sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I know they exist I have blocked them from my mind.....or I WILL get one

LC
LOL...good save.

Missed your edit
Quote:
I still personally think a cam (real time or not) and a plane are in 2 different leagues....but thats my opinion....cam is stationary, plane.....NOT
You need to check out WB's post above. His cameras aren't so stationary...lol

Ya I agree that planes can provide a lot more info but it's amazing the leaps and bounds that on the ground technology is taking.

Now enough of the highjack and back to planes in 234.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM

How is any different than driving up and down roads etc trucks parked on every hill its all the same !!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:15 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
How is any different than driving up and down roads etc trucks parked on every hill its all the same !!
You've been in a plane right?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I've heard of ranchers doing aerial searches for livestock. Let's not get the anti-aircraft guns yet.

Grizz
The person flying this aircraft has no cattle and is looking for big deer and moose and elk. He was reported last year. I know for a fact he does not have cattle on my land and he flies over it every year and chases the deer around.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Ya I agree that planes can provide a lot more info but it's amazing the leaps and bounds that on the ground technology is taking.
yuppers...pretty soon people will be rigging up remote rifles that you can dial into and shoot from your smart phone!....lets hope not BUT it probably isn't too far fetched, you can get a smart phone to start a car now....

LC
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
X2
Seems to be a ton of concerned people with these planes, but so far I havent heard of anyone stepping up and reporting it to F&W.
I reported them last year and this year also. just a matter of time that they get charged with something
Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
I reported them last year and this year also. just a matter of time that they get charged with something
I have to imagine that it's a hard one for F&W to prosecute as technically there's nothing illegal about going for a sight seeing flight.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I have to imagine that it's a hard one for F&W to prosecute as technically there's nothing illegal about going for a sight seeing flight.
I think that you are right. Tough to prove he was flying for the purpose of hunting. It is entirely possible that he was using it for photography or soghtseeing. Has anyone approached the pilot to get his side of the story?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:27 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
I think that you are right. Tough to prove he was flying for the purpose of hunting. It is entirely possible that he was using it for photography or soghtseeing. Has anyone approached the pilot to get his side of the story?
Well, I wasn't making a case that he was doing something else other than spotting for hunting....just that it's tough to prove
Old 11-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
x2!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Yes i've been in a plane many times my point is that going for a flight is way more legal ....than using trucks to chase deer... the area in question is a gong show !!! And this topic is beat to DEATH already !!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Yes i've been in a plane many times my point is that going for a flight is way more legal ....than using trucks to chase deer... the area in question is a gong show !!! And this topic is beat to DEATH already !!
Is this one of those two wrongs making a right arguements?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Way more legal?? Illegal is illegal.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Seems to be a ton of concerned people with these planes, but so far I havent heard of anyone stepping up and reporting it to F&W.
I have reported them several times when I thought they crossed the line (1: both spotting animals and going in to hunt them and 2: interferring in our hunt). It's tough to prove but the complaints did cause FW to spend more time in the area. They even followed up on my reports and gave updates. This year I had no issues as most times I saw the plane it was past prime time and one time my truck was spotted and the plane veered off. Maybe it was because there were no big bulls were I was hunting
I have no issues with the spotting when that kind of respect is shown...sometimes it hasn't been like that at all.
FW know the planes and watch for them. It's big country and tough stuff to prove. It's just one of the things you deal with in the elk super zone. I agree if you think the line has been crossed report them.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes i've been in a plane many times my point is that going for a flight is way more legal ....than using trucks to chase deer...!!
oh good grief.....tell me thats not your pals in the air relaying info to you.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
oh good grief.....tell me thats not your pals in the air relaying info to you.
ok first of all no its not my buddies relaying info to me,maybe thats how you hunt bambi but not me !! no the point i'm trying to make is as its already been stated here in this thread is that it is not illlegal to fly an airplane during hunting season....on the other hand we never hear anything about all the truck hunting and chasing of deer ,elk and moose in this exact same area i just find it funny that no one ever brings this up !! all we ever hear is about the planes !!!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
ok first of all no its not my buddies relaying info to me,maybe thats how you hunt bambi but not me !! no the point i'm trying to make is as its already been stated here in this thread is that it is not illlegal to fly an airplane during hunting season....on the other hand we never hear anything about all the truck hunting and chasing of deer ,elk and moose in this exact same area i just find it funny that no one ever brings this up !! all we ever hear is about the planes !!!
LOL...you've missed a lot of epic road hunting threads.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Way more legal?? Illegal is illegal.
Going for a plane ride is legal,chasing deer in a truck is illegal ...dont know where u got confused !!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
X...a bazzillion....

LC
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Probaly lol... but this one just makes me sick to listen to.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Probaly lol... but this one just makes me sick to listen to.
Bringing up another wrong to justify something is rarely a good tact....lol
Old 11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Going for a plane ride is legal,chasing deer in a truck is illegal ...dont know where u got confused !!
do you honestly believe these guys are NOT in the air for the purpose of spotting game? tell the truth.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Well with that logic I'm going to sign up for flight lessons!

