Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-16-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
It would be cool if they would make a faster twist 6ppc it would be a nice repeater. Why don't they? It's a niche that needs to be filled unlike a lot of new cartridges. There's also already the 6ar which is nearly the same as the arc. I don't want to blast all that powder out of a 243 just to launch a 6mm
The arc is a fast twist ppc plus .030 at the shoulder
Old 06-16-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW223 View Post
The arc is a fast twist ppc plus .030 at the shoulder
Yes but I don't want a new cartridge that's almost the same as the ppc I just want a rifle that will shoot the bullet I want from an established cartridge
Old 06-16-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Yes but I don't want a new cartridge that's almost the same as the ppc I just want a rifle that will shoot the bullet I want from an established cartridge
Just get a faster twist ppc , I have shot an 8 twist ppc , worked great
Old 06-16-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW223 View Post
Just get a faster twist ppc , I have shot an 8 twist ppc , worked great
Nobody makes a faster twist ppc. Never mind I seem to be wasting my breath
Old 06-17-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Nobody makes a faster twist ppc. Never mind I seem to be wasting my breath
They make barrels every day. There are a lot of things in the gun world that I cannot buy. A very large percentage of it actually. So if I want something that is unavailable, I have to build it.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Banned

You should give hw223 a lesson on building barrels chuck
Old 06-17-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
You should give hw223 a lesson on building barrels chuck
Huh?

-Billy Molls
Old 06-17-2020, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Sounds interesting for sure. Let's hope the newest thing since sliced bread isn't a barrel burner like a lot of 6mm class fatties are.
it shouldn't be if running factory pressure of 52,000...if you jack it up with reloads into the 62,000+ range well i'd have to guess it would be similar, the 6.5 grendel should still own the barrel life win between the two as factory to factory the Arc is 170-225 fps faster, should be similar ration on the reloaders side of things
Old 06-17-2020, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
You guys should just go out film a what ever distance shoot and post it on YouTube so we can judge and watch each other. The losers could be shunned as per typical AO tradition.
amen, it doesn't take long for a cartidge/caliber thread to get reduced to the witch hunts lol

fully expected here

dick/cat, i just hunt, almost always alone, the few friends that do both competitive target/hunt and have hunted together many times test and prove occasionally, friendly call outs, whatever...it all helps field potential and staying sharp

the friend from these examples is not only a machine at the range...one of the best field shots i've ever seen, absolutely the best running coyote shooter i've ever seen even on videos, well Les and him would be in the same league but Les throws more lead, so percentage of shots to hits advantage would go to my friend i'm sure

nothing wrong with being obsessed with and enjoying accuracy and taking it as far as many of you do, i do what i have to do to be ready for the hunting situations and coyotes being a common obsession only helps, you guys can tempt me into your world and ya for groups or whatever, you'll probably eat me up there, but in my only world i will run with you when it counts, period, you can believe whatever you want, this is the internet afterall, i've only ever hunted and i've always been a strong closer

markymark...still haven't watched the video, i'll get around to it one day
Old 06-17-2020, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
It would be cool if they would make a faster twist 6ppc it would be a nice repeater. Why don't they? It's a niche that needs to be filled unlike a lot of new cartridges. There's also already the 6ar which is nearly the same as the arc. I don't want to blast all that powder out of a 243 just to launch a 6mm
This is essentially the 6ar but for Hornady to standardize it and bring it to the world they pushed the shoulder back a bit, had to make things a touch different i guess, i'm sure a couple other things beyond that went into the final 6arc saami. This version is just fully available off the shelf whereas the 6ar is a reloaders cartridge(neck down grendel brass) and needing custom barrel/reamer etc.