Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
Child pervs go where there are children present, not fat old guys.
Elementary schools for example
http://calgaryherald.com/news/provin...b-99ce847089fa
Old 01-12-2018, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranets View Post
Hmm I guess that being a private club means that none of the members could be pedophiles. Newsflash there are pedophiles and perverts in all demographics and all varying levels of social status and not necessarily the creepy old man living by himself, to believe otherwise is utilizing the same mentality of sticking your head in the sand as those who believe that gun registration will stop crime. If a bunch of adults want to get together and frolic naked that is their choice but lets leave the kids out of it until they are old enough to make their own rational decision about the topic.
This kind of common sense is far too rare.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
I guess it's time to shut down the school system. Good thing we have the internet now where children can stay home and be internet homeschooled all while being preyed upon by internet pervs.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Nudity has been around since, well the beginning!
I'm well aware of that. Thank you
Old 01-12-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with this if it were restricted to adults.

Do children frolick around nude beaches in europe?
Are kids allowed in strip clubs or R rated movies? Theres a reason kids aren't supposed to be exposed to adult nudity.

Furthermore, an event like this could potentially attract perverts who want to see kids naked.
Yes children are all around nude people in Europe.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 PM

Not my cup of tea and i wouldnt participate but i dont think it should have been cancelled. No kne has the right to tell other people what to do and how to raise their children. They are consenting adults so who cares
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 PM

Big scoop here, the city of Edmonton allow nudists clubs to use their facilities for various private functions just like they do for any other clubs. This has been going on for at least 30 years. I guess Edmonton is a lair of pedofiles and perverts. Sheesh, smh!!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
What makes you think there would be any more child pervs at a nudist swim than a daycare, soccer game, child's playground, public swimming pools or anywhere else there would be children present? I would think the likelihood of a perv child being at nudist beach would be quite low considering most people don't take their children to such places. Child pervs go where there are children present, not fat old guys.
Well, at least they shouldn't have any problem figuring out who's getting too excited if they're all naked. No trench coats here.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
This kind of common sense is far too rare.
God, do ever do any research before you spout off?
Families and married couples are welcome at these clubs. Most do not accept single males.
They do background checks on all prospective members.
Get a life.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Families and married couples are welcome at these clubs. Most do not accept single males.
Get a life.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Banned

Do those of you who are so worried about the chance of pedophile realize how much you sound like the people who say ‘no one should own a gun because they might be a murderer’?
Old 01-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Get a life.
What are you saying is wrong with single males?, why did you automatically go there?
What about pervert father's? , you have no concern about them?, mother's? , aunt's, sister's? Your tunnel vision is showing...kids get abused by all types of monsters belonging to BOTH sexes.

Are the single men more likely to be pedophiles?

I have no opinion on nude people doing their thing, i don't care.period.

Last edited by ReconWilly; 01-12-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Get a life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
What are you saying is wrong with single males?, why did you automatically go there?
What about pervert father's? , you have no concern about them?, mother's? , aunt's, sister's? Your tunnel vision is showing...kids get abused by all types of monsters belonging to BOTH sexes.

Are the single men more likely to be pedophiles?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBdnyrzq96s
Careful, as far as I can gather bobtodrick was stating what he thought was a standard not his own opinion. Maybe he can provide more insight into what he was talking abiut....
Old 01-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Careful, as far as I can gather bobtodrick was stating what he thought was a standard not his own opinion. Maybe he can provide more insight into what he was talking abiut....
Careful?

I see what you are saying, but my point remains, maybe the policy makers are ignorant to the fact that most child abuse happens from someone close to the child...not some creepy single guy from down the block.

Off topic, but i thought the point needed to be made, moving on.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 PM

Did they force other people to nude?
I think they have freedom to do that. And if they have age restrictions, it will be better.
BTW, I am not naturism.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Careful?

I see what you are saying, but my point remains, maybe the policy makers are ignorant to the fact that most child abuse happens from someone close to the child...not some creepy single guy from down the block.

Off topic, but i thought the point needed to be made, moving on.
Fair enough
Old 01-12-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Do those of you who are so worried about the chance of pedophile realize how much you sound like the people who say ‘no one should own a gun because they might be a murderer’?
If the two are so similar, maybe we should remove age restrictions for gun licenses.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:05 PM

My goodness there are some sad up tight folks here. Let your guard down once in a while. It'll prevent your next heart attack.

The only issue here are conservatives threatening innocent members of the public and the city in order to terrorize them for something that is harmless. Age old narrative.

