Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
Ever hear of a 2 year fawn? Because there are 2 year calf moose all over so thanks for trying. Better luck next time.

?
Pretty sure the quote above says 2.... Nice try, maybe next time

Last edited by C & C; 11-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Didn't say 2 year old. I guess I am from the country were we grew up learning about stuff like this. Don't expect city folk to understand. Nothing personal, or maybe there is. Don't have time to dumb it down for some of you busy road hunting.
Legend in his own mind
Old 11-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't say 2 year old. I guess I am from the country were we grew up learning about stuff like this. Don't expect city folk to understand. Nothing personal, or maybe there is. Don't have time to dumb it down for some of you busy road hunting.
Easy now.. I will paitenly await this explanation,, cause you know I am sure you have vast experience with moose living down by Hanna..
Old 11-03-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Ever hear of a 2 year fawn? Because there are 2 year calf moose all over so thanks for trying. Better luck next time.

?
A 2 year old moose is not a calf bud, if you have a calf tag and shoot a yearling, u could find yourself some trouble
Old 11-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & C View Post
Pretty sure the quote about says 2.... Nice try, maybe next time
Pretty sure it dosent 2 year old. Like I said, don't expect some to understand. Don't have time to explain. If you want to come up I will find the time to show you
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
Easy now.. I will paitenly await this explanation,, cause you know I am sure you have vast experience with moose living down by Hanna..
Hanna?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Banned

Well,, is that not close to Morrin as your header suggests..
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM

e
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
A 2 year old moose is not a calf bud, if you have a calf tag and shoot a yearling, u could find yourself some trouble
Thanks ingenious. At least I know if I need any obvious explanations I can ask you. Mind you there are lots on here I could ask for similar advise.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:30 PM

This should be simple for you, if you don't mean 2 years old, then what dose 2 year fawn, or 2 year calf mean? It sounds to me like you made a mistake and now your going through denial trying to defend yourself?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Well,, is that not close to Morrin as your header suggests..
3/4 hour. Not sure that there are many moose there never hunted near there
Old 11-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure it dosent 2 year old. Like I said, don't expect some to understand. Don't have time to explain. If you want to come up I will find the time to show you
LOL way to be ethug, can just imagine you puffing your chest up for your computer right now

I guess the right words escape you? Throw out generalizations about people because you have trouble figuring out what you are trying to say? You used the 2 year calf (non existent btw) to compare to a fawn.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
3/4 hour. Not sure that there are many moose there never hunted near there

45 min away,, oh then my appoligies by all means,, you are in the heart of moose country then.. Carry on..
Old 11-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
This should be simple for you, if you don't mean 2 years old, then what dose 2 year fawn, or 2 year calf mean? It sounds to me like you made a mistake and now your going through denial trying to defend yourself?
A 2 year old fawn would be a do or a buck.a 2 year calf moose is still a calf moose. I could do that in crayon, place it on the seat of the short bus, and you can read it on the way to preschool in the morning if you want.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Getting back to the OP, at least the people described did not shoot long distance at it as that would be as unethical as harvesting a calf under 2 years of age.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
A 2 year old fawn would be a do or a buck.a 2 year calf moose is still a calf moose. I could do that in crayon, place it on the seat of the short bus, and you can read it on the way to preschool in the morning if you want.
Again,,,,,, WTF ????
Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
So is that in moose years where 2 moose years = 1 human year?

Edit: So much win there I made it my sig
Old 11-03-2012, 04:42 PM

Can somebody tell me difference between eating a yearling pig, lamb or veal, and eating a yearling moose or deer because I can't see the difference except that I didn't kill the domesticated critters.

Cat
Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Can somebody tell me difference between eating a yearling pig, lamb or veal, and eating a yearling moose or deer because I can't see the difference except that I didn't kill the domesticated critters.

Cat
Other than Moose can time travel so that a yearling moose is really 2 yearlings old I can't think of any
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & C View Post
Other than Moose can time travel so that a yearling moose is really 2 yearlings old I can't think of any
Or is it a yearling that is 2 years old?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
A 2 year old fawn would be a do or a buck.a 2 year calf moose is still a calf moose.I could do that in crayon, place it on the seat of the short bus, and you can read it on the way to preschool in the morning if you want.

The hell is you problem,
E-bully here...

The part in bold is incorrect, anything over one year is considered a yearling, not a calf.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyes View Post
again,,,,,, wtf ????
x2....lmfao!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
The hell is you problem,
E-bully here...

The part in bold is incorrect, anything over one year is considered a yearling, not a calf.
Apparently in some parts of the province they are referred to as a fawnling.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:

Cat
Yah I don't know Cat.. First off by November I would think its extremly rare if at all to even have a fawn with spots,,, not that it matters. Now I do not take does or cows often but have done it a few times over the years.. Given the chance I have always tryed to take the small ones, with them you know they are young and as such are darn good eatin.. I mean thats the whole point of taking a female is for the meat. With a big old doe you never know how old they are, I have had some pretty rank doe meat a time or two.

Sorry call me sadistic if you want but I like good eats man..
Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Yah I don't know Cat.. First off by November I would think its extremly rare if at all to even have a fawn with spots,,, not that it matters. Now I do not take does or cows often but have done it a few times over the years.. Given the chance I have always tryed to take the small ones, with them you know they are young and as such are darn good eatin.. I mean thats the whole point of taking a female is for the meat. With a big old doe you never know how old they are, I have had some pretty rank doe meat a time or two.

Sorry call me sadistic if you want but I like good eats man..
Our season up here starts Sept.1.
I have seen some late fawns with a few spots taken on the wainright base during the muzzle loading season however.
BW guys, I re-checked, and the OP said noiothig about the deer having spots, only that it looked like it had just shook them off!!
Cat
Old 11-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
On a side note, i wish people would use proper ages on animals..... in hunting season everything is 2.5,3.5,4.5 etc.. when people say 2 year old, do they mean 1.5 or 2.5 year old??....
You forgot the 0.5 year old fawn/calf/lamb
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I have seen some late fawns with a few spots taken on the wainright base during the muzzle loading season however.
BW guys, I re-checked, and the OP said noiothig about the deer having spots, only that it looked like it had just shook them off!!
Cat
The spots make great white deer hair caddises & tom thumbs.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Cat
Oh I know Cat,,, born and raised and lived 42 years in Lac La Biche lol..

But if you remember its only been the last few years we could shoot a doe until Nov 1st, until then it was buck only..
Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
In case of loss with reality feel free to substitute your own. Add a little colorful insult to try to disguise the fact that you're completely wrong...
Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Oh I know Cat,,, born and raised and lived 42 years in Lac La Biche lol..

But if you remember its only been the last few years we could shoot a doe until Nov 1st, until then it was buck only..
Heck, they even give us extra tags up here now- and we were ALWAYS in the Sunday hunting green zone!!
Cat
Old 11-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Heck, they even give us extra tags up here now- and we were ALWAYS in the Sunday hunting green zone!!
Cat
Yup,, hunting is one of the main reasons I have moved back north,, well that and fishing and well just about everything else about it..
Closed Thread