Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
i fish everyday and i love it but growing up in victoria b.c is a way different life style trust me, but this city does have to many problems, is a dirty city, its not clean, there cars floating down the river, its just awful, then theres crime you cant walk anywhere without being robbed or beat up for no reason and if you dont obey well you get killed, what a great city edmonton is lol, all people do here is shop for nothing, waste money and time, what they should be doing is fishing or hunting
It sounds like you are describing Vancouver not Edmonton.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Well I suppose it was bound to happen. I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

This is tough people.

Really tough.

I agree with eastcoast

There I said it.
bout time
Old 05-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Gone Hunting

Yep I'd just about given up on ya! Did you get laser eye surgery? You seem to be seeing things more clearly now.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-23-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
thats sounds quite peaceful when compared to dangerous cities. 20 a day is when you need to start worrying imo.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:21 PM

I lived in Edmonhole 1985/6, no chance of ever doing that again. I hate everything about that dirty hole of a city.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

Kinda like Hongcouver,Surrey and Abotsford.Murders,home invasions,gangs,huge amount of thefts.I will never go there again,I like my quiet little town.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:04 PM

but Edmonton is number one in murders in canada, so how are other citys in canada safer?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
Edmonton is a city with 90% blue collar work force, more money, more drugs and the things that come along with the 2..
x2 more money means more drugs but theirs alwayse someone who dont pay up and then its a big deal because someone got shot but its no big deal about the millions of dollars of drugs getting sold to kids every day
Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Just heard on the news this morning that Edmonton has 20 murders and Calgary has 2. How in Gods green Earth can there be that much of a discrepancy???

On another totally unrelated topic...I counted 6 different police cars this morning set up doing radar on the Henday and Whitemud in addition to 3 different photo radar trucks. Even though, 95% of the accidents in Edmonton aren't caused by people speeding...they are caused by people who can barely see over the steering wheel, have no concept of merging, AND have likely never gotten within 10km/hr of the speed limit in their life.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Just heard on the news this morning that Edmonton has 20 murders and Calgary has 2. How in Gods green Earth can there be that much of a discrepancy???

On another totally unrelated topic...I counted 6 different police cars this morning set up doing radar on the Henday and Whitemud in addition to 3 different photo radar trucks.
Because it`s more revenue effective to nail speeders than killers.No fines for murder.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM

highest murder rate in canada so far this year is edmonton and were not even half way through the year yet, not really a lead you would want to have.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
highest murder rate in canada so far this year is edmonton and were not even half way through the year yet, not really a lead you would want to have.
Well at least Edmonton will be champion of something this year.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:47 PM

Edmonton is about to become a paradise where eco freaks can live one with the bear!

When the NSR dries up there will be a large natural bounty of trapped sturgeon. This will draw Grizzly bears out of the mountains to feed on the fish.

(Well a few will drive to the coast and cross the land bridge to the island but thats another story)

All the folks telling the guys down south how to live one with the bear will get their chance to demonstrate these skills.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
i fish everyday and i love it but growing up in victoria b.c is a way different life style trust me, but this city does have to many problems, is a dirty city, its not clean, there cars floating down the river, its just awful, then theres crime you cant walk anywhere without being robbed or beat up for no reason and if you dont obey well you get killed, what a great city edmonton is lol, all people do here is shop for nothing, waste money and time, what they should be doing is fishing or hunting
I have only one suggestion pack your bags and move back to BC that way Edmonton will have ONE LESS problem. Why would you come on there and bad mouth a city that you moved to grow up a little. I move to this city it was my choice just like it was your but i'll take the city the way it is if I can help change it for the better I will.But coming on here and saying how got Victoria is is not helping.So if you want to help change things fine if not shut up and move back home to mom I'll even donate the first $20 to your ticket

Last edited by horsetrader; 05-23-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM

good post!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:40 PM

Edmontons crime , keeping guys like huntinstuff busy since 2003 .
Old 05-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post
Edmonton is about to become a paradise where eco freaks can live one with the bear!

When the NSR dries up there will be a large natural bounty of trapped sturgeon. This will draw Grizzly bears out of the mountains to feed on the fish.

