Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-12-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
maybe I was trying to notify him to be careful as this is something that is not for public dissemination, but again you are wrong,

Cement Bench
How is something on public land not for the public to know about?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Banned

I've been thinking of buying some gongs but i'll hold off for now maybe I'll find me a free one I can on crown land.

another thread about some one crying about leaving their stuff in the woods. its not your woods so leave ur belongings there at your own risk

all of you stop fighting like a bunch of five yr olds its pathetic.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Skytop seems to be a pretty darn good guy cant ever remember him saying anything bad about anybody. Seems the couchrider crew cant resist an opportunity to jump all over a guy. Cowards! Guess you all must be jealous the man has some skills, and the funds to build some really nice stuff.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 06-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmcleod82 View Post
Skytop seems to be a pretty darn good guy cant ever remember him saying anything bad about anybody. Seems the couchrider crew cant resist an opportunity to jump all over a guy. Cowards! Guess you all must be jealous the man has some skills, and the funds to build some really nice stuff.
Yes.

These guys are just up set cause a range that prob was not safe and prob should not have been built there was taken down.
Lookin for some one to blame but they got no body but them selfs.

Basicly just sqwat on the land and hope no body says boo but then complane when they get found out.
Like burglers who sue cause they tripped on your rug while steelin your stuff.

Shame full.
Foolish.

Must be from down east or liberals or some thing.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:35 PM

And to think for 125 bucks you can buy a membership to the rockey range that is an awesome place to shoot in my opinion
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 PM

You cant drink, smoke pot, shoot outside of the lane, and shoot living, moving, varmint at the rocky range.

Beer cans, spent casings and roaches. common finds at those crown land outdoor ranges.

Thank the CFO's for closing down all the unsupervised ranges in this province.

Are the RCMP still allowed to use CFO closed pistol ranges for thier pistol practices? Deemed unsafe, but still in use. Anyone see a problem with that?

STEELHEAD

Last edited by steelhead; 06-12-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
And to think for 125 bucks you can buy a membership to the rockey range that is an awesome place to shoot in my opinion
It is a nice range, no doubt about it. Probably one of the best in Alberta.

But for the cost of a familly of 6 to get a year membership, I can take my familly on a 2 week holiday!!
It's nice to be able to shoot on crown land and teach my kids properly without the stress of a bunch of people waiting on them and holding up the show.

Both venues have thier place and function.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
It is a nice range, no doubt about it. Probably one of the best in Alberta.

But for the cost of a familly of 6 to get a year membership, I can take my familly on a 2 week holiday!!
It's nice to be able to shoot on crown land and teach my kids properly without the stress of a bunch of people waiting on them and holding up the show.

Both venues have thier place and function.
Wow your a big vacation guy aren't you?
$220.00 for 2 weeks.........? I gotta talk to your travel agent.

The fees at Rocky are $120 for a base membership, and $20 for all addition members.
They have placed a cap on out of towners.

I just heard an ad on the radio for a golf course. 2 golfers, 18 holes, cart rental all in for, $175.00.

Give your head a shake!

There are no absolutes
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icatchfish View Post
I've been thinking of buying some gongs but i'll hold off for now maybe I'll find me a free one I can on crown land.

another thread about some one crying about leaving their stuff in the woods. its not your woods so leave ur belongings there at your own risk

all of you stop fighting like a bunch of five yr olds its pathetic.
If I find it, it will be GONE.

Grizz
Old 06-13-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
And way further than likely on Crown land.

Grizz
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
I can't believe the number of people that figure they have full rights to something found unattended. Are there any true sportsmen left? There is nothing as dishonorable as a thief.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJ View Post
I can't believe the number of people that figure they have full rights to something found unattended. Are there any true sportsmen left? There is nothing as dishonorable as a thief.
I agree Dale...but on the same token if you hang a tree stand on crown land does that entitle you to lay claim to an area? Or if you hang steel does that mean someone who finds it can't use it?

I don't like that some people feel they are entitled to use crown lands exclusively...we all have an even stake to use such lands. (This is a general comment, not directed to anyone specifically)

LC
Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
X2^
Theft is theft
Justifying it in any way, just highlights a persons true persona.

There are no absolutes
Old 06-13-2014, 09:01 AM

I would think most people know the difference between picking up garbage off of crown land & stealing someone's shooting gongs/targets, cameras, etc...

Sounds like a moral decision to me.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
X2^
Theft is theft
And leaving your junk laying on crown land and expecting others to be happy about the eye sore is still litter. Just highlights a persons true persona.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-13-2014, 09:13 AM

x3. I understand that some posts about "expecting stuff to be stolen on crown land" are from the POV that theft happens & people should not expect otherwise.

But to say one would take it themselves... ? C'mon! That's just unprincipled and .... Maybe take your neighbor's bike next time he leaves it unattended. Consider it that way.

But yeah, anything you leave on crown land does not make that spot or area yours. Heck, I think if you leave a tree stand on crown land and find someone else using it, that's pretty much fine. Two sides to a coin, for sure. But not taking it, that's different.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
How about a mindless Litterer.

Grizz
Old 06-13-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Wow your a big vacation guy aren't you?
$220.00 for 2 weeks.........? I gotta talk to your travel agent.

