Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Banned

For all the people posting in this thread that have no clue on what this protest was all about. Read and get educated with some facts.
http://freedomoutpost.com/2016/02/ha...dc-government/
Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Banned

It seems like this thread has the same 3-4 losers responding to one another having a circle jerk over the government killing Christians and declaring anyone who opposes the government a terrorist. When I see this country falling apart I will always remember these 4 as the reason why. What an embarrassment
Old 02-11-2016, 05:03 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupa...ildlife_Refuge

Wikipedia also has it broken down nicely. Nice little break down of the Hammonds fiasco as well.

You can see why God choose to send Ammon Bundy there to protect their rights rather than deal with something trivial like global hunger or world peace...
Old 02-11-2016, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
It seems like this thread has the same 3-4 losers responding to one another having a circle jerk over the government killing Christians and declaring anyone who opposes the government a terrorist. When I see this country falling apart I will always remember these 4 as the reason why. What an embarrassment
This country is falling apart already.
Problem is most people have their heads so far up the azz they can't see it.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
There's nothing at all wrong with oppposing the government. Having a different opinion doesn't make you a terrorist.
If you bring a weapon into the equation and talk about using it to make your point though.. that kinda does.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
There's nothing at all wrong with oppposing the government. Having a different opinion doesn't make you a terrorist.
If you bring a weapon into the equation and talk about using it to make your point though.. that kinda does.
Apparently you have little knowledge about gun rights in the U.S..
It's legal to carry.
And if you do your probably ready to use it in self defence against any perceived threat.
That includes the government.
Then the courts will decide if a crime was committed.
Not the self proclaimed experts on AO.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
Apparently you have little knowledge about gun rights in the U.S..
It's legal to carry.
And if you do your probably ready to use it in self defence against any perceived threat.
That includes the government.
Then the courts will decide if a crime was committed.
Not the self proclaimed experts on AO.
I'm aware.

Buy telling the cops here I am and oh by the way better not come here with guns cause we have them too. That's not self defense. That's premeditation.

Can't agree more about the self proclaimed experts though haha
Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I'm pretty sure Christ made some comments on that one.
Matthew 5:39 Luke 6:29
That would make Christians ideal slaves, rape victims, theft victims, etc -- they'd never stand up for themselves or fight back! For some reason, Christians haven't followed those comments literally since the inception of Christianity... hmm....

Quote:
As Avb3 said. Leave your religion at home where it belongs, it doesn't matter which one it is.
You guys sound like the religion police. Someone mentioned God's name outside of their home? Lock them up, boys!

Quote:
American citizens have the right to bear arms and to defend themselves. They were not talking about attacking anything or anyone, merely about defending themselves if attacked first.

The word terrorists used to describe people who invoked terror in a population via random, unpredictable, violent attacks. The legal definition has probably been expanded now to include anyone who dares to stand up peacefully against the government. The word just sounds so evil that it had to be used.

Last edited by morphic; 02-11-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Banned

Default Obamacare

Quote:
Guy should be in a hospital for the criminally retarded.
It's a shame he hated the government so much. He could have used Obamacare to get the psych mess he needs...
Old 02-11-2016, 07:06 PM

I did some research on the bundies and lavoy finicum. I found a bunch of you tube videos Lavoy made in regards to his experience with the BLM, fully expecting to find a stereotypical anti government nut.
That was simply not the case. They killed a good man who was standing up for himself and his neighbors. These people are just being pushed too far.
The mainstream media FLAT OUT lies about these guys and most are content to lap it up.
If many of us were put in the same situation we would likely pick up a gun too.
How much control do you relinquish to big brother? I really doubt most people even know what it is to be free now.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urcayuse View Post
I did some research on the bundies and lavoy finicum. I found a bunch of you tube videos Lavoy made in regards to his experience with the BLM, fully expecting to find a stereotypical anti government nut.
That was simply not the case. They killed a good man who was standing up for himself and his neighbors. These people are just being pushed too far.
The mainstream media FLAT OUT lies about these guys and most are content to lap it up.
If many of us were put in the same situation we would likely pick up a gun too.
How much control do you relinquish to big brother? I really doubt most people even know what it is to be free now.
It's amazing what one finds with a little research and an open mind as opposed to letting the MSM set the narrative and one accepts it as the truth.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=morphic;3140558]That would make Christians ideal slaves, rape victims, theft victims, etc -- they'd never stand up for themselves or fight back! For some reason, Christians haven't followed those comments literally since the inception of Christianity... hmm....

