Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Banned

Especially is it was loaded with rounds of SSG! Way more deadly then a hand gun for sure!
Old 12-30-2014, 09:49 AM

This is the best response to this subject to my way of thinking, Thanks for posting,

Dog_River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
I was in Law Enforcement for quite awhile and saw a lot of things. Many of which nightmares are made of.
One thing that doesn't give me nightmares is the right for everyday, hard working folks to have the right to carry a sidearm.

Criminals will hide and carry a firearm regardless of any law. Always have and always will. They don't give a crap about you or me.
As a Policeman you are always aware of this and try to act and watch accordingly.

When and if we are allowed to carry, the world will not fall apart. Overnight you won't see a bunch of armed wild cowboys in the streets.
I think there would be a lot of positive spin offs from it, not only in retail, but sports, adventures, memories with your sons and daughters plinking away, etc.
When Im riding my fences, checking cattle, traps, fishing, hiking, etc, etc. I see no harm in having a colt 44 on my side.
Anyway I could go on but that's my opinion.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
I was in Law Enforcement for quite awhile and saw a lot of things. Many of which nightmares are made of.
One thing that doesn't give me nightmares is the right for everyday, hard working folks to have the right to carry a sidearm.

Criminals will hide and carry a firearm regardless of any law. Always have and always will. They don't give a crap about you or me.
As a Policeman you are always aware of this and try to act and watch accordingly.

When and if we are allowed to carry, the world will not fall apart. Overnight you won't see a bunch of armed wild cowboys in the streets.
I think there would be a lot of positive spin offs from it, not only in retail, but sports, adventures, memories with your sons and daughters plinking away, etc.
When Im riding my fences, checking cattle, traps, fishing, hiking, etc, etc. I see no harm in having a colt 44 on my side.
Anyway I could go on but that's my opinion.
As a former LEO, I fully agree with your post.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Wow! took me a long time to read through this thread!!

I think many people would be surprised at how many folks out there are already carrying...
Old 12-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzzzz View Post
Wow! took me a long time to read through this thread!!

I think many people would be surprised at how many folks out there are already carrying...
Wouldn't surprise me at all... Once you learn the laws on search and seizure, much can be gotten away with. Law abiding citizens shouldn't be searched - so unless you do something really stupid.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Banned

First posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 01:48 PM MST | Updated: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 03:26 PM MST

A woman was accidentally shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday when her 2-year-old son pulled a loaded handgun from her purse that then went off, a county sheriff said.

The 29-year-old woman was shopping at a Walmart in Hayden, Idaho, with the toddler seated in her shopping cart when the incident occurred, Kootenai County Sheriff Ben Wolfinger said in a written statement.

Sheriff's officials said investigators were still processing the scene of the shooting, which took place shortly after 10 a.m. in the store's electronics department.

The woman's identity was withheld by authorities pending notification of next of kin.

"A very sad incident occurred at our store today in Hayden involving the death of a female customer. We are working with the Kootenai Sheriff's department as they investigate what happened," Walmart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said.

Buchanan said the store had been closed and would remain so until further notice.

Hayden is a community of about 10,000 people located in Kootenai County, north of Coeur d'Alene.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Banned

Ontario Provincial Police are reminding hunters about the importance of firearm safety after six accidental shootings involving hunters less than a week into deer hunting season.

Central Hastings OPP said the first incident happened around 8:40 a.m. Monday, when a 42-year-old man was accidentally shot in the arm while hunting with a group in Tudor and Cashel Township, near Bancroft.

They said he was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.

The second happened on Maple Road in Odessa, where a 55-year-old man was accidentally shot, according to police.

The third happened on Weedmark Road in Montague, northeast of Smiths Falls, when police said they were called to a 59-year-old man's accidental shooting around 6:45 p.m.

In all of the cases, no charges are going to be laid.

There was another accidental shooting Tuesday near Peterborough. OPP said a 17-year-old boy was accidentally shot in the shoulder by someone else in their hunting party.

He was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries. Again, no charges will be laid.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:32 PM

Not sure what these last 2 posts are supposed to accomplish but to a layman, it would appear we should be more selective as to who gets to have a long gun and adding hand guns isn't a very good idea.

