Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
GAA and SV% are the important numbers to me when looking at goaltending and then wins. His numbers are nowhere near Brodeurs numbers or even Luongo for that matter and they both play close to the same amount. His GAA and SV% numbers are always average and I believe he is about 33% in shoot outs. Decent goalie but not one of the best if you ask me.
www.statshockey.net/alltimewins.html Sits at #33 alltime for wins with a career avg. of 2.47 and he ain't done playing yet not by a long shot...I think once he's done playing he will be up around 400 wins that puts him in some pretty lofty company...Glen Hall, Hasek...
Old 04-04-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
You are aware that it is an 82 game schedule right BB? You can not make the post season by playing well for 30 games a year!!
Here is a what if situation for you!! What if Kipper made 1 more save a game for the whole year? He is currently 22 for GAA and 32 for SV% out of 43!! Not at all the numbers that one of the so called best in the world should be putting up.
Thats probably why i said this ...

Flames have shown what kind of hockey they can play and all they need to do is put together a full season so they dont have to come from behind.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Is Iggy gone? He will probably never again command a higher rate of return. Peter Maher seems to think so.....
Old 04-05-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Is Iggy gone? He will probably never again command a higher rate of return. Peter Maher seems to think so.....
The only thing Jarome hasn't won is a cup, he is a guy that has earned another shot, I would really hate to see him go but I would be thrilled to see him hoist the cup..so trade him to a contender absolutely!!! win win in my books, if he leaves Calgary to finish his career I'm pretty sure he will be back with the Flames Org. someday anyways...
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM

Well its been a fun few days watching a bunch of AHL misfits beat the #1 team TWICE IN A ROW...lol ... oh my if there is a benevolent being above the Oil will strike the death blow to the Flamers tomorrow....
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Well its been a fun few days watching a bunch of AHL misfits beat the #1 team TWICE IN A ROW...lol ... oh my if there is a benevolent being above the Oil will strike the death blow to the Flamers tomorrow....
Flames are going to open up a can of woop ass tomorrow night...Rumour has it your fickle owner may move the team...you oiler fans may have to start cheering for the Leafs again...LOL
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Flames are going to open up a can of woop ass tomorrow night...Rumour has it your fickle owner may move the team...you oiler fans may have to start cheering for the Leafs again...LOL
BP Katz CANNOT move the team for any number of reasons but mainly when he bought the team he signed an agreement stating if he was to sell the team a local owner would be first in line...secondly the NHL would never allow it...third he has never stated at any time any sort of threat to relocate...I hope if the city doesnt reach an accommodation with him he simply builds a new arena by the River Cree or in Sherwood Park and the City gets sweet FA in revenue
Old 04-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Banned

I wonder how they say OILERS in french?????
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
CINQ

as in 4 more Cups than you pretenders will ever get..lol

The dude from Quebeqor was in town talking arena funding not relocation contrary to what that idiot Pierre Mcguire may think.....besides the Yotes are going home to the 'Peg and Atlanta will be Le Nordiques ...and Iggy is gonzo next season.....
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
CINQ

The dude from Quebeqor was in town talking arena funding not relocation contrary to what that idiot Pierre Mcguire may think.....besides the Yotes are going home to the 'Peg and Atlanta will be Le Nordiques ...and Iggy is gonzo next season.....
LOLOLOL

I didnt even know about that, I was talking about the meeting the Oilers had in Quebec city. Boy, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and craps like a duck.. It's probably time to move to Quebec.. Dont cha think???

As for Iggy. I would hate that. But can understand. That guy is a GOD!!

Jamie
Old 04-05-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
La Coilers!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
LOLOLOL

I didnt even know about that, I was talking about the meeting the Oilers had in Quebec city. Boy, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and craps like a duck.. It's probably time to move to Quebec.. Dont cha think???

As for Iggy. I would hate that. But can understand. That guy is a GOD!!

Jamie
Once again he was in Quebec talking Arena funding....this was before the Government said NON to federal funding
Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Kanon.. Once you lose the Oilers, you can cheer for the Flames. It's ok little buddy, we will accept you. After all, it will not be long till we are ALBERTA"S team. No more of this north- south fighting. Just all of us in the same boat rowing in the same direction. It will be a pitty to see them leave, but a town has to support it's team.

UPDATE!!! I just read that Edmonton thinks the province should help pay for the Arena. The provinces reaction was not negative at this point.
Perhaps you will get the Oilers to stay.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:26 PM
AO Sponsor

Canucks are just making sure they don't get anymore injuries...taking it easy...coasting into the playoffs...but they'll still beat the Flames on Saturday...although it doesn't matter as blackpheasant already has to wear the Canucks jersey this summer
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 04-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Thats probably why i said this ...

