Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Banned

A friend of mine has a couple sections of land out mayorthorp way, he shot two on his land, I went up there hunting, saw a bunch of tracks but I think they're nocturnal as I never seen one in the daylight. Maybe I'll have to all him up and see if they're still there. I know they were there 3 years ago.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:05 PM

I have been eye-balling them heli-hog hunts in Texas.., for $3000 one could have 3 hrs of fun. I may have to get in touch with my cousin near Houston
Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally338 View Post
I have been eye-balling them heli-hog hunts in Texas.., for $3000 one could have 3 hrs of fun. I may have to get in touch with my cousin near Houston
For $1000/hr I could think of things a lot more fun to do.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:10 PM

That maybe, but I'am talking about a legal activity.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeygun View Post
AGREED!!! I'M seriously beginning to acquire a HATE on for private land owners and especially lease holders that think they own the land and do not even let you access it for hiking purposes.. BULL ****
you hate someone who owns his own land or pays to lease the land, and won't let you on...for free...for no good reason other than you asked? Dude, pony up your cash and try and buy some land, or lease it, probably for farming or cattle obviously, and then deal with people asking you for access, then they leave the gates open or leave garbage on the land... it's not hard to understand why guys deny access. I'm a landowner and I also ask for access on land and respect when someone says NO. It's their right. They own the land! It's like a stranger asking to come into your house and you saying no... it's your right. come on man.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
AGREED!!! I'M seriously beginning to acquire a HATE on for private land owners and especially lease holders that think they own the land and do not even let you access it for hiking purposes.. BULL ****
I might suggest that with an attitude like that your access problems are probably going to be long term. However you should fit in well here as in the last few years there are lots of members on here who also hate the evil landowner.

Mods should almost start another section,"Landowner Haters", so they can keep all their disrespectful posts in one section, instead of dragging them into almost every thread, related to hunting. Out of all the outdoor media I read, AO is definitely leading the way when it comes to members who constantly post hateful comments about landowners.

Carry on with your bash boys, and just think of all the "good" you are doing?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
I might suggest that with an attitude like that your access problems are probably going to be long term. However you should fit in well here as in the last few years there are lots of members on here who also hate the evil landowner.

Mods should almost start another section,"Landowner Haters", so they can keep all their disrespectful posts in one section, instead of dragging them into almost every thread, related to hunting. Out of all the outdoor media I read, AO is definitely leading the way when it comes to members who constantly post hateful comments about landowners.

Carry on with your bash boys, and just think of all the "good" you are doing?

Or maybe there are a few trolls coming out from under the Crescent Moon Room. Nothing like raising a stink to rally the troops.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:25 AM

Aye. Texas be the place for hogs. Up here we are wary of wolves and cougars, down there we were wary of the hogs. I hate that its a tough hunt up here. Fun stuff. Would any one know of hogs in leduc county?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:

you should check out Florida hog hunting or the Georgia hog hunting with all them fruits in florida and all them Georgia peaches makes those pigs juicy. Makes the meat more marinated as well lol.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
If you display that attitude, when asking for permission, you had better get used to hunting crown land.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 AM

Default Alberta Hogs

They are alive and well in northern Alberta
Hogs.jpg
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 AM

Ive got a hunt booked in March with Hog Wild. Fenced or not...i will have a good time with some friends. Just dont know what to use . Thinking of buying a muzzleloader , maybe finally getting a compound bow and quit putting it off. Lol Maybe tye 270win? Maybe the 375ruger. I am planning on another 458 win mag soon in a ruger bolt action. Maybe? Either way its going to be fun.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Like these other guys said to buy your own land then! If someone doesn't want you on their land well it's simple stay the **** out!! What a stupid comment!! Typical eastern Canadian mentality jealous of the Albertans
Old 12-30-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2oil View Post
Typical eastern Canadian mentality jealous of the Albertans
Now THAT is a stupid comment right there!!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Ive got a hunt booked in March with Hog Wild. Fenced or not...i will have a good time with some friends. Just dont know what to use . Thinking of buying a muzzleloader , maybe finally getting a compound bow and quit putting it off. Lol Maybe tye 270win? Maybe the 375ruger. I am planning on another 458 win mag soon in a ruger bolt action. Maybe? Either way its going to be fun.
look foreward to the story and pics. from your hunt at hogwild.
this year i hunted up by manning and came upon a section of land where the fellow raises wild hogs. you'd have thought a forest fire raged through there. i'm talking not a blade of grass or brush, just black ground with trees growing. wonder if it's like that at hog wild.
hope there is more cover at hogwild to make it a little more exciting.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2oil View Post
Like these other guys said to buy your own land then! If someone doesn't want you on their land well it's simple stay the **** out!! What a stupid comment!! Typical eastern Canadian mentality jealous of the Albertans
Careful Dirt us Albertans are out numbered on this forum LOL
Old 12-30-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
with an additude like that done expect to get on to much land
Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 AM

I wish savage encounters had a qualified range on the same land...
Handgun hogging would be fun
ya know if they legally were in a place you could discharge a restricted,
and they legally and accidentally walked infront of your bullet.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
I wish savage encounters had a qualified range on the same land...
Handgun hogging would be fun
ya know if they legally were in a place you could discharge a restricted,
and they legally and accidentally walked infront of your bullet.
gotta love restricted regs.... an ar-15 would be fun also.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Out of all the outdoor media I read, AO is definitely leading the way when it comes to members who constantly post hateful comments about landowners.
I agree. AO is the worst I have ever seen. I used to be a hater went I first started hunting but I was 13 and having a difficult time being told No and even a polite No. My old man straightened me up very quick I have since grown up. Next to the abundance of game, landowners are one of our greatest resources. Some hunters are their own worst enemies.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Go buy some land then, or lease your own. Don't hate on a guy because he doesn't want you on his land
We'll put bud. I'm getting sick of these guys trashing us landowners but they don't own a single god dam thing. Maybe they should take up knitting instead.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Red Deer SCI has a Texas Heli Hog Hunt on the auction block at our banquet march 1st
Old 01-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Get a grip.

I understand that some lease holders are an issue but...they can be dealt with if its even worth the bother...which it usually isn't.
Otherwise.. those who own private land have all the same rights that anyone does who OWNES property.

I wonder what the source of your upset is anyway.

Most landowners are hunter friendly in my experience and so are most leaseholders....and by most I mean well over 90%.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I agree. AO is the worst I have ever seen. I used to be a hater went I first started hunting but I was 13 and having a difficult time being told No and even a polite No. My old man straightened me up very quick I have since grown up. Next to the abundance of game, landowners are one of our greatest resources. Some hunters are their own worst enemies.
In all fairness the recent paid access thread has not helped.

I agree that the bashing is at a peak and that generalizations are never good but... it has been from relatively few people and landowners can also thank some of their own for earning at least a portion of that.

We all ought to know that it is a very few who go out of their way to insult hunters or try to put them bite on them through paid access.
It is a very small portion of leaseholders that are being jerks as well.

But it is also a very small minority of hunters slagging land owners or misbehaving when access is granted as well.

Probably not more than a 3 or 4 guys from either side here are causing hurt feeling for all.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 PM

I think there's a few loose hogs out there with trail cams in a lot of land weres all the pics I've gotten a couple pics of same hog a couple days in a row then gone never had one again