Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
HEY FARMERS, FLAMERS WHATEVER THEY CALL YOU, ITS FUNNY TO HEAR FLAME FANS GETTING ALL EXCITED ABOUT WHAT PLACE THEY ARE IN, BIG DEAL THE SEASON MEANS NOTHING, ITS ALL ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS...THEY SURE LOOK GOOD YESTERDAY AGAINST THE SLUMPING AVS! CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY CUPS THE FLAMERS HAVE WON??CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MANY THE MIGHTY OIL HAVE WON ITS NICE TO SEE YOUR TEAM MAKE THE PLAYOFFS OF COARSE BUT IN THE END WHEN THEY LOSE ARE YOU SURE BEING A FLAMER FAN IS WHAT YOU WANT??
Lets see how loud you're beaking after tonights games?????

If OILERS LOSE 2nite and if either VAN , COLUMBUS , PHX win. Just in a BLINK of an eye and EDM drops OUT of top 8.

IN TOUGH TOO PLAYIN CHICAGO

I for see 4u hahaha

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 PM

Canucks will likely lose by one goal, shortly after Sundin heads to the P Box....
Don't know if any of you saw the D Man for the Canucks whining on the news, but with jackazzes like that on the team, they have more to deal with than battling the opponents and Media.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:13 PM

I always here the old how many cups do the flames have. Well how many do the oilers have without the great one?? Oh right just one.

Just a thought.

Alex
Old 02-03-2009, 03:54 PM

Default Flamers

Well it seems like there is alot of FLAMER fans out there...so I better stop saying BAD things about the FLAMERS, anyways before I go and start another rant tomorrow...w/o kipper FLAMERS have F ALL!! Are goalie has had its up and downs and we still manage to be in the playoffs, hate to tell you FLAMERS if kipper falls the FLAME will burn out!! OILERS RULE BABY!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Well it seems like there is alot of FLAMER fans out there...so I better stop saying BAD things about the FLAMERS, anyways before I go and start another rant tomorrow...w/o kipper FLAMERS have F ALL!! Are goalie has had its up and downs and we still manage to be in the playoffs, hate to tell you FLAMERS if kipper falls the FLAME will burn out!! OILERS RULE BABY!!!
uhhh i am an oilers fan...and when were we in the play offs last????....better to speak less and over achieve than speak out and under achieve i always say....
Old 02-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
uhhh i am an oilers fan...and when were we in the play offs last????....better to speak less and over achieve than speak out and under achieve i always say....
Lol you hit the nail on the head with this guy Clash. Anybody that know's anything about hockey know's that any team pushing deep into the playoff's is riding a hot goalie.

Who's to say we won't pick up a backup before the playoff's anyways????
Old 02-03-2009, 06:03 PM

GOD it pains me but it would help if the Flamers beat Dallas tonite and my OIL beat Chicago......GO OIL ...
go flames
Old 02-04-2009, 12:14 AM

A little off topic here but what about them CALGARY HITMEN, #1 team in the WHL, they have it all this year and are a serious threat to take the Memorial, going to break all time attendance record as well. Real class act management to boot ! It's gonna be fun...
Old 02-04-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
A little off topic here but what about them CALGARY HITMEN, #1 team in the WHL, they have it all this year and are a serious threat to take the Memorial, going to break all time attendance record as well. Real class act management to boot ! It's gonna be fun...
Whoa there....the vancouver Giants are actually the top team in the league...have 4 games in hand and only 1 pt back of hitmen...therefore best winning percentage at 44-4-3 Unreal record...
Old 02-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Whoa there....the vancouver Giants are actually the top team in the league...have 4 games in hand and only 1 pt back of hitmen...therefore best winning percentage at 44-4-3 Unreal record...
The Giants are not #1 in the WHL. The Hitmen are.
The Hitmen OWNED the giants last time they played. Not sure on the season series status. But I noticed we get to play them one more time.
The CHL ranks the giants below the Hitmen as well.

All this doesnt matter much though the Memorial cup is a different kettle of fish.
Should be a good but short series in the WHL playoffs if these teams meet.

Both teams have outstanding records this year

Jamie
Old 02-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

Default Hitmen

I should also point out that not only did the Soilers lose last night but theit Jr team The Soil Queens got thrashed by the Hitmen 6 to 2.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:01 PM

Default Flamers and oilers

Well went to the GAME yesterday and DAMN we had a few quality scoring chances, breakaway..but were not able to score, ROLI played awesome...just wasnt lucky..had some bad bounces, no excuse CHICAGO is a much better/faster team. FLAMERS lost yesterday Looks like KIPPER couldnt stop everything..you will slowly see the FLAMERS drop in the standings...if you ride a HOT goalie into the post season your not ALWAYS guarnteed he will still be as HOT like he was during the regular season...PLAYOFFS are different, its like when we made it to the CUP final vs CANES, ROLI had a average season, playoffs appeared and you couldnt score on him, its different for every goalie..I guess we have to wait and see!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Well went to the GAME yesterday and DAMN we had a few quality scoring chances, breakaway..but were not able to score, ROLI played awesome...just wasnt lucky..had some bad bounces, no excuse CHICAGO is a much better/faster team. FLAMERS lost yesterday Looks like KIPPER couldnt stop everything..you will slowly see the FLAMERS drop in the standings...if you ride a HOT goalie into the post season your not ALWAYS guarnteed he will still be as HOT like he was during the regular season...PLAYOFFS are different, its like when we made it to the CUP final vs CANES, ROLI had a average season, playoffs appeared and you couldnt score on him, its different for every goalie..I guess we have to wait and see!
When you don't make the playoff's for the..what is it the 3rd or 4th season this year??lol it won't matter how good or bad rollie play's. The only thig that will matter is if he wants to do just 9 holes or a 18 round game of golf.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I think OLD ROLI had alot of average season's, Oh right and the one good playoff. But hey nobody judge's around here anyway's, do they ?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
I always here the old how many cups do the flames have. Well how many do the oilers have without the great one?? Oh right just one.

