Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Raphael Lavoie(Oiler draft pick) got 2 goals and a helper tonight in OT win against the Russians.

Was a good game.
He looks good from what I have seen. Speed, size and skill.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:19 PM

Not a great night for Smith so far. Hopefully he can shut the door in the 3rd
Old 11-06-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Not a great night for Smith so far. Hopefully he can shut the door in the 3rd
He'd sure like the 3rd one back, he's been lights out for you guys but will not keep it up.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 11-06-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Plus minus is about the worst stat In the world to judge players ability on.
This is the worst comment I’ve ever read from a hockey fan ! Google search the top, Plus- Minus players of all time, then tell us about judging players abilities.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:30 PM
Banned

How Did The real deal play? I can only guess as I just got in and saw that he was a -3 on the night with 0 goals, 0 assists.

A least Smith got on the score sheet.

Kinda sensing a Oilers death wobble happening?
Old 11-06-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
This is the worst comment I’ve ever read from a hockey fan ! Google search the top, Plus- Minus players of all time, then tell us about judging players abilities.
In the words of Brian Burke “ PLUS MINUS IS HORSE $&@? “. It’s not 1980 anymore boys !!! Time to get your game up. Way better indicators of player success and failure than the archaic stat of plus minus. But let’s play along. Neal is +24 in his career over 728 games. Alex Ovechkin the most prolific scorer in the NHL today is plus 90 over 1100 games. Notables that are minus player’s this year RNH, Ovechkin , Monahan, Horvat, Pacioretty, Stamkos, Toews, Stone, Burns, and for you Flames fans that hang out here Johnny Hockey. I guess they all suck !!!

PLUS MINUS IS HORSE $&@? !!!!!
Old 11-07-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
How Did The real deal play? I can only guess as I just got in and saw that he was a -3 on the night with 0 goals, 0 assists.

Well if that is all you saw then you really don't know anything. 2 of those minus's were on empty nets when they were attempting to tie it up. But nice cherry picking stats. Still haven't loss as many as the Shames this year. How is the death wobble going south of Red Deer?

You guys are funny... win a couple games in a row in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period, and you think you are automatically destine for a repeat of last years greatest and another 1st round exit.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:

Never anything intelligent to offer always the same bleating about things you obviously know nothing about.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Well if that is all you saw then you really don't know anything. 2 of those minus's were on empty nets when they were attempting to tie it up. But nice cherry picking stats. Still haven't loss as many as the Shames this year. How is the death wobble going south of Red Deer?

You guys are funny... win a couple games in a row in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period, and you think you are automatically destine for a repeat of last years greatest and another 1st round exit.

This has nothing to do with the Flames. In case you are having a tough time reading, this is a Oilers thread. I am not sure why you guys always want to talk about the Flames here.

I was simply asking what was up with a -3. As I said, I had just got in and saw on NHL.com that The Real Deal was a -3. They didn't give a explanation. I had no idea they thought so highly of him as a 'Gamer" and put him in scenarios where they counted on him.. Do you see this thought process lasting much longer?
Old 11-07-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the Flames. In case you are having a tough time reading, this is a Oilers thread. I am not sure why you guys always want to talk about the Flames here.

I was simply asking what was up with a -3. As I said, I had just got in and saw on NHL.com that The Real Deal was a -3. They didn't give a explanation. I had no idea they thought so highly of him as a 'Gamer" and put him in scenarios where they counted on him.. Do you see this thought process lasting much longer?
The question is with you being a Flame's fan, why are you here ,other than to troll the thread and stir the pot.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
The question is with you being a Flame's fan, why are you here ,other than to troll the thread and stir the pot.
Actually, I am interested in all hockey. I also follow the Vegas Knights and the Bruins.. Did I need a permission slip from you to follow the Oilers? Some of you Oiler fans are nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
I am sorry if your team has hurt you in the past? Need a hug?
Old 11-07-2019, 11:13 AM

Hahahaha....tell the truth Jamie...
Old 11-07-2019, 11:16 AM

I’m interested in all hockey too. But I admit I’m only on the flames thread when things are down or something out of the ordinary happens.... lol
Old 11-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I am interested in all hockey. I also follow the Vegas Knights and the Bruins.
I’m a Bruins fan also.
If any team has hurt their fans in the past, it is the Maple Leafs. But, a very close second has to be the lowly phlegms.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:

If it is not about the Flames why are you so hell bent on proving Neal is a terrible player? Is it maybe because you want so desperately to prove the Flames didn't make a bad trade. Or is it that if Neal couldn't succeed with Calgary how could he possibly succeed with the Oilers?

