Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-07-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdelle View Post
So sad. Hard to believe that first nations have access to things that you dont. I wonder if these first nations would trade you access for maybe a couple hundred years of genocide? How about trade a family out of a residential schools in exchange for yours.... OH OH OH! How about clean drinking water in exchange for access.

Hard to believe that this attitude is present in 2024 after the events of the last few years.

I cannot hunt in Jasper. My Family was starved out of South Edmonton around 1889 and fled to Jasper. Around 1907 they were then burnt of of Jasper by the Government to form a national park. Boy they had it so easy.

Gimme a break
Old 05-07-2024, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Treaties and the fact they want take it lying down will likely do that

Agree with their hunting/fishing rights or not you have to respect that FN at least stand up for themselves

If non FN anglers/hunters actually got organized and defended our ability to hunt/fish with half the effort FN do maybe we would not get walked on so easily
Facts are that non-FN hunters/sportsman at best are our own worst enemy, mostly bitching, complaining or arguing on forums is the best we can do.