Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutLakeJohnnie View Post
Good Sir, oil revenues go to both provincial and federal coffers. Many here credit Harper with some mystic power of management. If you have oceans of cash flowing into your pockets, it's easy to attain Godhood based on this form of vetting.
The myth that the Cons managed the economy, is just that.

Here we are in what Harper calls a "technical" recession. Look around. "Technical" unemployment. Ask anyone who WAS employed in the oil industry. "Technical"?? Just another LIE! Harper did not create the recession NOR did he prepare for it or things wouldn't be as bad as they are.
Harper's finance minister refuses to admit the obvious. The FINANCE MINISTER! Credibility is not his best suit. Better go with the vertical stripes.

PT Barnum really describes this state of affairs.

Wake up!
I've been in the oil industry longer than you've been trolling, you might want to do a little research.....and learn something about the economy...
Old 10-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Banned

Heyupduck

I'm not going to quote your entire post.

For starters it was the Liberals that sent our troops to Afghanistan

Second the Canadian military has been there where they were needed in what ever compacity they were needed and they served proudly and they will continue to do so.

Have we lost a few
Absolutely

Are these peacekeeping missions?

Absolutely not

But you don't fight terrorism without losing a few good men

If you can't stand behind our troops
Feel free to stand in front of them
Old 10-12-2015, 09:27 PM

Careful guys - don't get too worked up over this election. Or else when Trudeau wins a majority you'll all die of heart attacks and there won't be anyone left to vote for the Cons next time around.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Banned

Here ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyupduck View Post
The Conservative government got us through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression -- Canadians say they want change. - a reason we avoided financial crisis were the banking regulations that have been in place for years and years - thank the cons/ liberals for that The opposition parties screamed like hell to get Harper to spend, spend, spend our way out of the recession but he withstood their pressure and didn't. If he had, we would have been in one hell of a mess now.

The government reduced the GST by two percentage points, a 30% reduction on a tax that we pay on everything -- Canadians say they want a change.
more children living in poverty - i want change You want more Justin taxes, tax cuts that he will reversed and a Carbon Tax that will ensure that virtually everything will cost everyone more contributing to more children living in poverty?

The government introduced pension splitting for retirees. Canadians say they want change. - good point

The government introduced income splitting for families who wish for one of the parents to stay at home and raise the family. Canadian say they want change. Benefits the rich households the most, not all Canadians Myth! I live off a Military pension and my Wife works at Walmart. We consider ourselves middle class and income splitting helped us a lot this year.

The government instituted tax free savings accounts, which benefit anyone willing to save -- Canadians say they want change - great if you have the money to save - how's your credit card doing? You'll have even LESS money to save with Justin's plan to raise taxes and our cost of living.

The government has negotiated a number of international trade deals which will stand us in good stead in years to come -- Canadians say they want change. Which one? All of them.

The government stands four square in favour of Israel, a country threatened with extinction by a vastly larger contingent in the area, and the only democracy in the Middle East -- Canadians say they want change. - yep, I'm tired of our soldiers being dragged in to conflicts all over the world. What was accomplished in Afghanistan? Remember when Canada was neutral, loved and respected (this government treats our soldiers and vets like #$it too by the way) Our Troops made a lot of great accomplishments in Afghanistan. Not only did they help bring stability to the region, the did so much humanitarian work, rebuilding schools, etc that you know nothing about. Our serving Soldiers have never been treated better under Harper. As a Veteran, I can tell you that the VAST majority of us are happy with how we are treated. You have been duped by a small but vocal group of Veterans.....My guess is about 5K of them.

Canada has been declared the best country in the world in which to live -- Canadians say they want change. - It was declared the best country to live before the cons take power Really? See my meme in an earlier post.

The government made the Aboriginal Chiefs and their councils accountable to the band members and to the taxpayers as to where the money is spent --- Canadians say they want change - this was a great move by Harper

The government has made Tax Exempt Charities accountable for spending their money purely on charitable things, not political things --- Canadian say they want change. Yep - good stuff

The government has now made unions accountable to their membership as to how the union dues are spent, on strictly union things and not political things. Again great stuff, but how about stopping corporate donations? Sure, at the same time let's stop union donations to left wing parties.

