Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
How about a government thats not corrupt to the core? That hasn't been selling out Canadians and our resources to big business. How about a government who actually stays out of business instead of one who is having a full blown attack on Unions? Harper made his bed, problem is theres no other viable candidate. Difficult choices for canadians and hopefully we end up with a minority government so that they're all held accountable.
How about someone who is taller? Not a lot taller, but taller than 'not taller'? Not short at all, not someone who would be mistaken for short either, but not a giant.

Specifics, man. Specifics.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Banned

By the Harper bashing going on,, it is clear that Alberta is revelling in the Warm NDP afterglow and the Federal NDP will have a clean sweep in Alberta com Election Day ,,,

good luck with that
Old 08-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
I hope the protest votes don't go to the green party.

Many heads will explode, if we wake up on October 20 to Prime Minister May.
Oh great! The smell of decaying teeth wafting throughout Canada,
Old 08-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Gone Hunting

@Raab
"corrupt to the core?..please provide specifics...
if making the unions open their books to their members is a full out war on unions, I dunno....?
...and if Nexen decides to sell and the only company that comes forward with the cash is foreign, what would you like the Gov't. to do?, take it over with your tax money?
as per the other post...specifics would be appreciated..
Old 08-03-2015, 01:44 PM

Our union books gave always been open to our members and are teas out each month at our meetings.
There is also an open food policy for our members who want to discuss any details- not all unions are like they however .
What I take issue with is the public knowing about my union affairs- that leaves it wide open for the non union sector to undermine us.
Cat
Old 08-03-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
@Raab
"corrupt to the core?..please provide specifics...
if making the unions open their books to their members is a full out war on unions, I dunno....?
...and if Nexen decides to sell and the only company that comes forward with the cash is foreign, what would you like the Gov't. to do?, take it over with your tax money?
as per the other post...specifics would be appreciated..
How about when you see your boss laughing it up with the Prime Minister while he issues back to work orders? How many times has Harper stepped into contract negotiations for private enterprise? At least 4 that I can recall while he's been in power. It needs to stop, the bleeding of this nations middle class needs to stop.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Do you believe Trudeau and Mulcair won't do the same? What did Harper do specifically. Are you just on the bash Harper train?

Old 08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Banned

Crude oil is currently trading at $45.18 USD today,,, that has a hell of a lot more to do with unemployment and lack of investment than some politician's election promises or opinions,,,,
Old 08-03-2015, 02:12 PM

I will cast my ballot proudly for the Prime Minister and the Conservative Party.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Gone Hunting

A long time ago in a land far far away, Oh wait a minute, it wasn't that long ago or that far away. Anywaya few years ago in Wetaskiwin I asked my liberal leaning sister what she didn't like about Preston Manning. Her answer, he talks funny.

Now where had I heard that before ? Oh yeah, the media !

As I read through the posts on this thread I hear my sister say, but he talks funny, again and again and again.

No wonder we have a NDP government in Alberta.
I don't know how people in other provinces make their choices but if they vote like far too many Albertains did this last election God help us !

On the positive side, sort of, we could save a ton of money. We might as well end the whole election process and just let the media decide who will lead us. In reality that is what is happening now.

Honestly, beyond a doubt, if Harper were a Liberal the media would be painting him as the best leader the world has ever seen. By a wide margin.

But the media hate him because they can't manipulate him.

Lets have a look at his record.

Kept most of his promises. The first PM to even try to do this.

Lead us through the crisis caused by the US banking fraud and as a result we have one of the strongest economies in the world. Yes it could be a lot better, if the world situation were better, but given the current world economic situation we really are smelling like roses.

He has supported out allies, instead of mocking them like the Media hero, Mr. Trudough Sr.

He has supported our military instead of castrating them as the Creten did.

He has maintain our world presence instead of betraying it like Brian Baloney did.

And he has done it all without stealing us blind like so many others have, including our own Red Queen.

If we turned off all the media shrilling what would we be left with ?

Not yesterdays man that's for sure. Maybe not the perfect man, who is?
But beyond a shadow of doubt Mr. Harper is head and shoulders better then anyone else in politics in Canada these days.

