Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
how often do you see guys standing on street corners selling booze?
How often do you see guys begging for money so they can Buy booze
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerb View Post
usually their cars are broke down and they need a few dollars for a taxi
Old 09-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Default Criminals will always make exuses

Criminals and lawbreakers always make exuses for what they do. I'm sure even Clifford Olson justifed to himself why he did what he did.
Arguing with a criminal that is going to continue on with their "trade" is pointless.
Go hunting or fishing instead and continue with your part to make this world a better place by being a law abiding citizen.
Fate and justice will hopefully take care of the rest.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
usually their cars are broke down and they need a few dollars for a taxi
Lol yeah their car broke down because they ran it into a pole while drinking.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Cool.

The obvious results as I figured... Thanks for pulling the link. The vast majority of people that try it don't keep using. Of those that kept using a large percentage claimed to use it for medical reasons, mental stress or pain (hence a need for medical applications).

So your claim that the majority of Canadians use pot is false. In fact your proof shows that 10.2% of women and 18.2% of men have used in the past year. That my friend is 28.4% of which likely most are like some of you that smoke once in a while and not regularly. Regular smokers are much lower percentage of the population...a fringe group.

That is the reason we have the laws in place we do. That is the reason it is not legalized. It is the people and not a conspiracy of old politicians. 71.6% don't smoke pot.

Great.

You finished the argument for me. Why are we having this discussion again...oh ya...cause it is better than vaccuming.

Sun

P.S. By the way...I was just mentioning Brave New World for levity...a good book...nothing specifically to do with pot. They had a pill...smoking a pill would of taken to much inhaling strength. But nice to know you did actually add another superfluous comment to the stream.

and by the way...alcohol is a natural compound...derived from plants...and actually alcohol grows on trees...just ask the drunk waxwings in the Fall.
You my friend, have lost it. This is EXACTLY what i'm talking about when I mean you run around in circles.

SUNDANCE: "So your claim that the majority of Canadians use pot is false."

WHERE DID I SAY THAT?????????????????????????????????? All I said was greater than 50% have TRIED pot in their lifetime. You make up some rediculous thing I said to make it seem like you have an argument, post after post after psot. If you asked me what percent of the population currently smoke (and currently is a grey area, lets say in the last month), I would have guessed right around where it was. 25% of people admit to frequently using pot. 1/4 of the population. Imagine if they were all in jail? Is a quarter of this country criminals in your mind?

And what about all the people that weren't honest? If somebody came to my house and asked me questions like that I wouldn't say jack. Why would I risk incriminating myself because of these stupid laws that make no sense.

By the way, the alcohol is more natural (or as natural) argument, alcohol is the result of rotting fruit. If you want to partake in natural alcohol, go slurp the juice from some moldy, slimey oranges that were left out in the sun. If you want wine, your consuming man-made concoctions to the max and it is no longer natural. Of course your addiction may be telling u otherwise, lol.

But, good job ignoring all my dozens of other points you fail to find a way to dispute, thats typical for somebody with your mind set. Run out of answers so why not make some up! Ridiculous.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
Criminals and lawbreakers always make exuses for what they do. I'm sure even Clifford Olson justifed to himself why he did what he did.
Arguing with a criminal that is going to continue on with their "trade" is pointless.
Go hunting or fishing instead and continue with your part to make this world a better place by being a law abiding citizen.
And I'm sure you have never j walked, sped, stole (don't lie everyone has stolen joke or not), or kept an undersized fish because you mortally hooked it. laws are not always morally right. Just look at how people treat us gun owners. Or the whole gay marriage junk in the u.s.

Last edited by Killerb; 09-27-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well you clearly have read about 1 post +/- in this whole thread lol. What will your excuse be when marijuana is legalized? I guess those pothead's "excuses" will have been right after all?

Criminals and lawbreakers always make excuses for what they do. I'm sure you are trying to justify the gun registry being wrong. It is the law, it is right, and arguing over it will be pointless. Just go hunting instead (with sticks).

Think before you post people.

Im done in this thread, I wasn't going to name call, but argueing with old right wing conservatives is pretty much the biggest waste of time on the face of this earth. Its almost worse than trying to work out a deal with the Taliban.

Peace out all, and convince your kids harder to VOTE There has been a huge lack of voter turnout for this younger generation, and part of that problem is the way our older generation has unfortunately failed to show us the importance of voting when we were being brought up. They F'd the environment for us too. Oh well.

Last edited by Pocket Aces; 09-27-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM

Default Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Curious. How honest are you with your wife and her parents and your parents that you are an illegal drug user.

I would never let me kids play anywhere near your kids because kids are very smart and know way more then we often give them credit for. You are teaching them illegal drugs are okay and that...is very, very scary...and sad.

I wonder if it is the drugs that makes someone do something as foolish as writing on a public forum that they are an illegal drug user. You should hope you never get a divorce...because I guarantee you...you will regret what you have written.
My parents are fine with it, my inlaws are much like you. Haven't tried it and don't openly support my "addiction" lol. But I am an adult so it dosent bother me what they think. My wife is a-ok with it. She used to smoke pot but no longer enjoys it so she no longer smokes it.

