Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Default Give in to tyrants

Mtgiant and big Dave and who ever else thinks this is ok.
Except its not funny
Old 06-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGiant View Post
Thanks for showing your mindset to all Mr MillWrong
Again....another comment from an unknowing soldier.....read much about gun laws????.....or are you just another guess monkey???

Did you read post #466????

Are you gonna call elkhunter out too???
The post you made #451 while correct is only one form of storage. There are several forms of safe storage that you had no clue about until elk kindly pointed out.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:12 PM

Default Hey

I do have friends that are rcmp but we need to keep some dignity police should have left the owners property where it was storage of a nonrestricted firearm is not complicated trigger locked or bolt removed is enough I would hope they would screw the door they kicked in shut and close your home up and not leave it wide open.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
My information is fact my friend.

And elkhunter11 even posted it.....#466 for your referance
Quote:
Did you read post #466????

Are you gonna call elkhunter out too???
I posted actual legislation, however in post #451 you only posted one option as to the safe storage of firearms, according to the firearms regulations. There are other options that meet the legal requirements. As such, your post #451 is not correct, due to you failing to acknowledge the other options.

Quote:
I would hope they would screw the door they kicked in shut and close your home up and not leave it wide open.
I for one would not consider it satisfactory for someone that broke into my home, to simply screw the door back in place or board up the door or window that they broke. I would expect that they left it as they found it. How would you feel about returning to your home to find a door or window broken , by the people that are paid to protect your property?

Last edited by elkhunter11; 06-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:31 PM

Default Ya

I agree it should be fixed proper and really believe it should not have happened but I don't want to get into it on a forum like this best thing to do is wait for facts and first hand stories from home owners to see how they feel, as a community we need to stand up and make our feelings known i want my daughter growing up in a free society.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:35 PM

Commentary on Sun News, if already posted, sorry.
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/f.../2516263737001
Old 06-29-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha......

We need a "shake hands" emoticon
Can you get that one ABB??????
Quote:
Thats awesome thanks

Can this somehow be added to the AOF emoticon list??
it is on the list you just have to select "More" on th e bottom, and its near the bottom of that list
Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
.....or are you just another guess monkey???
You basically lay cover fire in every thread, so how about you calm down with insults ending with question marks.

The rest of us are expected to.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Baitcaster View Post
it is on the list you just have to select "More" on th e bottom, and its near the bottom of that list
And thank you again
Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned

I think people should get their facts straight, the RCMP where only collecting firearms that were not locked up. Not one person has said on this forum that the only reason they were taking the guns was to keep the guns from falling into the wrong hands. Whose to stop people from breaking into these homes and end up selling them on this forum. It just shows you how many people here just keep there firearms in the closet, if you are a responsibly gun owner then all your firearms should be locked up and I don't mean in your basement closet.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:20 PM

Actually never mind, I'm not jumping in to this

Last edited by leeaspell; 06-29-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: delete
Old 06-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Oh hell, 4 threads on the same subject ain't makin' it easy.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Don't worry, that copy and paste post ahead of yours doesn't hold water. It was dismantled in another thread.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:51 PM

Wink High River t-shirt

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/...psbdac10a2.jpg
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
I think people should get their facts straight, the RCMP where only collecting firearms that were not locked up. Not one person has said on this forum that the only reason they were taking the guns was to keep the guns from falling into the wrong hands. Whose to stop people from breaking into these homes and end up selling them on this forum. It just shows you how many people here just keep there firearms in the closet, if you are a responsibly gun owner then all your firearms should be locked up and I don't mean in your basement closet.
You missed the point by a country mile.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:01 PM

My childhood friend is Jon Denis, justice minister and MLA in Calgary who knows where. I was commenting last night on his FB page to some of his political collegues, and I posed the question why was the reserve outside Calgary not searched, Calgary, The Hat, etc. I said imagine the media shyt storm if they did this on the reserve. No one responded other then to say it was different jurstiction. Heck, did Cbc even cover the rifle story, I never saw it.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
You missed the point by a country mile.
He apparently also does not understand the regulations for the safe storage of non restricted firearms in Canada, if he thinks that they need to be locked up. If the bolt is removed, or if they have a trigger lock involved, it is perfectly legal to store them in a closet.

From the actual regulations.

Quote:
STORAGE OF NON-RESTRICTED FIREARMS

5. (1) An individual may store a non-restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device,

(ii) rendered inoperable by the removal of the bolt or bolt-carrier, or

(iii) stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.

(2) Paragraph (1)(b) does not apply to any individual who stores a non-restricted firearm temporarily if the individual reasonably requires it for the control of predators or other animals in a place where it may be discharged in accordance with all applicable Acts of Parliament and of the legislature of a province, regulations made under such Acts, and municipal by-laws.

(3) Paragraphs (1)(b) and (c) do not apply to an individual who stores a non-restricted firearm in a location that is in a remote wilderness area that is not subject to any visible or otherwise reasonably ascertainable use incompatible with hunting.
That OR is very important in understanding the regulations.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He apparently also does not understand the regulations for the safe storage of non restricted firearms in Canada, if he thinks that they need to be locked up. If the bolt is removed, or if they have a trigger lock involved, it is perfectly legal to store them in a closet.

From the actual regulations.