Don't shoot yourselves in the foot, seems to be going around

AO logic
Old 12-30-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billie View Post
Not sure what these last 2 posts are supposed to accomplish but to a layman, it would appear we should be more selective as to who gets to have a long gun and adding hand guns isn't a very good idea.

Don't shoot yourselves in the foot, seems to be going around

AO logic
Well for one accidents will happen. For two the second anecdote makes the intent of the first one moot. My guess as to the purpose of the first one was to attempt to illustrate the dangers of the general public having handguns. But yeah the average uneducated layman would look at both of them and have a panic attack.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Once again "everybody" is not true. There would be licensing and other qualifications required. Why is that such a difficult concept for antis to understand?
Money and Power. The liberal mind believes that you are too stupid to own a handgun.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Well for one accidents will happen. For two the second anecdote makes the intent of the first one moot. My guess as to the purpose of the first one was to attempt to illustrate the dangers of the general public having handguns. But yeah the average uneducated layman would look at both of them and have a panic attack.
Nice to see someone gets it.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

Cool

Funny , so on average one canadian a year dies from a wild life attack . In sdf's one day US Shootings our death rate from firearms would increase way beyond that on the accidents alone. Did expler just try to compare hunting accidents with a 2yr old killing its mother please run through the thought process to link those in your mind ???
Old 12-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
you need to do some research . As our esteemed exmpler posted a link its a 50/50 as to who gets shot in a ccw confrontation. As the myth busters proved to with in reason 20' and a pistol is reduced in its usefulness as a human can cover the distance before weapon is drawn . Ben Johnson ran at 23 mph . bear,elk ,moose can achive twice that speed in a blink . Cougar is even quicker.

Ask exmpler to put up the link to ccw crime stats and occurences in the US. it quite startling . the stats are for some reason very difficult to gather ?? Cant think of why ?? Who would benifit from the cover up of ccw (law abiding ) criminals. As to you last statement living in fear of speaking your mind ?? Becase some dolt thinks shooting is a first responce ?? You would have a nation of cowards....if you take there guns away .
This would also apply to use of a firearm to defend yourself in the home.

Something you support, or so you say.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Funny , so on average one canadian a year dies from a wild life attack . In sdf's one day US Shootings our death rate from firearms would increase way beyond that on the accidents alone. Did expler just try to compare hunting accidents with a 2yr old killing its mother please run through the thought process to link those in your mind ???
If you wish to use accidents and irresponsible use as arguments against the carrying of handguns.

Surely that same argument should be used against the carrying of long guns.

Both instances resulted in death or injury involving a firearm, yet nobody would claim that as evidence that long guns should be restricted like hand guns are.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:02 PM

You are more likely in Canada and the US, to die of accidental poisoning or a fall, than an accidental gunshot. One is more likely to make the news though.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
If you wish to use accidents and irresponsible use as arguments against the carrying of handguns.

Surely that same argument should be used against the carrying of long guns.

Both instances resulted in death or injury involving a firearm, yet nobody would claim that as evidence that long guns should be restricted like hand guns are.
Im stating more guns cause more accidents period. Murphy works like that . Can mom put a rifle in her purse and carry it to the wallmart ?? Then place it loaded on the cart with a 2yr old ??? One instance a pistol was legal in every manner till a 2yr old got a hold of it ..as murphy would have it. In the other instances adults made poor choices or mistakes . In your mind those are the same ?? See how a 40" long rifle differs from a 6" long pistol or in your world they are the same ??
Old 12-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Banned

Any gentlemen familiar with Windsor-Detroit.

We should take Fishgunner over the bridge into Detroit, get him drunk, and then drop him off in one of the hoods.

Let him learn about the demographics of gun violence in a concrete manner.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Any gentlemen familiar with Windsor-Detroit.

We should take Fishgunner over the bridge into Detroit, get him drunk, and then drop him off in one of the hoods.

