Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2007, 05:13 PM
shotgun

Default Re: Chemicals

hmmmm. lotsa stones being thrown, gotta wonder how many glass houses there are?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Tree Guy

Default Re: Chemicals

Pack, if I am incorrect, you took 3 pike form the adjoining waterway and put them into your inclosed dugout/ecosystem? So what? They could have come in through the pipe anyway, right?

Does Pack sound like a criminal? Give me a break! The reason the law exists is to prevent illegal stocking of lakes, not small private fish ponds.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
tree

Default tree

Quote:
The reason the law exists is to prevent illegal stocking of lakes, not small private fish ponds.
are you sur about that treeguy and not all waterways like small private fish ponds included even if they are on private prop:\ .
Old 04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Tree Guy

Default Re: tree

Ya Robert, I understand. Do you mean like beaver pond systems and small creeks? I'm just saying that the 'letter of the law' should apply to Pack, but taking 3 small pike from an adjoining waterway and putting them into an enclosed ecosystem where the odds are stacked against them, let alone them spawning, is beyond the 'letter of the law'.

Pack stepped up and admitted his mistake, and was more than willing to take responsibility for his actions. We can all learn something from that.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:10 PM
tree

Default tree

Quote:
We can all learn something from that.
There is no room for ignorance you move one fish from {one }body of water to another .that are we to learn from this its ok now and then.:rolleyes
Old 04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Tree Guy

Default Re: tree

I understand what you are saying Robert, but in all likelyhood, given enough time, those pike would have come through his pipe anyway. What's the difference?

Pack seems like a responsible individual who is more than willing to stand up and take the consequences for his actions. That pike would be introduced into his pond was merely an eventuality, he only expediated it with 3 fish.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Shack nasties anyone

Default Shack nasties anyone

Pack, how far did you have to transport the fish? According to the laws if it was within the limits set out by our regulations than you didn't break any law. If it was less than 100 m from the canal then there is loop holes in the current laws that will set you free of any charges.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:36 AM
willy

Default 100m?

Where is this law that says 100m you can transplant fish? I know what pack was doin and it wont hurt anything. But sure doesnt look good when someone breaks the law on purpose. Should a person living on a farm be able to take fish from a public water body to stock his own dugout? Pack which lake were these fish taken from?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Body Water

Default Body Water

Quote:
If it was less than 100 m from the canal then there is loop holes in the current laws that will set you free of any charges.
and this comeing from something called {give it a rest} we all should go on our way now thanks so much.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:04 AM
BloodHound70

Default Re: Body Water

It never ceases to amaze me that some of you come down off your crosses long enough to post in here. The very first post he said that he was aware that it wasn't right, you two also voiced your opinion. Why not just leave it at that, instead of harping on the same thing. This thread was to get some info and now it got highjacked into a moral debate like all to many threads end up in here.:rolleyes :rolleyes

BH
Old 04-04-2007, 07:36 AM
WOW

Default WOW

Maybe he should just delet this thread .
Old 04-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Tree Guy

Default Re: WOW

Why?

He was asking for advice, and once it became apparant that he made a mistake, he owned up to it and asked any CO's or law enforcement officers on the thread to PM him so he could provide them with the information to contact him so he could deal with the circumstances.

Pack, don't listen to nationwide, don't delete the thread as there is alot to be learned from it!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
cub

not to sure that id be telling the whole world that i ILLEGALLY transported live fish to my pond sounds like poaching to me, just my 2 cents. anyone else feel the same?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Tree Guy

Cub, I'm sure that if he felt or even realized for a second that he was breaking the law he would not have put the thread up.

I don't think I would compare someone taking three small fish from a nearby waterway and putting them into an enclosed ecosystem 'poaching'! That's pretty harsh.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 PM
cub

(unable to load pagetext)
Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 PM
willy

Default call it like it is

POACHING Why should he be treated different