Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Ishtar with Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman is close to the worst movie ever made.
x100........thanks for bringing back the painful memory of Ishtar:sick
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
great movie I thought, but the worst ending ever. is there a real ending in the book?
That's exactly what I thought. Was just waiting for this great ending to a great movie and nothing happened.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
That's exactly what I thought. Was just waiting for this great ending to a great movie and nothing happened.
X3 ...I don't read though......thats not true TJ

The goods well it was stupid was funny and had me laughing!!

Punch Love Drunk with Adam Sandler put me to sleep.

A good recent movie that can be clasified as a chick flick to take the little lady too is It's complicated .....laughed my butt off
Old 01-25-2010, 05:30 PM

We watched Inglorious B@stards over the holidays and was never so dissapointed in my life.

Tree
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
We watched Inglorious B@stards over the holidays and was never so dissapointed in my life.

Tree
WHAT??? Everyone I've talked to thinks its awesome, as do I. Even my wife liked it.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
sheephunter

Quote:

Tree
Really? I thought it was classic Tarintino...not his best but Brad Pitt was awesome. Shows what I have for taste....
Old 01-25-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:

Tree
x2 what a brutal movie..
Old 01-25-2010, 05:39 PM

Too much french cinema.......too little 'Killin' Nazis'.

Brad Pitt did his best in a role he was miscast for, but extremely entertaing as usual. The actor who played the role of the German SS was the only reason I watched it until the end.

Tree
Old 01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Too much french cinema.......too little 'Killin' Nazis'.

Brad Pitt did his best in a role he was miscast for, but extremely entertaing as usual. The actor who played the role of the German SS was the only reason I watched it until the end.

Tree
Ya, it was no Kill Bill for killing and maming that's for sure. I thought it would be more violent too but surprizingly only a few Nazis were hurt in the making of this film...
Old 01-25-2010, 05:50 PM

I liked Inglorious ba#$erds. Worst movie ever for me was Borat.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Ya, it was no Kill Bill for killing and maming that's for sure. I thought it would be more violent too but surprizingly only a few Nazis were hurt in the making of this film...
I watched it with my FIL who's father was KIA in WW2, and he remembered the German planes bombing them. He REALLY didn't care for the flick.

How about this one.......Natural Born Killers?

Tree
Old 01-25-2010, 06:36 PM

inglorious bast@rds was a well made movie, the problem for me was how massively historically incorrect in was. the flick is a jews wet dream. but the thought of some of the smartest military masterminds of the time all attending a premier of a movie together is kind of lame, should have made it a little more realistic.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
inglorious bast@rds was a well made movie, the problem for me was how massively historically incorrect in was. the flick is a jews wet dream. but the thought of some of the smartest military masterminds of the time all attending a premier of a movie together is kind of lame, should have made it a little more realistic.
I believe it was made to be an alternative history, not follow the unfortunate real history. I enjoyed it very much, too bad it wasnt historically accurate, but then who knows where we would all be today, or would we all be today

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Junior with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Horrible. Hundreds more could be mentioned but that one sticks out for me.

As far as inglorious bastards. A work of fiction just trying to put a different spin on world war two films. I found it boring with the only bright spot being the SS officer in charge in finding jews. Did a great job acting out his role.

Defitnitly a movie that tells you who owns all the hollywood studios.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

Worst movie ever - Othello with Sir Anthony Hopkins or, Peewee's Great Adventure

If you can find THE HURT LOCKER on dvd buy it! You'll want to watch it more than once. It's sold out in alot of stores right now.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Congo........only movie I have ever walked out of the theatre on.

I mean I recommend it to everyone
Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM

Worst movie I've seen recently was Broken Flowers with Bill Murray....thought it was going to be another good comedy in the What about Bob? vein, which I loved....but it was truly,truly horrible. The ending left me wanting to throttle somebody good, as it was actually a 'non-ending'. Phhhtt!

Worst ever....hmmmmm. Aliens Vs Predator Requiem? Any Peewee Herman movies for sure.....Pretty bad stuff there too.

Now, I have to add that I really liked Thin Red Line & Natural Born Killers, so I may not be the best judge of movies around here.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-25-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
Battlefield Earth with John Travolta.................now that puts things in perspective........
If you like this you absolutely have to read the book. The best part of the book begins at the end of the movie. I really wish a james Cameron would pick up were the movie left off.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
Have you seen any Quentin Tarrintino movies before? He injects his somewhat warped sense of humor into all his movies.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:45 PM

Shallow Hal. By far the WORST movie ever...... actually anything with Jack Black is pretty awful. I would love to chase that guy through the bush with my bow JMHO
junkie
Old 01-25-2010, 08:12 PM

Plan 9 From Outer Space - it has actually been voted the worst movie of all time. I watched part of it on SSC around Halloween. WOW. Incoherent and awful.

Gods and Generals - the movie lasted about 30 minutes less than the actual civil war. I think I grew a civil war beard while I watched it. So much promise, too....
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

Henry David Thoreau

"And we'll drink but not to forget
But to remember instead
All our happy years."

- Lowest of the Low, Subversives
Old 01-25-2010, 08:41 PM

The movie version of Miami Vice is so bad I still haven't finished watching years later! I've never been so bored that I've been tempted to throw it back in the player.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Congo........only movie I have ever walked out of the theatre on.
Crap. I was going to say that...

Except that I walked out of my living room.

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:44 PM

when it comes to bad movies i recommend Killdozer or Cyborg Soldier. however the worst movie i have ever seen is the scorpion king 2 w/ randy couture.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Have you seen any Quentin Tarrintino movies before? He injects his somewhat warped sense of humor into all his movies.
ya im sure ive watched them all. and to think about it , i guess i shouldnt expect too much reality out of his movies. they are entertaining though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
The movie version of Miami Vice is so bad I still haven't finished watching years later! I've never been so bored that I've been tempted to throw it back in the player.
i fell asleep 2 times trying to watch that movie. but my record for snoozer movie is ......"master and commander" holy crap!
ive watched it 5 times and have never made it half way into it.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:18 AM

I'd Say Open Water, where you spend the whole movie watching a shaky camera waiting for the people to get eaten by a shark. Or Hell comes to Frogtown starring Roddy Roddy Piper, Just plain Bad.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 AM

So many bad movies I've seen couldn't remember or list most of them.

Daredevil was one I wasn't able to finish.

Terror Toons was probably the worst I've seen but atleast finished it.

Dog Soldiers was terrible but pretty funny because it was so bad.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 AM

worst movie, THE ABYSS , i wish i could 've fallen into an abyss for the three wasted hrs !

What's wrong with natural born killers, i loved it, the whole thing is a big spoof on the stupid way TV sensationalizes everything !
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Banned

Anything with Dwayne "the rock" Johnson! OMG everything role he plays he's the same guy!

Or maybe it because he's in all the painful kid movies i'm stuck taking my kids to.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM

Devils Rejects or Battlefield Earth, take your pick. Never made it more than 15 minutes into either then back to the store they went. Absolute garbage IMHO.