Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2015, 12:24 PM

Unreal ! Kevin is a stand-up guy so if there was some internal crap going on he would be out of there. Obviously his personal associates as well.
If such is the case - good on them ! Too much crap on Wild TV Productions for my liking.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:05 PM

Rumour has it someones up on federal charges possibly! Be interesting to see what comes of this?
Old 01-16-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I'll be the first to publically apologize to the OP as it seems there is something going on for sure....

From the No Limits facebook....

Due to circumstances beyond our control, effective immediately – No Limits TV personalities Danny Smith, Kevin Wilson, Heather Wilson, Blake Richardson, and Scott Banack, are stepping down, and will no longer be affiliated with the show. Collectively and individually we, the aforementioned, maintain a strong moral ethic as it pertains to our hunting, fishing, and filming. As such, we cannot have any affiliation or association with anything that is does not align with those values. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with No Limits TV and wish to thank all of our viewers for your support. Be advised that this decision has not come easy. We wish the owners and Producer of No Limits TV all the best as they move forward.

LC
Nothing suprises me in that industry anymore. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail addict View Post
Rumour has it someones up on federal charges possibly! Be interesting to see what comes of this?
If it's federal charges I'm guessing someone had a good spot in jasper lol
Old 01-16-2015, 03:06 PM

Another one stepped away a few hours ago. Blake has stepped down too. Something is surely up.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:23 PM

Who knows what's going on, but you would think his work associates/ friends would have known what he was up to. Wonder why they would wait till now to step away.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 PM

So is Chris David the "owner" of no limits tv?
Old 01-16-2015, 04:19 PM

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
OMG... You don't have Wild TV??? That's a crime in its self... Lol... Most weeks your not missing much LC, but occasionally there is something good on it.

Jim...
How will you know what to buy next?
How will you know what the "pros" are using?

Old 01-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev78 View Post
Just my observation, No limts tv Producer Chris David has been ejected from his own show, Cabelas pro staff and the Calgary sports show!!

Rumour has it he is being charged for several wildlife offenses

I guess if you burn enough bridges u have no where to go but under!! We dont need clowns like this teaching kids to hunt ect
I am glad to see fish and wildlife actually used all the evidence him and charge him. I hope it all sticks. I also hope no limits continues with out him.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:14 PM

What evidence?
Old 01-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
What evidence?
Contact F&W. Not my place to say on here which is also second hand info as I know who gave all to F&W.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Banned

Is it just me or does anyone else find it ironic that he named the show No Limits?
Old 01-17-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium79 View Post
Contact F&W. Not my place to say on here which is also second hand info as I know who gave all to F&W.
You mean one of the producers of his old show he left suddenly who may have it out for him? And the same person whose land the apparent violation took place on? I'll just say don't be too quick to judge guilty vs not...wait till if there is an actual conviction. My 2 cents.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:37 PM

Well THC seems to be doing fine, now everyone's leaving No Limits. Maybe people have a limit, seems like somebody might be a problem in the equation. In time all truths will be revealed I imagine. All TV personalities that get charged get convicted, the crown usually puts together a few years worth of solid evidence before they'll come forward and charge somebody. Fish and Wildlife in any province have limited resources and don't waste there time and money on nothing! Guess we'll have to wait till there are court precedings cause then the public will know, until then!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:36 AM

Default Chris David is an honorable man

I see how you are embellishing on the negative, but how many of you know of the positive things Chris David has done. He is a pillar for the hunting community and has gone above and beyond for those around him. He has unselfishly given back to the community, donated to charities and helped those in need or to people that can't afford certain opportunities. He has also helped people start in this business. This is a quality of a good man. How many of you can say the same. He said he left the show for health and family we should respect that. Only the big man upstairs can judge a person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev78 View Post
Just my observation, No limts tv Producer Chris David has been ejected from his own show, Cabelas pro staff and the Calgary sports show!!