(Well a few will drive to the coast and cross the land bridge to the island but thats another story)

All the folks telling the guys down south how to live one with the bear will get their chance to demonstrate these skills.
I can see it now. Just released BC prisoners making pals with eco-freaks. Ewwwwww
Old 05-23-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post

Just slightly off topic, would anyone hazard a guess as to how many sturgeon are hauled out at night and chopped up now?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Just slightly off topic, would anyone hazard a guess as to how many sturgeon are hauled out at night and chopped up now?
Chop Shop
Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
I have only one suggestion pack your bags and move back to BC that way Edmonton will have ONE LESS problem. Why would you come on there and bad mouth a city that you moved to grow up a little. I move to this city it was my choice just like it was your but i'll take the city the way it is if I can help change it for the better I will.But coming on here and saying how got Victoria is is not helping.So if you want to help change things fine if not shut up and move back home to mom I'll even donate the first $20 to your ticket

where do i send my 20 bucks?
Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
where do i send my 20 bucks?
Maybe we can get fishingmom to take up the collection ................
Old 05-23-2011, 10:08 PM

Maybe he could hitch a ride with one of the grizzlies that are migrating to the island.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 PM

wow some people these days geeze, take care im quiting this forum
Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
wow some people these days geeze, take care im quiting this forum
It is an open forum if you are not willing to deal with the replies then you should not post. By posting your thought you are giving the other people the right to make comment on them as long as they stay with in the rules of the forum. Sorry if your feelings get hurt but life is not always in your favor and you must deal with it. Or keep your thoughts to yourself
Old 05-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Banned

Cars in our river...maybe... but what is it that is floating in the waves just outside YOUR Victoria........
...Clue : It ain't Sea Otter...and also reported to have washed down from a place called Kimberly..

Last edited by sourdough doug; 05-24-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 AM

I do not think that " bullying" is following the rules of the forum. Although many Of us could take what some of you were dishing out to Shawn , apparently he couldn't and finally had enough... Maybe.

I know it is/ was difficult to read and post without reading one of the 10-15 comments a day he posted I do not think he did any harm to any of us except to annoy us.

He seems to be a nice enough ,polite, helpful type of a person. I may of only found one or two of his comments useful , but I think there were one or two members that he did help alot. Even if those posters did keep asking the same questions over and over again.

Don't give up on us Shawn, or whatever your real name is. Come back with a slightly different attitude and I am sure we will welcome you back.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak1138 View Post
I do not think that " bullying" is following the rules of the forum. Although many Of us could take what some of you were dishing out to Shawn , apparently he couldn't and finally had enough... Maybe.

I know it is/ was difficult to read and post without reading one of the 10-15 comments a day he posted I do not think he did any harm to any of us except to annoy us.

He seems to be a nice enough ,polite, helpful type of a person. I may of only found one or two of his comments useful , but I think there were one or two members that he did help alot. Even if those posters did keep asking the same questions over and over again.

Don't give up on us Shawn, or whatever your real name is. Come back with a slightly different attitude and I am sure we will welcome you back.
I'm sorry but you don't move to another city by your own choice and degrade it on an open forum and not expect some harsh replies. This may not be the greatest city but it's the one I chose to live in. If he dose not like Edmonton there are many other places he can go to. I don't know Shawn and it maters not I would give the same reply to anyone who posted what he did. I don't think that is bullying but if you do that's your opinion and your welcome to it.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 AM

I've lived in Edmonton my whole life, other than some stints in Fort Mac and Montreal.

Once we had a child, I told my wife there is no way in hell I am raising my kid in the City, so we bought a house in the Ville.

It's a change..coming from the City and working downtown, I have always kept to myself and trusted nobody. Out in the sticks, it's all about community, something the big city lost..I even forgot about community when I lived there. I think this is half the problem.

At any rate, Edmonton has alot to offer, but it is also the hub of the North. It attracts Hobo's & wife beaters from all over the Country.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Banned

personally I have lived in edmonton since 2000 and have never ever had a problem,never been broken into,beaten up,any crime commited toward me in anyway,I have in my current house left my garage door open overnight on several occasions when it was full of quads and dirtbikes and tools and never lost a thing,as has been mentioned earlier most of the murders are people known to each other and gang related, and I am fine with that I wish more drug addicts killed each other really it doesn't hurt my feelings at all, life is what you make it if you accociate with those kind of people things happen to you, if you don't nothing happens to you.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 AM

Default Cyber Drama

How do these work?

Standard drama involves a forum member claiming foul and announces they are leaving.

Other members are suposed to beg the member not to leave.

Then all the wantabe moderators contribute their two cents.

I'm not playing. Never been interested in acting in anyones little drama.

Son if you don't want to be the butt end of the joke stop posting stupid stuff on the internet.

Saving bears, Vanishing rivers, and Edmonton suck threads make you an easy target.

If your going to play on the internet you will definetly need to develop some thicker skin. You've not been treated poorly, I shutter to think of the emotional trama you'll suffer if you ever are.

If you can't take folks hacking on you a wee bit you might consider not posting the stupid stuff. Blanket statements like everyone attacked by a bear was feeding them will elicit a response from many.

Anyway thanks for the entertainment!