Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Hey, never said cold turkey, speaking of which......oh never mind. Besides what's the legal definition of a break? You guys float enough fan boy garbage over there a guy could go non-stop 24/7.

Just tonight somebody was chirping about two points ahead but seems lost on the concept of points % which shows the gap may be wider than a soiler fan would like to admit. Not to mention which teams fan thread title seems to think their it's their time to win the cup yet some are dissing the other thread's fans for claiming they are winning the cup(which they haven't). You can't make this stuff up.

Hey Dead Moose, wherever and who ever you are, you need to jump in and satisfy the soiler thread infatuation with you by posting more.

I've given it to them straight, sans sugar coating. Offered solutions. Tried to bring them back to reality, jerked their chain when they've sent the BS meter over the top all under my AO ID and they still think I'm you. I'm just not not getting the credit I deserve, but to them you're a legend.
With indistinguishable writing styles, pretty hard to imagine 2 different authors, therefore making 2 accounts/1 user a far more believable explanation
Old 01-07-2022, 08:29 AM

Why does he need 2 accounts…? Maybe it’s like two fly rods of the same type…. Gives him more to flail away with…?

It is mildly entertaining when he talks to himself…. Kind of a gollum thing goin on.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-07-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Hey, never said cold turkey, speaking of which......oh never mind. Besides what's the legal definition of a break? You guys float enough fan boy garbage over there a guy could go non-stop 24/7.

Just tonight somebody was chirping about two points ahead but seems lost on the concept of points % which shows the gap may be wider than a soiler fan would like to admit. Not to mention which teams fan thread title seems to think their it's their time to win the cup yet some are dissing the other thread's fans for claiming they are winning the cup(which they haven't). You can't make this stuff up.

Hey Dead Moose, wherever and who ever you are, you need to jump in and satisfy the soiler thread infatuation with you by posting more.

I've given it to them straight, sans sugar coating. Offered solutions. Tried to bring them back to reality, jerked their chain when they've sent the BS meter over the top all under my AO ID and they still think I'm you. I'm just not not getting the credit I deserve, but to them you're a legend.

Dead Moose won’t be commenting. He was banned a long time ago because his only purpose on this forum was to be a Troll
Old 01-07-2022, 12:31 PM

4 goals and 4 posts, Tampa just barely holding on......lol

Can't wait for the next measuring stick.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:21 PM

Vladar…….

Sigh…
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-07-2022, 06:51 PM

So the goaltending in Calgary is human after all.

Hard to hockey without goaltending, I should know, I'm an Oilers fan.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscud View Post
4 goals and 4 posts, Tampa just barely holding on......lol

Can't wait for the next measuring stick.

You got your wish.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:31 PM

Another rough outing.

Hope they got it out of their system.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Another rough outing.

If they caught the Alberta variant then they are in for few more rough nights.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:11 PM

Well damn hey. I thought played them ok, but couldn't finish. Power Play was not good enough. Still don't have what it takes to hang with the big boys though.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:18 PM

Flames are near the top of the "Group B" lump of teams in the league.
They are lacking in skill beyond one line.
Goalies are good enough (hard to be perfect every night), but just not enough guys who can finish and their passing is not good enough. Another concern is their discipline to maintain defensive coverage. It is a pleasure to watch Tampa play as they do so many of the basics well and make few errors. Perhaps the quality of coaching is a factor on top of raw talent.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Another rough outing.

Yup, they played the top 3 teams in the east and showed they just don't have enough. When the talent isn't deep enough, everybody's got to be at the top of their game to compete.

At times they looked good but couldn't finish and couldn't sustain their play for long enough.

I thought Tampa looked really good, getting in the track meet with Florida was doomed to failure, that's not their game by any stretch.

Didn't catch the game tonight, but with 21 shots in the first, you'd hope they'd have more to show for it. Did they say why Vladar played both games of the back to back?
Old 01-07-2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Yup, they played the top 3 teams in the east and showed they just don't have enough. When the talent isn't deep enough, everybody's got to be at the top of their game to compete.

At times they looked good but couldn't finish and couldn't sustain their play for long enough.