Rumour has it he is being charged for several wildlife offenses

I guess if you burn enough bridges u have no where to go but under!! We dont need clowns like this teaching kids to hunt ect
Old 01-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogirl73 View Post
I see how you are embellishing on the negative, but how many of you know of the positive things Chris David has done. He is a pillar for the hunting community and has gone above and beyond for those around him. He has unselfishly given back to the community, donated to charities and helped those in need or to people that can't afford certain opportunities. He has also helped people start in this business. This is a quality of a good man. How many of you can say the same. He said he left the show for health and family we should respect that. Only the big man upstairs can judge a person.
Shows like that are a plague on the hunting community.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:21 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealclubber View Post
Chris who???
lol
Old 01-19-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogirl73 View Post
Nice first post and welcome. By the way is Chris a relative?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:21 PM

lake side says 'based on my personal history with them' indicates some familiarity, business or otherwise.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:59 AM

I don't get how some can condone shame on someone without facts or anything for that matter....
As geogirl73 said he has graciously given, donated and helped in anyway possible in the community, so why not leave it at that and applaud him for the good he has done.
He did say he left for health and family reasons and he does deserve that respect.
I certainly would feel like a bit of a D&*#K if I rode someone online and nothing became of it.....
Old 01-21-2015, 06:17 AM

Default No relation just a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Nice first post and welcome. By the way is Chris a relative?
Thanks for the welcome. I have been following Chris David for a number of years including posts and some of his seminars. If you followed him at huntfest and Cabela's as well as his homepage you would realize why. I just got tired of sitting back and watching people tear him apart for just hearsay. I also followed the other hosts, but they never did anything to impress me and never really contributed anything to mention.

Last edited by geogirl73; 01-21-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:02 AM

Default Another message

Anyone can be a host of a show, but I don't like watching people on film that are all about themselves and are just looking to be in the spotlight. I like people that use this for education and giving back and helping others. That is what it is all about. This is what separates Chris from the pack. Today I read something about Jason Acorn he did just that. He donated to camp He Ho Ha which dedicates their time to disabled children to have opportunities that they would not get otherwise. This is the stuff that makes people awesome and I would love to be classified as a relative, but just maybe an obsessed fan. I wonder how many people are going to start helping now.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortwheez View Post
I don't get how some can condone shame on someone without facts or anything for that matter....
As geogirl73 said he has graciously given, donated and helped in anyway possible in the community, so why not leave it at that and applaud him for the good he has done.
He did say he left for health and family reasons and he does deserve that respect.
I certainly would feel like a bit of a D&*#K if I rode someone online and nothing became of it.....
Yes he does deserve the respect to be left alone if he indeed did step down for health and family reasons, but why would everybody else leave as well, hmmm. There is more than one guy on here talking about some sort of foul play going on, in my experience on this forum is where there is smoke there is fire!!! Time will tell, if there is a sickness in the family then my prayers are with them.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
Yes he does deserve the respect to be left alone if he indeed did step down for health and family reasons, but why would everybody else leave as well, hmmm. There is more than one guy on here talking about some sort of foul play going on, in my experience on this forum is where there is smoke there is fire!!! Time will tell, if there is a sickness in the family then my prayers are with them.
That's the worst part about "public life", it's public! Will wait and see what is released before further commenting. The statements that have been released so far leave me with the impression something occurred but no one other than those involved know the real story. Why is the facebook page completely gone?

