Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2015, 02:58 PM

I'd never buy a gun if I had to buy it in person............there has to be a better way of weeding out these scums!!! Thankfully I've never been scammed and I've had to provide scan copies of my PAL and trust the other part will delete once they're satisfied....

When I sell I ask if the person has a valid PAL and accept them on their word, not sure if that's legal or not but its what I do...
Old 02-15-2015, 03:58 PM

I've bought two items from here and both have been excellent transactions but I've also had my brother or dad pick up and pay for the items.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:55 PM

Hey this POS tried to scam me again. He used the name Lerique and sent me a copy of a FAC belonging to Mikhail Chouvaeu which of course is not him. Hard to believe RCMP do not have the desire to deal with this. Something is wrong with our system!
Old 02-15-2015, 09:07 PM

With all the flack the RCMP is getting with the High River thing, I would think they would want to be helpful to gun owners...
Old 02-15-2015, 09:26 PM

Kind of like welcome to Scamada
Old 02-15-2015, 10:13 PM

4 guys on this thread alone scammed by fraud, identity theft, theft, etc. No prob, we even have cops defending themselves & their lack of inaction. They can't even believe how someone would be angry that a citizen can find the perp's IP address, probable bank, etc. No sir, they have to be called to task before finally grudgingly admitted there was a fraud. Then think we should be proud of them & respect them. Ahhhh, not likely
Old 02-15-2015, 11:35 PM

Default Forward any imformation

Send any information you have got to Michelle.Ballantyne@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
She has opened a file on this guy , might get lucky . It's the same guy .
Glad to see she has taken an interest in this matter .
Old 02-16-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
4 guys on this thread alone scammed by fraud, identity theft, theft, etc. No prob, we even have cops defending themselves & their lack of inaction. They can't even believe how someone would be angry that a citizen can find the perp's IP address, probable bank, etc. No sir, they have to be called to task before finally grudgingly admitted there was a fraud. Then think we should be proud of them & respect them. Ahhhh, not likely
Is this all through the WTB classified section????

Maybe if we want to conduct business in the classifieds we should allow ourselves to be put in a registry established by AOF.....just a thought. I know how some feel about a registry but dang if 4 guys have been taken already.

I've bought off guys here and nothing but good dealings with the transactions and the members.....
Old 02-20-2015, 08:47 PM

Bump

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:07 AM

I wonder if this is the same guy that ripped a bunch of us off a year ago on a Nightforce scope?

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 02-22-2015, 01:38 PM

Anyone have any interest in pooling a little money together to find this POS. Anyone have any contact information that would lead to finding him. Someone must have the smarts to track him down. Lets work together.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorn88 View Post
Anyone have any interest in pooling a little money together to find this POS. Anyone have any contact information that would lead to finding him. Someone must have the smarts to track him down. Lets work together.
Private investigator??
Old 02-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Bump....this guy needs to stay high on the list of important items and to protect our members.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
Also bank manager of royal bank sad all rcmp had to do was get warrant and he would provide all information about that bank account every thing!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorn88 View Post
bank tellers dont make a lot of money. find one give them the account number and $1000 they give you the info.

once you know his name and address you can just use that any way you want
Old 03-04-2015, 06:47 PM

Bump

Old 03-10-2015, 05:54 PM

I just got scammed $3000 for a 50bmg he "sold" me... Fack me I searched and searched for this kinda info before I paid and to find out today !!! Payed him Sunday . What's my options
Old 03-10-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel1sh View Post
I just got scammed $3000 for a 50bmg he "sold" me... Fack me I searched and searched for this kinda info before I paid and to find out today !!! Payed him Sunday . What's my options
HOLY PH_ _ _ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is this happening? Can folks go through the process so those of us that haven't been scammed yet know what signs to look for? What red flags to be cautious of???

Where did this happen Squirrel, on AO???
Old 03-10-2015, 06:56 PM

Perhaps silverdoctor can use some of his computer know-how to track this guy down?
I would happily pay this scumbag a visit. A friend of mind can trace ip addresses through ads, not totally legal but neither is scamming people....
Old 03-10-2015, 07:19 PM

He messaged me through AO somehow . It came to my email through here but I don't have a pm from him, then through email we agreed on price and all. It was about a Barrett m99 50bmg with scope and 90 handloaded rounds and 100 brass and the press and dies.... I have all the emails and an address and phone number ( he does text from it and have answered my call today ) .. Says he lives in riverton Manitoba. CFO office said his pal is not valid , I have a pic of it to .
Old 03-10-2015, 07:21 PM

I seen this thread today about him and it confirmed the feeling I've had since yesterday morning that I was getting screwed... He didn't ship yesterday then today said he shipped it for $15 with no tracking number ... I didn't give it away that I knew it was a scam on the phone cause I wanted to hear what he wanted to say. He doesn't speek good English
Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 PM

Reported to my bank and rcmp also
Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
He messaged me through AO somehow . It came to my email through here but I don't have a pm from him, then through email we agreed on price and all. It was about a Barrett m99 50bmg with scope and 90 handloaded rounds and 100 brass and the press and dies.... I have all the emails and an address and phone number ( he does text from it and have answered my call today ) .. Says he lives in riverton Manitoba. CFO office said his pal is not valid , I have a pic of it to .
I think you should post up the emails and such...
Its a shame he scammed you.3k is a lot to lose. I hope the police will start to take him a little more seriously.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro1 View Post
Perhaps silverdoctor can use some of his computer know-how to track this guy down?
I would happily pay this scumbag a visit. A friend of mind can trace ip addresses through ads, not totally legal but neither is scamming people....
I'd need direct access to peoples emails to retrieve headers, and i'm not too fond of doing that. But if people are willing, lets post up IP's and get whatever we can - if that's ok with the mods?

Chances are good if this guy has been at it for this long, and hasn't been caught yet, he's hiding his ip or using public wifi. But of course he could be a complete idiot too.

It's funny. With police being given access to Canadians subscriber information and all internet data that they won't simply chase down an IP and pick him up. Dealt with the RCMP in BC a few years ago when a client got scammed for $70K - they had 3 people arrested within 45 minutes of getting the IP's - no warrant needed of course to get the info from Shaw.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:30 PM

Pm me ur email do I can forward all the stuff I have to catch this pos, I really wanted the 50
Old 03-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pm me ur email do I can forward all the stuff I have to catch this pos, I really wanted the 50
That's the issue, forwarding an email will give me your info, not the scammers. Would need direct access.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:41 PM

Oh
Old 03-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh
What email system do you use? See if we can get you to pull the header information out of it.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Well let me know if he does live in Riverton, I'll get a "posse" together. PM me his PAL if you want, I know folks from there. It is a very small town...
Old 03-10-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Again is this scam usually through the WTB adds? Question for mods, how does an individual get to send an email through this forum if he is not a member?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Again is this scam usually through the WTB adds? Question for mods, how does an individual get to send an email through this forum if he is not a member?
I will sign out and see if i can figure it out..
Nope, you cant even see the sellers profile without being logged in...