I thought Tampa looked really good, getting in the track meet with Florida was doomed to failure, that's not their game by any stretch.

Didn't catch the game tonight, but with 21 shots in the first, you'd hope they'd have more to show for it. Did they say why Vladar played both games of the back to back?
The broadcast said they think Marksrtrom has a minor ailment and want to let him rest. No confirmation on that though. I suspect it was that Vladar played better in Tampa then Markstrom played in Florida. Darryl's way of giving Marksrtrom a little push, as he has only been average since the break.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:57 AM

I'd love to hear some Flames fans thoughts on the possibility of the Flames signing Evander Kane for the remainder of the season.

Pros:
-Less than a one year contract;
-Would likely be reasonably cheap;
-22 G, 27 A in 56 games last year;
-
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Kane-Backlund-Mangiapane
Dube-Monahan-Ritchie

Looks fairly talented.

Cons:
-Based on what I've read, I don't actually know the guy, he's a morally bankrupt insipid.

I used to think it would be a good idea to pursue him. I've since changed my mind though, and would be disappointed if the Flames signed him.
Old 01-10-2022, 10:00 AM

God no. Huuuge disappointment. We need that distraction like hole in the head. Oilers could use him though 😄
Old 01-10-2022, 11:42 AM
Banned

Yeah, I'd take a hard pass.

You hear a lot of things about Kane, but one thing you don't hear is team mates standing up for him, saying what a great guy to have in the dressing room, loved paying with him.

The risk would be greater than the reward in my opinion.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:38 PM

Talent wise, there is no question he is exactly what the Flames, Oilers or really any team could use.

But I think there is only a few teams in the entire league that have the player leadership group to keep Kane in line.

A couple that come to mind would Boston or Tampa.

I don't believe the Flames or Oilers have that type of leadership in the room. I not even sure the Flames would have enough even if Gio was still around.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:11 PM

I think there will be enough suitors for Kane that he won't sign with the Flames. But I agree you would have to have the right room if you brought him in. I think Sutter would likely be able to keep him in check though.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:00 PM

The right team might be able to handle him in the hockey setting but what about after hours and summer? Guy would be fronting bingo cards from every hall within 500km.
Lay down the contract and some random river Cree poker chips and he’ll sign faster than speedy gonzolas.
If it ain’t one thing he will change it to another.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:03 PM

Why would any team want the cancer in their locker room. San Jose learned the hard way. They got off lucky.

Apparently all it takes to get a bad contract off the books is to have the player screw up Covid protocol (easy to do) then terminate his contract. Hmmmm....wonder if other teams with bad contract should wink wink their player and do the same.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarguy View Post
Why would any team want the cancer in their locker room. San Jose learned the hard way. They got off lucky.
Some may have a hard time seeing past:
-30 years old;
-6'2", 210 lbs;
-49 pts in 56 games last year; and,
-Cheap, one year contract.

San Jose didn't, Buffalo didn't, and Winnipeg didn't, but they have the secret to keeping him inline.

On that note, Drger: ""I know the Oilers have made calls (on Evander Kane). I know Kenny Holland has talked to the agent, Dan Milstein...I think Edmonton, if they stay interested, and it seems that they are, would probably be in the top 5 (teams) from Kane's perspective."
Old 01-10-2022, 08:14 PM

Man I am struggling trying to keep interested in this season. All these long breaks between games, plus how does a team stay in "Game mode" with so much idle time between games. This season could go till August with the games they need to make up.
As far as Kane goes, meh wouldn't hurt my feelings if we passed him up. Dudes a tool, always has been and always will be.
Perfect fit for the Oilers
Old 01-11-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I'd take a hard pass.

You hear a lot of things about Kane, but one thing you don't hear is team mates standing up for him, saying what a great guy to have in the dressing room, loved paying with him.

The risk would be greater than the reward in my opinion.
Based upon all reports so far He isn’t the type of player to unite a team and build on solid team play.

He would fracture it. So then the question is would his potential added points contribute more than his distracting problems?