Flames have shown what kind of hockey they can play and all they need to do is put together a full season so they dont have to come from behind.
Only Two more Games Left Then it's all over For the Shames!!!!

Another disapointing Season For Calgary!!! I like it!!!

But on the Bright Side you can Now cheer For the canucks or the 24 Time Stanley Cup Champions, Canada's own,MONTREAL CANADIANS!!!! Wooo, Go Habs Go. it's Playoff Hockey Time!!!! Lets Talk About it!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Kanon.. Once you lose the Oilers, you can cheer for the Flames. It's ok little buddy, we will accept you. After all, it will not be long till we are ALBERTA"S team. No more of this north- south fighting. Just all of us in the same boat rowing in the same direction. It will be a pitty to see them leave, but a town has to support it's team.

UPDATE!!! I just read that Edmonton thinks the province should help pay for the Arena. The provinces reaction was not negative at this point.
with the blundering PC's, at this point they would look at "anything"...what a better way to swing votes than to let that dangle ? because they know Calgary will eventually have to replace that eyesore to attract an NHL team just joking...pretty sad when politics gets so involved in our everday lives. I would rather see my tax dollars go here than some useless thing (to me) like like support for the visual arts etc., to each their own I guess.....BTW Jamie..will send u a PM regarding fishing...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:

For your wife's sake I hope you know more about fishing than hockey....

Heard local Shames beat writer speculating on the radio about the Flames asking Iggy to let them trade him..speculated that they should trade iggy kipper and reghere and blow it all up...also figured that the fickle fans wouldn't have the patience for it so they will probably band aid it again next year and fight for 9th as usual...

God I hope so ...mediocrity is what Flames do best
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 PM

Well great game by Iggy but thats all she wrote...Close but just not close enough..

I for one hope to see him in a Flames Jersey next season..

Good luck to everyone's who's teams are making the post season..
Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 PM

I honestly think Iggy is classy enough to realize that by staying he hurts the Flames....he will off to waive his NTC to move the Flames to a rebuild...
Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Great game iggy,i pray 'flames don't trade this superstar !!!,,Keep this team together,Sutter is building something here 'there's always next year ....THIS SUCKS,was fun to watch flames kick oilers azz thou.flames not in i don't watch the playoffs. Rita mcneil you can sing now ,let here ripe.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 PM

Well lame's final game is sat and the oilers on sun...

I guess its safe to say that the oilers season lasted longer...hahahahaha.
Good luck with this years draft pick!!!
THANK YOU...DUCKS & HAWKS
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Great game iggy,i pray 'flames don't trade this superstar !!!,,Keep this team together,Sutter is building something here 'there's always next year ....THIS SUCKS,was fun to watch flames kick oilers azz thou.flames not in i don't watch the playoffs. Rita mcneil you can sing now ,let here ripe.
Um there is no Sutter building anything...hes just a coach...Uncle Feaster may be building something..but unless you shed Iggy Kipper and RR contracts all your building is another year of not making the playoffs.....
Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Um there is no Sutter building anything...hes just a coach...Uncle Feaster may be building something..but unless you shed Iggy Kipper and RR contracts all your building is another year of not making the playoffs.....
Flames ,one trade' KIPPER as to go,,,,,last three games hes played great ,hes way over rated.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
CINQ

This is going to be a recurring theme from Kannon for years to come. Lamenting about the good old day. How many years is it going to take those kids to grow up so they can play with the men? You know, by deliberately finishing last every year to get the draft choices, you've still got to ice at least one good player to show them the way.

Last edited by pogo; 04-06-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 PM

The silence is deafening!

Old 04-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Banned

Not sure what I think about them not making it. I guess I have know for a couple of weeks it was not going to happen, but yet it still hurts a bit. I almost wish I was a Oiler fan so that my hopes would have been blown up some time aroiund the second game of the season.

Not sure what to do about the Flames. They are a confusing bunch to say the least.

I am now a Vancouver Canuck Fan. Move over boys, Jamie is jumping on the Band wagon.

Now that I am a fan, is it still ok to call the Sedin's "Sisters"
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

It's been a different year.....

GO STAMPS GO!!!

Jamie
Old 04-07-2011, 08:25 AM

[QUOTE=pogo;897057]This is going to be a recurring theme from Kannon for years to come. Lamenting about the good old day. How many years is it going to take those kids to grow up so they can play with the men? You know, by deliberately finishing last every year to get the draft choices, you've still got to ice at least one good player to show them the way.