That OR is very important in understanding the regulations.
I understand what the regulations are, why wouldn't you go that extra step of locking them up so there not easily accessible to kids or criminals.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:41 PM

Google
corus 770 audio vault

Show starts at 1:00 PM
Old 06-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
I understand what the regulations are, why wouldn't you go that extra step of locking them up so there not easily accessible to kids or criminals.
The WHOLE TOWN is on lockdown,, there was nobody there except RC's and Military and EMS,, no kids, no criminals, nobody, nada, no one, not a soul, ghost town with zodiacs/jon boats buzzing about with military and RC's and EMS,, that's it.

Part II,,, if you wanted to sneak into High River for malintention/looting you would have had to park next to an armoured vehicle, then hiked through very muddy terrain, all the whilst slowly being drained of your blood by a gazillion skeeters, and it's quite a distance to trudge.

Part III,,, nobody seems to get shot in High River except movie actors shooting a movie.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
As long as a person stores his firearms according to the regulations, it is none of your business, why he choose to store them in the manner that he does.

As for myself, my non restricted firearms will never have a trigger lock on them, while I own them, but I do store them in accordance with the regulations.

And regardless of which method a person chooses, nobody has any business breaking into a person's home, and taking any firearms that are stored in accordance with the regulations.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 PM

Based on history, I don't know why anyone in High River would put a gun safe (or anything else valuable) in their basement.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
The whole point of this thread is how it was wrong. Even in your statement you should be able to see this. If the firearms were secured according to regulations then it was wrong the firearms should have never been touched. It is not about how much more secure the firearms could of been to prevent them from falling in to the wrong hands I mean heck I am sure that even you could find more ways to even further secure your guns if you want to go to even more extra steps. It still does not mean that your method of storage compared to others is more right as long as both meet the minimum regulations.

I also think that there should definitely be some foregiveness if they were not stored 100% properly as I am sure some people did take them out of lower parts of the house and moved them to higher spots and perhaps maybe never followed the regulations to a t but then again it was an emergency situation and as long as the gun was not sitting there loaded I don't see how in an empty town patrolled by RCMP and military in a house that was locked should be considered dangerous as I am sure that most were out of sight (ie. not sitting in the windows to show off that firearms were there), but this is just my two cents
Old 06-29-2013, 11:44 PM

Well just finished listening to the show. It's a full hour. I don't think Roy Green could have covered it any better.

Google:
corus 770 audio vault

choose;
June 29 1PM

He is on again tomorrow.

He has a High River panel on there tomorrow.

Go Roy !!!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothills26 View Post
The whole point of this thread is how it was wrong. Even in your statement you should be able to see this. If the firearms were secured according to regulations then it was wrong the firearms should have never been touched. It is not about how much more secure the firearms could of been to prevent them from falling in to the wrong hands I mean heck I am sure that even you could find more ways to even further secure your guns if you want to go to even more extra steps. It still does not mean that your method of storage compared to others is more right as long as both meet the minimum regulations.

I also think that there should definitely be some foregiveness if they were not stored 100% properly as I am sure some people did take them out of lower parts of the house and moved them to higher spots and perhaps maybe never followed the regulations to a t but then again it was an emergency situation and as long as the gun was not sitting there loaded I don't see how in an empty town patrolled by RCMP and military in a house that was locked should be considered dangerous as I am sure that most were out of sight (ie. not sitting in the windows to show off that firearms were there), but this is just my two cents
No where in the thread title gives a bias for right or wrong. My thoughts carry folks in haste had unsecured firearm , the police secured these guns not door to door weapon sweeps which if one took the view of this thread is what has been suggested. If this was the case very few firearms would remain in high river. Right or wrong .
Old 06-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Suspended User

Default Alberta Police Report website

The explanation given on this website is that theses weapons were found in "plain sight". Not sure what kind of person would store guns like that. That is all the explanation we will get for now, until legal actions are done. Then we will see what they say.

As stupid as humans are getting, I can believe that someone likely had the Prepper mentality and got caught away from their home. Need that gun handy, might need to protect themselves from some imaginary threat.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Wolfhunter is without a doubt one of the guilty parties in the looting of these guns. His post is no another thread identical to the one he made here.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
The explanation given on this website is that theses weapons were found in "plain sight". Not sure what kind of person would store guns like that. That is all the explanation we will get for now, until legal actions are done. Then we will see what they say.
Do you consider being cased, and hidden in a closet to be "in plain sight"?

You might want to read the thread below.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=183406
Old 06-30-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
That still wouldn't change your already-made-up mind.

To me, if I had accidentally left my $3,000 custom made rifle, with bolt removed and trigger lock in place, sitting on the upstairs bed...I would be only too happy to hear the RCMP had taken it and I could just go down to the detachment and get it back.

Then again, there's your take on it....
Ah, yet another RCMP apologist.

You may not mind the RCMP trampling on your rights, but most other Albertans certainly do.

And throwing random insults and sarcastic responses at people who don't agree with you won't sway anyone to see things your way.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

The sweep of residence/homes was to insure the safety of all people first and foremost. Yes people hide when scared even looters so an entire sweep MUST be carried out. Thus the closets, nooks and crannies are included. That being said guns with the potential to fall into the "bad guys" hands were identified and removed from homes. Civilians for the most part like to point fingers and lay blame BUT really never do much more than jump onto negative cancer acting conduct which is very contagious...lets all regroup, put energy into a positive focus and hope those affected by the flooding can regain their "quality of life" as it was prior to the flooding.