Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Ever try pushing a rope?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
those are processed, people don't eat poppy seeds and get high.
Eat enough of those poppy seeds from the specific plant and you will test positive for opitates....

lol....hash is processed...is that off your list? LSD comes from various sources of mold (natural) but needs refinement....is that off your list?

What drugs are on your list? Pot?.....thats it? What about people who mix PCP and Ketamine and other things maybe a bit of Meth into that pot......?

LC
Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Ever try pushing a rope?
frozen one yes.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
lol....hash is processed...is that off your list? LSD comes from various sources of mold (natural) but needs refinement....is that off your list?

What drugs are on your list? Pot?.....thats it? What about people who mix PCP and Ketamine and other things maybe a bit of Meth into that pot......?

LC
what I said was pretty clear do you want me to go through a list?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
if it grows from the ground it should be legal, if it's processed it should be illegal.
but the pot we have on the market now is nowhere near what it used to be. THC levels in today's pot have been tweaked and twisted and manipulated to give a better, stronger "high"...so is that processed?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
what I said was pretty clear do you want me to go through a list?
Sure humour me...its not clear because opiates and lysergic acid diethylamide are naturally occuring as well.

Honestly smoke your pot I could care less....but when legalizing something affects my community I would like to have a say in it....

LC
Old 07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
but the pot we have on the market now is nowhere near what it used to be. THC levels in today's pot have been tweaked and twisted and manipulated to give a better, stronger "high"...so is that processed?
sure but we also have genetically modified wheat, plants can be improved through science.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:22 AM

my argument is not wether drugs are good or bad, moral or immoral, frankly i couldn't care less what your opinions on the morality of drugs are. My issues are with freedom of choice, and the wasting of our governments valuble resources, and trying to clean up the neighbourhoods by making forming gangs less profitable. thats it........ love drugs or hate drugs, what you do in the privacy of your home is your buisness, and lets try and keep it that way, your home is your castle which makes you the king.........keep your liberties, which may or may not include dropping acid on a saturday morning....
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sure humour me...its not clear because opiates and lysergic acid diethylamide are naturally occuring as well.

Honestly smoke your pot I could care less....but when legalizing something affects my community I would like to have a say in it....

LC
opiates and lsd may be naturally occuring but they won't have an effect on the human body unless we do something to them to bring it out,marajuana grows from the ground and you can roll it and smoke it or eat it, you don't have to do anything with it.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
so basically what your are saying is if something is legal or illegal people will get it anyways and do it.

when I was in vancouver a few years ago and walked down east hastings it was downright scary,people lying in the street with needles stick out of their arms,people selling whatever you want to buy etc but does that mean that delta or abbotsford will turn into that if pot is legalized?
You've gone from most drug users being productive members of society to a few from physio. You made the statement most druggies are productive members of society. where's the proof?

I worked in Vancouver steady nights running my tow trucks.It was many years ago but there were drugs there then. From my personal experience it has gotten a thousand times worse and at that time there was a druggie in nearly every back doorway on Hastings.

I lived in Abbotsford for 25 years. When I moved there You couldn't buy a coffee after midnight because nothing was open.When we moved from there to Alberta, you could buy anything you wanted anywhere in town. There were gangs and all the benefits to society that they bring.

In Calgary at that time the cops were saying 'Define gang" while looking for a political solution with a blindfold on.

The war on drugs is winnable when the gov't has the guts to want to win and not settle for "some common ground."as suggested here.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pophouseman View Post
my argument is not wether drugs are good or bad, moral or immoral, frankly i couldn't care less what your opinions on the morality of drugs are. My issues are with freedom of choice, and the wasting of our governments valuble resources, and trying to clean up the neighbourhoods by making forming gangs less profitable. thats it........ love drugs or hate drugs, what you do in the privacy of your home is your buisness, and lets try and keep it that way, your home is your castle which makes you the king.........keep your liberties, which may or may not include dropping acid on a saturday morning....
yah but when that acid gets dropped or that PCP gets snorted and someone comes running out their house naked like a madman and kills a child who they mistook for a demon....it is no longer a freedom of choice.

LC
Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
You've gone from most drug users being productive members of society to a few from physio. You made the statement most druggies are productive members of society. where's the proof?

I worked in Vancouver steady nights running my tow trucks.It was many years ago but there were drugs there then. From my personal experience it has gotten a thousand times worse and at that time there was a druggie in nearly every back doorway on Hastings.

I lived in Abbotsford for 25 years. When I moved there You couldn't buy a coffee after midnight because nothing was open.When we moved from there to Alberta, you could buy anything you wanted anywhere in town. There were gangs and all the benefits to society that they bring.

