Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-16-2019, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Benny hasn't been doing much last little while. Definitely slowed down in effectiveness.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly
Old 03-16-2019, 05:26 PM

Flames hitting iron, that ping has to go in!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-16-2019, 05:39 PM

I love hockey compared to any other sport, it is just so beautiful.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:52 PM

I hate that goal with seconds left....dang.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-16-2019, 06:25 PM

Yasssss!!! Double minor on Backlund and Flames score a shortie right off the draw!! Tie game!

Whoooooooppppp!!!! Jankowski!

Old 03-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I love hockey compared to any other sport, it is just so beautiful.
Tennis is BEAUTIFUL
Old 03-16-2019, 06:29 PM

Well dang, jets get the go ahead goal.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:39 PM

Really outplayed them in the 3rd.

Guess we'll let them have some points and won't sweep them this year.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:39 PM

Dang. I thought they played pretty good, especially considering they played last night and didn't get into Winnipeg till something like 3 AM this morning.....but poop.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:41 PM

Lets go Nashville!
Old 03-16-2019, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Dang. I thought they played pretty good, especially considering they played last night and didn't get into Winnipeg till something like 3 AM this morning.....but poop.
I found it unusual they would have flown out last night. Ok game, Flames looked ok. Smith looked good.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah I was just saying this to a buddy, played pretty good considering second night of back to back with travel. To bad that one stick got away from Backlund for the double minor.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:55 PM
Banned

3-2 for Nashville. 6 min left.. Can we get lucky?
Old 03-16-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
3-2 for Nashville. 6 min left.. Can we get lucky?
It would appear that we can.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:08 PM

Ok. Serious discussion here. By now, we’ve all came to see the light and the general consensus is our flames just arnt a playoff team.
Between inconsistent goal tending, lack of grit, size and stamina to get through a gruelling series, and a history of playoff failure, do we make our best effort knowing it will be in vain?
Or do we throw in the towel because we have no chance at winning at risk of serious and possible career ending injury to our fragile but talented lineup? Do we throw the first series and stay out of the corners hoping that next year we may be able to add some grit and toughness required to win cups?
I don’t know. From one flames fan to another, do we chalk up the year to a good regular season and see what the future can do for us?
Might be a good time to bring the kids up to have a closer look at em. See what the future holds. Seeing how the chance of a cup this year is sooo minuscule.

A concerned fan.

Last edited by Talking moose; 03-17-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:43 PM

Um NO!!!! We have been in 1st place in the West for majority of the season, and second in the entire NHL most of it as well. Got there and stayed there with inconsistent goal tending, lack of grit and what not. I think we will be OK in the playoffs. May not be the knock down drag em out team, but quick and if we can hold pressure and outshoot teams like we have been doing mostly. We can tire a team out in 7 games as well, as long as we establish our game faster than they can out hit us. We have good players coming back now as well, so can be even better. Why Pizz away probably the best season we have had since '04, which by the way IT WAS IN!!!!!
Old 03-17-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Ok. Serious discussion here. By now, we’ve all came to see the light and the general consensus is our flames just arnt a playoff team.
Between inconsistent goal tending, lack of grit, size and stamina to get through a gruelling series, and a history of playoff failure, do we make our best effort knowing it will be in vain?
Or do we throw in the towel because we have no chance at winning at risk of serious and possible career ending injury to our fragile but talented lineup? Do we throw the first series and stay out of the corners hoping that next year we may be able to add some grit and toughness required to win cups?
I don’t know. From one flames fan to another, do we chalk up the year to a good regular season and see what the future can do for us?

A concerned fan.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ok, kinda well played. But thats the thing, we are a playoff team. In fact, we are #2 in the league. Doing well in the playoffs is such a combination of intangibles. I guess we will have to see. You need a red hot GT, you must avoid injuries, you must find about 3 or 4 deeper levels of heart and try. You must have the chemistry where 1+1 = way more than 2.

The NHL playoffs are the worlds hardest tournament to win. In no other sport are these athletes exposed to so much in a relative short period of time. Each and every one of them is modern days true Gladiators. To qualify for such a tournament is a achievement in it self. To win such a gruelling torment is what makes you and your team immortal.

In looking at the odds right now I see the favourite Tampa Bay at +250 everyone else is at least +900. The odds makers obviously think that TB is the favourite BUT why they are also saying is that they think ANY team is a long shot.

So, we will finish out this season, wash our Jerseys for the final time, find our Car flags and cheer our hearts out till we are shown the door to the alley or the door to Valhalla.

The time for giving up has passed, we are all in now.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Um NO!!!! We have been in 1st place in the West for majority of the season, and second in the entire NHL most of it as well. Got there and stayed there with inconsistent goal tending, lack of grit and what not. I think we will be OK in the playoffs. May not be the knock down drag em out team, but quick and if we can hold pressure and outshoot teams like we have been doing mostly. We can tire a team out in 7 games as well, as long as we establish our game faster than they can out hit us. We have good players coming back now as well, so can be even better. Why Pizz away probably the best season we have had since '04, which by the way IT WAS IN!!!!!
Ok.... seriously now.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:47 PM

Old 03-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Banned

It was in......

But that brings up another point. We need legendary luck. TB had it in 04 we had it in 89.

We did score in 04, we also kicked in a game 7 OT goal to launch us out of the first round on the way to winning the Cup.

I think thats why I don't take 04 so hard. We owed one to the hockey Gods.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:47 PM

Not a playoff team ? Don't know how much better the team can play , 1st in conference 2 or 3rd overall ? Id hate to see where we would be with a non playoff team. Enjoy the season fans.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:11 PM

The Flames have clinched a playoff spot!!!!!
Old 03-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Flames have clinched a playoff spot!!!!!
Yes we did. 10 games left as well. Excellent work!
Old 03-17-2019, 07:22 PM

What is the little X next to the Flames logo for?
Oohhhh we have clonched a playoff spot, not bad for a team with inconsistent goaltending, lack of grit and stamina. Guess we are a playoff team.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
What is the little X next to the Flames logo for?
Oohhhh we have clonched a playoff spot, not bad for a team with inconsistent goaltending, lack of grit and stamina. Guess we are a playoff team.

They are a playoff team yes. But they are not a playoff team. Ask someone if you still don’t understand......
Old 03-17-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
They are a playoff team yes. But they are not a playoff team. Ask someone if you still don’t understand......
Well lets see what happens. In August, we were not a 1st in the Western Conference team, but here we are.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Well lets see what happens. In August, we were not a 1st in the Western Conference team, but here we are.
Damn!!! So much for our chances in the draft lottery...oh well, go get em Oil!
Old 03-17-2019, 08:24 PM

I'm not going to comment on the Vegas goal over on the Oilers thread. Let them keep believing, good for them. I find it a little sad that the only hope they have for the playoffs is for the Flames to go out early. Them grapes is sure sour.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Ok I will ask, but thinking your more confused about this than anything. LOL

Old 03-17-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to comment on the Vegas goal over on the Oilers thread. Let them keep believing, good for them. I find it a little sad that the only hope they have for the playoffs is for the Flames to go out early. Them grapes is sure sour.
It's a bitter bitter place over there for sure. The butt hurt is strong, and in think it's clouding their thinking.