Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
The sad part is that it’s illegal to have on the vehicle but it is not illegal for the part store to sell it. If something is illegal to use shouldn’t selling it also be ?
Follow the money. The government gets revenue from the sale of the item, and then generates even more revenue when people are fined for using it.

Random list of other automotive related items that are, or were, in the same category.
radar detectors (were illegal)
window tint
darkened headlight lenses
non SAE approved headlights

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-08-2022, 09:13 PM

Quote:
The sad part is that it’s illegal to have on the vehicle but it is not illegal for the part store to sell it. If something is illegal to use shouldn’t selling it also be ?
More bans.
That's always the effective answer...
Old 11-09-2022, 12:23 AM

Quote:
I remember all aftermarket crаp sold at ChinaTire were labeled "not for highway use"... Tint, undercarriage lights, spinners, license plate covers, etc...
Think about the lightbars. There are rules how they can be installed, and when and where they can be used... Still legal to sell and buy.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Are you seriously not able to notice the bright florescent decals that are now required on photo radar vehicles, and they are no long able to "hide" between vehicles, or blind roads/etc.

If your running a red light or speeding thru an intersection, you deserve a ticket, and those covers do next to nothing.
Did you notice they dusted off good old photo radar boxes. Even when painted fluorescent Green/yellow they are still nearly invisible. City never plays fair. What should you?
Old 11-09-2022, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Are you seriously not able to notice the bright florescent decals that are now required on photo radar vehicles, and they are no long able to "hide" between vehicles, or blind roads/etc.

If your running a red light or speeding thru an intersection, you deserve a ticket, and those covers do next to nothing.
You do know that Edmonton is the only municipality that requires photo radar vehicles to have a flag, signage and be a bright colour, right?
Also, Edmonton uses mobile boxes that look like regular green utility boxes for photo radar
Old 11-09-2022, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak77 View Post
Did you notice they dusted off good old photo radar boxes. Even when painted fluorescent Green/yellow they are still nearly invisible. City never plays fair. What should you?
Then you might want to get your eyes checked..
Old 11-09-2022, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
You do know that Edmonton is the only municipality that requires photo radar vehicles to have a flag, signage and be a bright colour, right?
Also, Edmonton uses mobile boxes that look like regular green utility boxes for photo radar
That used to be the case..dec.1 rules are changing, it's required Alberta wide.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:08 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

It’s all just a vicious circle of money, money and more money.....make the covers, buddy buys it, gets a ticket and goes to buy another one.....who’s the fool

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-09-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
More bans.
That's always the effective answer...
I am not in favour of any more government control. But I do wonder how many people bought and used those and received a ticket? I wonder if the store told them they could get a fine? If I ran a parts store I would not sell items were illegal for the customer to use.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I am not in favour of any more government control. But I do wonder how many people bought and used those and received a ticket? I wonder if the store told them they could get a fine? If I ran a parts store I would not sell items were illegal for the customer to use.
You can buy deer bait at Bass Pro. Apparently you can sell what you want with buyers beware their responsibility.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/13052...eer-attractant

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/139702

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/89644...k-mineral-lick
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-09-2022, 01:31 PM

Also, most cars can go above the top speed limit in the province and country. Should be governed at 130, which is the highest I know of in Canada.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
There are many items sold that can used illegally

Super bright headlights/light bars, window tint, plate covers etc.

People use them regardless of laws, weird part is they complain about getting a ticket for it.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You can buy deer bait at Bass Pro. Apparently you can sell what you want with buyers beware their responsibility.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/13052...eer-attractant

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/139702

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/89644...k-mineral-lick
Yeah I guess it’s up to the individual what any product is used for. Could actually be feeding them to get nice pictures.