Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-21-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Like others have stated. Some Leo’s will support it, some won’t. That’s the nature of a political issue.

If you are still wearing a uniform after April 30, 2021 I am aware that you made the commitment to go to that length to take away the property and freedom’s of the law abiding in Canada. You will be no different than those who worked for the Nazi government so many years ago, just doing your job taking away freedom from the innocent. You will now be complicit as they were.

This is a statement meant to turn people against police who stay in uniform weather or not they support the law. You have decided that staying in uniform past this date decides the motives of those people. I do not believe that is the case. You are correct that they are the first line of defence and that why I want them in uniform to protect us
Yes, continuing to work for as law enforcement actually does mean they support those laws. Would you work for an organization that takes freedoms away from people? I wouldn't. My not supporting them is no where near the same as them being "against" me. I'm not at all making a commitment to take anything (especially their freedom) from them. They are making a commitment to take something from me, my freedom.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
Yes, continuing to work for as law enforcement actually does mean they support those laws. Would you work for an organization that takes freedoms away from people? I wouldn't. My not supporting them is no where near the same as them being "against" me. I'm not at all making a commitment to take anything (especially their freedom) from them. They are making a commitment to take something from me, my freedom.
Most if not all game wardens I have known are not in favor of our two tiered gunlaws and Game laws. Are you saying they should quit as well?
Cat
Old 03-21-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Yet this government wants my firearms and they ... are willing to have police kill us if we do not surrender them. They will send police to your door with instructions to arrest you and if you resist, their orders are to escalate offense to ensure compliance. If your resistance keeps matching their offense they will keep escalating that offense until you are killed. ... so I say this to all in uniform. If you are still wearing a uniform after April 30, 2021 I am aware that you made the commitment to go to that length to take away the property and freedom’s of the law abiding in Canada. You will be no different than those who worked for the Nazi government
Quote:
I was going to leave this alone entirely but I was reading a bit of history this afternoon and decided I could not stay away. This analogy is not based on the slightest understanding of what the Nazis said and did. Read some history, please.

The United Kingdom has had restrictive gun laws since the beginning of the Twentieth Century and Australia has had similar laws in place for 25 years. Nothing has happened there that even remotely resembles what the OP describes.

Given that a majority of Canadians are not involved in the shooting sports, we need to get the facts across to them. Scare tactics like this will only work against us. Of course, getting the Federal Liberals out of office would do the most good.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Most if not all game wardens I have known are not in favor of our two tiered gunlaws and Game laws. Are you saying they should quit as well?
Cat
Game wardens will not be the selected force to break down our doors to take us or our property away. Many social workers are for this as well, I wouldn’t ask them to quit as they wouldn’t be asked to Forcibly take my freedom away either. AFAIK

Last edited by bukwild; 03-21-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I was going to leave this alone entirely but I was reading a bit of history this afternoon and decided I could not stay away. This analogy is not based on the slightest understanding of what the Nazis said and did. Read some history, please.

The United Kingdom has had restrictive gun laws since the beginning of the Twentieth Century and Australia has had similar laws in place for 25 years. Nothing has happened there that even remotely resembles what the OP describes.

Given that a majority of Canadians are not involved in the shooting sports, we need to get the facts across to them. Scare tactics like this will only work against us. Of course, getting the Federal Liberals out of office would do the most good.
Please read my post again. I’m not saying that police would use force and harm against those that comply. I’m saying that they would use force and harm if you resist. Police are authorized to use necessary Force against those that use the same force police would in carrying out their duty. Again 40 Canadians were shot and killed by police in 2020 for using force against them while resisting arrest. Now they may have been justified in using that force but is THIS law just? If it’s not just then are police just in carry out the execution of their duty? This isn’t new or uncommon.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:34 PM

I hear the op about the gun grab, now still in the covid scare, put up a sign on your driveway that all you in the house have covid, this might stop anybody coming to your house at least for 8 weeks
Old 03-21-2021, 09:41 PM

I have a great idea

How about, for once, gun owners say no and do not comply

AND we get rid of those maggots in Ottawa that push for gun control

Get rid of the problem? Wow. What a novel idea!!!!

I PROMISE you that I will not be turning any firearms over to anybody. Period.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Why does the government view us as a threat? Why not fentanyl dealers or criminals? Why are we the problem, why are we the enemy? How many opioid deaths compared to firearm deaths? No comparison
Because they know that united armed citizens are the only threat left that can stop them from doing whatever they want with no accountability, such as the great reset or whatever, so all you need to do is keep people living in fear and drugged up and your good to go. Sadly most people are too blind to see this or just don't care, as long as they're fed and watered for free hey man, it's all good Right!
Old 03-21-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I have a great idea

How about, for once, gun owners say no and do not comply

AND we get rid of those maggots in Ottawa that push for gun control

Get rid of the problem? Wow. What a novel idea!!!!