As far as not letting your kids play with my kids. That's your call. But I think if you got to know me and my kids you would probably change your mind. And if you didn't, thats to bad but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. I've got plenty of friends and some don't smoke weed.

If I ever got a divorce I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I don't plan on having one so I won't tactically plan my strategy quite yet.

As far as proclaiming my use of illegal drugs? Well it's not illegal to smoke it. Just posses. And go ahead call the "green team" on me. I'm not holding lol.

The great thing about being a marijuana addict is that in some cases it makes you a more laid back person. I don't feel the need to thrust my habits and judgment on others. To each their own.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 PM

If you guys want to use statistics at least interpret them close to properly. Assuming that the population of men and women is split 50/50 the data reported would make 44.7% of the total population having tried marijuana at least once and 14.2% of the population being current (as in at least once in the past year) users. Which means that 85.8% of Canadians are currently not using any amount of marijuana. These numbers will vary slightly if the population split is not equal between men and women, but not significantly since I expect the split will not be significantly different.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_xi@hotmail.com View Post
Well it's not illegal to smoke it. Just posses.
Really? Did you really write that?

I get it.... someone else owned it and held it. You just leaned over and took a puff.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces View Post
All I said was greater than 50% have TRIED pot in their lifetime. You make up some rediculous thing I said to make it seem like you have an argument, post after post after psot. If you asked me what percent of the population currently smoke (and currently is a grey area, lets say in the last month), I would have guessed right around where it was. 25% of people admit to frequently using pot. 1/4 of the population. Imagine if they were all in jail? Is a quarter of this country criminals in your mind?

And what about all the people that weren't honest? If somebody came to my house and asked me questions like that I wouldn't say jack. Why would I risk incriminating myself because of these stupid laws that make no sense.

By the way, the alcohol is more natural (or as natural) argument, alcohol is the result of rotting fruit. If you want to partake in natural alcohol, go slurp the juice from some moldy, slimey oranges that were left out in the sun. If you want wine, your consuming man-made concoctions to the max and it is no longer natural. Of course your addiction may be telling u otherwise, lol.

But, good job ignoring all my dozens of other points you fail to find a way to dispute, thats typical for somebody with your mind set. Run out of answers so why not make some up! Ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces View Post
Considering the info was gathered before 2005, a lot has changed since then. The trend of more and more people smoking has continued and I bet it is in the range of at least 55%-60% now, the total percentage of canadians that have tried it.
Why are we arguing. You can obviously buy pot when you want to. Only 75% of the population don't use it. 25% don't admit to frequently using pot but rather only 11.3%. The stats show 45% tried it not 60%...a large percentage didn't like it for what ever reason and only about a quarter smoke of which like Killerb said are not potheads as he put it but rather occasional users. Seems they start young and mostly out grow it according to the stats. So legalizing to effectively increase the user base hardly makes any sense.

It comes down to society feeling pressure to legalize pot to the benefit of a few hard core users and a small percentage of occasional users. They are thinking of that for money saving reasons...not because they condone or agree with pot use. 28.4% does not make for a sweeping argument to change the laws.

Anyways...the fact a majority of Canadians don't use pot...is good to know.

LOL

Anyways...I may of lost it...this has gone on a long time. Got to go cook my greenling.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:45 PM

Default It's a fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Really? Did you really write that?

I get it.... someone else owned it and held it. You just leaned over and took a puff.
If it were illeagle to use, anyone who tests positive in a drug test could be charged with a crime. And that is not the case. You may not agree with it but dosent change that it is indeed a FACT
Old 09-27-2011, 07:50 PM

And another FACT would be that if you used, then you possessed. Ergo, you were party to an illegal act.

Unless you would have us believe that it was second hand smoke?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:53 PM

It's the age old debate between squares and stoners. No winners and no loosers. Just two opposite sides of the same story. All debating does is entrench both sides deeper in their belief. I'll smoke weed for as long as I can. If I get a job where I'll need to pass a test, I'll stop. But there is no other reason for me to quit.

Call me an addict or a stoner, dosent bother me, Im a happy camper with a blessed life. I wish everyone else can focus on personal happines rather then casting judgement over others.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:55 PM

Default Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
And another FACT would be that if you used, then you possessed. Ergo, you were party to an illegal act.

Unless you would have us believe that it was second hand smoke?
I'm not debating it with you!! Look it up and find one case in Canada where a person has been charged with the consumption of marijuana. You won't find one because it is not a crime.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:33 AM

Wink

Interesting coments from an admitted user/abuser of illegal drugs in post 434 from Mac. You say nothing is wrong with smoking pot yet you call yourself ( in your post ) a stoner and a looser !!!!!! Nope, it sure doesn't affect anyones brain. Nuff said.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Default Maybe read my post out loud again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Interesting coments from an admitted user/abuser of illegal drugs in post 434 from Mac. You say nothing is wrong with smoking pot yet you call yourself ( in your post ) a stoner and a looser !!!!!! Nope, it sure doesn't affect anyones brain. Nuff said.
Sure call me a stoner, call me a looser call me an addict. It makes no difference to me. I won't be crying in my coffee this morning because some person, whom I've never met, decides to judge me.