Let him learn about the demographics of gun violence in a concrete manner.
Oh how plain and boring kitty grew up half an hr from Detroit on the canadian side ho hum 76 -80 . Lived just out side of Atlanta for a year how droll . Never once needed or wanted a fire arm , never once needed to defend my self in any manner?? Im from one of the worst areas in glasgow grey yor big bad cities offer me no fear . 2300 Atlanta projects sitting on the stoop sharing a Marlboro with the O G . All packing 9's . could care less I stopped for directions took off my helmet and had a smoke. Played little leauge in marine city and went to every tigers and red wings home game. load of crap rode bike from white rock BC to daytona beach and all over in between only time I ever seen gun play was two cow poke types in Cheyenne, Wyoming fighting over a woman asked them to put the guns behind the bar before they steped out side. ..cause im like that.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Banned

I hope they don't honestly look how bad West Country is shot up all we need is more shooting everything up. And having some one try shooting deer and wounding them now if it was 20 years ago yes cause ppl actually were responsible but look at the stupid crap that happens now.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh how plain and boring kitty grew up half an hr from Detroit on the canadian side ho hum 76 -80 . Lived just out side of Atlanta for a year how droll . Never once needed or wanted a fire arm , never once needed to defend my self in any manner?? Im from one of the worst areas in glasgow grey yor big bad cities offer me no fear . 2300 Atlanta projects sitting on the stoop sharing a Marlboro with the O G . All packing 9's . could care less I stopped for directions took off my helmet and had a smoke. Played little leauge in marine city and went to every tigers and red wings home game. load of crap rode bike from white rock BC to daytona beach and all over in between only time I ever seen gun play was two cow poke types in Cheyenne, Wyoming fighting over a woman asked them to put the guns behind the bar before they steped out side. ..cause im like that.
That's good, obviously your not a frady cat.

You love the Dial 911 and die sort of life.

What about your daughter?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Im stating more guns cause more accidents period. Murphy works like that . Can mom put a rifle in her purse and carry it to the wallmart ?? Then place it loaded on the cart with a 2yr old ??? One instance a pistol was legal in every manner till a 2yr old got a hold of it ..as murphy would have it. In the other instances adults made poor choices or mistakes . In your mind those are the same ?? See how a 40" long rifle differs from a 6" long pistol or in your world they are the same ??
Then you must agree 0 guns would mean 0 accidents, but you are willing to accept accidents with long guns. Are the victims of long gun accidents any less dead or injured?

Both instances were a result of poor choices and mistakes. Yet you try to somehow differentiate between the two because you want to be able to keep you long gun unrestricted.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
WOW! can I touch your cape?

I grew up in Windsor. Spent more than one night in Mogadishu....er I mean Detroit. My brother married a girl who lived in downtown detroit. Her family moved from the coal mines of Kentucky to Detroit to find work. Ask me if anyone in that family ever carried or is armed now.

They lived 2 blocks from the race riots of 1967.

I doubt you and your cleaning supplies would fare well in today's Detroit.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:

He already stated he wouldn't water board his child's abductor in another thread.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Spent all of that time surrounded by CCW and never an incident. Yet claims blood would run in the streets if allowed here.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

Wth she should pack a .45. No silly cat thats why shes in rugby academy and takes martial arts and as best I can she is taught to fight not flee. Why would I dial 911? for buddy that pulled a pistol ??lol see unlike all the pro ccw folks I understand fear is the issue . Like the yank cop that felt threatend by to fellas giving away stampede tickets....filling his pants as little old ladies walked dogs with in paces without a care in the world. With in a week another ex cop plugged a guy for throwing pop corn I like the ATC wilderness program as hoop jumping weeds out the lazy.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

I grew up in Windsor. Spent more than one night in Mogadishu....er I mean Detroit. My brother married a girl who lived in downtown detroit. Her family moved from the coal mines of Kentucky to Detroit to find work. Ask me if anyone in that family ever carried or is armed now.

Captain Clorox to the rescue!!
Old 12-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
He already stated he wouldn't water board his child's abductor in another thread.
No you made that up you created a no win scenario.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Spent all of that time surrounded by CCW and never an incident. Yet claims blood would run in the streets if allowed here.
Read again your imagination is playing trix with you again . Two cow poke were ready to plug each other
Old 12-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

Did you get shot ?? If not, how not ?? Did you pack a tommy gun?? Were you constantly afraid. Did you hover near police cars and stations ??? Im so glad you lived red just think how lucky you are .
Old 12-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Captain Clorox to the rescue!!
Hay you said something originalwell done . Just think you and steven harper have something in common if an incident were to occur. He may be better a hiding I suspect . ( jk I know you are no victim)
Closed Thread