I PROMISE you that I will not be turning any firearms over to anybody. Period.
Best post yet!
Old 03-22-2021, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
as we speak all game wardens are being trained to take on policing roles in our communities. I the future all game wardens will be heavily armed just in case....
Old 03-22-2021, 08:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
So it's ok to enforce an unjust law if you don't agree with it? I'm not saying that LEO's are firing up the oven's but they will be the ones sent to your home to collect you and your firearms if you don't turn them in next year (yes I had a typo). Now IF you resist they will try to arrest you and if you resist that they will use any force that is greater than the force you are willing to use right up to the use of firearms. This is how policing works. Just ask the 40 Canadians police shot and killed last year while resisting arrest with force. You can resist peacefully and lose whatever freedom and property you have left but if you fight that arrest it will escalate to where no one wants it to go. Just doing your job makes you complicit, hence my analogy.
again as with your initial post your losing the audience with statements like this..."Just ask the 40 Canadians police shot and killed last year while resisting arrest with force." ohhh well this gun grab will get all tied up in courts for various reasons, cost lots of taxpayers money then get dumped....like the last one of mandatory registration I recall a fella registering his wife's hair dryer....which about summed up the complete gun registration package....a joke.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-22-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Game wardens will not be the selected force to break down our doors to take us or our property away. Many social workers are for this as well, I wouldn’t ask them to quit as they wouldn’t be asked to Forcibly take my freedom away either. AFAIK
I 'm not sure what World you live in but Game wardens in this Province are already armed and have the authority to seize weapons so I would suggest you take another look at the reality of things today .
Cat
Old 03-22-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
This post isn't meant to turn people against police. We need them and we need them now more than ever. They are the strong arm of this government and without their support laws like this can not be enforced. They are our first line of defense against this, you can bitch, whine complain and sign as many petitions as you want but if those in uniform uphold this law none of it matters. This government has lied and connived and spun enough propaganda to actually make too many Canadians believe what they are doing is for their own safety. Also they are not going away in the near future as those with common sense are actually outnumbered and without competent political support right now. So as I said those in uniform need to step up show that they will not support an unjust law or they are and will be complicit.
hmmm so a bunch of guns are on the bad list...some get turned in and some not....if you get pulled over speeding on the way to the range and a vehicle check is carried out then you might be in more poop for the so called bad gun that is Triger locked, encased etc....but they are not going to do neighbourhood sweeps etc....not enough man power but will police accordingly.....kinda like a hockey ref so you just skate your shifts nicely staying off the radar as they know this bs will blow over and they can concentrate on real criminals....you watch.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalerman View Post
I love your take on this. Being an LEO is a tough enough job without having to choose to kill innocent people. I personally know a number of ex-cops who have said that they would not consider becoming one now. We need to have the right to protect ourselves and our property entrenched in our constitution so that when we get an idiot like Twinkle Socks in power we don't have to go through this enacting the legislation by one government and rescinding it by another. Twinkle socks is the one who should be in jail. When will his hypnotized followers realize what he is doing and how he is doing it? How can they continue to support a dictator?
To be clear...I deal with EPS and RCMP in my job every day. They have polled the law enforcement program at Grant MacEwan as to why the numbers of grad actually applying for LE positions is decreasing.
The number one answer is because they feel they have no respect from, or support from the public...AS THIS THREAD PROVES.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
To be clear...I deal with EPS and RCMP in my job every day. They have polled the law enforcement program at Grant MacEwan as to why the numbers of grad actually applying for LE positions is decreasing.
The number one answer is because they feel they have no respect from, or support from the public...AS THIS THREAD PROVES.
the only thing this thread proves is there is a minority of people having their say.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
hmmm so a bunch of guns are on the bad list...some get turned in and some not....if you get pulled over speeding on the way to the range and a vehicle check is carried out then you might be in more poop for the so called bad gun that is Triger locked, encased etc....but they are not going to do neighbourhood sweeps etc....not enough man power but will police accordingly.....kinda like a hockey ref so you just skate your shifts nicely staying off the radar as they know this bs will blow over and they can concentrate on real criminals....you watch.
So it will blow over, and the bans will be overturned? I very much doubt that. The damage has been done, and I doubt that it will ever be undone.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So it will blow over, and the bans will be overturned? I very much doubt that. The damage has been done, and I doubt that it will ever be undone.
time will tell and we will see how it plays out...as with other past decisions they fizzled out....new guberment...new agenda...