Seriously why does it seem like the Internet brings out the hatred and ignorance in people?? I guarantee if I saw you in the field you would probably be a nice person to me. And I would do the same.

There seems to be a higher percentage of people on this forum who, for whatever reason, use passive aggressiveness or outright rudeness to push their beliefs onto others. It must be nice to see the world so black and white all the time. Being perfect and sitting on top of their high horses looking down their noses at those with differing opinions or lifestyles. For those of you with children, I hope those tactics work better on them then it does on people on this forum. Because it would be nice if there were not drug or alcohol issues in the world but throwing more people in jail won't keep your kids safe.

Let he (or she) who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Last edited by mac_xi@hotmail.com; 09-28-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_xi@hotmail.com View Post

Let he (or she) who is without sin, cast the first stone.
this saying needs to be changed

How about "let he who has not sinned as much as me cast the bigger stone."

If I say " I have never tried any drugs, cigarettes or alcohol......" some jack wagon will spend 4 hours going through every post I have ever made and come up with

"but on July 3 2008 you said you drove 121 kph so you are a sinner!"

Every conversation argument or conflict can be slanted in every direction desired by any party. 'Let he who' is the stupidest 'out' there is, in my opinion.
Feel free to disagree.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-28-2011, 11:36 AM

What a great post Ken.

That saying should be changed,

along with the decriminalization of pot, which will happen.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM

Maybe you got the posts mixed up Mac, but that was not ME that called you a stoner and a looser, that was you in your post ( post 434 ). Now add an addict to the list ( your words again ). Hmmm. Just the kind of people I'd like to go hunting with, a stoner,looser and an addict. NOT !!!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Best post Iv'e read in a long time.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM

441 posts of crap - it boggles the mind that people can talk about this stuff for so long!
The law is what it is, and we are not going to change it here, that is for sure.....
Cat
Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
441 posts of crap - it boggles the mind that people can talk about this stuff for so long!
The law is what it is, and we are not going to change it here, that is for sure.....
Cat
spokin like a true red neck
Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
spokin like a true red neck
I may be a red neck yes, but I deal with A&D issues and the law every day and am well acquainted , trained, and experienced in the Canadian model for drugs and alcohol and the effect and impact that they have on the members and their families I represent, as well as the people that have been effected by the direct result of drug and alcohol abuse on and off the job.
And no, we are not going to change anything here.....
Cat
Old 09-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Cool Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Maybe you got the posts mixed up Mac, but that was not ME that called you a stoner and a looser, that was you in your post ( post 434 ). Now add an addict to the list ( your words again ). Hmmm. Just the kind of people I'd like to go hunting with, a stoner,looser and an addict. NOT !!!
Seriously??? Did you even read post 434?? It says NO WINNERS or LOOSERS! I didn't say I was a looser!! I may be a consumer of the finest cannabis in the land but I am no looser. I am very successful and content.

As far as being a stoner, pothead addict/abuser. That's what people LIKE you call people like me. And I'm fine with it. And if you don't want to go hunting with me?? Well, I never asked you to. Get a life so you can let me live mine.

If you are going to misquote people don't make a direct reference to their posts. And if you really want to go down this road, bring it, I am fairly confident I got you beat in all aspects of my life. I am a winner. Some people call it cockyness, I call it a safe bet.

Last edited by mac_xi@hotmail.com; 09-28-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Banned

From the source of all knowledge, Wikipedia:

Red neck: to mean bigoted, loutish, and opposed to modern ways

Pretty much sums it up.

For the simple minded, the world is always black and white, fore or against, good or bad. Unfortunately for those people, the world is not so simple, and is rarely bimodal.

Prohibition supports the corruption of our society.

Prohibition has created a humanitarian crisis on this continent, and others.

It's horrifying to see that the war on drugs, has created a full blown DRUG WAR in Mexico that is DESTROYING their society. It is not only "criminals" that are affected, but normal, uninvolved civilians as well.

End prohibition, stop the cartels.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerb View Post
And... how many times would we see people selling booze on the corner if there we didn't have about a thousand liquor stores and bars in Edmonton alone...not to mention the licensed restaurants and the fact that lots of people make their own wine and beer.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

History has shown us that prohibition also corrupts "security" agencies in North America.

Review the ATF, CIA, RCMP, and too many to list regional police forces.

Our agencies, buy and distribute, hard and soft drugs and weapons.

Our agencies are in business with black market because it is too large to ignore.

Our military forces have enabled the production of opium in Afghanistan to increase up to 400% since their occupation.

Our "allies" in Afghanistan are among the largest and most notorious producers, in the world.

Support for prohibition is support for the black market.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:26 PM

OOOOPS, sorry to interrupt, but I think I got lost. Can anyone direct me back to the Alberta Outdoorsmen forum?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM

Hey Mac. Is your real name Charlie Sheen. He says he's a winner and pretty much everyone ( except the stoners ) has him figured out. Drugs never affected him !!!! This whole discussion is way off, as Cat said 'no one is going to change the law here' and it is never going to be legal. This is stupid. I'm done
Closed Thread