Just a thought.

Alex
Now, right there is the essance of LAMER LogicPriceless!!!!......

Old 02-05-2009, 09:49 AM

BP I am starting an online petition to the mods to have your offensive avatar removed....young children do view this forum and shouldn't be exposed to that.....
Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
BP I am starting an online petition to the mods to have your offensive avatar removed....young children do view this forum and shouldn't be exposed to that.....

If we were removing things that looked,smelled amd acted offensive then you Kanon,would have been gone a long time ago

Big test against Chicago tonight,I think the boy's will be hungry
Old 02-05-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
If we were removing things that looked,smelled amd acted offensive then you Kanon,would have been gone a long time ago

Big test against Chicago tonight,I think the boy's will be hungry
I resemble that remark.....
Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I thought you would....that's why I said it...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Those Edmonton guys like to be slapped around a bit

Jamie
Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Well went to the GAME yesterday and DAMN we had a few quality scoring chances, breakaway..but were not able to score, ROLI played awesome...just wasnt lucky..had some bad bounces, no excuse CHICAGO is a much better/faster team.
WOW, I was at the game in question are you sure you were in Rexall?? I am Oilers fan but holy what a BRUTAL game. Outshot 32-13 bofore the game was even over. Edmonton did not even look like they were in the same legue as Chicago on this night. Could not get out of thier own end and give-aways left and right. Very disapointing to watch.

But... I think Edmonton will come back around and start playing consistently better hockey and find themselves somewhere between the 6-8 spot in the playoffs, I just dont see there getting to much separation from 5-10 in the western conferance. It will come down to the last week like it always does. I am hoping for thd Oilers to squeek into 6, I am sure Calgary will still be in 3 and a battle of Alberta playoff round will begin, that would be awesome!

Should be a great last couple of months of Hockey, hope the boys from Edmonton can turn it around!!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
Outshot 32-13 bofore the game was even over.
Newsflash... You will find that the vast majority of shots in ANY game occur before the game is over.

As for the Oiler's fortunes (and I'm a fan), I see nothing that would indicate that they are going to get significantly better or worse than they are now. The coaching group has been in place for years, no key players are injured, etc. They have a new rich owner but are already near the salary cap, so can't go out and pay through the nose for new stud players. I think what we have now is what we are going to have for a while. Leadership will remain for this year, but if the team misses the playoffs or squeeks in and tanks in the first round, I can't imagine why anyone in the oilers coaching ranks or management should get to keep their jobs. Mac T and Lowe are good people, but have had a good long time to try and just haven't done the job.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Newsflash... You will find that the vast majority of shots in ANY game occur before the game is over.

As for the Oiler's fortunes (and I'm a fan), I see nothing that would indicate that they are going to get significantly better or worse than they are now. The coaching group has been in place for years, no key players are injured, etc. They have a new rich owner but are already near the salary cap, so can't go out and pay through the nose for new stud players. I think what we have now is what we are going to have for a while. Leadership will remain for this year, but if the team misses the playoffs or squeeks in and tanks in the first round, I can't imagine why anyone in the oilers coaching ranks or management should get to keep their jobs. Mac T and Lowe are good people, but have had a good long time to try and just haven't done the job.
oks i am with ya..whether we make the playoffs or not....i think the need a management/coaching change.....and they a sell off and a rebuild......and as much as i love who and what the oilers were in the past, i do not think it is a prerequisite for being an oilers coach or GM...
Old 02-05-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
oks i am with ya..whether we make the playoffs or not....i think the need a management/coaching change.....and they a sell off and a rebuild......and as much as i love who and what the oilers were in the past, i do not think it is a prerequisite for being an oilers coach or GM...
Pat Quinn is lookin for a job
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Agree 100%
Old 02-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Pat Quinn is lookin for a job
i would take a look at pat..i may not like him as a person, but ti is hard to argue with his resume'....
Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
i would take a look at pat..i may not like him as a person, but ti is hard to argue with his resume'....
lol I always liked Patty Quinn...Or A guy could always look at the John ( The Crazy) Torterelli...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
He's 66 years old for goodness sake. He's not the long-term coaching solution. And his resume is ok to good, but not great. .567 regular season winning percentage. Got to cup once in 30 years of coaching and lost. Did win Jack Adams as coach of the year twice, but the LAST time was 18 YEARS AGO!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Banned

WOW.. Whats up with my flames. This will make 3 in a row..

Loved Regher between periods. Very honest comments about his team.
Basicly he said they sucked.
Jamie
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
WOW.. Whats up with my flames. This will make 3 in a row..

Loved Regher between periods. Very honest comments about his team.
Basicly he said they sucked.
Jamie
They will be fine, tough schedule coming up. Once they get "er" back here, I think they will be tough to beat the rest of the way...