Old 03-22-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
So people here don't believe that the government will enforce this law by going through the registrations and contacting them to turn in their prohibited firearm? I find that hard to believe, I mean that's what registration is about no?
Old 03-22-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
While many police officers are against the bans, I won't soon be forgetting that it was the RCMP that illegally seized firearms during the High River flood. And ultimately, the RCMP will do as directed by our corrupt government, whether the officers agree with the restrictions or not.
It appears this was quickly forgotten..
Old 03-22-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
So people here don't believe that the government will enforce this law by going through the registrations and contacting them to turn in their prohibited firearm? I find that hard to believe, I mean that's what registration is about no?
in a perfect world...then reality kicks in and in order to do this...manpower etc there will have to be some free'd up funds...another process within the process of the process....then a court battle or two that gets tossed around....cant find people...misplaced firearms due to deaths within the family etc...I think you get what I am saying....all for the votes is all this is about.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Okay, here goes. I don’t want to lose my gun rights...spend many an enjoyable day at the range with my sons and friends.
But...according to all legitimate polls, such as by Ipsos Reid (which is considered to be right of centre in their bias https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mediabia...stitute/%3famp ) 80% of a Canadians support a ban on handguns and ‘assault rifles’ (whatever the heck that means).
Hate to say it boys, but as gun owners we are not the average Canadian...that saddens me but it is true.
A little test. Unless you work at a gun or sporting goods store...poll all your fellow employees...most will say they want more gun control.
Sad to say it’s a changing world and the government is in fact doing what the majority of the voters want.
It’s the only reason I’m glad I’m approaching 70...I won’t have to put up with this b.s. for that much longer.
The GOC did it's own surveys and developed the "Engagement Summary Report - Reducing Violent Crime: A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault-Style Firearms"

The majority of Canadians(81%) do not support handgun and "Assault Weapons" bans. Unfortunately the only thing the Gov seems to have taken from this report is to start calling "assault weapons" "assault-style weapons"
Old 03-22-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
time will tell and we will see how it plays out...as with other past decisions they fizzled out....new guberment...new agenda...
So how many times have firearms bans/prohibitions been reversed in Canada?
Old 03-22-2021, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
So how many times have firearms bans/prohibitions been reversed in Canada?
Better chance of the grizzly hunt coming back
Old 03-22-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
So you're saying there's a chance?
Old 03-22-2021, 02:26 PM

the RCMP do not have the resources to do the gun grab. Sock boy is paying 42,000 soldiers including 23,000 regular soldiers , 19,000 reserves and 5300 Canadian Rangers. Would we ever see the Military used against it's own citizens ?? I sure hope not.
If push came to shove , even with superior firepower , 2.2 million licensed gun owners [not counting MANY more] organized into a Militia could be a force to be reckoned with.........so bizarre it's like a bad TV show ! But it's happened all over the world. That's where the word Revolution comes from , A forcible overthrow of a government or social order in favor of a new system
I hope i never see anything like this but the Turd just keeps poking and poking
Old 03-22-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Exactly!
Old 03-22-2021, 05:04 PM

So after struggling through the run on paragraph, am I to understand you expect LEO's to resign from their secure careers to have your respect?

Good luck with that one.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:00 PM

I think that the 'sky is falling' group who think there will be police kicking in doors all over the place to seize guns should stop to consider the actual logistics of such an endeavor.

Firstly, every police dept in the nation operates on a budget and has a finite number of officers, these officers are tasked by their senior management with all the various duties and responsibilities that we typically expect of our police, and they are already busy doing all of these things. With budget concerns and the possibility that some dept's will be forced to reallocate manpower to deal with funding cuts, do you really think that there will be multiple large teams deployed to perform firearm seizures from the law-abiding when the police have actual criminals and other police work to deal with? I don't see it happening in most areas, with perhaps the exception of Toronto & Vancouver, where the mayors are unmitigated idiot's and budgets don't matter.

Additionally, the police are trying to deal with the various groups that are currently slinging hate their way, do you really think that senior management will jump on the opportunity to go door-kicking on Canada's most vetted citizens as a way to improve their image?

There are lots of crimes that get overlooked all the time, I think firearms seizure will land at the very bottom of the pile in terms of most departments priorities. Possible exceptions to the rule might be people with PALs and registered restricteds-turned-prohibs that are on police radar for other reasons, and the firearms seizure becomes an excuse for a warrant.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I think that the 'sky is falling' group who think there will be police kicking in doors all over the place to seize guns should stop to consider the actual logistics of such an endeavor.

Firstly, every police dept in the nation operates on a budget and has a finite number of officers, these officers are tasked by their senior management with all the various duties and responsibilities that we typically expect of our police, and they are already busy doing all of these things. With budget concerns and the possibility that some dept's will be forced to reallocate manpower to deal with funding cuts, do you really think that there will be multiple large teams deployed to perform firearm seizures from the law-abiding when the police have actual criminals and other police work to deal with? I don't see it happening in most areas, with perhaps the exception of Toronto & Vancouver, where the mayors are unmitigated idiot's and budgets don't matter.

Additionally, the police are trying to deal with the various groups that are currently slinging hate their way, do you really think that senior management will jump on the opportunity to go door-kicking on Canada's most vetted citizens as a way to improve their image?

There are lots of crimes that get overlooked all the time, I think firearms seizure will land at the very bottom of the pile in terms of most departments priorities. Possible exceptions to the rule might be people with PALs and registered restricteds-turned-prohibs that are on police radar for other reasons, and the firearms seizure becomes an excuse for a warrant.
Exactly.
Where I live it takes them 45 minutes to respond 1 guy to a break in in progress