LC
Old 01-22-2015, 04:58 AM

All I ask is to pay it forward. Perhaps do a good deed for someone else today. I know together people can make a difference in todays world. It is a start by ending the negativity and focusing on the positive. Amen and God Bless
Old 01-22-2015, 05:26 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I will wait until I see if he is convicted of any charges before passing judgement.
Well said.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-15-2015, 10:39 PM

I see show is still on Wild TV so apparently they are going to wait for a conviction before removing themselves from association with the show
Old 02-15-2015, 10:57 PM
Banned

Talking

That's to bad.. Love that show and the wild tv network hitmen Canada and bear whisperer are my favorites!
Old 09-18-2016, 08:22 PM

Default Chris David Canada West Outfitting

On September 8th-13 2016 We went on a Guided Elk hunt in Hinton Alberta with Canada West Outfitting ( OWNER CHRIS DAVID) PLEASE REMEMBER THE NAME OF THIS OUTFITTER AND SHARE THIS REVIEW AS WE FEEL WE WERE COMPLETELY DECEIVED AND FRAUD BY THIS PERSON. Let me start by saying that we paid $10,000 for this adventure! and this is what we got, which was not what we were told we were getting. The outfitter had months before messaged and said he was ill, but led us to believe that there would be no issue that his guide would look after us, if he could not, or perhaps the new owner! up until days before we were to fly to Edmonton, he told us that he was still ill, but did not say anything about rescheduling. said his guide would be there. The day we arrived in Hinton and met with him, we gave him the final balance of the cost of the hunt and we were off to the log cabin(which is what we thought) He brought us to a campsite near a busy highway and private airfield where private planes and helicopters were over head constantly. When we arrived I was looking for the Log cabin, but only seen an RV, 2 white wall tents and a small 2 man tent, a picnic table and a fire pit. We were introduced to his guide and he begun to show us where the archery targets were set up for us to shoot our bows and then put his hand to his brow and said he did not feel very well, he was gone so quickly we didn't even have time to ask about the log cabin. There were other people in camp that I choose not to involve in this review, but one of the people he said was to be the cook, which was not the case. We started to feel something was not right and started asking questions. The guide was not a professional guide and had no experience.
There was no cook provided as he stated there would be, which was supposed to be included. the bathroom facility was in the RV which the floor was covered in mice crap and so was the kitchen cupboards where we were to use utensils and eat. There were no towels to clean/shower with, we had to use lysol wipes to clean our hands, the one towel that was in the bathroom was full of mice crap! Toilet was full, so could not use the facility( and I don't mind using the great outdoors but point being, I paid for something totally different) this guy does most of his hunting on the road in his truck, stopping here and there and giving a call now and then, We were told that we would have really sore knees from walking the hills and mountains, that wasn't the case. He told us that his success rate was 80%, there was another hunter in camp that only lasted 2 days( he was hunting Moose,Bear and Elk and as us he was provided a guide with no experience. We were deceived by Chris David, for those who are looking at booking a hunt of a lifetime, DO NOT BOOK WITH CANADA WEST OUTFITTING, (CHRIS DAVID) We have suffered a very difficult lesson and hope that anyone out there that see’s this review, should make it known as well, if you’ve been deceived like we have. This guy should not be in business! The lesson here, never give your balance for the hunt to the outfitter until you get to camp and see that you are getting exactly what you paid for! And by the way CHRIS DAVID, IF YOU SEE AND READ THIS POST, NOT ONLY DID YOU RUIN ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED HUNTING ADVENTURES FOR US, YOUR WALL TENT AND WOOD STOVE, WHICH WE WERE NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE IN, THIRD NIGHT INTO OUR STAY, THE STOVE PIPE LET GO IN THE WIND AND SMOKED UP THE TENT SO BAD AND THICK, AND ALL OUR HUNTING GEAR AND CLOTHING ARE PROBABLY RUINED WITH THE STENCH OF SMOKE, SO NOT ONLY DID YOU SCAM US OUT OF 10 GRAND FOR THE HUNT, BUT ANOTHER 5 GRAND IN GEAR. Don't let this guy fool you, he’s good at it!
So very disappointed and disgusted by such an unprofessional outfitter.

Lisa and Terry, Nova Scotia, Canada
Outfitters for Black bear in New Brunswick and Moose, Blk Bear and caribou Newfoundland, Canada
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALBERTA HUNT.jpg (32.6 KB, 290 views)