And now the Senate will get its house in order after too many spending scandals of all parties and perhaps be eliminated totally because of its partisan nature even though it is not supposed to be partisan. Harper promised to get rid of the senate didn't he? How many senators has he appointed again? He never promised that, Mulcair did. No party can get rid of the Senate without all provinces agreeing to amend the Constitution....ala Meach Lake Accord.

The government wants to readdress the Supreme Court decision to allow woman to wear a Niquab (face covering) while taking their citizenship oath and/or when it comes time to vote in any election --- Canadians say they want change - really? What do you want Muslims to do to make you happy? Wear a yellow badge? No, respect our traditions as we respect theirs. The niqab is not a religious item, it is a cultural one.

The government scrapped the outrageously expensive long gun registry which did nothing to protect the public. Criminals do not register their guns -- Canadian say they want change - good move

The government stepped out of the Kyoto Accord which was going to see millions of dollars being sent to foreign countries in the guise of bettering the environment and remain very unaccountable as usual once it change hands -- and Canadians say they want change - good move

The government is trying to stop foreign babies becoming automatic citizens just because they happened to be born here while Mother was in Canada (it may already be law ?) -- Canadians say they want change - no problem with this

The government is trying to get the CBC to be accountable for the 1 billion dollars it receives annually from the taxpayers of this country (I wonder why CBC doesn't like this government) -- Canadian says they want change I agree, but why isn't the government accountable for the F-35 fiasco - 40 billion now? And what do we have to show for it? Nothing. At least I can listen to the CBC They are accountable otherwise you wouldn't be holding them accountable. This is much too complex for one or two sentences.

The government forced over 20 (and still more to come) known foreign criminals who were hiding in this country under the guise of refugee status -- Canadian say they want change - yep

The government taught the western world how to deal with Putin and his aggression in Ukraine thereby elevating Canada's stature and international reputation -- and Canadians say they want change
And Putin listened didn't he.......er no he didn't. Putin is doing exactly WTF he wants Harper is a scrappt Tomcat trying to find a home, Putin is a Tiger (and not a very nice one). Oh, he listened, as did the entire world which gained Canada a lot of respect in their eyes.

My question to those Canadians who want change is which of the foregoing would you like to change, why, and what would you replace them with?"

Good question, this is the most dismal election I can remember, but one thing I do know is we don't need a dictator which is exactly how Harper is acting. Silencing the press, finding scapegoats........god help us, the Liberals and NDP are a joke too. Pretty hard to be vocal with are media (Sun Media being the exception) when they are all left wing and trying to set Harper up with every question. Justin wouldn't answer the Sun News Network's questions and actually boycotted them at one point.

Last edited by HunterDave; 10-12-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
The Conservative government got us through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression -- Canadians say they want change. - a reason we avoided financial crisis were the banking regulations that have been in place for years and years - thank the cons/ liberals for that

The government instituted tax free savings accounts, which benefit anyone willing to save -- Canadians say they want change - great if you have the money to save - how's your credit card doing?
Other than most lefties that cannot budget, most Canadians are actually saving.
Quote:
The government has negotiated a number of international trade deals which will stand us in good stead in years to come -- Canadians say they want change. Which one?
What have they negotiated? We now have agreements with pacific rim countries, European countries and South American countries amongst others. Who benefits? All of us.
Quote:
The government stands four square in favour of Israel, a country threatened with extinction by a vastly larger contingent in the area, and the only democracy in the Middle East -- Canadians say they want change. - yep, I'm tired of our soldiers being dragged in to conflicts all over the world. What was accomplished in Afghanistan? Remember when Canada was neutral, loved and respected (this government treats our soldiers and vets like #$it too by the way)
Canada has never been neutral, do you know any history? Also the lieberals got us involved in Afghanistan remember?
Quote:

Canada has been declared the best country in the world in which to live -- Canadians say they want change. - It was declared the best country to live before the cons take power
true but you lot keep telling us how Harper has destroyed everything. How is it that we are still number one?
Quote:
The government made the Aboriginal Chiefs and their councils accountable to the band members and to the taxpayers as to where the money is spent --- Canadians say they want change - this was a great move by Harper

The government has made Tax Exempt Charities accountable for spending their money purely on charitable things, not political things --- Canadian say they want change. Yep - good stuff

The government has now made unions accountable to their membership as to how the union dues are spent, on strictly union things and not political things. Again great stuff, but how about stopping corporate donations?