The event would have run if they had time to prepare a security response is my understanding.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
What are you saying is wrong with single males?
I don't really know why they have this rule (according to bob), but I would guess a single male harassing a bunch of naked women is more than likely the reason. You don't have to ask why I would say it about single guys and what about women, etc. I am pretty sure I am not way off on this one. I very very much doubt it has anything to with pedophiles.

On a side note, doctors can't give a blood transfusion to a child whose life depends on it if the parents say no, but one can't let his/her child run around naked among other naked people, adults and children alike. Lol.

Also, in this society people look at a guy wearing a Speedo like he is a freaking weirdo, what do you expect they will say about the total nudity?

Just like with hunting, people who are not into it should mind their own business and let others live and do their legal thing, without telling them if and how they should do it. Quite a bit of judgement from people who constantly complain about being judged by others.

P.S. Yes, in Europe and elsewhere, they have nude beaches for everyone, as well adults only. Some (maybe most, I don't know) even have a rule that nudity is not optional.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
I'm well aware of that. Thank you
Then don’t let the cold water scare you...
Old 01-12-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
If the two are so similar, maybe we should remove age restrictions for gun licenses.
Pretty sure a lot of licenced folks take their 4-5 year olds to the range under supervision.

Just like how parents can take their 4-5 year olds to a pool under supervision.

Not seeing a whole lot of difference. But then I also don't believe we should need a licence to own a piece of property. Do we have a minimum age for Skil saw licencing? Why not?

I've been watching everyone have a helmet fire over the nude swim all week, and there are all kinds of parallels to the gun control debate in this country. Bottom line is the nutbars eventually ruined it for everyone, and the nudists aren't the nutbars.

I wish them luck with their Court actions (but they likely won't need it as successes have already been had in the BC Courts).
Old 01-12-2018, 11:24 PM

I think people need to mind their own business. It was a Private function after hours, that only club members were to attend. Isolated from the public, so what's the harm? You don't agree then don't join their club and don't attend. As far as the kids, well who know's if there will be a pedophile there or not. Either way if the family down the street feels that's what they want to do, than so be it. Who is anyone else to tell them they are wrong and need to police what they do? People need to mind their own business.....
Old 01-12-2018, 11:32 PM

Please don’t get exited and don’t mix the naked swim club party with the swingers club party! Those are totally different things, LOL! And by the way there is apparently a swingers clubs in both Edmonton and Calgary! I just googled it for ****s and giggles!
Old 01-12-2018, 11:52 PM
Banned

I lived in Germany for 5 years where topless and nudity was commonplace on the beaches. Usually one area of the beach was unofficially designated the totally nude area where everywhere else was topless or not, depending on personal preference. I find it interesting that people equate nudity to people being sexual degenerates, particularly when it comes to kids. I never saw or even heard about any sexual behaviour in public, just families shedding their laundry and enjoying the day.

All this sounds strange to many Canadians, even dirty, because it’s not big in our culture. I’m pretty sure that many Canadians would freak right out if they even saw topless on a beach let alone total nudity.....lol. Believe me, after awhile you wouldn’t even bat an eye if that sort of thing became big in Canada.

Not my cup of tea but to each their own, in privacy. Don’t like it, don’t look.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:42 AM

I’ve got to support Nenshi’s comments on this one. Perversion isn’t being naked, it’s threatening violence, vandalism, and false accusations. The gays that leave their lifestyle trash laying around North Glenmore park is a different story.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
I’ve got to support Nenshi’s comments on this one. Perversion isn’t being naked, it’s threatening violence, vandalism, and false accusations. The gays that leave their lifestyle trash laying around North Glenmore park is a different story.
Totally. Can't stand people that dont pick up their shells.

Makes the respectable members of their community look like pigs to outsiders.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:35 AM

The scariest part of this story has nothing to do with the type of event itself as far as I am concerned. The interesting part, is all a group of citizens have to do now is threaten to show up with baseball bats, and the city will cancel the event.

Next time there is a gun show (for a theoretical example) and a bunch of Calgarians sign a petition, and then threaten violence.... The city can't guarantee the safety of the attendees, so boom, it's shut down.

I don't understand why the police are not investigating the threats to see if charges are in order. (same as most of us would want threats made about a gun show investigated)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Then don’t let the cold water scare you...
It's more a moral thing than a cold water thing for me...
Old 01-13-2018, 05:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranets View Post
If a bunch of adults want to get together and frolic naked that is their choice but lets leave the kids out of it until they are old enough to make their own rational decision about the topic.
The same argument could be made about indoctrinating children into a religion before they are capable of weighing the facts for themselves.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:24 AM

People need to mind their own business, who cares what others do.

When it comes to pedophiles, they could be lurking in the pools and hot springs all the time specially in the change rooms where it is all wide open.
Closed Thread