Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2023, 03:18 PM

Default Auction items in Grand Prairie at GovDeals.ca

Not sure if anybody may be interested in the auction listing at GovDeals.ca. Firearms accessories listing out of Grand Prairie.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage Point View Post
Not sure if anybody may be interested in the auction listing at GovDeals.ca. Firearms accessories listing out of Grand Prairie.
Have a link? I searched by postal code and country and found nothing in GP.
Old 09-02-2023, 07:45 PM

https://www.govdeals.ca/. In firearms accessories listing
Old 09-03-2023, 11:57 AM

Default Is he Mr. Lucky or Mr. Unlucky?

You think you have been lucky or unlucky?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi

I guess it all depends on the point of view.

Still… a little interesting historical tidbit.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-08-2023, 07:41 PM

Wink That's nothing! It's bearly a scratch!

How to deal with a party crasher.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Esh02xR

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 09-10-2023, 03:08 PM

I GOT MY CONCEALED WEAPON CARRY PERMIT YESTERDAY MORNING.
In the afternoon, I went over to the local Cabelas to get a 9mm handgun for home/personal protection.
When I was ready to pay for the pistol and some ammo, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."
Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader!!!
As an intelligent senior citizen, I do not get flustered often. But this time, it took me a while to get my pants back on.
I've been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. They need to make their instructions to seniors a little more clear.
I still don't think I looked that bad...........Just need to wear underwear more often!
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-14-2023, 11:45 AM

You can tell a lot about a person by watching them check equipment for fit and function.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZD3wABl

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 09-16-2023, 07:06 PM

A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in the Southwestern Alberta Foothills when suddenly a brand-new 2023 BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust. The driver, a young man in a Brioni® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglasses and YSL® tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connects it to his Apple i phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg,Germany. Within seconds, he receives an email on his Apple iPad® that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® database through an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet with email on his Galaxy S5® and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 animals."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my animals," says Bud.
He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a UPC MLA for the Alberta Government", says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required," answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you, you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know **** about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep."

"Now give me back my dog."
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-28-2023, 11:57 AM

Default Skins

If anyone comes across some skins let me know!
My wife is getting into taxidermy and needs practice
Old 11-04-2023, 02:14 PM

For the cat servants. Turn the sound on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ckfmWlJ

Old 11-05-2023, 09:21 AM

Thumbs up Special offer!

For a limited time only! Buy 4 and get the 5th for free!
Turn the sound on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qCzY5wM

Old 11-05-2023, 09:34 AM

Thumbs up Master craftsmanship

This is custom gunsmithing.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Lg81Q5k

Old 11-12-2023, 09:44 AM

In response to the "Why can't they build them better?" thread, found here: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=426527

Here is a 1956 Kelvinator Foodarama:
https://imgur.com/gallery/tlXJCxu

Old 11-12-2023, 09:48 AM

Demolition dominoes

https://imgur.com/gallery/QvcenPj

Old 11-19-2023, 10:40 AM

Classic Dave "It's never about the money"

https://imgur.com/gallery/89tKiL6

Old 11-26-2023, 01:17 PM

When someone wants to know why they are called sparkies, show them this.

https://imgur.com/gallery/68s76sr

Old 11-27-2023, 01:02 AM

"Everyone laughed at the "Nay-Sayers" when they tried to stop the logging in the Sahara Rain Forest."
Old 11-27-2023, 01:13 AM

A big-game hunter went on safari with his wife and mother-in-law. One evening, while still deep in the jungle, the big game hunter's wife awoke to find her mother gone.
Rushing to her husband, she insisted on them both trying to find her mother. The hunter picked up his rifle, took a swig of whiskey, and started to look for her. In a clearing not far from the camp, they came upon a chilling sight... the mother-in-law was backed up against a thick, impenetrable bush, and a large male lion stood facing her.

The wife cried, "What are we going to do?"
"Nothing," said the hunter husband. "The lion got himself into this mess, let him get himself out of it."
Old 11-27-2023, 01:16 AM

Beer, far, where ever you are....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQrx-JftOmk
Old 12-01-2023, 08:58 AM

This is lifted off an other Forum, thought it was too good not to share; I’m not allowed to shop at Costco anymore….☹️
Yesterday I was at Costco buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Necco, the Wonder Dog, which weighs 191 lbs. I was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had an elephant? So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again.
I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your jacket pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stopped to Pee on a Fire Hydrant and a car hit me.
I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.
Costco won't let me shop there anymore.
Old 12-01-2023, 05:32 PM

Exclamation Gym accidents

Lack of situational awareness can cause accidents.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oTgNbNt

Old 12-02-2023, 02:32 PM

Finally figured out why all the big trees in a particular forest were dying. They were being de-barked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mulie.jpg (90.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 12-02-2023, 05:47 PM

goldilocks.jpg
Old 12-08-2023, 02:03 PM

I’m still not used to the small Kraft dinner noodles. They seem weird.
Old 12-13-2023, 08:14 AM

Remember to include some cardio in your daily routine.

https://imgur.com/gallery/FsERuL6

Old 01-06-2024, 10:43 AM

Exclamation Propane flash fire

This 13s video captures the spread and ignition of a leak from an LPG station in Pyeongchang, Gangwon Province, Korea. The propane propagates like fog over a large area before it is ignited. There is a link to the story in The Korea Herald with a few pictures of the aftermath.
Ignore the idiotic text in the title and the video; anybody who was there would know it was a propane leak

https://imgur.com/gallery/BukiP9q

Old 01-08-2024, 02:58 PM

Exclamation Nearly a Darwin Award recipient

People stupidly interacting with wildlife is not just a North American phenomenon; turns out it happens everywhere.

https://imgur.com/gallery/iK0ATWp

Old 01-26-2024, 12:41 PM

Riding season will soon be here. Stay safe out there.
Not the recommended way to get off a motorcycle.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ktp7IFz

Old 01-26-2024, 08:08 PM

How would your reaction time fare against this?

https://imgur.com/gallery/Nz4cO6A

Old 02-03-2024, 10:52 AM

When they see the 'No Soliciting' sign.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RRKdvo8