And now the Senate will get its house in order after too many spending scandals of all parties and perhaps be eliminated totally because of its partisan nature even though it is not supposed to be partisan. Harper promised to get rid of the senate didn't he? How many senators has he appointed again?
actually no. Harper promised reform not elimination. The courts said he needed the provinces on side and they refused. Mulcair is lying when he states he can do anything more.
Quote:
The government wants to readdress the Supreme Court decision to allow woman to wear a Niquab (face covering) while taking their citizenship oath and/or when it comes time to vote in any election --- Canadians say they want change - really? What do you want Muslims to do to make you happy? Wear a yellow badge?
come on hyperbole much? Harper is asking people to give lip service to gender equality at one ceremony and nothing more. All the racism talk and intolerance talk is just bs attempts to show the old "hidden agenda". Give it a rest.
Quote:

The government taught the western world how to deal with Putin and his aggression in Ukraine thereby elevating Canada's stature and international reputation -- and Canadians say they want change
And Putin listened didn't he.......er no he didn't. Putin is doing exactly WTF he wants Harper is a scrappt Tomcat trying to find a home, Putin is a Tiger (and not a very nice one)
obviously a Putin fanboy. But seriously what exactly are the other guys going to do, send coats?
Quote:

My question to those Canadians who want change is which of the foregoing would you like to change, why, and what would you replace them with?"

Good question, this is the most dismal election I can remember, but one thing I do know is we don't need a dictator which is exactly how Harper is acting. Silencing the press, finding scapegoats........god help us, the Liberals and NDP are a joke too
Old 10-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Careful guys - don't get too worked up over this election. Or else when Trudeau wins a majority you'll all die of heart attacks and there won't be anyone left to vote for the Cons next time around.
If you are voting Liberal, just leave your firearms at the door on your way out of the polling station....lol!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:55 PM

In my opinion Excellent post by Lilsundance. Done voting last Saturday.I support conservatives.See what happen with elections next week. I wish CANADA is a country strong and recognized as top country in the word.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:17 PM

Well done LilSundance, well done!!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
That is part of the problem, many people have decided not to have kids so they tend to have a me me me selfish attitude. Generally people that get married and start a family naturally become more Conservative. You can even tell on this forum, many of the lefties are childless.

What a dumb thing to say.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:28 PM

Don't thank me, I read it and did a bit of research and then copy and pasted from Facebook.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:36 PM

thanks sundance, I'll tip my hat to hunterdave and jamesb too.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Banned

Pretty hard to argue with facts, especially when you have no idea what they are and rely purely on rhetoric that you have heard.....lol!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggrlee View Post
thanks sundance, I'll tip my hat to hunterdave and jamesb too.
As do I.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
Ok I know you hate Harper and want change. Now read this whole thing and then state what you would change???

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper should not be praised for everything he has done. Nevertheless, he is arguably as good as any prime minister we've ever had, maybe even the best. I am prepared to trust God, no matter what the outcome, but until the decision is made, it is my conviction that we should do everything we can to help Mr. Harper win re-election. To that end I am posting the guts of an e-mail sent out by Ted Byfield, founder of Alberta Report Newsmagazine and most recently General Editor of the Christian History Project. I urge you to pass this information on to everyone you can.

The Conservative government got us through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression -- Canadians say they want change. How so we're still feeling the effects 5 years later while other countries economits are picking up our is recession.