Its what the whole religion is built on and they for some reason I find the whole religion hypocritical ..... hmmmm ......
Old 02-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Banned

This may not be over, BTW...

http://www.newstarget.com/2016-02-11...-cover-up.html
Old 02-11-2016, 07:26 PM

Another point, and the start of this latest stand off was the federal governments treatment of the Hammond family. They had a fire get away as a result of a burn which is common practice to control weed infestation. It burnt onto 120 ac of federal land. These ranchers were labeled terrorists and sent to prison for a year which is an outrage on its own. But that wasn't enough they now want these guys to spend another for years in jail because the the law actually states that a five year sentence is minimum.
It's clear to me that Feds are the real terrorists in this case. I'd like to think that I have good enough friends to help make a stand. Five years in jail is worth a good battle IMO.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urcayuse View Post
Another point, and the start of this latest stand off was the federal governments treatment of the Hammond family. They had a fire get away as a result of a burn which is common practice to control weed infestation. It burnt onto 120 ac of federal land. These ranchers were labeled terrorists and sent to prison for a year which is an outrage on its own. But that wasn't enough they now want these guys to spend another for years in jail because the the law actually states that a five year sentence is minimum.
It's clear to me that Feds are the real terrorists in this case. I'd like to think that I have good enough friends to help make a stand. Five years in jail is worth a good battle IMO.
Not hardly. There's more to it than that. They were warned several times about there burning practices.
1 fire was lit supposedly to cover the slaughter of a herd of deer and another time Almost burned 4 firefighters to death lighting back burns without consulting or warning the men at a fire fighting camp over them on a hill.

They aren't just simple farmers who've been persecuted by the government they earned their jail time.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not hardly. There's more to it than that. They were warned several times about there burning practices.
1 fire was lit supposedly to cover the slaughter of a herd of deer and another time Almost burned 4 firefighters to death lighting back burns without consulting or warning the men at a fire fighting camp over them on a hill.

They aren't just simple farmers who've been persecuted by the government they earned their jail time.
If true, they should've been charged with poaching, not charged a second time for the crime they'd already served time for.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:19 PM

The federal government has been trying to push these people off the land for years now. Not just these people either it was just an excuse to imprison regular citizens in Hopes they'd give up or go broke so they could take that land.
For whatever reason the Feds want it but have no real legal way of taking it. This was a way they saw around that, call them terrorists lock them up and absorb the land. Didn't turn out like they hoped me thinks.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:

Your one of the MSM paroits that has absolutely no clue what actually happened and you Pretend to be an expert lol.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Banned

The real story of what's going on in Oregon
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...y-persecution/
Old 02-11-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's a really good read.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your one of the MSM paroits that has absolutely no clue what actually happened and you Pretend to be an expert lol.
He also puts down anyone who has a spine and does not agree with him.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Banned

Witness tells how lavoy finicum was murdered by the authorities.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ore.../11/id/713930/
Old 02-11-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
He also puts down anyone who has a spine and does not agree with him.
Lol, even more irony.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Oh the Irony
Old 02-12-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
So I'm a shill for the msm because I don't get my news from the enquirer? I'm not an expert in much if anything but I do read. A lot.
The Hammond family has a long history in Harney county of confrontation. The court documents are there you can read them yourself.
If you'd rather believe a different truth then that's your perogative I was just saying there's another side than they set a simple fire and it got away from them.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Interesting.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Banned

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns...rt-apperances/

Update
Old 02-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Banned

http://freedomoutpost.com/2016/02/co...egon-standoff/
Old 02-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphic View Post
If true, they should've been charged with poaching, not charged a second time for the crime they'd already served time for.
They were not charged for a second time. People do not absorb the facts.

Fact is there is a minimum sentencing for the specified crime. The prosecutor appealed on that basis. The court confirmed it and required the guilty to serve the proper sentence. The guilty accepted it and went back. Others purported to speak them which the guilty strongly disagreed with.

Apparently when you are burning down public lands to hide a poaching operation the people don't let you off just because you are a rich rancher.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
They were not charged for a second time. People do not absorb the facts.

Fact is there is a minimum sentencing for the specified crime. The prosecutor appealed on that basis. The court confirmed it and required the guilty to serve the proper sentence. The guilty accepted it and went back. Others purported to speak them which the guilty strongly disagreed with.

Apparently when you are burning down public lands to hide a poaching operation the people don't let you off just because you are a rich rancher.
Your repeating MSM talking points not facts.
Read some of the links I've posted and educate yourself with some actual facts.