[/QUOTE

Real question is how many more years are the Shames gonna miss the playoffs?
Does anyone think they are cup contenders next year with the current line up?
Too bad for Shame fans that your agony is just starting....LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Not sure what I think about them not making it. I guess I have know for a couple of weeks it was not going to happen, but yet it still hurts a bit. I almost wish I was a Oiler fan so that my hopes would have been blown up some time aroiund the second game of the season.

Not sure what to do about the Flames. They are a confusing bunch to say the least.

I am now a Vancouver Canuck Fan. Move over boys, Jamie is jumping on the Band wagon.

Now that I am a fan, is it still ok to call the Sedin's "Sisters"
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

It's been a different year.....

GO STAMPS GO!!!

Jamie
Uhhhhh....no. It's never ok to call them "sisters"! Brokeback buds, maybe. But, never sisters.

In any case, welcome aboard, James! I can see from our up to the minute information that we are planning an on time departure for the NHL Stanley Cup and we'll be tuning our TV sets accordingly in just a few days. Joining me on the flight deck will be Ryan, who will update you enroute with our most recent information and predictions. Our routing after take-off is going to take us south over the Anaheim Ducks, then further south over the San Jose Sharks before finally turning eastward over the Boston Bruins and arriving as Stanley Cup Champions back in Lotus Land, the fair and beautiful city of Vancouver. Our speed is planned at an average of 5 games per series, bringing us to the successful completion of our mission in early June. Of course we will be cruising high enough to give you the most comfortable flight conditions possible depending on the number of beers you have consumed. I would now like to invite everyone to sit back, relax, and enjoy the lovely and gracious hospitality of our on ice performers! Thank-you for choosing to fly with the Vancouver Canucks! It's gonna be a smoooooooooth ride!

Last edited by pogo; 04-07-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Uhhhhh....no. It's never ok to call them "sisters"! Brokeback buds, maybe. But, never sisters.

In any case, welcome aboard, James! I can see from our up to the minute information that we are planning an on time departure for the NHL Stanley Cup and we'll be tuning our TV sets accordingly in just a few days. Joining me on the flight deck will be Ryan, who will update you enroute with our most recent information and predictions. Our routing after take-off is going to take us south over the Anaheim Ducks, then further south over the San Jose Sharks before finally turning eastward over the Boston Bruins and arriving as Stanley Cup Champions back in Lotus Land, the fair and beautiful city of Vancouver. Our speed is planned at an average of 5 games per series, bringing us to the successful completion of our mission in early June. Of course we will be cruising high enough to give you the most comfortable flight conditions possible depending on the number of beers you have consumed. I would now like to invite everyone to sit back, relax, and enjoy the lovely and gracious hospitality of our on ice performers! Thank-you for choosing to fly with the Vancouver Canucks! It's gonna be a smoooooooooth ride!
Classic comment from a Canuck fan!!!! Poor guy's are so use to losing out so early in the playoffs they don't even know how many rounds there is!!! Just a tip Pogo there must be 4 stops on your flight to the championships not 3!! 3 stops doesnt even get you out of the west!!!

Best of luck Vancouver!!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Please GWW stop posting. your ramblings make all flames fans look bad. You are like the old oiler fan HighOctane, not good for the rest of the fans.

My take, It was a good run but the obvious brutal start killed the flames. weird how it was the exact opposite of last season, great start poor finish. Our goals for this year were great, goals against was the problem.

My plan: Glenncross can go. re-sign tanguay. keep kipper and iggy. Possibly trade regher or sarich for another centermen. i think morrison is till under contract and we should keep him. backlund has shown good progress this season and should be a good second line centermen between jokinen and moss. Try to resign Karlson and give him at least 5 starts in the first 25 games. hopefully then some team will be desperate for a goalie and give up a decent 3rd line forward for him. Meanwhile the goalie of the future Joni Ortio will hopefully be ready to back up his protege after a good stint in Abbotsford. Graduate nemisz and Brodie from the minors. That lineup will be able to compete and with some other tinkering a contender will definetly be possible.

My take on the oilers: At the draft trade their high pick for a 3rd or 4th d-man. Take a spot a few down from their first overall pick and grab another defensmen. With no real standout d-man at the draft and there should be a decent future guy at the #5 or 6 spot. They should also look at trading one of their forwards (omark, paajarvi) for another d-man or a goalie. There are some talented guys but unless they fill in the holes (like chicago had to) there will be no championship in their future.

Tags
ducks