The government reduced the GST by two percentage points, a 30% reduction on a tax that we pay on everything -- Canadians say they want a change. They also ran up an extra 180B in debt which will cost us more in tax in the long run

The government introduced pension splitting for retirees. Canadians say they want change. Good

The government introduced income splitting for families who wish for one of the parents to stay at home and raise the family. Canadian say they want change my wife works part time and I'm the major bead winner in our house. We seen hardly any reduction in taxes due to income splitting. Had far more come off thanks to our RRSPS

The government instituted tax free savings accounts, which benefit anyone willing to save -- Canadians say they want change. How many young middle class families can afford to put 10K into a TFSA

The government has negotiated a number of international trade deals which will stand us in good stead in years to come -- Canadians say they want change. Which ones FI PA where we sold our soul to China for Harper's corporate buddies?

The government stands four square in favour of Israel, a country threatened with extinction by a vastly larger contingent in the area, and the only democracy in the Middle East -- Canadians say they want change.
Good

Canada has been declared the best country in the world in which to live -- Canadians say they want change.Who's saying we're the best country to live in?

The government made the Aboriginal Chiefs and their councils accountable to the band members and to the taxpayers as to where the money is spent --- Canadians say they want change

The government has made Tax Exempt Charities accountable for spending their money purely on charitable things, not political things --- Canadian say they want change

The government has now made unions accountable to their membership as to how the union dues are spent, on strictly union things and not political things

And now the Senate will get its house in order after too many spending scandals of all parties and perhaps be eliminated totally because of its partisan nature even though it is not supposed to be partisan

The government wants to readdress the Supreme Court decision to allow woman to wear a Niquab (face covering) while taking their citizenship oath and/or when it comes time to vote in any election --- Canadians say they want change

The government scrapped the outrageously expensive long gun registry which did nothing to protect the public. Criminals do not register their guns -- Canadian say they want change

The government stepped out of the Kyoto Accord which was going to see millions of dollars being sent to foreign countries in the guise of bettering the environment and remain very unaccountable as usual once it change hands -- and Canadians say they want change

The government is trying to stop foreign babies becoming automatic citizens just because they happened to be born here while Mother was in Canada (it may already be law ?) -- Canadians say they want change

The government is trying to get the CBC to be accountable for the 1 billion dollars it receives annually from the taxpayers of this country (I wonder why CBC doesn't like this government) -- Canadian says they want change

The government forced over 20 (and still more to come) known foreign criminals who were hiding in this country under the guise of refugee status -- Canadian say they want change

The government taught the western world how to deal with Putin and his aggression in Ukraine thereby elevating Canada's stature and international reputation -- and Canadians say they want change Canadians are really a non factor on the world Military stage, The NYPD alone is half the size of the Canadian Military to put it into perspective. Putin could crush us like a bug if we didn't have the support of Britain and the US behind us.

It's time for change, if Harper gets re-elected with a majority he'll be the second longest serving PM after Laurier. It's time for new ideas. I think the Cons may have been able to get back in with a solid majority if Harper had stepped down.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:15 AM

Really, this thread should have ended with the "Harper showed the world how to handle Putin statement"

If people believe that they'll believe anything.

I'm not a Putin "fanboy" (but even if I was, would that negate the facts?)
Putin is a POS, and I'm glad Harper insulted him by refusing to shake his hand.

Last edited by Heyupduck; 10-13-2015 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:49 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I can just hardly wait until the voting is over, all the snakes can go backed to their dens....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-13-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
It's time for change, if Harper gets re-elected with a majority he'll be the second longest serving PM after Laurier. It's time for new ideas. I think the Cons may have been able to get back in with a solid majority if Harper had stepped down.
See post number six, change to what.....from the best country in the world to the worst?
Old 10-13-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
The government instituted tax free savings accounts, which benefit anyone willing to save -- Canadians say they want change - great if you have the money to save - how's your credit card doing?
This here seems to be one of the biggest problems...