In Calgary at that time the cops were saying 'Define gang" while looking for a political solution with a blindfold on.

The war on drugs is winnable when the gov't has the guts to want to win and not settle for "some common ground."as suggested here.
thw war on drugs will never be won, as long as there is a market there will be a supply, harsher sentences,mandatory prison time,bottom of the ocean etc there will always be drugs and there will always be people that will take a chance on getting caught to make/import them, no country in the world has gotten rid of them what do you suggest we do to make them go away?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
yah but when that acid gets dropped or that PCP gets snorted and someone comes running out their house naked like a madman and kills a child who they mistook for a demon....it is no longer a freedom of choice.

LC
how is that any different than the stupid things people do while consuming alcohol?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
opiates and lsd may be naturally occuring but they won't have an effect on the human body unless we do something to them to bring it out,marajuana grows from the ground and you can roll it and smoke it or eat it, you don't have to do anything with it.
ok now I know where your knowledge on the topic sits and you have your facts incorrect....

....you dont have to refine opium to get high from it....but for medical uses it is purified and in some cases synthesized for different effects.....fact of the matter you can take milk of the poppy dry and smoke it and get high...

....if you have the right type of rye mold growing.....you can eat it straight away and have hallucinogenic effects without refining a darn thing....

as Ken suggested....pushing the rope ain't work working so I give up....smoke away dude!

LC
Old 07-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Gone Hunting

"But im sure you would redfrog as apparently because it is legal to do so, we HAVE to do it."
If you're sure, if you're really sure would you bet your life on it. I would.

Again the only argument you can win is when you state both sides. Again you put words in my mouth I did not say any one had to do something because it was now legal I said many would.

Raise the speed limit. No one has to speed up but my guess is most will.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
how is that any different than the stupid things people do while consuming alcohol?
its not....abuse is abuse...understand that legal or not ABUSE IS ABUSE....abuse of any substance is a BAD thing...it makes people do things they wouldn't normally do.

If a guy hadn't drank a 26oz of rye that night....do you think he would have wiped out the family on the highway?....likely 1 drink won't cause disorientation but 25 of them will....? going from 1-25 classifies as ABUSE OF A SUBSTANCE IMHO.

LC
Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
ok now I know where your knowledge on the topic sits and you have your facts incorrect....

....you dont have to refine opium to get high from it....but for medical uses it is purified and in some cases synthesized for different effects.....fact of the matter you can take milk of the poppy dry and smoke it and get high...

....if you have the right type of rye mold growing.....you can eat it straight away and have hallucinogenic effects without refining a darn thing....

as Ken suggested....pushing the rope ain't work working so I give up....smoke away dude!

LC
I don't smoke anything and haven't in a very long time, why is it if somebody is for reforming drug laws they must be some kind of stoner? why can't people have a moral or philosophical argument against laws that clearly aren't working and never have, pushing a rope is right keep it the way it is and see where that will get you.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
"But im sure you would redfrog as apparently because it is legal to do so, we HAVE to do it."
If you're sure, if you're really sure would you bet your life on it. I would.

Again the only argument you can win is when you state both sides. Again you put words in my mouth I did not say any one had to do something because it was now legal I said many would.

Raise the speed limit. No one has to speed up but my guess is most will.
so you really think people in there 40s or 50s who have never done pot before will start all of a sudden if it becomes legal?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I don't smoke anything and haven't in a very long time, why is it if somebody is for reforming drug laws they must be some kind of stoner? why can't people have a moral or philosophical argument against laws that clearly aren't working and never have, pushing a rope is right keep it the way it is and see where that will get you.
legalize it and see what happens....

LC
Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 AM

pushing a rope

re-using a condom

turning manure into grain

putting a fish back together after eating it

un popping a balloon

finding all the bb's you shot into a lake and reusing them

cleaning used oil with tweezers

pulling the snot out of a used kleenix....

all seem easier than beating Eastcoast on this arguement.

One one hand, way to stick to your guns.

On the other, lets go fishing!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
so you really think people in there 40s or 50s who have never done pot before will start all of a sudden if it becomes legal?
Nope. I didn't say that. If you can't counter what I do say feel free to join the other guy and make up what you THINK I said.

I'll go back to typing slowly. Young people who have not consumed alcohol illegally will likely go to a bar or try alcohol when they reach legal age.
I think I can extrapolate that premise to include legalizing drugs.

If drugs were legalized, young people , especially, who have not tried drugs previously will now try them because the gov't has given tacit approval and implied that their use is safe.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:50 AM

You're all mad....mad I say..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLLTntnqjk
Old 07-06-2011, 12:01 PM

I have the "Right to Freedom of choice" is a great catch phrase. But that is about all it is, a catch phrase.
Go down this road and see where it ends up. I have the right to do what I want when I want with my body, belongings and physical being.

