Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-16-2010, 09:03 PM

Bill is in Elko at 250-529-7720 and Ralph is in Cranbrook at 250-417-2926. Bill isn't taking much on anymore.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-16-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
how do i get ahold of these guys and where are they located? thanks
It was a bad as it looked?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Bill is in Elko at 250-529-7720 and Ralph is in Cranbrook at 250-417-2926. Bill isn't taking much on anymore.
ok thanks, ill have to give em a call.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 AM

Chuck said about the polishing he is right about the polishing if there are any pits as they have to be polished out.To do properly with fine grit sand paper(600 grit ) then fine steel wool and then finer steel wool then the finest you can get.it has to look like a glass mirror,any mark or fine scatch that you may not even see will show up huge as soon as the blueing touches the metal to do it properly is alot fo hours polishing the perp work is where you get the nice blueing jobs. that is why most of these guys bast and mat.but if you prep all your parts properly and all the smith has to do is blue it the cost is usualy quite resonable.as I have done alot of my own rifles and add alot of people admire them then they want me to do some old gun for them. and expect pro results they have no idea of polishing time to get thought results. sounds like chuck went thourgh this prosses just by the question he asked.as I siad before that I help anyone with this but I don't do this any more fore any one else.as it is time consuming & b>>>tch about price they think this is a 2to 3 hour job think again.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:14 AM

this wuold be full reblue not just a tuoch up tuoch up jobs usualy look like touchup jobs,but if one is willing to butting in the time one can make a cheap gun look as good or better than expensive ones
Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
ok thanks, ill have to give em a call.
I talked to bill last night and he is firing up his bluing tanks to to a few jobs , so maybe you can get yours done if you phone him today and expedite it!
He was waiting on a bit more bluing work, and that is what is holding up my Rruger No.1 in 303 Brit- he only has to blue the lever mod he did on it!1
Cat
Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I talked to bill last night and he is firing up his bluing tanks to to a few jobs , so maybe you can get yours done if you phone him today and expedite it!
He was waiting on a bit more bluing work, and that is what is holding up my Rruger No.1 in 303 Brit- he only has to blue the lever mod he did on it!1
Cat
i just called him and im gonna ship it out the beggining of july so im not sure if hes waiting to do the rest till then or what, but he sounds like a great guy and isnt adverse to chatting it up a bit haha.