We stuck it to ourselves here at home. But we did need change. Canada is not Alberta, Canada does not need change. Why would anyone in their right mind choose change when things are going well?

Keep in mind, elections are not about choosing a bed partner, you don't have to love the man. You don't even have to like him. The only question should be, is he doing an okay job, and, can any of the others do better ?

It's time to step up to the plate and think for ourselves. If we don't we deserve what we get.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-03-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Do you believe Trudeau and Mulcair won't do the same? What did Harper do specifically. Are you just on the bash Harper train?
I dunno, why don't you look up the companies he's forced back to work or threatened to while in power. Why don't you look up the piece of crap Lisa Raitt while you're at it. It's clear that Harper has had his target dead set on Unions since the beginning if you look at the whole picture. Now I'm not pro or against unions in general but I do believe people have the right to association and fair work conditions. I also believe that government should stay out of business which is why I voted conservative in the first place. It appears Harper and his band of cronies don't share the same ideals. If you're a Union member I'd be thinking long and hard before checking off next to the Conservative brand.

And for the record I don't like any of the parties which is why I'm hoping for a minority.
Gone Hunting

Well said Keg.

I like this
"But the media hate him because they can't manipulate him."

Default does Canada still want harper?

this canadian does. I will vote conservative.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
A long time ago in a land far far away, Oh wait a minute, it wasn't that long ago or that far away. Anyway I asked my liberal leaning sister what she didn't like about Preston Manning. Her answer, he talks funny.

Now where had I heard that before ? Oh yeah, the media !

As I read through the posts on this thread I hear my sister say, but he talks funny, again and again and again.

No wonder we have a NDP government in Alberta.
I don't know how people in other provinces make their choices but if they vote like far too many Albertains did this last election God help us !

On the positive side, sort of, we could save a ton of money. We might as well end the whole election process and just let the media decide who will lead us. In reality that is what is happening now.

Honestly, beyond a doubt, if Harper were a Liberal the media would be painting him as the best leader the world has ever seen. By a wide margin.

But the media hate him because they can't manipulate him.

Lets have a look at his record.

Kept most of his promises. The first PM to even try to do this.

Lead us through the crisis caused by the US banking fraud and as a result we have one of the strongest economies in the world. Yes it could be a lot better, if the world situation were better, but given the current world economic situation we really are smelling like roses.

He has supported out allies, instead of mocking them like the Media hero, Mr. Trudough Sr.

He has supported our military instead of castrating them as the Creten did.

He has maintain our world presence instead of betraying it like Brian Baloney did.

And he has done it all without stealing us blind like so many others have, including our own Red Queen.

If we turned off all the media shrilling what would we be left with ?

Not yesterdays man that's for sure. Maybe not the perfect man, who is?
But beyond a shadow of doubt Mr. Harper is head and shoulders better then anyone else in politics in Canada these days.

We stuck it to ourselves here at home. But we did need change. Canada is not Alberta, Canada does not need change. Why would anyone in their right mind choose change when things are going well?

Keep in mind, elections are not about choosing a bed partner, you don't have to love the man. You don't even have to like him. The only question should be, is he doing an okay job, and, can any of the others do better ?

It's time to step up to the plate and think for ourselves. If we don't we deserve what we get.
Agree, Harper Cabinet has done more for Shooters and Hunters than any other cabinet in the last 50 years,

God forbid either of the other 2 PoliTurds get elected prime minister !

Try 4 years of Liberal or NDP anti gun and anti hunting crap and see what you will have to bitch about
Old 08-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I dunno, why don't you look up the companies he's forced back to work or threatened to while in power. Why don't you look up the piece of crap Lisa Raitt while you're at it. It's clear that Harper has had his target dead set on Unions since the beginning if you look at the whole picture. Now I'm not pro or against unions in general but I do believe people have the right to association and fair work conditions. I also believe that government should stay out of business which is why I voted conservative in the first place. It appears Harper and his band of cronies don't share the same ideals. If you're a Union member I'd be thinking long and hard before checking off next to the Conservative brand.

And for the record I don't like any of the parties which is why I'm hoping for a minority.
More of the same blather and no specifics. You are the one making claims, you back them up. That's how this goes. I'm hardly going to waste my time trying to prove your hare brained statements have validity.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Gone Hunting

"And for the record I don't like any of the parties which is why I'm hoping for a minority."

