Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2022, 04:31 PM

Not getting much support here.
https://youtube.com/shorts/iJcLuNoJfLU?feature=share
Old 11-16-2022, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
The bizarro part of the whole thing is he is giving a few hundred dollars in GST credit and Housing benefit to renters, while Bank of Canada is ramping up interests rates in unprecedented fashion which will cause the mortgage payments go up by that much monthly for home owners once they sign up for a new mortgage. This is insanity. Sure, we will get whatever it is (400 some dollars?) as a couple with kids, maybe, but we will give it all to the bank in a month or two when our mortgage term ends next year. Like I said, insanity.

I think the article said “to support middle class and help those who are desperately trying to get there”. Guess what? With current housing prices and interest rates, inflation running rampant, those “desperately trying” will never own a home and some of those who do will lose theirs. One can only wonder how the minds work.

Many other countries in “the kingdom” designated a day in the near future for mourning, including Australia, NZ, others. Not sure why, but this is another issue. The same was done for previous “monarchs”, so it isn’t new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Most of the people that own the buildings that people rent from have mortgages, so when their mortgages go up, the rents will follow. So whatever they get back from the government, they will pay back in higher rents. But many people are too blind to see that, they will just blame the property owners for increasing the rent.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Most of the people that own the buildings that people rent from have mortgages, so when their mortgages go up, the rents will follow. So whatever they get back from the government, they will pay back in higher rents. But many people are too blind to see that, they will just blame the property owners for increasing the rent.
I'd like to know what the actual numbers are for property owners with and without mortgages. I don't think it's "most"