Are you telling me that it is the government's fault if your credit cards are over extended? It's the government's fault that you want to live beyond your means? My credit cards are fine (they get paid in full every month) and so is my TFSA. Why? Because my wife and I spent the last 30+ years not living beyond our means. Now some nitwits are telling us that we aren't paying our fair share!!! What is my fair share of services I don't use? You want what I've got... go out and work for it, that's how I got mine.

This is probably my first and last post in these election threads... they make my head hurt.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
This here seems to be one of the biggest problems...

Are you telling me that it is the government's fault if your credit cards are over extended? It's the government's fault that you want to live beyond your means? My credit cards are fine (they get paid in full every month) and so is my TFSA. Why? Because my wife and I spent the last 30+ years not living beyond our means. Now some nitwits are telling us that we aren't paying our fair share!!! What is my fair share of services I don't use? You want what I've got... go out and work for it, that's how I got mine.

This is probably my first and last post in these election threads... they make my head hurt.

ARG
Well you made the most of it. Good post, spot on.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If you are voting Liberal, just leave your firearms at the door on your way out of the polling station....lol!
Actually no matter who you are voting for, please don't bring any firearms to the polling station...
Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutLakeJohnnie View Post
Reading some of the silly posts here, you'd think Harper was a God. A trained ape could manage the economy with $100 a barrel oil. Wake up!
Typical liberal thinking.and smell the roses.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Well said! Honestly I think once anyone has ownership of anything other than a 1998 vw gulf their parents bought they start to lean a little right. A person needs skin in the game before they care. That's why academics can be so cocky, when they're in school they haven't seen the fruits of their hard work yet. Once out after about ten years their tune changes. Unless of course they have managed to secure a recession proof job. Then they get real knowledgable and want to buy the world a Coke!

No one should be allowed to vote until you own land or have to volunteer a certain amount of hours.
What he says^^^
Old 10-13-2015, 10:05 AM

Fantastic synopsis...I have passed this on
Old 10-13-2015, 11:15 AM

Outstanding post lilsundance!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:28 PM

I guess I owe TLJ an apology seeing as my posts were deleted. Sorry, it won't happen again(today)
Old 10-13-2015, 04:43 PM

So what about environmental policies? I would like to hear more on that because a lot of people tell me that the conservative government (not specifically Harper - he is just a representative) has r*ped the land and has been destroying the environment more than other parties have (previously). If the is true why would outdoorsman (lol this is ironic - if true) be voting for the destruction of "our playground"? Please elaborate fellow AO, I am genuinely curious.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:38 PM

Fantastic list.... Those who think the Libs or Dips can bring positive change are truly clueless!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
So what about environmental policies? I would like to hear more on that because a lot of people tell me that the conservative government (not specifically Harper - he is just a representative) has r*ped the land and has been destroying the environment more than other parties have (previously). If the is true why would outdoorsman (lol this is ironic - if true) be voting for the destruction of "our playground"? Please elaborate fellow AO, I am genuinely curious.
I don't think that is true but the opposition have done a good Kobe of convincing people of that. Some People use the fact that Harper amended the Navigable Waterway Act that made numerous waterways no longer protected by the federal government as proof that he doesn't care about the environment. Navigable waterways in the Act was defined as any body of water that you could float a canoe in. It had nothing to do with protecting the environment at all, it was about navigation. I built and put in numerous piers and I needed approval from the fed government in order to put them in the lake.....crazy! As far as I know, it's now a municipality responsibility, as it should be IMO.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:25 AM

The international facts are not heading in the right direction... so yeah... I want change... Canada should be the international power that is meant to be... we are like puppies in the shadow of US... in fact we are not taking decisions for ourselves, internationally... as far as the face covering goes... I want to see who is taking the damn oath... it could be anyone hidden under the covering... jeez us. .. it is about the respect for the oath...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
ok so why did the USA fair so lousy during the world recession. They produce more oil that we do. I might be mistaken but I don't think the Federal Gov't gets a heck of a lot, if any, Royalties from Oil here in Alberta. From what I see tlj you want the money but no worky for it.
Lol, it FAILED, because they have 350 million people... how big is our population? Get your facts straight... open your mind...