Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Banned

Calgary looked great tonight.. Lets see if they can play that way for the rest of the season.

The "Holiday" takeaway might have helped.. Who knows..

Jamie
Old 11-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned

Well things seemed to have turned around a bit lately.

The Flames really did need to sweep Van. If Van had swept the Flames, they would have been up by 9 points. Thats a HUGE lead. Instead Van is up by one point. Calgary seems to be doing ok.. But OK is not good enough. Detroit outclassed them and just how good are the Sharks this year. Those are 2 major stumbling blocks. The road to the cup will have to go through both of those teams.

As for the Oilers. I think its going to be another tough grind to make the Playoffs this year. The NW is so very tough.

Jamie
Old 11-30-2008, 01:03 PM

Well we looked good yesterday, but it was St Louis, next home and home vs Dallas is HUGE starting today. Plus you still have 2 games in hand so I am cautiously optimistic GO OIL
Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

SEAN AVERY...

WHAT A LITTLE CLOWN.

Did you guys see what he said about Dions Girlfriend. The NHL moved in record time to suspend him.

UNFRIKEN BELIEVABLE!!!

Jamie
Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 AM

You might want to mention the fact you also lost to a bottom ranked team.....was Frankeneuf that upset??? ( the irony here is we also lost to them but I never let that get in the way of some good trash talking James )
Old 12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Yes they lost.
We should have beat them.

On a positive note our shots were way up there. 37-22
Sounds like Avery is gone from the Stars.

Jamie
Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 PM

Yeah - I'll be surprised if he plays another game with the Stars. It was pretty apparent from Turco's and Modano's comments that he is not liked on that team.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:56 PM

Sean Avery would be a cancer in any team's dressing room, he may have played his last game in the NHL.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 PM

Well we looked really good tonite...and Dallas did look abit tired tonite, but too bad we had 3 back to backs on our big roadtrip so suk it up big D. I will take the 2 points cheerfully
Old 12-07-2008, 12:46 AM

LOL got totally dominated by the Sharks tonite and ROli saved our collective arses tonite. WOW just WOW. It was like watchn a replay of the '06 playoffs again. Nothing like gettn 2 points where you deserve none....GO OIL
Old 12-10-2008, 06:33 AM

Wooo Hooo how bout them Flame's last night guys.

Opps, actually how bout those Hab's.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Sean Avery would be a cancer in any team's dressing room, he may have played his last game in the NHL.
I dislike Avery intensely, but to be fair, if he made that statement in the locker room instead of in front of microphones, all the players condemning him would have been laughing their a&&es off and high-fiving him. Such hypocrisy.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:36 PM

I agree with you Oky, this is just an excuse for the Stars to dump his arse. Funny how Chelios can threaten the health of Gary Bettman and his family and there is ZERO reprecusions but offend a wanabbe model/B actress with locker room remarks and losr your carreer. Sounds like the beer exec who was fired for sexual harrasment for discussing the infamous "Mulva" episode on Seinfeld. To much PC methinks....
Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM

Avery's the only thing that has made hockey interesting lately... This is the most boring part of the NHL season... The excitement of pre-season, when everyone's team looks like a cup contender, is long gone. Can't get too excited about standings or streaks right now, as we know things will change... win two in a row, lose two in a row, who cares? I would say that the small number of posts per day here backs up my contention. Not many following it too closely right now. Give it a couple more months.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:59 PM

well you might catch me on sportsnet tommorow night, will be 5 rows up behind mac t and the boys.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
well you might catch me on sportsnet tommorow night, will be 5 rows up behind mac t and the boys.
Wow, pretty deadly tickets Swifty. Congrats man. You'll be close enough to see the tear squeeze out of MacT's eye when they lose to the Panthers. If they do lose, be careful not to yell at the coach, he's got a temper From the film it looks like he punches like a girl, so on second thought, you probably don't have much to worry about.

