Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Pathetic. Bloop has done nothing but try to give people a heads up and share information. He's possibly been exposed, he's sick and his pregnant wife could be sick as well. Yet you still have to knit pick. You have the nerve to kick a man while he's down like that? The only person I would expect to make a move like that would be a spineless coward.

If you had any type of an idea how the real world works you would know that sometimes people get into different careers than they were trained in due to the money or opportunity. In the past I had journeyman mechanics, electricians, carpenters, engineers and numerous college graduates roughnecking on my rig.

Tell us, what's your degree in? Where do you get all of your medical knowledge from?

Give your head a shake.

Whose kicking. Chuck thought he was in the medical profession. I thought he was a welder. As you say, he could be both.

And I get my medical knowledge from a doctor usually.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Man is our system that broken. How can they refuse you at the hospital when they know this plague is out there. Are the hospitals that packed with covivid patients already. Very strange.
Running to the hospital that is full of unhealthy people is exactly what they DON’T want you to do. You walk in the front door and infect the cancer patient coming out. If your sick stay home !!!
Old 03-18-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodfisher View Post
Watched Global at six and the Dr said 4 to 5 weeks before it peaks in Alberta. Those charts mean nothing.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Watched Global at six and the Dr said 4 to 5 weeks before it peaks in Alberta. Those charts mean nothing.

I never said anything about a "peak"

The stats are current and updated daily and give you an indication of where the positives are and what age groups they fall into.
Just trying to pass on REAL info!
If you don't want to see that...then don't go there
Old 03-18-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodfisher View Post
I never said anything about a "peak"

The stats are current and updated daily and give you an indication of where the positives are and what age groups they fall into.
Just trying to pass on REAL info!
If you don't want to see that...then don't go there
I’m just passing on info I heard tonight. Don’t need your smart ass remark
Old 03-18-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Whose kicking. Chuck thought he was in the medical profession. I thought he was a welder. As you say, he could be both.
Twist your words all you want, you know exactly what you were doing.

Again, pathetic. Even worse when you don't have the brass to admit what you said and instead try to hide it. Integrity and accountability, maybe you should look into those.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:45 PM

This is pretty great:

Old 03-18-2020, 08:48 PM
Banned

Ok, so we learned that hospitals are jammed to the rafters, people are being turned away.

According to that Alberta website posted, 15,000 were tested and 100+ tested positive. What are the hospitals full of? Flu? Are the hospitals testing patients or other? Are they turning away possible covid cases sight unseen?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
This is pretty great:

Given the current rate of doubling they are looking at more than 60 million cases in 26-39 days.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:50 PM

Wondering what you guys have done to limit your exposure or help other people?

Had a neighbor text last night, he was making a trip into town and asked if we needed anything. We didn't but decided we would reciprocate that to our other neighbors and see if they need anything if we are going to town.

I am going to keep latex gloves in the truck for fueling up, keep the diesel off the hands and those keypads probably arent very clean.

I'm making an effort to wash my hands more often and doing it properly.

I have started showering as soon as I get home from work instead of playing with the kids/dog ect first.

I was trying to avoid my boss today since he was in the office but that didn't work. (He's part virus as it is).

What have you guys been doing?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:50 PM

People being argumentative and combative will be short lived. People have said there peace yet continue to jam it down our throats. This is a time we should all be coming together and supporting and willing and wanting to help others.

It would be easy to make this thread go away after reading thru this. What is going on right now impacts everyone and is historical. Moving forward very little leeway. Tired of teaching kids how to play in a sandbox. Govern yourself accordingly
Old 03-18-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro View Post
Ok, so we learned that hospitals are jammed to the rafters, people are being turned away.

According to that Alberta website posted, 15,000 were tested and 100+ tested positive. What are the hospitals full of? Flu? Are the hospitals testing patients or other? Are they turning away possible covid cases sight unseen?
Generally speaking, hospitals even prior to the crisis operate at 90-95% capacity. This is why temporary hospitals need to be set up to deal with an influx of patients. Not to mention the fact that right now there is only supportive treatment for the virus. This means IV fluids and ventilating if necessary. Right now they need to keep capacity available for critical cases only.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
People being argumentative and combative will be short lived. People have said there peace yet continue to jam it down our throats. This is a time we should all be coming together and supporting and willing and wanting to help others.

It would be easy to make this thread go away after reading thru this. What is going on right now impacts everyone and is historical. Moving forward very little leeway. Tired of teaching kids how to play in a sandbox. Govern yourself accordingly
I agree. After the last warning I have tried to slow down on the fear mongering. We all know where everyone stands on if this is a big deal or not. It doesn't need to go on.

Now it is about getting through this, sharing information and helping people were we can.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
This is pretty great:

Everything is much clearer when you actually see it graphed. I wonder how many will realize how dumb they've been to listen.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
Generally speaking, hospitals even prior to the crisis operate at 90-95% capacity. This is why temporary hospitals need to be set up to deal with an influx of patients. Not to mention the fact that right now there is only supportive treatment for the virus. This means IV fluids and ventilating if necessary. Right now they need to keep capacity available for critical cases only.
This, I know some rural hospitals are constantly only a couple beds short of being full at this time of the year on a normal year.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:

According to that Alberta website posted, 15,000 were tested and 100+ tested positive. What are the hospitals full of?
I was wondering that as well. Aren't there something like 60 hospitals in Alberta, so we're talking about 1.5 extra people per usual.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
I realize that, I was critical with a bleeding ulcer a few weeks ago. They wanted me in for 3 days, I checked out in under 24 hours. Can't stand hospitals, and didn't feel the need to stay there taking up a bed. There are many electives in hospitals as well.