The fees at Rocky are $120 for a base membership, and $20 for all addition members.
They have placed a cap on out of towners.

I just heard an ad on the radio for a golf course. 2 golfers, 18 holes, cart rental all in for, $175.00.

Give your head a shake!
I dont Golf either Dick284!! But I do have a tent!!

And you failed to comment on the other reasons. I dont enjoy having to wait for other people to shoot their magnum rifles while I am trying to teach my 6 and 8 year old to shoot. So no I don't need to give my head a shake. If I want to shoot on crown land I will.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
And leaving your junk laying on crown land and expecting others to be happy about the eye sore is still litter. Just highlights a persons true persona.
Two wrongs never equal a right.
Taking other people's items which clearly are not left out as litter is where things fall a foul.
Quite trying to stir the pot Piker.

If you have a concern with items left on crown land, try following the proper recourse to mitigate the situation, such as reporting the item(s).

Taking matters into ones own hands can lead to legal repercussions.

Theft being theft, you do not have any right to take other persons property, whether or not it's left there under legal or illegal pretences.

You are not a judge!

There are no absolutes
Old 06-13-2014, 09:25 AM

A tree stand.......a set of steel plates..........the frame for a wall tent..........a trailer used for random camping.......

Where's the line?

Some say "theft". Others say "cleaning up".
Old 06-13-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Taking other people's items which clearly are not left out as litter is where things fall a foul.

If you have a concern with items left on crown land, try following the proper recourse to mitigate the situation, such as reporting the item(s).

Theft being theft, you do not have any right to take other persons property, whether or not it's left there under legal or illegal pretences.

You are not a judge!

Neither are you but you seem to like to judge people, and decide for them where to spend their money
Old 06-13-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:

You are not a judge!
If I find junk I haul it to the dump.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 AM

Quote:
X2^
Theft is theft
X2

The internet provides a lot of anominimity hiding behind usernames.

But this thread has exposed a lot of trail cam and stand thieves, the same kinds that will pull a B and E on a parked vehicle on crown land if they think they can get away with it.

If you think shooting at targets on crown land is dangerous what are your thoughts on taking shots at game on crown land?

My username and location (in the right hand corner) correspond with who I am and where I live.

No hiding here.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytop B View Post
So eager to jump on the wagon Dale? Don't know you from a hole in the ground and this is what you come up with. You know I did Bob a little favor a while back and went out of my way to deliver him something so he could finish a customers project without any concern for being reimbursed for it. This is the things people do for guys they respect. So anyone thinking that I am somehow trying to step into Bob's territory or out do him in some way is simply twisted. I respect 6.5 x 47L and that's the end if it. So you all can be civil human beings ir you can all jump on that wagon and head straight off a cliff.
You buggered up a spot where I was going to get my come-ups for a match I'm attending later this month. Don't know you either, but the mistake is now history. I do not hold a grudge but the local shooters you betrayed may. If this was a mistake I feel sorry for you. If it wasn't?
Old 06-14-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
If I find junk I haul it to the dump.
So you scour crown land looking for garbage to haul to a dump? That's so nice!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:

You are not a judge!
Come on Dick, West country would be neck deep in crap if some of us didn't pick up what offends us. You gonna lay a personal claim to target stands and empty cartridge cases you couldn't be bothered to take with you ? If you're not part of the solution, you ARE the problem.

Grizz
Old 06-14-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Come on Dick, West country would be neck deep in crap if some of us didn't pick up what offends us. You gonna lay a personal claim to target stands and empty cartridge cases you couldn't be bothered to take with you ? If you're not part of the solution, you ARE the problem.

Grizz
Seeing as I don't partake in back country shooting expositions I guess I'm not part of any problem.

Seeing as you fail to delineate between common trash and litter, and possible someone's tree stand, trail cam, tent frame, or any other piece of property.
Is where you lose any credibility.

Where in any piece of legislation does it say that you get to choose what stays or what should go?

Are you empowered under the law to mess with other persons belongings?
Or is this some sort of misguided crusade or vigilantism?

Your position is indefensible, and could quite possibly run you a muck legally.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 06-14-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Seeing as I don't partake in back country shooting expositions I guess I'm not part of any problem.

Seeing as you fail to delineate between common trash and litter, and possible someone's tree stand, trail cam, tent frame, or any other piece of property.
Is where you lose any credibility.

Where in any piece of legislation does it say that you get to choose what stays or what should go?

Are you empowered under the law to mess with other persons belongings?
Or is this some sort of misguided crusade or vigilantism?

Your position is indefensible, and could quite possibly run you a muck legally.
That's where Common Sense comes into play. I'd love to be taken to court for removing somebody's battered up lawn chairs, especially the one that had been turned into a porta potti. Would make one heck of an exhibit.

Grizz
Old 06-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
That's where Common Sense comes into play. I'd love to be taken to court for removing somebody's battered up lawn chairs, especially the one that had been turned into a porta potti. Would make one heck of an exhibit.

Grizz
There is no such thing as common sense in this day and age.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Grizz
And here's the post where you loose your credibility.
Common sense would indeed be to pick up broken down lawn chairs, and similar refuse.

But when you say things like this, it is clear you intend on taking something that is useable and possibly still in use... That is theft!
It's only common sense to see that.

There are no absolutes