Anyone looking for a Dodge diesel? I gotta put a deposit down on my new plane! Lol
Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
do you honestly believe these guys are NOT in the air for the purpose of spotting game? tell the truth.
I don't know maybe phone them and ask them,maybe its some one being paid by an anti hunting group to scare game again i dont know so i'm not going to guess !
Old 11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Banned

i havent seen it myself either....but there have been enough credible guys that have seen it themselves to convince me that something shady is going down. it scurious how you are defending it with no knowledge. im not saying its for sure illegal, but as i said, the evidence is leaning that way.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 PM

Seriously if these guys are spotting game from the air ...It isn't illegal !!! Now if someone could prove that they are hunting within 6 hours of the plane ride, or can tap into a message being relayed to ground units, you now have a case ! Getting proof, will only lead to a conviction , if that's the case.

Otherwise if those rules/ laws aren't being broken, then it sounds like jealousy that someone has the means to do it. It would be no different in my mind between the guy who gets his camp into the mountains by horse back, or side by side atv, while most have to walk.

Unfortunatley gents, this sport is about money, the more you have the more creative and adventurous the hunts become.Whether it's equipement, guided hunts, exotic hunts or just plain time, it all comes down to money. We all hunt within the means that we can afford and that makes us content.

Theres a property by my house that has waterfowlers and big game hunters on it regulary. There is a a helicopter school that has permission to use the land to practice emerg. landing and manuvers. How happy do you think the guys hunting out there are when a helicopter lands 100 yards away from your stand or blind???

Until someone has some actual proof of something illegal done by the pilot, everyone needs to chill, he has does have a right to fly where he is.I'm only going by what I read here. No different than the guy who drives up and down road looking for game, nothing down wrong until he does something than drive up and down.JMO

Last edited by pottymouth; 11-07-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Seriously if these guys are spotting game from the air ...It isn't illegal !!! Now if someone could prove that they are hunting within 6 hours of the plane ride, or can tap into a message being relayed to ground units, you now have a case ! Getting proof, will only lead to a conviction , if that's the case.

Otherwise if those rules/ laws aren't being broken, then it sounds like jealousy that someone has the means to do it. It would be no different in my mind between the guy who gets his camp into the mountains by horse back, or side by side atv, while most have to walk.

Unfortunatley gents, this sport is about money, the more you have the more creative and adventurous the hunts become.

Theres a property by my house that has waterfowlers and big game hunters on it regulary. There is a a helicopter school that has permission to use the land to practice emerg. landing and manuvers. How happy do you think the guys hunting out there are when a helicopter lands 100 yards away from your stand or blind???

Until someone has some actual proof of something illegal done by the pilot, everyone needs to chill, has he does have a right to fly where he is.I'm only going by what I read here. JMO
Not quite potty...it's illegal to hunt any big game seen from an airplane...no time restriction. The pilot is covered under the definition of hunting while spotting. You might want to listen to what guys like shed and a few others that live there are saying about 234.

It's unlawful to:

Quote:
3.hunt any wildlife with or from an aircraft, or communicate, for the purpose of hunting, the signs or whereabouts of wildlife seen during a flight on an aircraft.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
You might want to listen to what guys like shed and a few others that live there are saying about 234.

:
like i said....CREDIBLE guys.....shedcrazy, trav, double shovel.....
Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post

Unfortunatley gents, this sport is about money, the more you have the more creative and adventurous the hunts become.

Until someone has some actual proof of something illegal done by the pilot, everyone needs to chill, has he does have a right to fly where he is.I'm only going by what I read here. JMO

If the plane is deemed to be "Harassing" wildlife, charges can and should be laid.

The law regarding the use of aircraft and hunting has more limitations than just a six hour wait. After the plane lands, the occupants from the aircraft CANNOT legally tell anyone what they saw if the information is used for the purpose of hunting. This has been upheld in court.

+ what SH just posted above....

Deja Vu....
Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 PM

2.harass, injure or kill any wildlife with a vehicle, aircraft or boat.

3.hunt any wildlife with or from an aircraft, or communicate, for the purpose of hunting, the signs or whereabouts of wildlife seen during a flight on an aircraft.

11.transport big game hunters, except those requiring medical aid, or big game by helicopter over WMUs 400-446.

12.land or take off in a fixed-wing aircraft that is carrying big game, big game hunters or firearms of a calibre larger than .22 at or from any location in WMUs 400-446 except those locations where aircraft routinely land and take off.

13.hunt big game within 6 hours of having disembarked from an aircraft, except for a jet or turbo-propelled aircraft.

Those are all the rules i see in our regs.

I see what your saying sheep. My question that I might not be understanding is, the way I read it.....After 6 hours your good to go, unless your in a jet or turbo prop, then you can go asap.Whether it's hunting or info, i could be wrong, but that how i read it?