Great game last night, Oilers out-shot the Blues by 10, pulled the goalie with a 3-2 score and the Blues got a couple empty netters where the 1st one curled about 10 feet when it hit the ice. There is your SN update.....Now you can ask more than.... "hey why was Neal -3"
Old 11-07-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Actually, I am interested in all hockey. I also follow the Vegas Knights and the Bruins.. Did I need a permission slip from you to follow the Oilers? Some of you Oiler fans are nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
Actually no , not really a big fan either way, I came on here to see if the oilers won last night out of curiosity ,And saw your post. I just notice that 80% of the posts you make on this thread are designed to stir up kak , whatever floats your boat.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:39 AM

Hey all you Oiler fans don’t feed the shame trolls. Eventually they’ll go away faster then a first round of the playoff exit. You could call that a C-EXIT!

They really have nothing to talk about. They haven’t yet realized they aren’t getting a new building yet!

BW
Old 11-07-2019, 11:43 AM

Neal, Smith and the Oilers livin in Jamies head.

Bugs the heck out of him.

Poor guy. Lol

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Poor guy. Lol
Old 11-07-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:

Poor guy. Lol
I’m thinking that Looch and Talbot might be rattling around in their as well!

BW
Old 11-07-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinman22 View Post
Never anything intelligent to offer always the same bleating about things you obviously know nothing about.
The Oilers are so deep in his kitchen (and a few others) they are finding Tupperware they forgot they had.

What's with all the Shames fans here with that big black cloud hanging over their heads? Take all that negativity back to your own thread.

It's a good thing they have the Oil to use as a measuring stick instead of using a bonified contender like they seem to think they are.

Talkin bout Neal, how did Looch do last game? Riiight....

Neal could not score another goal all season and he still did better here than down there, wounder how many more goals Looch has in him this year? Likely more suspensions than goals.

Nobody can take a stupid penalty like Looch putting his team at a disadvantage, that's one area he just can't be beat!
Old 11-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I’m thinking that Looch and Talbot might be rattling around in their as well!

BW
No doubt about it.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Ah it's just standard procedure here, you come to talk hockey and ask question about the OILERS, and immediately turns into, Oh what about Johnny, what about the Flames. Nothing to do with the question asked. Not as jovial as it was in here the first 8-9 games of the season. Reality is setting in. I seen one of the D was placed on waivers today, they calling up from the farm? As much as this pains me to say Kassian is having a good season. Good shots on net. Ugh I hate that plug but will give credit.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Ah it's just standard procedure here, you come to talk hockey and ask question about the OILERS, and immediately turns into, Oh what about Johnny, what about the Flames. Nothing to do with the question asked. Not as jovial as it was in here the first 8-9 games of the season. Reality is setting in. I seen one of the D was placed on waivers today, they calling up from the farm? As much as this pains me to say Kassian is having a good season. Good shots on net. Ugh I hate that plug but will give credit.

The question was answered. 2 of the 3 minus was while the net was empty. It just been the same silly question since about game 5 or 6. We didn’t expect Neal to remain on pace for an 80 goal season. He was traded for for the hope of 20 goals or 40-45 points. So far, so good.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Looks like they are in Rig-Rats head too. lol

Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Yep they put a D on waivers you got us rig rat. You are so in know 🤔. Better check the injury report. Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s not a bad thing. It a good thing when players come back from injury. Speaking of Kassian will Chucky step up this year or will he play turtle again.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:36 PM

Ya, looking at the last page of flames thread there’s lots of oilers there giving compliments and such. Definitely a different class.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Yep they put a D on waivers you got us rig rat. You are so in know 🤔. Better check the injury report. Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s not a bad thing. It a good thing when players come back from injury. Speaking of Kassian will Chucky step up this year or will he play turtle again.
Thanks for proving my point. I compliment one of your players and straight into a Tkachuk turtle comment. LOL. Never said player on waivers was a bad thing, just asked if they would call up replacement from the farm. You seem a bit jumpy eater, what's up? Hearing Flames footsteps in the standings?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 02:40 PM

Give them a break guys, they aren't used to the success yet, so just automatically default to what they know best, bash the Flames, regardless of the discussion.

Calgary Fan: "Have you seen the new Silverado, what did you think"?

Edmonton Fan: "uhhhh, you're buildings old, Chucky turtled, and the Flames were eliminated in the first round last year, so, yeah!"
Old 11-07-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I’m interested in all hockey too. But I admit I’m only on the flames thread when things are down or something out of the ordinary happens.... lol
I wondered why you stopped by, then I remembered they won last night.