Awesome, a gov't with no ability to do anything except waste time and money and call another election in 18 months.

Why am I not surprised that would be your wish list?

Old 08-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
"And for the record I don't like any of the parties which is why I'm hoping for a minority."

Awesome, a gov't with no ability to do anything except waste time and money and call another election in 18 months.

Essentially a " castrated cabinet" ,, hmmm? Sounds good
Old 08-03-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
More of the same blather and no specifics. You are the one making claims, you back them up. That's how this goes. I'm hardly going to waste my time trying to prove your hare brained statements have validity.
I may just have to vote for May after reading this. She seems like the only normal person in the bunch. http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/eliz...ghts-yet-again

Some more reading on the golden boy cons.
http://www.pressprogress.ca/en/post/...r-just-old-one
Old 08-03-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:

I'd rather a government that does nothing, then a government who works to strip rights from it's citizens!
Old 08-03-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:

You want a Gov that stays out of business? The libs and dippers would whole heartedly run every business into the ground by thinking that they know better and Gov should run all businesses.

Harper has done a good job. I don't care about unions. The other two buffoons scare the crap out of me.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'd rather a government that does nothing, then a government who works to strip rights from it's citizens!
What rights have we been stripped of ????

And what would Canada be like if the government did "NOTHING" ???

You're losing me raab
Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Gone Hunting

When you post Ellie May and 'Strips right" in back to back posts and you don't mean Ellie May Clampett, I'm done debating witchu.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:47 PM

I like my life with the Conservatives.

I know what the NDP and Liberals will do. They will take from me and give to others.

I prefer to decide who I donate to.

Far too many people believe they are owed something. Sorry. You arent special no matter what your mom says. She is as stupid as you are.

If you want something, earn it. If you dont, then starve.

But voting for a government that will "take care of you" is probably the most pathetic thing ever. If you have a welfare mentality, NDP or Liberal are for you. Vote for them.

My standards are higher. I can live with the lesser of 3 evils. No politician is good. They are self serving and only worry about re-election. Is this news?????

But until the whole country is brought to its knees, physically and economically, it wont change.

Last edited by huntinstuff; 08-03-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:48 PM

He has Harper Derangement Syndrome. The whole left has it. Facts be damned.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck12 View Post
He has Harper Derangement Syndrome. The whole left has it. Facts be damned.
A lefty who votes WRP , seems about right. How about I hate corrupt governments and Harpers been in power to long. If we get a minority then maybe one of the other parties can find a half decent leader.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
Because after all the AB election threads.....I know what his stance is.
Kind of like I have an idea of your stance.

Its going to be 77days of opinions on here.

But maybe you're right.....sitting back and letting folks speak their mind is the best way to gather information.

DIS GUN B GUD
You still haven't explained why freedom of speech, and free, unfettered votes bother you. Why do these cornerstones of democratic societies bother you so much?
Old 08-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
A lefty who votes WRP , seems about right. How about I hate corrupt governments and Harpers been in power to long. If we get a minority then maybe one of the other parties can find a half decent leader.
You're starting to sound like the guy on here after the prov. debacle that said "I was hoping for a PC minority government with a strong WR opposition so I voted NDP"...? huh?
Old 08-03-2015, 02:59 PM

Seems a lot like old Ralph. Might be the way to go.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2666937386/
Old 08-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I like my life with the Conservatives.

I know what the NDP and Liberals will do. They will take from me and give to others.

I prefer to decide who I donate to.

Far too many people believe they are owed something. Sorry. You arent special no matter what your mom says. She is as stupid as you are.

If you want something, earn it. If you dont, then starve.

But voting for a government that will "take care of you" is probably the most pathetic thing ever. If you have a welfare mentality, NDP or Liberal are for you. Vote for them.

My standards are higher. I can live with the lesser of 3 evils. No politician is good. They are self serving and only worry about re-election. Is this news?????

But until the whole country is brought to its knees, physically and economically, it wont change.
Very well said!!
Old 08-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Seems a lot like old Ralph. Might be the way to go.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2666937386/
Because she looks like Ralph?