Thats what these people say now adays, I have the Right to do this and that. I also have the right to smash windows, I have the right to rob a person because I have no food, I have a right to Welfare, I have the right to do drugs as see fit, I have the right to smoke up before going to work, after all It does not effect my job skills.

Don't come around me or my house, because I also have Freedom of Choice to protect it from any risks associated with others freedom of choice.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 PM

In my ideal world there would be 100% legalization of all drugs. And NO I don't do them at all. I just think if you wanna shoot drugs, drink kerosene, or choke yourself so you can enjoy sex, have at her!!

That said all the money sent to the "War on Drugs" would be divereted to Corrections Canada where they would build multiple tent jails on islands in the NWT.

Then laws would change where if you did any crime because you were a druggie (Like the reject who robbed TC's girl), your sentence would double and the mandatory minimum would be 10 years. We would also fire all the bleeding heart judges and ensure that judges understood that beign a drug addict should be an aggravating factor, not a mitigating factor, in sentencing.

Send them to the NWT prison, drop in a food supply or two a year, patrol the waters around the said islands, kill anyone that tries to get off.

At the end of 10 years, if the guy survives, I don't think he'll rob, or use, anymore. If he does, well the next sentence is an automatic double of the first.

And I would also legalize 25 cal and 32 cal pop guns as well. And conceal carry.

I am sure that there would be some problems at first, but I am sure the problems would even out eventually!!! :P
Old 07-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope. I didn't say that. If you can't counter what I do say feel free to join the other guy and make up what you THINK I said.

I'll go back to typing slowly. Young people who have not consumed alcohol illegally will likely go to a bar or try alcohol when they reach legal age.
I think I can extrapolate that premise to include legalizing drugs.

If drugs were legalized, young people , especially, who have not tried drugs previously will now try them because the gov't has given tacit approval and implied that their use is safe.
I think alot of the teenage drug use has to do with it being illegal, the forbidden fruit if you will, make them legal and regulate them somehow and that will take alot of the coolness factor away from drugs.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
I have the "Right to Freedom of choice" is a great catch phrase. But that is about all it is, a catch phrase.
Go down this road and see where it ends up. I have the right to do what I want when I want with my body, belongings and physical being.

Thats what these people say now adays, I have the Right to do this and that. I also have the right to smash windows, I have the right to rob a person because I have no food, I have a right to Welfare, I have the right to do drugs as see fit, I have the right to smoke up before going to work, after all It does not effect my job skills.

Don't come around me or my house, because I also have Freedom of Choice to protect it from any risks associated with others freedom of choice.
how is smoking a joint on saturday night comparable at all to smashing a window or robbing a person, I don't get the link please fill me in.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Sigh... let's all relax and kick back with a beer, bourbon, or fatty, your choice.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Sigh... let's all relax and kick back with a beer, bourbon, or fatty, your choice.
beer please
Old 07-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post

Your funny, you start your rant against me and what I have been saying, and then you finish it agreeing with me......right on.... how many times do I have to repeat myself. YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE OTHERS RIGHTS BEGIN.....smashing windows...really...no one has said it should be okay to do this.....if you want to smash the windows on your own house......who is to stop you.....

Your last line there is the most interesting because guess what, your same argument agaisnt freedom of choice is exactly what you need to properly protect your house. If you do think you have freedom of choice, try shooting an intruder, see how fast you end up behind bars...... you NEED your liberty to protect your house as much as you need the ability to enjoy a beer, or some smack. reread your own post and figure out how you agree wiht me, because right now you DON;t have freedom of choice to protect you house.

P.S redfrog alot of people who are over 21 have never drank or been near a bar, so don't try and tell us that accesibility = abuse, because it doesn't

Right to freedom of choice is not a catch phrase, it is a lifestlye choice that I wish more canadians wanted, Maybe if we all cared enough we could get some freedom from the tyranny
Old 07-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Good grief.....STILL going on about this?!!

Between both ridiculous threads the best post was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
this poll is an epic fail. start another right under it calling it whos full of crap and who not..
Let's sum up over 20 pages of discussion:

"you're an idiot, drugs are bad"
"No, YOU'RE an idiot...they are not"
"yes they are"
"no they're not".....

Rinse and repeat for the next 20 pages. This discussion comes up in every single forum, and every one has the same banter and arguments, and no one ever accomplishes anything.
If ever there was an appropriate place for a mods post of "this is going nowhere...CLOSED" this would be it.