Just joking man. Enjoy the game.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 PM

I hate Detroit
Old 12-10-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
Wow, pretty deadly tickets Swifty. Congrats man. You'll be close enough to see the tear squeeze out of MacT's eye when they lose to the Panthers. If they do lose, be careful not to yell at the coach, he's got a temper From the film it looks like he punches like a girl, so on second thought, you probably don't have much to worry about.

Just joking man. Enjoy the game.
For the price i paid, i can handle a loss. (nothin beats a freebie)
Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM
sniper_700ti_mckaylake_gu

Oh man, the sharks are going downhill. They have lost 4 already this season!!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_700ti_mckaylake_gu View Post
Oh man, the sharks are going downhill. They have lost 4 already this season!!
Actually they've lost 7 but 3 of them were in OT Pretty damn impressive either way. The Wings took a chunk out of them last night though. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in their next game. Definitely two teams that are in a league of their own this year.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
Actually they've lost 7 but 3 of them were in OT Pretty damn impressive either way. The Wings took a chunk out of them last night though. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in their next game. Definitely two teams that are in a league of their own this year.
Except that a loss in overtime is actually a tie. You still get a point.

Last edited by Sadie; 12-19-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:00 PM

Actually no its not its an overtime loss where the loser gets a point and the winner gets 2
Old 12-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

???????

Last edited by Sadie; 12-19-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Banned

Wow.. How many oilers does it take to change a flat tire???

Just 1

Unless its a blow out, then the whole team shows up.

Serriously, whats wrong up there? Or was it just a one game kinda thing?

We played the same team and managed to lose in OT. You guys got the crap knocked out you.. What was it 9-2 or something silly like that?

I HOPE that Mats isnt that big of a help to Van. We dont need anymore competion in the NW.

I see that Ed is 13th in the west. However there still is some hope, your only 3 points out of a playoff spot. The hard part is going to be overcomming all those teams that want the 8th spot. In todays NHL with that "Loser" point, its a tough go.
On the flip side of that is that you are only 4 points out of last place. YUCK!!!

Changes need to be made in Edmonton.. Why havent they made them?

and just for the record, I really dont think Calgary has any sort of a great team this year. I find them inconsistanty good, they have the abilty to show up for a big game but also the abilty to show up for a stinker. Iggy though is looking great. Kipper is doing better.
We need a tough guy though. I think I saw a stat that showed Calgary was in the most fights this year. I just havent seen them win to many of them.
LOLOLOL

Jamie
Old 12-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Default blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker View Post
seeing this is an NHL thread and not just a 3 team thread . i will say to them young guns in chicago . GO HAWKS GO.
i still say it . GO HAWKS GO.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

I also like the fact that Chicago and the Bruins are doing extremly well this year.

Jamie
Old 12-29-2008, 11:50 PM

Flames are Hot Hot Hot and the Oil are well....Luke warm
Old 12-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Flames are Hot Hot Hot and the Oil are well....Luke warm
Yes!!.. They are winning.

Ed has done what I thought to be imposible. They have climbed back into the playoffs. To leap frog so many teams is a acomplishment.
Now they have to stick up there.

Jamie
Old 12-30-2008, 12:49 AM

Unless TSN standings are wrong.... The Oil are still in 9th which is out of the playoffs..... Heck from 13th-8th is a 4 point spread. Thats a lot of teams bunched up. Any of those have just as good of a chance as the others. Dallas has started playing a lot better. I would bet on them crawling back into a top 8 spot. Gonna be an interesting second half. Man the flames look good. Listening to the fan 960 this afternoon they gave some interesting statistics. Basically they took all of the regular "3rd liners" from last year and they totalled around 20 points all season. This years have a total of like 80 so far. It is quite evident that the balance of scoring has contributed to their success. If bourque, glencross, moss, and company can keep it up then watch out western conference. The flames have lacked the secondary scoring in recent years. Basically the team would rely on the likes of iggy, phaneuf and kipper to win all their games. Iggy and phaneuf have stepped back the last few and they are still winning. goes to show they may be on to something
Old 12-31-2008, 11:20 PM

What a game in calgary tonight!!! lots of intrigue. How bout Tavares taking control over the US in the world juniors. That kid has what it takes for sure.