Who is being tested? And where are they being tested? 15,000 tests run...
Old 03-18-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Everything is much clearer when you actually see it graphed. I wonder how many will realize how dumb they've been to listen.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I was wondering that as well. Aren't there something like 60 hospitals in Alberta, so we're talking about 1.5 extra people per usual.
People dying of everything else.

Hospitals filled to the rafters is the reason my Dad died.

Fell at home while he had chronic inflammatory demilinating polynerapathy, was taken 45 miles to Hospital in the morning by ambulance. Almost lost him on the way. Sent him 150 miles same day to Edmonton by ambulance. They did CPR on him twice on the way. Once there the Dr's said he had settled, they got his lungs drained, were going to keep him for 2 weeks to stabalize and told us all to go home. The next morning I got a panic call from my wife, they were doing CPR on him in Vermilion. He was dead before I got there in 15 minutes from Lloydminster.

Apparently there were no beds in the Royal Alex and Dr. Potgeiter in Vermilion told them to bring him back to Vermilion THE SAME DAY.

That's the excuse they told us anyway.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-18-2020, 09:10 PM
Banned

We've disagreed over this bloop, but add me to the list of people who wish you well and a speedy recovery from what it is that you have.
No matter a persons thinking on this...no one wants to be ill and anyone who makes light of a persons illness (and that includes JT) looses my respect.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
The symptoms he listed are not noted as being Covid 19 related. Still lots of flu and colds around.

Relax.
X2
As of March 1st about 31 million Americans got the flu. Relax Don't whine.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Again, Burro is spreading false information.
Burro, maybe it is just how you mentally compose then write, but please stop giving information as fact when you don't know what is true.

IMO, this is such a serious topic that people that repeatedly spread false information should be removed to prevent them from causing undo panic or harm.
Ask questions, offer suggestions.
Do not assume and Do Not post false information.

The hospitals are NOT full.

As has been explained, hospital capacity was extremely limited before the pandemic.
Hospitals have discharged every patient that they can, in order to make room for Covid patients.
These patients need a secure isolation unit. Hospitals have been converting entire wards to suit this purpose.

As it stands, there is little that can be done for people who get sick.
Fortunately the Vast majority of people will not need hospitalization.
Care beds are being reserved for the critically ill.

It's a world we have never experienced in our lifetime.
People need to adjust to this reality.
Do Not expect business as usual from a hospital.

------

Bloop,

No worries Brother.
You know anxiety can cause strange biological actions.
Stay strong, in body and mind.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 03-18-2020, 09:22 PM

Found this interesting.

https://washyourlyrics.com/

Old 03-18-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:

The hospitals are full of flu patients that never got their influenza vacine. Our city hospital has a 10 bed ICU and 4 influenza patients are being ventilated .

Last edited by Scott h; 03-18-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:14 PM

Well with oil being at all time lows there should be about 300 rig camps laying around the province each with a generator and about 12 beds each. Maybe it’s time we mobilize those camps to useable locations and set up temporary hospitals. The Chinese built a hospital in 2 weeks to help fight the virus. You would think with rig camps we could isolate. Open up 3600 beds and then burn em when we are done
Old 03-18-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Well with oil being at all time lows there should be about 300 rig camps laying around the province each with a generator and about 12 beds each. Maybe it’s time we mobilize those camps to useable locations and set up temporary hospitals. The Chinese built a hospital in 2 weeks to help fight the virus. You would think with rig camps we could isolate. Open up 3600 beds and then burn em when we are done
I heard one of Trumps news conferences where they mentioned using MASH units around the country if needed. Surely Canada has that capability do we not?
Old 03-18-2020, 10:25 PM
Banned

So when I think it was Bloop that said he was sick, his profile shows Camrose, likely won't be able to go to the hospital unless on deaths doorstep. Do you believe him? I do.

I was at the grey nuns on Feb 28 for a critical bleeding ulcer. They were full. It was 8 or 9 PM before I could be moved from the ER and into the last (according to the nurses) room in the hospital. It wasn't even a hospital room, just a day room that was converted to hold 3 beds. Supposed to be there for 3 days hooked up to a pantaloc drip, I checked myself out the next day.

Hospitals aren't full? I don't know about the rest of the hospitals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Again, Burro is spreading false information.
Burro, maybe it is just how you mentally compose then write, but please stop giving information as fact when you don't know what is true.

IMO, this is such a serious topic that people that repeatedly spread false information should be removed to prevent them from causing undo panic or harm.
Ask questions, offer suggestions.
Do not assume and Do Not post false information.

The hospitals are NOT full.

As has been explained, hospital capacity was extremely limited before the pandemic.
Hospitals have discharged every patient that they can, in order to make room for Covid patients.
These patients need a secure isolation unit. Hospitals have been converting entire wards to suit this purpose.

As it stands, there is little that can be done for people who get sick.
Fortunately the Vast majority of people will not need hospitalization.
Care beds are being reserved for the critically ill.

It's a world we have never experienced in our lifetime.
People need to adjust to this reality.
Do Not expect business as usual from a hospital.

------

Bloop,

No worries Brother.
You know anxiety can cause strange biological actions.
Stay strong, in body and mind.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Great idea actually.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:27 PM

Even the Terminator says stay home if you can. https://youtu.be/k8hj_fKsgio
Old 03-18-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Looks like there will be an empty school in many communities throughout Alberta. Taxes are are already paying the operating costs. I don’t think finding facilities will be the biggest problem, it will be staff and equipment. Maybe even recruit some teachers to help as they are often the “helper” types.