not sure what number Pittsburgh is or what 3/4 of your post is trying to say. It could be me still breaking up over the whole Draisaitl trade thing. I'm not sure.

What are you saying about 5v5?? Lost me. Cups or even strength play? Sheesh.

Maybe if I blaze a doob your posts will make sense.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Mcdavid and Drai have pretty good contracts franchise wise. People said it was ridiculously high. Ask again in 3 years if the are over paid.
Contracts are always a snapshot in time. What looked high 3 years ago, doesn't today and what looks high today, maybe not so much 3 years from now. (provided the cap grows and the player holds up their end)
Old 12-16-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Draisaitl's contract is the NHL best buy. Not even a doubt.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:09 PM

3-0….. guess I’ll start a parade thread as to not derail this one. She’s on again!
Old 12-16-2021, 08:25 PM

Maybe no fighting downtown tonight moose?
Old 12-16-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Hutchinson View Post
Maybe no fighting downtown tonight moose?
PG gets safer with each oiler win.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Im not sure what number Pittsburgh is or what 3/4 of your post is trying to say. It could be me still breaking up over the whole Draisaitl trade thing. I'm not sure.

What are you saying about 5v5?? Lost me. Cups or even strength play? Sheesh.

Maybe if I blaze a doob your posts will make sense.
Wow first response that you didn't mention the Flames, I think you figured out cup totals were 5v5, but I am pretty sure if look at current metrics Pitsburghs 5v5 play is higher then Edmonton.

Draisaitle does have a good contract, again another reason he should be traded if it comes to that. The better the contract the higher return. Why do you think no one wants Koskinen from you. cause his 4.5 million contract is no good....

If you want a good return you have to trade something of Value. trading Drai would be the best option to turn things around in a hurry if it is handled correctly. I do love the thinking though, lets keep doing what we have been doing for a decade, as it is working so well.

My theory is if things don't change Connor is going to request a trade. I would be doing everything I could to keep Connor happy. Draisitle is a great player, but no matter what the stats say If I had to pick Connor or Draisitle to build my Franchise around it is Connor everytime.

Would Draisitle be as good, if other teams #1 shutdown was playing against him? Or has having Connor to worry about open up ice for Draisitle. Again he is incredibly talented, but if I am picking a pony to build around its Connor.

Sure Edmonton has both, but for the last 5 years they have been unable to build around both, same problems every year. So until Oilers management shows me something otherwise, I am of the belief nothing is going to change. I am sure if you dug up the old threads from the last 5 years the complaints would be similar, No Depth, we need better goaltending, We need another depth defenseman. Holland said this year he had lots of space and he did nothing with it.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
PG gets safer with each oiler win.
>>
If it keeps up here, maybe you'll go downtown and hand out roses hee hee
Old 12-16-2021, 08:55 PM

How the hell Perlini isn’t a full-time NHLer is beyond me. Has all the tools (big, skates well, has a laser of a shot). Guy should be scoring 30 goals a year.

Likely between the ears issue.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:59 PM

Yup

Him and 4 other Oilers…. Punching way below their weight.

Confidence is such an important thing.

Poor Yammo eh?

4-0!!!!

Look goooood!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-16-2021, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Wow first response that you didn't mention the Flames, I think you figured out cup totals were 5v5, but I am pretty sure if look at current metrics Pitsburghs 5v5 play is higher then Edmonton.

Draisaitle does have a good contract, again another reason he should be traded if it comes to that. The better the contract the higher return. Why do you think no one wants Koskinen from you. cause his 4.5 million contract is no good....

If you want a good return you have to trade something of Value. trading Drai would be the best option to turn things around in a hurry if it is handled correctly. I do love the thinking though, lets keep doing what we have been doing for a decade, as it is working so well.

My theory is if things don't change Connor is going to request a trade. I would be doing everything I could to keep Connor happy. Draisitle is a great player, but no matter what the stats say If I had to pick Connor or Draisitle to build my Franchise around it is Connor everytime.

Would Draisitle be as good, if other teams #1 shutdown was playing against him? Or has having Connor to worry about open up ice for Draisitle. Again he is incredibly talented, but if I am picking a pony to build around its Connor.

Sure Edmonton has both, but for the last 5 years they have been unable to build around both, same problems every year. So until Oilers management shows me something otherwise, I am of the belief nothing is going to change. I am sure if you dug up the old threads from the last 5 years the complaints would be similar, No Depth, we need better goaltending, We need another depth defenseman. Holland said this year he had lots of space and he did nothing with it.

Pittsburgh should have traded Crosby 7 years ago I guess.

I think you've nailed it though. Trade your best players while they're still in their prime. Happens all the time.

I think its going to take 2 doobs. Maybe a couple of forehead shoots with a ball-peen hammer along with.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Pittsburgh should have traded Crosby 7 years ago I guess.

I think you've nailed it though. Trade your best players while they're still in their prime. Happens all the time.

I think its going to take 2 doobs. Maybe a couple of forehead shoots with a ball-peen hammer along with.
>>
Spewed a bit of tea on that one. Awesome
Old 12-16-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

Poor Yammo eh?

Guys a complete waste of a bingo square going on 2 seasons now.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:

I think you're wasting your time explaining things. Plenty of folks here are happier having two of the highest scoring players in the regular season than they would be in building a deep team that can legitimately contend for the cup each year.

If either of them were to go on LTIR where would they be? Probably not another team in the league that would suffer a worse fate if that were to happen.
Closed Thread