Where is he at with gambling and gambling debts? Where is he at with spousal or girlfriend problems? Would he have border crossing problems based upon his past behaviour? Is he agreeing now to be Covid vaccine compliant?

While the rumour has it today that the Oilers are expressing interest, league rumours are that he wants to sign a one year deal with Vancouver… his home city.

He has produced a lot of points in his career and has more time left in the tank. Question is now… where is his brain at? Is he on a self driven destructive spiral? Time will tell. One would be crazy not to sign him for a $500 K contract with bonuses. I don’t think he is a guy that put any team into Stanley cup contention. It’s a coin flip as to will he help or hurt a teams dynamics.

However sign him to a 2 year deal with trade potential. If he works out… trade him next year.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-11-2022, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

He has produced a lot of points in his career and has more time left in the tank. Question is now… where is his brain at? Is he on a self driven destructive spiral? Time will tell. One would be crazy not to sign him for a $500 K contract with bonuses. I don’t think he is a guy that put any team into Stanley cup contention. It’s a coin flip as to will he help or hurt a teams dynamics.

However sign him to a 2 year deal with trade potential. If he works out… trade him next year.
Well if it works out, why trade him the next year? If it doesn't work out he's virtually untradeable.

I believe the league minimum salary is $750K USD this year also.

Almost all productive players become unproductive players at some point in their career at it nears an end.

People with the issues he's rumored to have don't usually change overnight, at least not without professional intervention or treatment. I've not seen that he's subjected himself to any form of treatment or therapy, so if the issues are not just rumor or conjecture he's likely still dealing with them.

If the only way to have him on the team is to keep him on a very short leash, does that affect his play if he's not free to do what he likes to do?

You now may have a player who may or may not be productive but very likely brings baggage into your dressing room and team chemistry.

It's just not worth it. The potential damage that could be done outweighs the cheap dollars, be it 500 or 750K. IMHO
Old 01-11-2022, 11:22 AM

The Oilers should sign him.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-11-2022, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
The Oilers should sign him.
That may workout for them. Not many distractions on those cold winter nights up there. Well besides throwing boiling water up in the air and watching it freeze before it hits the ground.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
That may workout for them. Not many distractions on those cold winter nights up there. Well besides throwing boiling water up in the air and watching it freeze before it hits the ground.
Don't knock it until you try.

Also, I am thinking he is going to get more than the league minimum if rumors are true and his agent has been already contacted by 10+ teams

Unfortunately the Oilers are right at the top of the rumor mill.

I am kinda on the fence the more I think about it, as long as it is a contract for this season only.

I can't see him screwing up another chance that fast. Really won't start playing until 1st or 2nd week of February, and that is if everything goes quick with NHLPA appeal.

I know this is a Flames thread, so I will only do this once

Bison King, McDavid, Hyman
Nuge, Draisaitl, Yamo
Kane, McLeod, Foegele
Kassian, Ryan (Shore), Perlini (Sceviour)

That might be a hell of a 3rd line.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post

Also, I am thinking he is going to get more than the league minimum if rumors are true and his agent has been already contacted by 10+ teams

Unfortunately the Oilers are right at the top of the rumor mill.
How are the Oilers going to fit that in under their zero cap space?
Old 01-11-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
How are the Oilers going to fit that in under their zero cap space?
I think they will trade Kosk and a 3rd/4th round pick to a non contender with lots cap space, for further considerations.

The Oilers have $950000 currently available at the deadline, so that, with the 4.5 from Kosk, should give them so wiggle room for some bottom 6 help and possibly a 3rd/4th defensive orientated d-man.

Then I would like to see them package up Yamo, 1st round, a d prospect other than Broberg, and the Neal contract to go after a legit Goalie.

If everything goes good with Holloway, I see Yamo expendable because I can't see him in a 3rd or 4th line role.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:10 PM

Kane? Anywhere but to the Flames.

On a plus side at least on Thursday, hopefully will not hear Loubardis and Wills whine and complain how tired the Flames are after a tough road trip and back to back. All this time off for the boys and Flames radio still whining about being tired. Using their own cliche "To me, this is unbelievable."
Closed Thread